Carabao Cup 2022/23

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
These draws recently :drool:

Nice long trip to Southampton for Newcastle too.
Funny part is we have been drawn at home in all 5 domestic cup games. This one time where there are two legs and you probably want to be drawn away, we get drawn away.

Nice to have a little bit of luck for the first time in our lifetimes.

Pintu

Is it still played over 2 legs? If yes, this is perfect... Hoping we can get Saints in the final.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Is that Jill Scott in the studio on sky? Shes going on like getting instructions as a player is weird and complicated :lol:

LordSpud

The games keep on piling and piling...

Throw the Europa League and focus on domestic comps and Top 4??

SirScholes

Top 4 will never be more important than an actual trophy to me. Winning things creates actual memories, I'm not getting giddy over top 4 in even slightly the same way.
We want both
But top 4 brings Champions league and better players which equal more than the odd efl run so I’ll take top 4 please

Pronewbie

Peep
We should continue to play a mix of squad players sprinkled with first team cameos in the 1st leg and take it from there. Same applies to the FA Cup. We've been very lucky with the cup draws.

Devil81

2 legs just ensures you don't get any weaker sides in the final. If Southampton went back to the Etihad City would have turned it round.

It's to ensure a strong final surely.

Pintu

And IMO that is exactly what is wrong with football today, winning a trophy should always be more important then finishing 4th
Top 4 means you get a chance to play for the biggest of all trophies... I'll take that over Carabao thing. But the FA Cup and the Europa League (even without the bonus of it giving a CL qualification) are worthy trophies. I was gutted when we lost that Semifinal to Seville in 2020, it would have been a wonderful season with a trophy against Inter in the final. Can't compare it to Carabao thing... Not as emotional about the Villareal game, the run was better but it came off the back of a shameful CL exit.

This here is really forgettable so far. Nothing is memorable about three home games against Villa, Burnley and Charlton sending you to the semifinal.