g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
 Casemiro image 18

Casemiro Brazil flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

spiriticon

Casemiro played against the very best PL teams every year in the CL, I don't think he needs any kind of lessons.

He needs to adjust to his new teamates and to the system though. Also, it's not unusual for him to start a season looking off for several games, it happened last year with Real Madrid.
I think CL games are slow and cagey as feck especially in the later rounds tbh.

The raw pace is nowhere near the PL's. It's more of a tactical affair.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Funny how one game can change the way we see on a guy that has been one of the, if not best, CDM for the last 6-7 years.

Casemiro has still not played 90 minutes for the club and we are already made up our minds that he is "finished"?

First of all, what did we expect we bought him? He will never be a ball carrying player, neither will he get a ton of assist or goals. He will not dribble past 3-4 guys. He will not shine like other player and be the one that the average supporter will put his MOTM vote on. He won't change his hair every game, or wear fancy things. He will not be the one to ask to take a penalty in 93 minute just so he can be the one that wins the for us.

So what will get out of him? I believe that we will get a player that will fight for his place in the team without complaining if he doesn't start every game, he will give his all on the pitch and fight for his teammate without asking for anything more then that in return. He will run his socks of and try to win the ball every chance he gets. He will make the right decisions. He will pass the ball to the guy that he believes can make more out of the situation then he can. He will inspire people around him to run that extra 1 meter because he will run 2 if needed. He will always have the fighting spirit. He will do the dirty work that others don't think is important. We have added that in our defense by buying Martinez, in our midfield with Casemiro, in our offense with Antony. What this team more then quality is character, and that is what we got in these guys and its paying of.

Antonys performance today was not good, if he didn't score, he would be unnoticed. He made some pore decisions, he didn't press their LB at all first 45 minutes, he looked nervous and got by the moment. But I didn't expect more from a young lad that just arrived in England and moved to the best league in the world. My point is, if we are saying that Casemiro is finished already, before we even gave him 90 minutes to prove anything else, then what are the 100m spent on Antony?

I believe that Casemiro will be more important for us this season then Antony, while I'm sure that Antony will be great success. We need to give the time to learn some English, get to know their new teammates, get used to the PL and the life in England. Give it at least 10 games before even trying to judge either one of them.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Starting to presume that he wasn’t really a Ten Hag target and was instead one that the club, with the manager’s blessing, chose to pursue. The very clear Ten Hag targets (Martinez, Eriksen, Malacia and Antony) have all joined the team almost immediately. I suspect De Jong likewise would have been in the team ASAP.

I’m sure he can make his way into the team and become a near permanent fixture there, but he might have to wait for his chance. He’ll start midweek and he’ll get a Premier League game start soon as McTominay is already on four yellows.

It’s great to have competition for places!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Casemiro has still not played 90 minutes for the club and we are already made up our minds that he is "finished"?

them.
Only an absolute dimwit would suggest this surely? :lol:

Based on coming into a fast game, and miscontrolling one ball?

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm

Unfortunately, reading up in this thread, some people feels that that was enough to call him finished.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

To be fair, he came on in the Leicester game and gave the ball away which led to a dangerous Leicester attack. He did the same today.

But he needs full 90 minute games under his belt to get up to speed. He will play the 90 vs Sociedad at least.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Think he'll play an hour midweek with Antony and maybe Ronaldo.

And then all 3 to start versus Palace.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Think he'll play an hour midweek with Antony and maybe Ronaldo.

And then all 3 to start versus Palace.
Unless Ronaldo produces something special midweek, why would you start him over today's forwards?
And I'm a massive Ronaldo fan.

marktan

He's just charging his batteries for the standard deep CL run guys. Around March/April he will be slapping around no-marks like Salah and Neynar for fun.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Unless Ronaldo produces something special midweek, why would you start him over today's forwards?
Because Palace wont play a high line to suit Rashford.

Dan_F

To be fair, he came on in the Leicester game and gave the ball away which led to a dangerous Leicester attack. He did the same today.

But he needs full 90 minute games under his belt to get up to speed. He will play the 90 vs Sociedad at least.
He did that once against Leicester. You’ve also chosen to ignore the other times he had perfect touches and split their midfield with forward passes. He looked a mile ahead of our other midfielders against Leicester, bar that one mistake.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He did that once against Leicester. You’ve also chosen to ignore the other times he had perfect touches and split their midfield with forward passes. He looked a mile ahead of our other midfielders against Leicester, bar that one mistake.
I agree with you but I am just looking at it from the other side of the fence. I think Casemiro is a wonderful player and will be one of our most important players soon.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Only the last game's cameo, he showed how much better he's than McTominay who is playing the most defensive midfield role form the start of the season so far.

We are just waiting for the right moment to introduce him and I can understand that ETH doesn't want to break what's not broken and bringing results.

The United

He is probably going to compete against Tommy for a spot, not Eriksen.

Moiraine

I hate to say it but am I ever wrong about a new signing. This guy is finished, Madrid sold us a dud. No wonder Ten Hag doesn't start him. He doesn't suit the type of football Ten Hag wants to play. He's a destroyer type DM and what we need is a possession based DM like Carrick/Busquets. It's another 60m down the drain and he'll probably just be a last 10 minutes off the bench player which is what he should be at most. Early days I know but I don't think he's going to be a good player for us, he's another player that lacks mobility like Maguire and they struggle in the premier league. Clearly he's not as immobile as Maguire, but he's not the quickest and not the youngest which is going to cause him problems.
What are you a prophet?

crossy1686

career ending
Chill the feck out lads, he hasn’t played a single minute for Madrid this season, there’s a reason he decided to leave so close to the end of the window, he wasn’t for sale before he was benched for 3 games.

Once he gets fit and up to speed we’ll see a lot more of him.

ThinkTank@Cafe

He is just not fit. And he is so important for Ten Hag that he gives him playing time in big games.

I am sure Ten Hag certain fitness threshold. Quantitative and easy to measure. He just tells any player - you don’t start until you get this number. Even Ronaldo has nothing to say against. Basic people management.

bakalhau

He's gonna get there. Give him a few games. Same with Varane, much more solid this year than last year. Just let the man do his thing and give him some time.

Litch

Not ready yet but once up to speed overs a serious upgrade to this team….

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Rashford is pretty bad as a no9 and Sancho is geriatric, let's see whether martial is fit or not.

Sylar

Eth is using him correctly. It helps MCT is doing well so we can ease casemiro in. No rush needed and it's gonna be a long season (hopefully)

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
He'll get his chance when Scott picks up his fifth yellow and gets suspended. So, pretty soon.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Once he gets going United will be watertight at times, United need to start dominating games

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Seemingly signed Casemiro to be a back up for Scott McTominay. He’ll play Europa League games at least, he’s good in Europe.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He is the sixty million investment to unlock McTomminay's talent.

Brophs

The One and Only
Anyone could look good carrying water for Modric and Kroos. But could he seamlessly drop back into centre half in that Scotland side? They don’t give out medals for that, more’s the pity.

lex talionis

A beast who has yet to be uncaged.

One lesson we all have to learn is that it takes at least a few matches to adapt to the speed and intensity of prem football. Some freaks like Haaland step right in at top gear on the first day, but most need some time. We’ve got a quality signing in Casemiro and should we in a contention for a trophy in May he’ll be a massive part of our run.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He is just not fit. And he is so important for Ten Hag that he gives him playing time in big games.

I am sure Ten Hag certain fitness threshold. Quantitative and easy to measure. He just tells any player - you don’t start until you get this number. Even Ronaldo has nothing to say against. Basic people management.
What makes you think ETH has a higher fitness threshold than Real Madrid?

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
ETH explained it, yet no one listens. Casemiro isn't as familiar with the system as the other players, plus McTominay is being rewarded for his good form with more game time. It really is that simple, but typical caf has to make it about him not being good enough, out of favour, or past it.

Drainy

ETH explained it, yet no one listens. Casemiro isn't as familiar with the system as the other players, plus McTominay is being rewarded for his good form with more game time. It really is that simple, but typical caf has to make it about him not being good enough, out of favour, or past it.
I hadn't seen that but was just going to say. Casemiro is behind the rest of the team in tactical drills in one of the most complex and essential areas of the pitch so naturally needs time to get bedded in.

That's on top of the adaptation to a new league and all the off the pitch stuff.

TsuWave

Pretty much.

Teja

The plan was to play Eriksen deep with Casemiro next to him. Pretty sure that’s what we’ll see in a few weeks.
Casemiro isn't really b2b in the way that Fred and McT are though.

You need a runner in midfield who can carry the ball and go forwards.

If we introduce Casemiro in then we either expect Eriksen to go B2B and run with the ball (unlikely) or play Casemiro - McT - #10 with Casemiro having the initial build up responsibility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.