Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

Not surprising Madrid won all those CLs. Imagine having guys like Casemiro, Modric, Varane at their peak.
Plus Marcelo, Pepe, Ramos, Kroos, Bale and Benzema

They had one of the most stacked teams of all time, all in their prime at the same time, Ronnie fan boys might try and pretend otherwise but they should be shunned.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I didn't think he was so disciplined. You can tell he sticks to his job very well at all cost, which is what we need. A huge improvement to our midfield. World class midfielder.

Bobski

I didn't think he was so disciplined. You can tell he sticks to his job very well at all cost, which is what we need. A huge improvement to our midfield. World class midfielder.
This is a good point, he is hungry for work as well, stats for tackling, interceptions, clearances are always high.

Have to admit to thinking this would be another big name taking a last pay day but he has killed it so far, driving the standard up.

Pearl.Jam

Best player at the club, his reading of the game is other level shit and his passing is something I’d never noticed about him before, staggered that Madrid let him go but fvck me I’m glad they did..

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
It’s funny how good he is. On the ball, off the ball, the energy levels. World class top to bottom.

Rolaholic

Plus Marcelo, Pepe, Ramos, Kroos, Bale and Benzema

They had one of the most stacked teams of all time, all in their prime at the same time, Ronnie fan boys might try and pretend otherwise but they should be shunned.
Those Zidane led CL 3peat sides genuinely have a shout as some of the greatest squads of the modern era along with peak Pep Barca.

It becomes more and more apparent as time goes on, 3 Ballon D'Or winners in the XI with legends everywhere else on the pitch is ridiculous.

mu4c_20le

The praise is all deserved but at the end of the day it's Casemiro vs Nottingham Forest :lol:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I've probably said it before, but what a phenomenal attitude he has. Like many, I had a slight niggling doubt that he was coming here for a nice big last contract.

Yet here is is, in late December, playing against no marks in the pissing rain, coming off a World Cup he'll be gutted with... and he's just bulldozing around bossing the game like the lovechild of Roy Keane and The Rock. He's here to fecking win things.

Abraxas

Perfect demonstration of that defensive midfield position. Responsible, positional, great distribution. Couldn't have done it much better tonight.

El Zoido

He’s absolutely incredible. Tremendous player, feel privileged to watch him.

OmarUnited4ever

Great game today though it was Forrest, however he still played as a top class pro that he is, when I watch our games, he is the only one I don't worry about at all as I know he will do his usual 8/10 or 9/10 performances.

the_cliff

Great game today though it was Forrest, however he still played as a top class pro that he is, when I watch our games, he is the only one I don't worry about at all as I know he will do his usual 8/10 or 9/10 performances.
Agreed.

Hasn't had a bad performance so far since he's become a regular.

Gordon S

One of the thoughts i had in my head was about that poster that was absolutely certain Casemiro was such a massive waste of money. 100% a flop.
Great meme material!

Bobski

Those Zidane led CL 3peat sides genuinely have a shout as some of the greatest squads of the modern era along with peak Pep Barca.

It becomes more and more apparent as time goes on, 3 Ballon D'Or winners in the XI with legends everywhere else on the pitch is ridiculous.
Yes, which in some ways makes their CL run a fair bit less impressive for me, had by far the most talented squad in the game.

Pepe and Ramos is one of the best CB partnerships ever then they have to suffer through a downgrade to peak Varane/Ramos.

Marcelo is in the discussion for best LB ever, while Carvahal may be the least heralded player but excellent at his peak.

Cas/Modric and Kroos is one of the best midfields ever, while they had prime beast Ronaldo with Karim Benzema and fecking Bale as a front 3. Joke of a team.

Baxter

For a laugh the Telegraph released their list of the top 30 players in Britain and he didn’t make it. I don’t think there is a better midfielder in Europe.

fezzerUTD

Yep, probably better than prime Carrick, but it is more of a realization of effectively a 10 year period without a true stabilizing presence in the middle. Matic had a few months in his first season before his legs were going, Pogba was always too erratic.
Guys won 5 champions leagues and you‘re contemplating if he‘s better than Carrick :lol:.

the_cliff

Casemiro may just go on to be one of the most important signings we've made post Fergie.

The gap between our existing number 6s and Casemiro is immense. We went from a below average midfielder to one of the best DMs in the world.

AneRu

He is a warrior, the sequence for his assist ended with him blocking a cross in our own box just few minutes later.

MiracleInMadrid

Has said it before and will say it again.

Between him and De Jong he was always gonna be the more transformative player.

Has fixed a huge issue in our team. Both in terms of his ability but also because of his character.

De Jong may be more youtube-friendly, but I bet he would prove ineffective in our team if we wouldn’t also have brought in someone like Casemiro.

That said, I still think we need someone like De Jong to bring our midfield to the next level.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Casemiro may just go on to be one of the most important signings we've made post Fergie.

The gap between our existing number 6s and Casemiro is immense. We went from a below average midfielder to one of the best DMs in the world.
The best*

And has been for years. Genuinely only two midfielders in our club history can really match him

supermao

It's been a very very long time since we had anyone close to this ability in our midfield, or team for that matter. Absolute world class.

Status
Not open for further replies.