g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
 Casemiro image 18

Casemiro Brazil flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

HookedOnAPhelan

Made a few mistakes, but played well overall I thought. Iron out some of those mistakes and he'll be great for us.

kundalini

Super pass to Ronaldo for our 2nd goal after winning possession. Wasted big chance with his header wide from Rashford's cross, though deserves credit for making the run. Lost possession for their goal. Some of his first time passes were absolutely terrible. Very slow getting back when we had lost possession one time in the first half. Shot from distance well wide after a short corner.

Not sure what to make of that overall.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
That was a shit performance with a couple of nice moments.
I saw it as the opposite.

Guy only had 82 mins of football before today, playing in a new team, in a new league.

A bit of rustiness is fine.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Rusty moments aside, was very good. The mistakes I think are easily excusable due to rustiness.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
He's not comfortable with his back to play. Similar to Fred.

We'll need another midfielder with him, who can take the first pass from the CBs on the turn. Modric did that for Madrid, Thiago does it for Liverpool and Bernardo does it for city. Just a difficult skillset to find though
Are you suggesting we are signing FDJ in January? :drool:

Glorio

A bit inconsistent - some brilliant bits and some real poor bits.

There's an aspect of his game I have to note as I really like it! Every interception he makes seems to be in itself a forward pass. I wonder how he does that so effectively, it's almost as though before he makes a tackle, he knows where his teammates are, so the tackle itself is a pass that creates space while transforming defence to attack in one move. I saw it enough times today to conclude they weren't flukes.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Cannot be 'rusty', has played plenty of minutes for Brazil recently so that is most definitely not an excuse.

Just looks like he is slightly behind the pace of the premiership to me.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
A lot of the good stuff he did was his positioning, cutting out angles for Everton's build up play. He's tactically excellent but he was very erratic with the ball. He'll get better with gametime though.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Super pass to Ronaldo for our 2nd goal after winning possession. Wasted big chance with his header wide from Rashford's cross, though deserves credit for making the run. Lost possession for their goal. Some of his first time passes were absolutely terrible. Very slow getting back when we had lost possession one time in the first half. Shot from distance well wide after a short corner.

Not sure what to make of that overall.
Fair assesement. Think he just need to play more games to get the rustiness out of him. Seems a step slower for the league but I think he will get up to speed. Otherwise he looks class player. He's not a playmaker but plays with his head up and can hit good passes from time to time which is a bonus to his excellent reading of the game, superb tackling and overall strong presence in that midfield.

Would help to have someone more proactive than Eriksen next to him. Yet to see Casemiro-Fred combo. Think despite Dane's passing ability Fred covers way more ground and would make us way more solid there but ETH doesn't seem to rate him. At least McTominay is back to bench now and Casemiro is getting the most obvious run of games.

Telsim

Error that led to goal, then a brilliant assist, so it evens out. But then there were more errors and then more good moments. Mixed bag if I ever saw one. And definitely not MotM. Not exactly the security and stability he was supposed to bring, though. He should get a run of games, first against Omonia and then against Newcastle. Maybe that will help.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Fair assesement. Think he just need to play more games to get the rustiness out of him. Seems a step slower for the league but I think he will get up to speed. Otherwise he looks class player. He's not a playmaker but plays with his head up and can hit good passes from time to time which is a bonus to his excellent reading of the game, superb tackling and overall strong presence in that midfield.

Would help to have someone more proactive than Eriksen next to him. Yet to see Casemiro-Fred combo. Think despite Dane's passing ability Fred covers way more ground and would make us way more solid there but ETH doesn't seem to rate him. At least McTominay is back to bench now and Casemiro is getting the most obvious run of games.
Honestly I think Bruno is the issue. But because we don’t have a proper no 9 ETH uses him for his movement.
Eriksen
Casemiro Fred/McT
Is the best selection in my opinion and Eriksen can focus on finding space and playing killer passes/being a goal threat

Dominos

Swedish tv did a montage of all the good parts of his game today, was impressive, they were certain he was motm.
I think that's part of the problem the whole team are having.

There's just too many instances of poor play to detract from the good work we do. There's too many woeful passes, too many woeful touches, too many woeful losses of possession mixed in with the good stuff.

If you only include the best bits of everyone's game then even players who have had a shocker can look like they had a great match.

I'm not that worried because it's his first league start and he should improve, there were some good signs tonight. However there's been too much sloppiness in nearly all his appearances so far. I hope he hits top form soon.

Irwin99

Well that was a weird display but the positive aspects were really good.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Honestly I think Bruno is the issue. But because we don’t have a proper no 9 ETH uses him for his movement.
Eriksen
Casemiro Fred/McT
Is the best selection in my opinion and Eriksen can focus on finding space and playing killer passes/being a goal threat
Casemiro-Fred-Erisken would give us the most control but the captain shall play.

CM

I thought he was good. A couple of dodgy moments on the ball but the way he broke up play more than made up for that. We don't have another midfielder at the club who can do what Casemiro can do.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's improving, with some very good moments. At least he's up to the "hustle and bustle" of PL.

AndyMUFC

Hopefully cuts out the sloppiness on the ball with a few more games but he shielded the defence well and great assist for Ronaldo.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thought he started off slowly but really grew into it.

marktan

He is a very good player and one that I rate quite a lot. A bit expensive and getting older but should get more and more minutes, Casemiro on song would be huge for us.

He’s saying that midfield should be the three but it won’t be because Bruno always plays.
He’s saying the captain must also play, which isn’t true.
Bruno will play though, because ETH is clearly a big fan.

Personally I think we’ll look blunt with Fred, Casemiro & Eriksen. We’d be too easy to defend against. I’d expect a tonne of draws.

tomaldinho1

Personally I think we’ll look blunt with Fred, Casemiro & Eriksen. We’d be too easy to defend against. I’d expect a tonne of draws.
‘Captain will always play’ became a sarcastic/negative saying on here when Maguire never got dropped by Ole from memory and so I assume that poster is using it in that context. I guess we won’t know if they clarify!

I think that three would be better against better teams but Bruno just needs to keep with his gradual improvement under ETH on the ball. He’s still wasteful but he seems to have toned it down. Cant see him being dropped right now.

HookedOnAPhelan

‘Captain will always play’ became a sarcastic/negative saying on here when Maguire never got dropped by Ole from memory and so I assume that poster is using it in that context. I guess we won’t know if they clarify!

I think that three would be better against better teams but Bruno just needs to keep with his gradual improvement under ETH on the ball. He’s still wasteful but he seems to have toned it down. Cant see him being dropped right now.
Actually it's from the LvG era, and he was talking about Rooney.

Nope. It came from LVG with Rooney.

People used it again for Maguire with Ole.

It makes sense when talking about the captain, zero sense when talking about his stand in.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

We would have alot more control in games and keep the ball better. That would allow Antony and Sancho to do their thing.

The poster was clearly talking about Bruno

troylocker

Such a weird performance again. A constant mix of the most simple mistakes and greatness.

Status
Not open for further replies.