g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
 Casemiro image 18

Casemiro Brazil flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OrcaFat

I hate to say it but am I ever wrong about a new signing. This guy is finished, Madrid sold us a dud. No wonder Ten Hag doesn't start him. He doesn't suit the type of football Ten Hag wants to play. He's a destroyer type DM and what we need is a possession based DM like Carrick/Busquets. It's another 60m down the drain and he'll probably just be a last 10 minutes off the bench player which is what he should be at most. Early days I know but I don't think he's going to be a good player for us, he's another player that lacks mobility like Maguire and they struggle in the premier league. Clearly he's not as immobile as Maguire, but he's not the quickest and not the youngest which is going to cause him problems.
Yawn

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I hate to say it but am I ever wrong about a new signing. This guy is finished, Madrid sold us a dud. No wonder Ten Hag doesn't start him. He doesn't suit the type of football Ten Hag wants to play. He's a destroyer type DM and what we need is a possession based DM like Carrick/Busquets. It's another 60m down the drain and he'll probably just be a last 10 minutes off the bench player which is what he should be at most. Early days I know but I don't think he's going to be a good player for us, he's another player that lacks mobility like Maguire and they struggle in the premier league. Clearly he's not as immobile as Maguire, but he's not the quickest and not the youngest which is going to cause him problems.
Enjoy sticking in the newbies, sunshine.

Writing a player off after a few sub appearances is beyond embarrassing.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I reckon we're going to rest ericksen and start him alongside Scott in the next game.

Pronewbie

Peep
Three times in as many games he's made the opponent look worse offensively. It's happening way to often for it to be coincidence. Likewise the careless passing while getting up to speed. Hope he can cut that out when he gets his inevitable start.

OrcaFat

I reckon we're going to rest ericksen and start him alongside Scott in the next game.
I don’t like the look of them two together. Start Case instead of Scott and if we want to rest Eriksen as well then play Fred with him.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
If you think Casemiro is finished is because you thought he was a type of player he never was.

Casemiro will probably end up having a good stint at United but his level will be directly related to how good or bad the performance of the whole team is.

Not being a creative DM archetype he can be a great sidekick in midfield to players like Eriksen, Bruno or Fred. Before that ten Hag will need to manage how to make things work between CB's and midfield, he can put Antony on his first game because he mostly has to stretch the pitch, dribble and track back on defense, things that ten Hag knows he's more than capable to do and knows how to do in his system.

But for Casemiro to start playing at a good level, they have to go over a lot of things at the build and transition parts of the game, he can't just chuck him in and expect a 10/10 performance because he's not that kind of player, once Casemiro knows all the flaws of his teammates, his area of action and all his options when he has the ball he'll be ready to start getting important minutes.

And it's also happening with Ronaldo, who is moving to places of the pitch where he probably isn't supposed to be, at least no other player that has played more minutes than him comes deep into midfield to help the midfielders, because ten Hag wants his midfielders to be able to sort their problems out while the forwards stretch the pitch giving players like Bruno or Eriksen space to control the ball and threat backlines.

Some players find it easier to naturally assimilate the concepts of the current coach, in Casemiro's situation he has to see the big picture of how he wants/needs to play before a coach puts him in the field to be thrown at the wolves.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
He'll be fine. Thought he was very good vs Leicester, but today was a poor cameo indeed.

Can see why he's not a starter yet. Still coming up to speed with the demands of the Premier League and perhaps Ten Hag is right in saying he's not fit enough yet, along with Ronaldo. Of course McTominay's recent form contributes as well.

Let's not forget Klopp kept Fabinho on the bench for about 40 days after they signed him.

flameinthesun

He needs a full europa game to get his fitness up. Either way he has a battle to get into that midfielddd

Godfather

He grew into the game well I thought. Clumsy moment but apart from that decent enough. He'll be fine.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
A lesson on the pace of the Premier League for our Case today.

More hard work needed.
Casemiro played against the very best PL teams every year in the CL, I don't think he needs any kind of lessons.

He needs to adjust to his new teamates and to the system though. Also, it's not unusual for him to start a season looking off for several games, it happened last year with Real Madrid.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don’t like the look of them two together. Start Case instead of Scott and if we want to rest Eriksen as well then play Fred with him.
True, but Scott has been pretty great recently and I think ten hag is going to try to reward his performances by playing him.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
ETH is doing the right thing and bringing him into the team slowly. It’s a new league and new manager for him, and when McT is playing well there’s no need to rush him in.
This. There is no urgent need to change anything right now and there will be enough games for him to start when EtH thinks it is the right time

BorisManUtd

Not a great cameo and that poor pass could have resulted into big chance for Arsenal. Hopefully he's ready soon to be starting games for us.

dal

Hell come good but I’ve said it time and again, in a team like this Mctominay is worth his weight I’m gold as a squad and first team player hes young and will improve also.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He took one loose touch, defensively he was good. He dropped deep to help defense and also won the ball 5 times just by tackling and interceptions, there will be few more with loose balls recovered.

All that in 10 mins, he will be a defensive rock to build the team on.

SirAF

Ageist
:lol:

I hate to say it but am I ever wrong about a new signing.
You’ve just arrived, how the feck should we know Nostradamus?

What we do know is that you’ve made some fecking whoppers already, like this fecking sorry excuse for a insight on Rashford just a few weeks back:

He's a nothing player. Can't finish, can't cross, can't even dribble anymore. He should be nowhere near this team.

and you called Eriksen “average at best”, so as for a being a good judge, I’d say you’re shite, and likely get most things wrong, you probably put your shoes on the wrong feet most mornings.

Last edited:
How can't he be match fit? He was match fit for Madrid?
Aside from the obvious difference in league, system, and dominance of Madrid, well, he wasn’t actually playing for Madrid so he hasn’t had tonnes of minutes under his belt has he? He has one la liga sub appearance.
So he’s clearly not 100% match fit.

Bwuk

He'll start midweek and start becoming a starter from there.

We’ve won 4 on the bounce and haven’t conceded many, there’s not been a need to get him in. McTominay has been superb.

Red-17

I think every reaction is based on one poor giveaway, but he was still quite good defensively. Not really worried about him, subbing into a high intensity game as a defensive midfielder is not any easy spot to play when you are already defending a lead.

crossy1686

career ending
:lol: This is the biggest load of bollocks you’ll read here all week

Lyng

CDM is one of the most difficult positions in football. He needs to get used to our team and the Premier League. He will come good. Silly to write him off already.

BarryWinks

I hate this place sometimes.

And I'm saying that as someone who's browsed the caf everyday for the last 14 years.

TheReligion

Abusive
@Replenish ‘Mr I’m never wrong about a signing’

I’ll leave your thoughts on Eriksen here shall I?

He has ability to keep hold of the ball and this team has been severely lacking players who can do that for years. So in that sense he's very useful. Other than that though, I don't particularly rate him. He's decent, never poor, never outstanding but he's not a CM or 10 who's going to be first choice in a winning side. He doesn't create masses of chances, he's not great defensively, he's decent in possession but doesn't exactly dictate play. He's no Scholes/Carrack. I don't really see what he does that would see him rated as a top top player, he's just a decent CM/10 who can do a job for say a top half of the table side, but not a title challenging side. He's not at that level.

Jacob

It is clear why EtH is not starting him. I must admit I've felt he's done wrong as a manager but in hindsight I think it's been the right decision.

He can get a full run out against Sociedad.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
You’ve just arrived, how the feck should we know Nostradamus?

What we do know is that you’ve made some fecking whoppers already, like this fecking sorry excuse for a insight on Rashford just a few weeks back:

and you called Eriksen “average at best”, so as for a being a good judge, I’d say you’re shite, and likely get most things wrong, you probably put your shoes on the wrong feet most mornings.
Love it :lol:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He ends up being one of our best players this season - coming on in games in his role really Isn’t easy

GMoore23

He's far from finished. Played 48 times for Madrid last season so still an integral part of there team. Ancelotti didn't want to sell him.

Was also man of the match in the Uefa Super Cup a few days before signing for us.

He's only 30 and will be a world class player for us the next 2/3 seasons at a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.