Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Correct.

I really want to ask you and everybody else who quoted and ridiculed my post, to come back here at the end of the season to admit how poor Casemiro has been, but I'm genuinely caught it two minds as I don't want to be here hoping to be proven right as that means he will have been a poor signing. I want him to succeed as a player us. I don't want us carrying another expensive flop in the first team like we have done Maguire purely keeping their places due to what we paid for them.

Anyway, let's hope I'm wrong, but it would be a first.

I'm also confused as to how I'm still stuck on two likes with such high quality posts.
You were wrong about Eriksen as recently as a few days ago :lol:

kode

I remember Fabinho having that slow introduction to Premier League, some players need time to adapt but once they do they dont look back

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I remember Fabinho having that slow introduction to Premier League, some players need time to adapt but once they do they dont look back
Thiago spent a season being average before becoming integral to Liverpool

lex talionis

First things first. Like most other human beings, I’m wrong quite often. You will not see me claim how shocked I’ll be when I’m proven wrong for the first time.

With that behind us, I’m not at all concerned about Casemiro not getting serious minutes so far. McTominay is in a burst of good form and any top manager will ride a player in good form until it ends. When it does end Casemiro will take the reins and take us to another level.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He's going to start on Thursday I'm sure of it, an hour or so of football under his belt will do him the world of good. Come October I fully expect him to be a regular starter
I have an October estimate too for him being a full starter and he will add a lot of class in transitions. McT is doing surprisingly well there now but for him to learn from Casemiro over the next years hopefully helps his development

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Thiago spent a season being average before becoming integral to Liverpool
Agree, and sometimes people spout about the pace and intensity being a huge thing. For a defender I think it's less difficult to adapt. Someone like Casemiro 5 champions leagues won't be difficult IMO.

It's more him learning "ETHs style" as that role is pivotal to how teams are broken down, people pass from one channel or one line back to him for it to be forced wide or a line breaking pass to break up the opposition.

I think those are the things that ETH is waiting a little for because he doesn't have a pre season under his belt getting accustomed to that.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He played fine against Leicester, it's purely a fitness issue.

The Arsenal game was particularly quick/fierce also and coming into it clearly Case wasn't up to speed at first.

nau05194

Before the Celtic game one of the BBC Scotland reporters was talking to Guillem Balagué about Real Madrid in a pre match radio interview and he volunteered that Casemiro's performance level and numbers had dropped recently and he considered it a good time for Real Madrid to sell him.

That doesn't mean he won't be successful at Manchester United or that I put a lot of stock in Balague's opinion but I thought it was worth adding it to the information out there. Ultimately as with everything the proof will be in the pudding.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Before the Celtic game one of the BBC Scotland reporters was talking to Guillem Balagué about Real Madrid in a pre match radio interview and he volunteered that Casemiro's performance level and numbers had dropped recently and he considered it a good time for Real Madrid to sell him.

That doesn't mean he won't be successful at Manchester United or that I put a lot of stock in Balague's opinion but I thought it was worth adding it to the information out there. Ultimately as with everything the proof will be in the pudding.
Ballague has been banging that drum for a while. Conveniently ignoring Casemiro’s MOTM performance in the last match he started for Madrid.

nau05194

Ballague has been banging that drum for a while. Conveniently ignoring Casemiro’s MOTM performance in the last match he started for Madrid.
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that - I don't follow his opinions and only came across it because I was listening to the Celtic game last night and it came up during the interview.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m not sure how I feel about the current situation. Yes McTominay is ‘playing well’, but Casemiro is better. Not sure he will want to be back up for too long. It’s already gone on longer than I would have expected. Scott hasn’t let us down, but Casemiro is simply capable of more. He wasn’t pulled off of a beach or anything, he’s trained for weeks both at his former club and this one. Martinez and Antony were introduced immediately without any significant induction period.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I’m not sure how I feel about the current situation. Yes McTominay is ‘playing well’, but Casemiro is better. Not sure he will want to be back up for too long. It’s already gone on longer than I would have expected. Scott hasn’t let us down, but Casemiro is simply capable of more. He wasn’t pulled off of a beach or anything, he’s trained for weeks both at his former club and this one. Martinez and Antony were introduced immediately without any significant induction period.
I think its part of that cultural shift of accountability that ETH is trying to build. Just because you are a big name doesn't mean you can just walk into the starting 11. Benching Macguire, Ronaldo, Shaw etc.

McT is playing well or at least executing ETH's instructions to the levels that he wants. So he is using Casemiro as an example that just because you have won lots of trophies or personal accolades doesn't mean that you can just walk into the team. You need to earn it.

But having said that I think he will start Casemiro and Ronaldo against Sociedad.

The biggest power a manager has is the power of selection. ETH is using that now.

Wezzaldo

Correct.

I really want to ask you and everybody else who quoted and ridiculed my post, to come back here at the end of the season to admit how poor Casemiro has been, but I'm genuinely caught it two minds as I don't want to be here hoping to be proven right as that means he will have been a poor signing. I want him to succeed as a player us. I don't want us carrying another expensive flop in the first team like we have done Maguire purely keeping their places due to what we paid for them.

Anyway, let's hope I'm wrong, but it would be a first.

I'm also confused as to how I'm still stuck on two likes with such high quality posts.
I’m praying you’re actually a parody account. Surely nobody could be this arrogant and delusional? You’re like our own Simon Jordan hahaha

I would chuckle if this got a like at your expense, seeing how it’s not a high quality post like you provide! Haha

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think its part of that cultural shift of accountability that ETH is trying to build. Just because you are a big name doesn't mean you can just walk into the starting 11. Benching Macguire, Ronaldo, Shaw etc.

McT is playing well or at least executing ETH's instructions to the levels that he wants. So he is using Casemiro as an example that just because you have won lots of trophies or personal accolades doesn't mean that you can just walk into the team. You need to earn it.

But having said that I think he will start Casemiro and Ronaldo against Sociedad.

The biggest power a manager has is the power of selection. ETH is using that now.
I think that is likely the case, and I can't complain too much because we are yet to lose. That said, I don't think this 'big name' thing is fair. Casemiro is not a bigger name, he's a better footballer. McTominay is doing well, but there is still clear room for improvement in our midfield. We cede a lot of the ball for example, and we create barely any good chances. From Casemiro's first appearance, the first thing I noticed was him snapping passes in first time to players further forward. Scott is doing well, I will not try and take that away from him, but there is still room for better.

That said, I guess I do see the value from a squad harmony thing of motivating all players to perform, and Scott is playing a lot better than he usually does, and you need everyone to be able to contribute. I'm just curious as to when this ends. I'm not sure Casemiro starting in the EL is much testimony of anything. If he only plays Thursdays, along with other unfancied players, so long as Scott continues to play well, then i still feel we are limiting ourselves to McTominay's best as opposed to Casemiro's best, which has proven itself to be better. The longer this goes on, it becomes even more unfair to 'drop' McTominay. So how does Casemiro earn his place exactly?

It's not about name, it's about quality. Casemiro has been objectively one of the world's very best for a number of years. He should be playing. He shouldn't be amongst those that need to 'earn their place' for me, although like everyone, he should be amongst those what can lose their place if they actually perform terribly. I cannot imagine that if we had managed to sign De Jong last month that Ten Hag would have had him on the bench. I understand Malacia earning a spot from Shaw, but if you sign Casemiro, you play him.

OverratedOpinion

I hate to say it but am I ever wrong about a new signing.
Well if you are making this statement 3 or 4 games after someone has signed then I would imagine you are wrong quite often but just use small snippets to act in a self congratulatory way.

eire-red

Nailed on to start in midfield on Thursday I would imagine, along with Ronaldo and also get some minutes under Antony's belt.

I'm guessing he'll start alongside Fred. Should help that they know each other from the NT.

Replenish

Well if you are making this statement 3 or 4 games after someone has signed then I would imagine you are wrong quite often but just use small snippets to act in a self congratulatory way.
I make a judgement on a player rather quickly yes but seeing them play only a few times is typically all I need. There are so many players I could mention. People used to rave about Dele Alli, I said from day one he's was an awful player and incredibly overrated...where is he now? People were pleased the Schneiderlin signing years back, I said he was a nothing player and would do nothing at our club...where is he now? I said from day one Maguire isn't good enough... I genuinely could go on and on and name every player in our squad and say with complete honesty my assessment of them has been correct after watching them on only a few occasions.

OverratedOpinion

I make a judgement on a player rather quickly yes but seeing them play only a few times is typically all I need. There are so many players I could mention. People used to rave about Dele Alli, I said from day one he's was an awful player and incredibly overrated...where is he now? People were pleased the Schneiderlin signing years back, I said he was a nothing player and would do nothing at our club...where is he now? I said from day one Maguire isn't good enough... I genuinely could go on and on and name every player in our squad and say with complete honesty my assessment of them has been correct after watching them on only a few occasions.
You should be a scout.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Nailed on to start in midfield on Thursday I would imagine, along with Ronaldo and also get some minutes under Antony's belt.

I'm guessing he'll start alongside Fred. Should help that they know each other from the NT.
I’m sure he is. I’d imagine Wan-Bissaka is also nailed on to start that game. He needs to start a league game, not be given a trial like some loanee with no pedigree. None of our other summer signings have been given the same integration.

Real Name

Do you have a proof for all that?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
:lol:

Tony247

You are serious! I thought last posts you were parodying!

TheReligion

Abusive
@TheReligion is saying you said Eriksen would be a poor signing @Replenish. This can't surely be true, can it? He hates to say it but he's never wrong.
The full assessment on Eriksen here;

He has ability to keep hold of the ball and this team has been severely lacking players who can do that for years. So in that sense he's very useful. Other than that though, I don't particularly rate him. He's decent, never poor, never outstanding but he's not a CM or 10 who's going to be first choice in a winning side. He doesn't create masses of chances, he's not great defensively, he's decent in possession but doesn't exactly dictate play. He's no Scholes/Carrack. I don't really see what he does that would see him rated as a top top player, he's just a decent CM/10 who can do a job for say a top half of the table side, but not a title challenging side. He's not at that level.

DonBecks

You said you think Ruben Neves is better than Frenkie De Jong, perhaps might want to take longer making your judgements if that's the shite you're coming up with.

FaceTheMusic

I honestly thought he would be an automatic starter when he signed. Maybe he's unfit or struggling to settle? Fingers crossed he'll start Thursday and shows how good he really is.

SoCross

Casemiro still doesn’t feel like he’s a United player. Hope he starts in the next game, itching to see him boss the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.