Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Rash

I thought he was good. Probably a 7/10 performance.

Obviously was a bit slow in reacting for the goal, misplaced some passes and should have scored the header but otherwise controlled the midfield well with Eriksen.

The tackle and pass for the Ronaldo goal was also very satisfying to watch

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I'm happy with him, sloppy at times but can only get better i think.

Will be an important player for us this season.

acnumber9

Jekyl and Hyde a little. Clearly needs to play to get used to the league. He’s brilliant.

Adamsk7

His passing is still a bit erratic but everything else was top notch today and he’s starting to find his feet. There were a few times today when he swept up in positions our other midfielders wouldn’t have even been in.

BorisManUtd

Some great stuff but also some misplaced passes in dangerous areas. Hopefully he'll improve more.

mu4c_20le

Some pretty good passing. Feels like he's shocked he has to work for his money here. But if he gets it going then im sure hes going to be class

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Played really well today despite a few sloppy passes, but I’m sure with a run of games he’ll cut them out. I like how he just wins the ball and then transitions quickly. Top player… gonna be massive for us this season.

Bobski

Good game with a few notably poor moments but his influence was high, good positioning, some really good passing, which makes it odd when he turns into Club foot Case for 7 or 8 passes a game.

Chief123

I thought he was fantastic. Most of his best work you had to notice his positioning where he put out the fires before they started. His passing with right and left foot is good in tight situations.

He did look rusty at times but you can tell he’s going to be a brilliant player for us.

RuudtheRed

Am I the only one who thought he was decent today, even without the assist? Much prefer him as the DM over Fred, McTominay or Matic, whom I felt always dwelled on the ball too much and had no legs to cover anything. With Casemiro at least he can thread the majority of his passes forward and adds some steel in the midfield.

lostcauz

I know it’s mad to say after he got a assist but it looks like he’s never passed a ball before at times, just looks very awkward. Still finding his feet but Bruno or Erik will need to stick close to him.

ShinjiNinja26

A few misplaced passes and got caught on the ball for their goal but was good overall, slowly getting up to speed and that tackle then pass for Ronaldo’s goal was beautiful.

Zen86

Still getting used to the pace of the league I think. He can look so composed and commanding one minute, then drop a bit of a howler the next.

Betson

Would not have given him man of the match , looks rusty giving away the ball a few times but also showed that if/when he sharpens up he could become a very important player for us.

We need to keep playing him now , he needs the games.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Anyway he's nailed on to start the next game with mctom getting suspended so I'm looking up to him improving even further.

Last edited:

DarkXaero

Very good tonight despite the mistake for their goal, which should have been a foul in the first place. He did have some sloppy passes, but he did a lot more good tonight than bad.

edgecutter

Passing was poor, but he got about, made interceptions and added an assist for the goal. A good performance and it's always good to see a midfielder that wants the ball.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I know it’s mad to say after he got a assist but it looks like he’s never passed a ball before at times, just looks very awkward. Still finding his feet but Bruno or Erik will need to stick close to him.
His passing is much better than Brunos

Kopral Jono

Masterful after Everton's goal up until half-time. A bit sloppy in the second half.

MDFC Manager

I thought he was fantastic. Most of his best work you had to notice his positioning where he put out the fires before they started. His passing with right and left foot is good in tight situations.

He did look rusty at times but you can tell he’s going to be a brilliant player for us.
Good summary

El Jefe

Feck the haters, I think he's brilliant.

You can take a glass half empty approach to his performances and magnify the sloppy moments but I prefer to look at what he actually brings to the team.

He passes between the lines and is the only one making progressive passes from midfield. This speeds up our play and opens up the game for us so much. He does a far better job of this than Eriksen who is no dictator at all in midfield, I'd argue Casemiro is probably better at that than he is.

His defensive game is also improving as he was getting dribbled fairly often in his previous performances but seemed to win the ball a lot more often today.

I really believe the more he plays, the better he'll get and those wrinkles in his game will reduce a fair bit. Happy McT is out so he gets another start to really cement his place in the side.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
MOTM apparently. He had his moments but was sloppy too. I do think the whole 'getting used to the league' is slightly overblown. BBC mentioned it earlier after he lost the ball to Onana..Onana who is also new to the league.

Ibi Dreams

Weird performance overall, but if this is just him getting going you can see how valuable he could be to us going forward. At times he was a proper baller

The United

I think he is trying to adjust the speed of the league. I like how he fouled a lot and got away with them. Tommy is really bad at that.

Real Name

Bad start with a mistake before their goal but after an assist for Ronaldo totally got in the groove and showed what's he's capable of.

Luka Mora

He's clearly still getting up to pace with the premiership but he showed his class today, shielded the defence, broke up play in the middle of the pitch, threw his weight around and made a great assist after making a mistake.

OmarUnited4ever

Was decent, great assist for the 2nd goal, however he had some sloppy moments, I expect a lot more from him in the next games.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Mixed bag from him. Some of his passing was so off (so was Eriksen’s too). But you can see that he’s quality deep down. Hoping he kicks on.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He played well considering match sharpness will be a issue with him. That first half was the most dominant performance I've seen from the team away from home against a decent outfit since LVG imo. And Casemiro definitely contributed in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.