Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I'd love to know how many posts he has in the Casemiro thread in the newbs. I feel we are missing some truly insightful posts in there.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I'm not sure that is what Casemiro not starting has been about. Could be about that. But could just as easily be the combination of him needing to learn all the nuance of EtH's system and McTominay playing well.

There seems to be a lot of fear by some that McTominay might eclipse Casemiro or usurp his spot. But he's playing with nothing to lose since he saw the writing on the wall with Casemiro's addition and it has suited him. The guy is like a giant pinball pinging around in there making plays, it's just unlikely he'll keep it up. So what's a smart manager to do? Play him and ride that shit.

Casemiro looks pretty close to starting now. He gave a ball up early when he came in but settled down. Looks quick. If he doesn't start in this next game it will be because he doesn't quite have the decision making down that EtH wants.
Agree. I think he needs to get used to the pace of the game too.

Replenish

You'll all claim he was one of our better players....He's finished at this level and we'll see more results like that if he starts for us. My predictions are never wrong unfortunately.

Holters

Did ok today. Was he better than McTominay has been lately? Not really...

avgp_1

That was a very weak performance. Only Fred and Ronaldo were worse

BigDycheEnergy

This just proves that even the best can get rusty without game time. Poor performance, but I have no doubt that he will improve quickly.

Bobski

Slightly concerned after tonight, looked very slow and laboured. A few nice passes, a few really bad ones, some nice positioning at times, walked by with ease on a few too many occasions. Can't imagine he was too motivated for an Autumn europa league game after years of success in the CL but he will need to pick it up when he is in the league team.

PoTMS

Brazil are fecked if our midfield two are in their starting XI.

Telsim

God the amount of shit some people gave on mentioning his age before the transfer
Right? As I said, there was a reason Real Madrid let him go, despite all the mental gymnastics and stories some people choose to spin in their heads.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Early days and clearly not fully fit, but doesn't seem the type of midfielder you'd want deepest if you have aspirations of controlling possession. Hopefully it's rust.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Rusty, not ready to play serious minutes in the league. He's quality on the ball but made a few bad decisions today and some passes were easily intercepted.
He has good awareness but not quite there physically.

AdNani

Yeah he's not fit, mixture of quality and mistakes. more minutes and it'll just be quality.

wr8_utd

:'(
Casemiro was fairly average for Madrid last season but phenomenal in the final and then the Super Cup this year. He's still going to be more than good enough for United once he gets some time but there's a reason Madrid let him go.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Try and pass to your teammate challenge [impossible]

Jev

Some of his passing so far, in all of his games, has been diabolical. I worry that Souness had a point when he said he wouldn't make us better with the ball. Did we need a destroyer or a passer in midfield?

Kramer

You'll all claim he was one of our better players....He's finished at this level and we'll see more results like that if he starts for us. My predictions are never wrong unfortunately.
Really? You must be a billionaire then?

Performance was not great but he is class. Will come good. Playing next to Fred does him no favours either.

avgp_1

Needs players in around him to pass to. That's what he did best for Real, win the ball and recycle possesion with quick touches round the corner. Him in that lone #6 is asking too much

Status
Not open for further replies.