Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

Plus I think we will see the real Fred playing along side Casemiro
I think that is the hope with both of McFred. Putting Casemeiro in there, if either are playing they wont be the pivot, both are atrocious defensively. Although I think both have attributes, both are defeniately not defensive midfielders....but to be honest I have totally lost belief in either of them to be viable starters for us if we wish to be a winning side again

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Was not my point. The point was more if you watched enough of Madrid you would see he is very good on the ball
He is not very good, he's no Fabinhos, Busquets or Rodri, but he is better than what a lot of people think as he is not only a destroyer. He will have moments when he can't seem to control the ball properly though, it always happened at one point with Real Madrid.

He also has the ability to score goals and end up occasionnally in the box.

avgp_1

Slotted in sitting in front of the defence and was quick to release the ball as usual. Will give good base to move forward but we didnt have enough passers of the ball once Eriksen tired

mav_9me

He is not very good, he's no Fabinhos, Busquets or Rodri, but he is better than what a lot of people think as he is not only a destroyer. He will have moments when he can't seem to control the ball properly though, it always happened at one point with Real Madrid.

I think he is better than what people think. Maybe not better than Busquets or Rhodri but definitely more than good enough passing for a DM. For ex better than Makelele or previous Kante (who has improved a lot under Tuchel, maybe equal now)

Watch this for an example.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Busquets is exceptional no one saying he is that good

Pronewbie

Peep

I agree. He’s not an Ajax-type 6 but we’ve been needing that defensive steel especially during transitions. He’s also at least on-par with McFred on the ball and frees up his midfield partners to play in their more natural roles. IMO he’s a better fit than De Jong for our current squad. It’ll take another 1 - 2 years for us to start playing Ten Hag ball.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Busquets is exceptional no one saying he is that good
Nice dodge. My point was that he's not "very good", I could also talk about players like Brozovic, Kimmich etc. that are all better than Casemiro on the ball. That's not a problem though since he brings a LOT to the table from a defensive standpoint but overrating him to argue with people that are underrating some of his abilities isn't the way to go.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Nice dodge. My point was that he's not "very good", I could also talk about players like Brozovic, Kimmich etc. that are all better than Casemiro on the ball. That's not a problem though since he brings a LOT to the table from a defensive standpoint but overrating him to argue with people that are underrating some of his abilities isn't the way to go.
Its not a dodge we just don’t agree or someone is being somewhat pedantic and I also don’t think he is as good as Kimmich on the ball either

Renegade

I agree. He’s not an Ajax-type 6 but we’ve been needing that defensive steel especially during transitions. He’s also at least on-par with McFred on the ball and frees up his midfield partners to play in their more natural roles. IMO he’s a better fit than De Jong for our current squad. It’ll take another 1 - 2 years for us to start playing Ten Hag ball.
Ajax number 6? Isn’t Alvarez the same profile as Casemiro?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Yeah last season CL showed he is far better than two tbh.
Fabinho, Rodri and Casemiro play every week for years now, "last season CL" isn't a good metric, we're not discovering these player. No one can seriously claim than Casemiro is better than Rodri on the ball. There's no debate that he is far, far better defensively though.

Red-17

Fabinho, Rodri and Casemiro play every week for years now, "last season CL" isn't a good metric, we're not discovering these player. No one can seriously claim than Casemiro is better than Rodri on the ball. There's no debate that he is far, far better defensively though.
Don't think Fabinho belongs in anywhere near Busquets and Rodri in terms of quality on the ball which is why your original post is debatable.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I wouldn't say Fabinho is anything better than Casemiro on the ball. He's not like rodri or Busquets at all where nobody can argue in casemiro favors. But he's very decent with it, he's tidy, he doesn't lose it often, and he's got a great shot on him.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Don't think Fabinho belongs in anywhere near Busquets and Rodri in terms of quality on the ball which is why your original post is debatable.
I've never said they belonged in the same category, I just said that they were better than Casemiro and that he can't be "very good" on the ball if most 6 in top clubs are better than him. Doesn't mean Casemiro isn't a top player.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Looked solid. I do not know what he was doing on the bench to begin with.
ETH probably wanted to reward the players that beat Liverpool, it's pretty certain Casemiro won't leave the starting 11 from now on.

Red-17

I've never said they belonged in the same category, I just said that they were better than Casemiro and that he can't be "very good" on the ball if most 6 in top clubs are better than him. Doesn't mean Casemiro isn't a top player.
You listed all three of them as the relevant examples implying as much. Fabinho is nothing special on the ball and in the exact category as Casemiro - a midfielder primarily there for their defensive capabilities while also being tidy but unspectacular on the ball. Rodri and Busquets are primarily there for their on the ball ability, and it is the fact that they can defend as well that sets them apart from other midfielders that are good on the ball.

johanovic

Casemiro has been the DM for Real and won 5 Campions League titles and 3 La Liga titles...plus various cup competions. He's done that playing with mostly Kroos and Modric and being the linchpin of that midfield. But still some seem to think that they know better than both Ancelotti and Zidane for example. How many CL titles have Fabinho and Rodri won for example..Casemiro is a leader and knows his role as few others do.​

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
You listed all three of them as the relevant examples implying as much. Fabinho is nothing special on the ball and in the exact category as Casemiro - a midfielder primarily there for their defensive capabilities while also being tidy but unspectacular on the ball. Rodri and Busquets are primarily there for their on the ball ability, and it is the fact that they can defend as well that sets them apart from other midfielders that are good on the ball.
How often do you watch Real Madrid in La Liga? And if you do, what's your analysis of Casemiro's perfomance on the ball at the end of Zindane's tenure/a good part of Carlo's 1st season when he came back?

Casemiro has been the DM for Real and won 5 Campions League titles and 3 La Liga titles...plus various cup competions. He's done that playing with mostly Kroos and Modric and being the linchpin of that midfield. But still some seem to think that they know better than both Ancelotti and Zidane for example. How many CL titles have Fabinho and Rodri won for example..Casemiro is a leader and knows his role as few others do.​
Nobody ever claimed that Casemiro isn't a top player or that he didn't belong in this Real team, he obviously did, why the need for trivializing arguments?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think we'll sign a creative midfielder to play next to Casemiro at some point. And that midfielder will then provide the creative spark as the #6 in the build up phase and as the #8 whilst progressing the play in advanced areas of the pitch. We don't have that player currently and I believe that player along with a right sided attacker would balance the team out.

Bayern without Kimmich and Gravenberch would be limited on the ball. Goretzka is a very good player but without a Kimmich or Thiago next to him, the midfield would be limited on the ball. So it's about having a balance which allows you to control the game with and without the ball.

Olecurls99

All 4 are there primarily for their defensive ability

Trex

Some people talking about Casemiro on the ball like he is Mcsause.
He wouldn't hide in possession, he'll drop deep forming a back three or position himself just ahead of the center back, he has good ability to switch play, his short passing is tidy, he is no Busquets but we wouldn't have the problem of giving away the ball in dangerous areas or a player hiding/ needing multiple touches to control, he be stable and keep it moving.
Basically he's solid.

Raven

I think he is better than what people think. Maybe not better than Busquets or Rhodri but definitely more than good enough passing for a DM. For ex better than Makelele or previous Kante (who has improved a lot under Tuchel, maybe equal now)

Watch this for an example.

Wow, that's some performance.

edcunited1878

He'll still need time to adjust not only to the league, but his team. If he's playing as part of two central midfielders, similar to Brazil and not at Real, then he might be a little more exposed and needs to adapt a little bit.

Very glad he is here, but he still needs to find his footing. The sooner the better obviously, but however he does it for now as long as it helps the team get results, fine.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He'll still need time to adjust not only to the league, but his team. If he's playing as part of two central midfielders, similar to Brazil and not at Real, then he might be a little more exposed and needs to adapt a little bit.

Very glad he is here, but he still needs to find his footing. The sooner the better obviously, but however he does it for now as long as it helps the team get results, fine.
I have no doubt he'll adjust to the league very quickly. To the team, it might be more complicated.

arnie_ni

He played 1 class ball through the lines to someone today, reminded me of Keane. Fizzed it on through right to the strikers feet.

MUnchies

For years and he has won more than them being a starter and important player, forget even about last seasons CL. What are you on about? He is probably on par with Rodri on the ball and definitely better than Fabinho on the ball, you must be joking.

macheda14

For years and he has won more than them being a starter and important player, forget even about last seasons CL. What are you on about? He is probably on par with Rodri on the ball and definitely better than Fabinho on the ball, you must be joking.
hmmm I mean they have shown to be better progressive passers of the ball. Casemiro breaks up play and passes it on to the creators. He may well be better than he has shown because he never needed to show it, but on balance Rodri is definitely better and Fabinho is arguably so

Swedish_Plumber

He played 1 class ball through the lines to someone today, reminded me of Keane. Fizzed it on through right to the strikers feet.
Came on to say the same. A really good punchy pass. Crazy how just one of those from deep has us excited. We really have been starved.

Status
Not open for further replies.