g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
 Casemiro image 18

Casemiro Brazil flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

zenith

Fully expecting him to start alongside Fred in the europa and be a key player for us going forward.

Maybe people have misplaced expectations with him right now. What he does brilliantly is read the game, win the ball, track the runners, break first lines with passes and will be absolute key in winning games against lesser teams.

His passes to eriksen, bruno, Anthony and rashford may get him plenty of secondary assists

dan1509

I hate to say it but am I ever wrong about a new signing. This guy is finished, Madrid sold us a dud. No wonder Ten Hag doesn't start him. He doesn't suit the type of football Ten Hag wants to play. He's a destroyer type DM and what we need is a possession based DM like Carrick/Busquets. It's another 60m down the drain and he'll probably just be a last 10 minutes off the bench player which is what he should be at most. Early days I know but I don't think he's going to be a good player for us, he's another player that lacks mobility like Maguire and they struggle in the premier league. Clearly he's not as immobile as Maguire, but he's not the quickest and not the youngest which is going to cause him problems.
Oh yea the almighty premier league. However did he win 5 CL?

OrcaFat

Casemiro isn't really b2b in the way that Fred and McT are though.

You need a runner in midfield who can carry the ball and go forwards.

If we introduce Casemiro in then we either expect Eriksen to go B2B and run with the ball (unlikely) or play Casemiro - McT - #10 with Casemiro having the initial build up responsibility.
I really doubt it. We’ll have to see.

largelyworried

Was disappointed he didn't start yesterday, but ETH made the right call so no criticism there. That said, while you can't really say McT, Bruno or Eriksen were lacking yesterday (all three were great in fact), we needed a calm head in there at times to try and keep hold of the ball when we won it back.

In that spell between half time and us getting our second goal against the run of play, we were winning tackles in defence or midfield but then immediately squandering it again, which led to more and more pressure. No-one could have complained if Arsenal had scored again during that spell. It was reminiscent of the second half vs Leicester. So there's definitely a role for Casemiro, even if the current midfield is looking good.

Luka Mora

Wow people are writing this guy off or any player and saying he's finished not even after 1 start, but 3 sub appearances that is a total 51 mins of game time. It must be a record surely

A player who hasn't had a pre season with the squad to be integrated with the system and hasn't played under ten hag before unlike Martinez and Antony, and I hear people complaining he doesn't start and then cry after he comes off the bench in the last 15-20 minutes and isn't bossing the game, making 5 assists and scoring hattricks, after we are trying to preserve a lead :lol:

I even hear some conspiracies on fan channel that say he was forced on to ten hag, and is not even in his plans, even though the manager explained the reasons for him not starting straight away before the game.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Is it me or he looks chubby.. he’ll come good soon, he is class.
Think that's just his build and he's got that chubby face look going on :lol: When it showed him getting ready to come on Vs Leicester he had his top off and was ripped, so obviously had a low body fat %.

But he's probably just lacking a bit of actual match fitness and his speed of thought may be a bit rusty after the summer break still. Not sure what sort of pre season he had with Real. There may be an element of nerves etc also.

Son

Casemiro will be more of an asset in the games we dominate possession sniffing out any counter attack danger. Today everyone knows we needed legs in midfield next to Erikssen and Bruno.

McSauce has been decent too so can’t drop him just yet when Casemiro isn’t even 100% fully upto speed.

Reiver

Yesterday was the first time he came on and I didn't think he contributed a lot.
But far too early to write him off, I'm sure he'll play a big part this season.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Two games in and some people are writing him off? Wow.
It was sadly predictable. Big name. Big fee. 30. There always seems to be a section of fans that like to scorch newcomers if they don't hit the ground running with 10 interceptions, 3 assists and a goal on their debut.

Flexdegea

Wow people are writing this guy off or any player and saying he's finished not even after 1 start, but 3 sub appearances that is a total 51 mins of game time. It must be a record surely

A player who hasn't had a pre season with the squad to be integrated with the system and hasn't played under ten hag before unlike Martinez and Antony, and I hear people complaining he doesn't start and then cry after he comes off the bench in the last 15-20 minutes and isn't bossing the game, making 5 assists and scoring hattricks, after we are trying to preserve a lead :lol:

I even hear some conspiracies on fan channel that say he was forced on to ten hag, and is not even in his plans, even though the manager explained the reasons for him not starting straight away before the game.
Lot of our fans are buffoon.

Everyone moved to conspiracies about it, not a Hag signing, he's a dud, madrid pulled our pants down...................but no one has listened to the manager speak about it.

Their is no hidden agenda. We right now don't need him to win games, he obvs not up to full speed. He will be a starter for us inside a month and will be one of our main players. Their is no issue. Everyone needs to calm down

MetoTTT

I'm not bothered he's starting or not. Maybe just not fit enough or ETH thinks this midfield did a good job, McT deserves to start and isn't interested in price tag, player's name etc. Just hope Casemiro will stay fit and be a key player here.

acnumber9

He doesn't suit the type of football Ten Hag wants to play. He's a destroyer type DM and what we need is a possession based DM like Carrick/Busquets.
And the evidence for that is that McTominay is starting?

Betson

He needs to be starting games to get him u to speed , he is an experienced player but getting to the pace in a new team and new league is almost impossible when you are only getting cameo roles.

Surely he will start on Thursday.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I hate to say it but am I ever wrong about a new signing. This guy is finished, Madrid sold us a dud. No wonder Ten Hag doesn't start him. He doesn't suit the type of football Ten Hag wants to play. He's a destroyer type DM and what we need is a possession based DM like Carrick/Busquets. It's another 60m down the drain and he'll probably just be a last 10 minutes off the bench player which is what he should be at most. Early days I know but I don't think he's going to be a good player for us, he's another player that lacks mobility like Maguire and they struggle in the premier league. Clearly he's not as immobile as Maguire, but he's not the quickest and not the youngest which is going to cause him problems.
:lol:

Gottabekiddingme

Real Madrid fans in their Spanish forum.

"His team beat Arsenal 3-1 and his first touch is a very embarrassing turnover. What a good sale"

"Casemiro is still a substitute at United. He left 3 games ago and here at Madrid not even his friends remember him anymore. He will soon realize that it is quite cold outside of Madrid"

"The style of the Premier League is to run all the time and press for 90 minutes... Casemiro will suffer. He is slow and has slowed down over the years.
On top of that he never knew how to move the ball around, and technically he is weak. He has always lost dangerous balls in the middle"

"I like Case very much and I wish him the best but I think we got the upper hand to United in this deal due to his age and price above all"

"If I'm United I'd pay for a 50 years old Modric before paying 70M for Casemiro. At least Modric would have made them better".

Mr Smith

Real Madrid fans in their Spanish forum.

"His team beat Arsenal 3-1 and his first touch is a very embarrassing turnover. What a good sale"

"Casemiro is still a substitute at United. He left 3 games ago and here at Madrid not even his friends remember him anymore. He will soon realize that it is quite cold outside of Madrid"

"The style of the Premier League is to run all the time and press for 90 minutes... Casemiro will suffer. He is slow and has slowed down over the years.
On top of that he never knew how to move the ball around, and technically he is weak. He has always lost dangerous balls in the middle"

"I like Case very much and I wish him the best but I think we got the upper hand to United in this deal due to his age and price above all"

"If I'm United I'd pay for a 50 years old Modric before paying 70M for Casemiro. At least Modric would have made them better".
Couldn't give a feck what they think frankly.

0le

Replenish

Enjoy sticking in the newbies, sunshine.

Writing a player off after a few sub appearances is beyond embarrassing.
It's early days I know, but I'll be proven right unfortunately. I've never been wrong in my judgement.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
It's early days I know, but I'll be proven right unfortunately. I've never been wrong in my judgement.
Confirmation / selection bias, humans are fallible. Uncertainty is a characteristic of the universe if somehow you manage to do something that the 117 or so billion humans to have ever lived then congratulations.

Statistically realise that you are wrong, and will continue to be like plenty of us :) Casemiro will be great by October.

mu4c_20le

That depends. What was your old account?

Mr PG

I haven’t watched Casemiro enough but happened with Lisandro Martinez too. Oh he’s only 5”9 and won’t make it in the premier league.. oh he’s too weak… .even experienced defenders such as Carragher embarrassingly spouted the same nonsense now they’re silent.

How many people in the media and I was surprised even Rio said Eriksen wasn’t good enough or wasn’t going to improve us but they said he was good cover for Bruno. Nobody else wants him they said.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Starting to presume that he wasn’t really a Ten Hag target and was instead one that the club, with the manager’s blessing, chose to pursue. The very clear Ten Hag targets (Martinez, Eriksen, Malacia and Antony) have all joined the team almost immediately. I suspect De Jong likewise would have been in the team ASAP.

I’m sure he can make his way into the team and become a near permanent fixture there, but he might have to wait for his chance. He’ll start midweek and he’ll get a Premier League game start soon as McTominay is already on four yellows.

It’s great to have competition for places!
I think this may well have been the case. De Jong was clearly the one Ten Hag wanted but as we reached the end of the window and that obviously wasn't happening, Casemiro suddenly emerged as a “gettable” quality player (at the right price / wages)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Confirmation / selection bias, humans are fallible. Uncertainty is a characteristic of the universe if somehow you manage to do something that the 117 or so billion humans to have ever lived then congratulations.

Statistically realise that you are wrong, and will continue to be like plenty of us :) Casemiro will be great by October.
Speak for yourself. Replenish and I have never been wrong.

NewYorkRed

People writing him off already is typical caf. ETH can’t drop Mcsauce because, like it or not, he’s been good recently. When he drops off, I’m sure Case will start and do amazingly well.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Way too soon to write him off,he’s still adapting to a new league and team.
Haha too soon? Give him like 8 games or so please, he barely played and did well except against Arsenal. Our fans are probably up there with the least patient ones (or, one might say, dumbest ones)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think Casemiro will end up as a starter, it's almost inevitable really, but in ten Hag's defence you can't really afford to break up a team that has been picking up wins especially after those first 2 games. Casemiro will get his chance.

A-man

People writing him off already is typical caf. ETH can’t drop Mcsauce because, like it or not, he’s been good recently. When he drops off, I’m sure Case will start and do amazingly well.
I think McT also plays because he offers aerial protection to our defence where all are short except Varane.

Status
Not open for further replies.