View full 2023-24 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Blood Mage

We have to stop with these short term signings, the guy is clearly finished. From now on a policy of not signing players over the age of 28 should be introduced.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
The lack of rotation last season is coming back to bite us in the ass this season. No way these guys should have played that many games in a mid-season World cup season.

Roboc7

It’s not much of a loss the way he has been playing this season, will have to be offloaded in the summer.

Son

Casemiro is still a quality player as we saw against Bayern earlier this season. The problem is I don’t think he wants to be at the club anymore.

Same with Varane. I don’t like us buying footballers off Madrid when they’ve given it all for another club. Same when Madrid bought Beckham. He was alright but nothing special for them as he’d already won everything with us.

always_hoping

Erik ten Hag in the latest press conference "Casemiro and Martinez are really strong injuries, I don't expect them back before Christmas"

10 matches to play between now and Christmas that both will miss.

Marwood

The lack of rotation last season is coming back to bite us in the ass this season. No way these guys should have played that many games in a mid-season World cup season.
Didn't he miss abouut 6 games through suspension? How many more should he have missed through rotation?

Edit: 7 games

DanClancy

What injury has he got thats keeping him out for 2 months?

Needs to be moved on this summer, hopefully the Saudi's will oblige.

Mackerdaymia

Injured until the new year. Take the money from Saudi and run I say. Was elite, now just elite in an old man's body.

Teja

Totally fine with it. Lets us get a proper DM and not Amrabat on loan.

The only thing that nags me is if he'd be a good center back or if we could invent a role for him that doesn't involve a lot of sprinting. He isn't a good fit for the #6 role as it's currently defined in the Ten Hag system. Nor is he a good fit for the Mount / Eriksen role

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Doesn't feel long since he seemed like he was having a great time? Weird, if true.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Amazing how fickle fans are isn't it.
He's gone from such a critical player, that many would give him being out as the reason we'd lose, to now needing a "proper" midfielder.
Can't make it up

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

If Saudi give us most of our money back for him in the summer then I'd take it. I don't see the point in taking any less than 50m for him (considering Fabinho went for 40m) unless he becomes a huge problem in the second half of the season.

El Zoido

Doesn't feel long since he seemed like he was having a great time? Weird, if true.
Can’t be many of them enjoying this season, it’s been a disaster. Whether that’s enough to make him want to leave is anyone’s guess. Could be that he feels like he can’t cope with the demands physically anymore, he’s got nothing left to prove in the game.

Butty19

Wouldn’t surprise me if there’s been a disagreement with the manager. Always seems to just do what he wants on the pitch with at times, total disregard for his actual role as a DM.

atkar83

He won everything a player could win with Madrid, at this point he probably knows his legs have a couple more years left in them, may as well make as much money as he can. Probably doesn't get up on winning just a League Cup when hes won the Champions League multiple times

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’d say us getting embarrassed in the CL, Varane also wanting to leave plus the realisation that the PL is physically taxing and lastly that we aren’t winning anything anytime soon. You need to be in your prime to play aggressively enough to make a real difference over multiple seasons here. He’s been our best midfielder by a mile for years but he’s on the way down and his wages could fund at least 2 players on the way up. Sell in the summer not now unless he’s being problematic behind the scenes. I’d be prepared to write this season off and use Mainoo and Hannibal more and then go shopping for young replacements for Casemiro and Varane in the summer.

No punts like Pellistri for the first team for a year or two. Rasmus level talents around the same age ready to play. Onana looks interesting if he’s of the right personality. No slackers like Sancho or people with really messy private lives if at all possible. Maximum effort as a bare minimum. We will be in much better shape long term.

The United

I would not be surprised if he decided to leave. I mean, at this stage of his career (and the likes of Varane, Ronaldo), playing at United in PL is just too exhausting and humiliating in our current situation (which has been about 10 years). It is something they would not want to put that in their playing history. It is better playing in SA, hiding from bad headlines mostly. These guys and others like him should wise up and stop coming here, really. It would help both them and us.

Not that he has been great for us overall anyway.

Last edited:

Mylock

Casamiro is a world class player that was left isolated on the pitch. He really missed Shaw and Martinez just like the rest of the team.
He'll be back as good as ever, but I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to take the Saudi money and leave, he has nothing to prove.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Amazing how fickle fans are isn't it.
He's gone from such a critical player, that many would give him being out as the reason we'd lose, to now needing a "proper" midfielder.
Can't make it up
It's not about being fickle. A critcal player can still be projected to be replaced

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
A lot can change very quickly. It’s probably toxic in the dressing room. Somethings not right. Varane apparently wants to leave now Casemiro… and they was the 2 players saying they loved it here.

crossy1686

career ending
Age isn't the main issue at all. We also have bought many young and expensive players with very little to no success
Not for a complete team it isn't but for a team that needs improvements across the whole team, buying players in that age bracket mean you have to replace them in a couple of seasons.

When we bought RVP he was the final piece, signing Kane last summer would not have been the same situation and we'd only have to sign his (younger) replacement next summer anyway, but that probably wouldn't have happened because Ten Hag will want a RB for £50m instead most likely. Then we're stuck with ageing players who we can't rest because the drop off between them and the reserves is just too big.

Casemiro is the same situation, we got a good 12 months out of him, ran him into the ground, he also can't be arsed because he's too old for this shit. For the time being, until we're in a place where we're challenging for honours and have great young players across the team, signing older players doesn't help us one bit with squad building.

sugar_kane

A lot can change very quickly. It’s probably toxic in the dressing room. Somethings not right. Varane apparently wants to leave now Casemiro… and they was the 2 players saying they loved it here.
Two players with a lot in common though… wouldn’t be arsed if we sold both of them.

Wouldn’t surprise me if there’s been a disagreement with the manager. Always seems to just do what he wants on the pitch with at times, total disregard for his actual role as a DM.
He’s been like this since he joined, some great games but too often plays like he’s in a testimonial.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Not for a complete team it isn't but for a team that needs improvements across the whole team, buying players in that age bracket mean you have to replace them in a couple of seasons.

When we bought RVP he was the final piece, signing Kane last summer would not have been the same situation and we'd only have to sign his (younger) replacement next summer anyway, but that probably wouldn't have happened because Ten Hag will want a RB for £50m instead most likely. Then we're stuck with ageing players who we can't rest because the drop off between them and the reserves is just too big.

Casemiro is the same situation, we got a good 12 months out of him, ran him into the ground, he also can't be arsed because he's too old for this shit. For the time being, until we're in a place where we're challenging for honours and have great young players across the team, signing older players doesn't help us one bit with squad building.
I'd say it's the same principle with the likes of Antony and Sancho for different reasons. The only upside is that their age could be help fetch some money for them otherwise the general principle still applies. We have always loved our age fixation on the caf

foolsgold

He won everything a player could win with Madrid, at this point he probably knows his legs have a couple more years left in them, may as well make as much money as he can. Probably doesn't get up on winning just a League Cup when hes won the Champions League multiple times
Personally I thought he looked absolutely delighted at Wembley when we won the league cup.

Having said that, if we can recoup the bulk of what we spend on him in the summer then we should.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I’d say us getting embarrassed in the CL, Varane also wanting to leave plus the realisation that the PL is physically taxing and lastly that we aren’t winning anything anytime soon. You need to be in your prime to play aggressively enough to make a real difference over multiple seasons here. He’s been our best midfielder by a mile for years but he’s on the way down and his wages could fund at least 2 players on the way up. Sell in the summer not now unless he’s being problematic behind the scenes. I’d be prepared to write this season off and use Mainoo and Hannibal more and then go shopping for young replacements for Casemiro and Varane in the summer.

No punts like Pellistri for the first team for a year or two. Rasmus level talents around the same age ready to play. Onana looks interesting if he’s of the right personality. No slackers like Sancho or people with really messy private lives if at all possible. Maximum effort as a bare minimum. We will be in much better shape long term.
I think this is a good point and very valid. I know he said he came here for the challenge but I dont think he quite expected it to be this bad :lol:

MegadrivePerson

If he really wants to go to Saudi Arabia then lets try and get as much as possible for him in January.

As soon as players decide they want to go and play in a retirement league it's a sign that they are mentally giving up on playing at the highest level.

He has been poor since coming back after the world cup anyway, it's lucky really that he's a big enough name that he will hopefully be able to get a decent offer from Saudi Arabia.

crossy1686

career ending
I'd say it's the same principle with the likes of Antony and Sancho for different reasons. The only upside is that their age could be help fetch some money for them otherwise the general principle still applies. We have always loved our age fixation on the caf
It's not if you get the recruitment right though. Our issue is that we trust the manager too much to sign any players they want to sign without knowing if they have what it takes to play for United, that's not age related. The reality is age is definitely on their side and they could have been United regulars for 8 years or more if they were up to it, which massively eases the burden on the squad building and recruitment team.

Some of the issues we currently face is that we have to replace shite players and players who's legs have gone all at the same time. We should just be focusing on changing the players that are shite.

crossy1686

career ending
Certainly hope this isn’t true. We don’t have the season we had last year without him, as this season is proving!
We should get rid while he still has some value. There's no point in keeping him for the sake of it when he's clearly not got the legs to play this much in the PL.

Brophs

The One and Only
It’s possible to think that he was very good for us at times last season and might be very good again but if someone is offering us something close to our money back on a 32 year old whose physical powers appear to be waning then we should at least consider it.