Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
We need to seriously start questioning people who were so quick to write him off when he first joined. Like why? What’s your motivation for doing that? Why do you need to be first to say someone’s shit when they’ve barely played? Is it an attention thing?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Should probably be rested against Palace as a booking there would put him out of the Arsenal game.

TheReligion

Abusive
Big decision for EtH on Wednesday in terms of this man.

If he plays v Palace and picks up a booking then he’ll miss the Arsenal game through suspension (this applies for Fred too actually).

The issue we have here is Casemiro is the only player we have in the squad who can do the role Ten Hag demands of him. Not only that but he is absolutely vital to how we execute our style of play.

So do you play him v Palace and simply go strongest XI to get the three points or do you take him out to the bench and see how it pans out?

The card situation resets after the Palace game.

Sneaky PL shoehorning this in!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

If he plays v Palace and picks up a booking then he’ll miss the Arsenal game through suspension (this applies for Fred too actually).

The issue we have here is Casemiro is the only player we have in the squad who can do the role Ten Hag demands of him. Not only that but he is absolutely vital to how we execute our style of play.

So do you play him v Palace and simply go strongest XI to get the three points or do you take him out to the bench and see how it pans out?

I think if we're being ambitious and actually looking to put ourselves in a title race, the priority has to be beating Arsenal to close that gap. So I'd take the risk of resting him against Palace.

If all we really care about is top four then it's less of an issue. Three points against Palace would count for as much as three points against Arsenal.

Real Name

Cards reset after playing half the games?

TheReligion

Abusive
I think if we're being ambitious and actually looking to put ourselves in a title race, the priority has to be beating Arsenal to close that gap. So I'd take the risk of resting him against Palace.

If all we really care about is top four then it's less of an issue. Three points against Palace would count for as much as three points against Arsenal.
Yeah agree.

Its just Case is so important to us and in my opinion irreplaceable in Ten Hags system.

This is an area we definitely need to look at in the summer. A young CM with the same qualities to deal with this situation.

Tenacity, reading of the game and the ability to quickly pass the ball forward accurately.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

It is a big decision but I don't see any benefit on risking Casemiro missing the Arsenal match, that is now an even bigger game than it was already because we've got a whiff of a potential title chase. Yeah he'll leave a big hole but I'd rather face Palace without him than Arsenal. Tricky one though, both Palace and Arsenal are now very important games. What a great feeling though dude, each game feeling so important (for the right reasons) again, been a long time since that was the case.

I usually hate putting players out of position but with Shaw covering LCB so well and Malacia filling in for Shaw so well, maybe Martinez could deputise for Casemiro this one match to make sure we still have some bite while retaining our ability to turn play around quickly. He's played that position for ETH before I believe. Otherwise it's back to McT and Fred and McT didn't look sharp / good enough when he came on last time.

Definitely need some backup for his position, he's quickly become indispensable and the drop off in quality without him doesn't fill me with Joy, I've quickly got used to his quality.

December_16

I would leave Casemiro at home for the Palace game. Games will come thick and fast in the next few weeks, might as well give him a bit of a rest.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I would leave Casemiro at home for the Palace game. Games will come thick and fast in the next few weeks, might as well give him a bit of a rest.
I'd put him on the bench for Palace, only being him on if need be. Play against Arsenal and then rest him v Reading next week Saturday.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If you’re Ten Hag, the next game is always the most important. Weakening yourself against Palace just to play Arsenal seems foolish to me.
We are underdogs against Arsenal no matter who we field. I am pretty confident Casemiro will start against Palace.
Ten Hag was right about it being the fans dreaming of the title. As for as I am concerned, Palace is the more important game simply because it is the more winnable.

ForeverRed1

Also on a yellow card so a yellow card away from being out for arsenal game. Not worth the risk and keeps other players in the squad match fit and ready if needed.

ForeverRed1

If you’re Ten Hag, the next game is always the most important. Weakening yourself against Palace just to play Arsenal seems foolish to me.
We are underdogs against Arsenal no matter who we field. I am pretty confident Casemiro will start against Palace.
Ten Hag was right about it being the fans dreaming of the title. As for as I am concerned, Palace is the more important game simply because it is the more winnable.
We need him for arsenal. We need to win at arsenal if we’re going to push.

croadyman

I'd put him on the bench for Palace, only being him on if need be. Play against Arsenal and then rest him v Reading next week Saturday.
Yeah that's what I would do as well,we automatically hand the initiative to Arsenal if they can call on Partey but we can't with Casa

stoinz

I would rest him for Palace game. We shouldn't make the mistake like when Ole ran our players to the ground. I'm have absolute faith that ETH can get a tune out of our second strings for games like this. Be prepared for a MCT masterclass.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Exactly. People keep missing the point that next game is more important than the one that's coming after that. No point in losing against Palace and winning against Arsenal. If the focus is to keep the momentum, start your best team unless there are injury concerns.

croadyman

People seem a bit split about whether or not he should be risked against Palace

FriedClams

I think he has to play. I imagine Palace knew they were unlikely to get points v both us and chelsea, so would probably have settled for 2/6 but now they pretty much have to beat us. Theyll be well up for it and offer way more at their own ground.

croadyman

I think he has to play. I imagine Palace knew they were unlikely to get points v both us and chelsea, so would probably have settled for 2/6 but now they pretty much have to beat us. Theyll be well up for it and offer way more at their own ground.
He only needs a mistimed tackle though and just cannot afford to miss him at Emirates

Status
Not open for further replies.