6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
We would have alot more control in games and keep the ball better. That would allow Antony and Sancho to do their thing.
Sancho, even playing with a number 10, chooses to pass backward 9 times out of 10, without a 10 he’d be even worse. We’d be blunt as feck.

If we played them three we’d be better off getting Eriksen releasing Rashford on the counter.

Abraxas

It's probably his best performance. Which says a lot for his other cameos because he made more basic errors than you'd expect for a player of his pedigree. Signs he may be slowly adjusting. Let's hope

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Don’t really think Sancho is a starter anymore for now.
Yes because he isn’t really great on the transition and chasing back. But link up play for a team controlling a game, thats where he excels

A-man

My man of the match. Still loses possession too often but apart from that he was great.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Quite obviously but hes pobably the best player to play next to him in my opinion.
I agree with you, but if it's not a possibility then I hope we move on to alternate targets. And those alternate targets might be players who are slightly under the radar.

Eddy_JukeZ

Good performance. Some of his passes were infuriating, but he did break the press a few times too.

I still don't think he should be the deepest midfielder in build-up phases. Hopefully next summer, we sign someone to fill that gap.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Hard to rate his performance as he showed how we benefit with a competent DM in breaking up play, winning possession, and some lovely passing (was on a plate for Bruno had Ronnie left it) but he also lost the ball a number of times in very risky areas, not just for the goal. Still seems quite sloppy. Hopefully he just needs a run of games to iron out the flaws.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Caught out early on but he really picked it up after that. Some really good passes.

TheReligion

Abusive
It’s always hard to judge a DM but I think he played well tonight and showed his professionalism and character.

He’s clearly needing time to adapt to the pace of the league and the style of play under Ten Hag but showed tonight his tenacity, strength and ball winning ability.

Think he’ll grow and grow after that.

Schnappo

A bit sloppy at times in possession and I'm sure that's down to a lack of sharpness but his defensive work is excellent. Looking forward to seeing him once he's had a few full PL games in his legs.

Red00012

MOTD had a stat that he was 1st for most successful passes in the final 3rd (64%)

criticalanalysis

He tries to play in a higher tempo than he himself can maintain at the moment. But there are some promising signs, let's just sort out the brainfarts and we're golden.
I think it's out of necessity as much as anything else. He's the centre backs' and full backs' first option pass. If he doesn't play first time passes or increase the tempo, it's going back to the defenders and/or keeper, which means we can't get out our half or are ceding possession/territory very easily.

As shown today, he can do it but at the same time, it's a very fine line because he doesn't have the skillset to take a tight touch and spin on the ball to open the pitch so he's got to lay off passes first time with a midfielder breathing down his neck.

The issue is as much down to the Eriksen/Bruno, who are fine receiving it to feet but are quite poor dropping deep and/or giving that option for the 'safe' and progressive pass. Eriksen is better in this regard but I think he was quite poor in the first 30 mins; I think he found it a bit strange Casemiro was taking his usual spaces. Also it seems like he needs a rest.

Not he, but we (the team) need a Modric. It's about the total composition of the team.
This basically. I think a bit of tactics can change this in the short term i.e ETH telling Eriksen to stay closer to Casemiro but yeah ultimately there needs to be a long term solution.

Lyng

Had some sloppy passes but overall was very good and a big reason for us dominating the midfield today. He made the Everton midfield look shite by reading their plays and getting in the way. On top of that he made himself available all the time and topped it of with an assist. Him and Eriksen are going to be vital for our success.

Redderp

That was a really promising game. He finally showed that fighter spirit and his defensive abilities. One thing that worried me in his few appearances before today was that he looked really meek. Like the game just passed him by and he didn’t seem to put in the effort. I watched him for real and he was just a real fighter, so i was surprised that he looked so “shy” for us.

But he looked like the player he was for Real against Everton and he will be great for us if he continues to play like this.

I think the misplaced passes and getting dispossesed is just the usual we see from players when they come frem another league. Players don’t have the same time on the ball in the Premier League. Casemiro just needs to get used to the higher tempo.

LDUred

He was clearly fouled in the build up to Iwobi's goal imo.

Onana got the ball but before that his left leg had nudged into Casemiro's right thigh.

Let's face it, due to the quality of the goal and it being Everton at home against us there was no way on earth that was getting ruled out.

Last edited:

croadyman

Had shaky start with their goal,however definitely picked up after that.Hopefully can keep improving with some big league games coming up.

Maybe he will be a bit of a slow burner in this league like we saw from the scousers with Fabinho & Thiago.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Doubled the amount of passes of Mctom and gave us a lot more composure and control in midfield. Should have had a goal to go along with his assist.

bringbackbebe

Had shaky start with their goal,however definitely picked up after that.Hopefully can keep improving with some big league games coming up.

Maybe he will be a bit of a slow burner in this league like we saw from the scousers with Fabinho & Thiago.
He'll need to get used to the physicality of the premier league. He probably thought his turnover for their first goal was a foul on him & in the La Liga, it would have most likely been one.

Red_Aaron

You don't have the career he's had consistently misplacing passes like that so there's no doubt from me it's just a bit of ring rust and will pass

What he did well he did very well and I'm excited for the Eriksen - Casemiro pairing to really grab hold of our play. They're both exceptional players

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Definitely an improvement on our overall midfield play to control the game.

Roane

Problem for him is who he has with him. I felt he was quite isolated a lot of the time yesterday. Had to cover more ground and no easy passes for him. Erikson was the problem. He was too far from him and not helping him out.

He needs a better calibre of player. That pass to Ronaldo is what he is about. But he needs that movement and similar quick thinking around him

Lyng

Problem for him is who he has with him. I felt he was quite isolated a lot of the time yesterday. Had to cover more ground and no easy passes for him. Erikson was the problem. He was too far from him and not helping him out.

He needs a better calibre of player. That pass to Ronaldo is what he is about. But he needs that movement and similar quick thinking around him
Hard disagree. Eriksen was constantly helping out back there. The big issue is Bruno. As soon as we get the ball he runs forward and is on line with Ronaldo and the other forwards, creating a massive gap which the opposition occupy right away. It is what destroyed us against City.
Bruno is playing like a second striker instead of a attacking midfielder and that creates issues for our other midfielders.

Brophs

The One and Only
Needs to stop taking so much time on the ball but other than that, promising. That run where he ghosted into the gap between the centre halves (or was it the centre half and full back) was great. Didn’t know he had that in his game. You could see he’d spotted the gap but timed it perfectly.

Raw

Heard from Madrid fans that he usually needs time to get in the swing of things, and that the consistency issues should iron themselves out. Keep starting him and he'll absolutely shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.