View full 2023-24 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Malkovich

I don't know why he feels and plays like a player from the 90s. Anyone agree?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s definitely a throw back. You could imagine him being a huge player back then against the likes of Keane, Viera, Davids etc.

He’s a player that fits in that category.

Marwood

Yeah I think that's spot on.

Bit like Bruno he sometimes forces the game forwards when it doesn't look on. Which feels out of place when the football world now is sideways and backwards heavy.

Then you remember that's how football was at its most entertaining.

Highfather_24

People were calling him finished 10 days back. I think someone here said this and its spot on, but anytime a player over 30 has a bad game or two, we think he's finished physically.

lex talionis

People were calling him finished 10 days back. I think someone here said this and its spot on, but anytime a player over 30 has a bad game or two, we think he's finished physically.
I was just about to say the same thing, but you beat me to the punch. The reality is that most footballers go through ups and downs in form. There will be a day when Casemiro is finished as a footballer but his day of reckoning is far from here. It's harmless to claim Casemiro is finished but those who made this claim over the last month would be well advised to remember that is not that old in the career of a footballer, especially one who would walk into almost any side on the planet, club or country.

FerociousCorgis

nah i still think physically he looks finished. We put a team that will bust their ass around him and perhaps he can hold on a bit longer. Funny thing is most of his positive contributions have been going forward and getting goals in, and not as a DM for us per se. Id like to see us managing his games a bit better. Hopefully by end of season we are seeing a lot more of mainoo and even players like gore.

Borninthe80ts

Yeah I think that's spot on.

Bit like Bruno he sometimes forces the game forwards when it doesn't look on. Which feels out of place when the football world now is sideways and backwards heavy.

Then you remember that's how football was at its most entertaining.
Accurate on both counts. Both play passes at times that have you scratching your head but when they get it right it can be brilliant. Especially their first time balls over the top.

The point about players taking risks is interesting too. When risks are taken and they don’t pay of it can sour perceptions of a performance rather than show the true influence of a player. Both players in this case are subject to this too.

When their good their great, when bad their really bad. Or this is how it’s presented at times for me.

Gaidal

So what is it now, 1 good game since the Carabao cup final?

To slow to help the defense, to poor on the ball so he cant be the deepest midfielder in possession. All he does is score on some set pieces, and that is not enough.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It's not a matter of thinking he's finished for me. It's that I just don't rate him. Too sloppy the ball.

The only way his sloppiness isn't an issue is if you have press resistant players surrounding him. We don't.

FerociousCorgis

Honestly very lucky to not get sent off. Announcers were calling for it way too much but that last challenge of his could've easily seen him off

SlothIsLove

Too slow on the ball, not only messed up many of our attacks, but also lost the ball that led to their goal. And why the feck was he allowed to constantly move to the no 10 position?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Looked good midweek when put under zero pressure from a team that pretty clearly barely tried. Back to looking finished today.

GMoore23

Play a near 32yr old 3 times in a week and this is what you get.

ten Hag ran him into the ground last season and is about to do the same again.

CloneMC16

Should have been sent off. He's had one good game this season. Every other has been awful. Not good.

Dannn411

I would shop him to Saudi in January. Awful on the ball, far too rash and indsiciplined off it. Never stays in position. Scores the occasional goal but it simply does not make up when he does not do his primary job properly.

lex talionis

Was a bit ragged today. At his age he should be playing once a week, or at least coming off after 60 minutes.

Highfather_24

It's not a matter of thinking he's finished for me. It's that I just don't rate him. Too sloppy the ball.

The only way his sloppiness isn't an issue is if you have press resistant players surrounding him. We don't.
I consider Amrabat to be fairly press resistant. But yes, Casemiro had a mare today. I understand where you're coming from regarding his on the ball deficiencies, but.I feel more often than not he makes it up with his other attributes. He's a match winner on his day.

Valencia Shin Crosses

The biggest issue in our team honestly is Casemiro losing all of the duels that he one just a season ago. When you have an aggressive ball winner of a DM that’s not winning the ball, the entire team will look far worse.

It’s the same reason we looked so much better when he’d play last season, just in reverse now.

TsuWave

Was bad today. There was a passage of play he gave the ball away to Palace like two or 3 times on our half of the pitch

edit - found a video:

he also does that thing when he gets the ball and thinks he has an extra 2-3 seconds, but he doesn't and the opposition player nearly always robs him off the ball or forces errors from him

mu4c_20le

A signing that doesn't make any sense whatsoever for a team in the rebuilding phase.

Roboc7

Legs have gone, he’s a liability in so many aspects now. Was a sign that club were still incompetent even they committed so much money on someone at this stage of his career.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I have no idea what to do with him really. On one hand, he is still good when he can just jog around and use his positioning and body to win the ball back, plus has an eye for a pass.
The problem is he's very very slow and bad under pressure.
On the other hand, he seems to somehow find himself in goal scoring situations and can pass in final third.

What a pickle.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Was bad today. There was a passage of play he gave the ball away to Palace like two or 3 times on our half of the pitch

edit - found a video:

he also does that thing when he gets the ball and thinks he has an extra 2-3 seconds, but he doesn't and the opposition player nearly always robs him off the ball or forces errors from him
Awful

Eddy_JukeZ

He is finished. One good game mid-week doesn't change anything.

He is one of the biggest problems in the team. He gives the ball away more than Bruno does(in a deeper area too) with far less chance creation.

Yagami

Good post resistant

edit - found a video:

He was doing this in his first season. I don't know why people are only highlighting this now.

His literal first touch of the ball in a United shirt was cheaply giving away the ball as soon as he came on, putting us under unwarranted pressure.

I consider Amrabat to be fairly press resistant. But yes, Casemiro had a mare today. I understand where you're coming from regarding his on the ball deficiencies, but.I feel more often than not he makes it up with his other attributes. He's a match winner on his day.
Amrabat is press resistant at his best. I've said that for years, but it remains to be seen if he can get back to his Verona level. One player won't compensate for how loose he is, though. Especially when we've got Bruno, too.

To each their own in regards to his other attributes making up for his deficiencies. I won't say you're wrong because it is subjective. I just disagree because, for me, I want our midfielders to be good in possession first and foremost. Achieve that and it will naturally improve our general play giving everyone in the team the platform to be a match winner.

hobbers

Need him to get another straight red so we can get some respite from how useless he is.

KD6-3.7

It's weird how Casemiro feels like our biggest goal threat but also simultaneously being a bit of a liability. Although I do believe Ten Hag does him no favours when he constantly leaves him isolated because he thinks its a good idea to have Mount and Bruno as two No.8's.

But also the ref's consistently give him yellows for fouls which is just a warning for the opposition which is annoying. But he also still lunges into challenges despite the yellow where I'm surprised he survived the whole match.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

edit - found a video:

See when he lost the ball due to his bad touch, his initial reflex is always to lunge. That's not a smart way to defend