Champions League Round of 16 (13th Feb - 14th Mar)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Would love to see

City Vs Bayern
Liverpool Vs Madrid
Barca vs Roma
Juventus vs Sevilla

Donut

Think the referee deserves a lot of praise, I thought he did great and got majority of the decisions right which was a tough task considering how much diving there was.

Treble

Think Bayern would be less convenient for City than Madrid and Barca. Madrid have serious defensive issues and are bound to concede at least 4 goals over 2 legs. The question then is whether they could outscore City. Barca looked a bit tired vs Chelsea and were lucky (sort of compensation for 2012). They are not fast enough to counter attack City and will be dominated in both games in terms of possession and goal attempts. That is, they will need luck again. Bayern are quite good at counter attacking without having Madrid's defensive issues (to the same extent). Liverpool will need a lot of luck to get past the quarters. Their midfield is bad compared to the other top teams: offers neither suffciient creativity nor sufficient protection. Wonders happen sometimes but not so soon after 2005.

mehdimike

Supports
Real Madrid-Roma
juventus would be my favourite draw. juve is a great traditional team to play against, but I like our chances to advance.

If I could pick

juve - bayern
sevilla - roma
real - city
barca - liverpool
Why Real vs City?
Don't you want to take revenge against Pep? ;)

mehdimike

Supports
Real Madrid-Roma
I want to see new matches like Juve Vs City or Juve Vs liverpool or Bayern Vs liverpool.
Please no more Real-Bayern!!

LFCKop

Supports
Liverpool
Who would you support if Liverpool and City reaches final?:D
M sure it will be a nightmare scenario for United fans similar to year 2013/14 league race.

enigmista

Supports
Juventus
Best to worst draw: Sevilla, Liverpool, Roma, City, Bayern, Barca, Real.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Best to worst draw: Sevilla, Liverpool, Roma, City, Bayern, Barca, Real.
Yeah I really don't want to face you guys. I think, for us, it's:

Sevilla, Roma, City, Bayern, Barca, Juventus, Real. Basically around 25% to have an excellent chance to reach the semis.

Peanut Butter

M sure it will be a nightmare scenario for United fans similar to year 2013/14 league race.
Man City every time, couldn't give two craps what them oil bought plastics do.

Liverpool are a proper club in my opinion.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Given that Chelsea hit 4 woodworks, defending must not have been that good either.

Barcelona didn't impress. Maybe they will find another gear vs the favourites though.
Yeah, play in this way against City or Real and you are out.

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
I honestly think this is the best season of any for an English club to win the CL. All the elite clubs left in the competition are definitely a level below their best this season. I honestly don't think the coming seasons will be better for PL clubs as Barcelona and Real Madrid will most likely get stronger with links to both clubs of Griezmann, Courtois, Lewandowski, Kane, Hazard, and more. Bayern will most likely get stronger too.

Semiarty

Supports
FC Barcelona
I hope we get juve, we don't shine shoes no more, if you still think we're an easy touch your in for one hell of a shock kid.
First post as a Man City fan and addresses other people with "kid". I think you are the one in for a ride.

Lyricist

I honestly think this is the best season of any for an English club to win the CL. All the elite clubs left in the competition are definitely a level below their best this season. I honestly don't think the coming seasons will be better for PL clubs as Barcelona and Real Madrid will most likely get stronger with links to both clubs of Griezmann, Courtois, Lewandowski, Kane, Hazard, and more. Bayern will most likely get stronger too.
Not that they were properly tested in the meantime, but since Heynckes came back, October 1st 2017, there've only been 2 games (out of 27) in all competitions that Bayern didn't win. One where they tied Hertha 0-0, and the other where they lost to Gladbach, both in Bundesliga. Heynckes is currently averaging 2.81 pts per game with Bayern. Not saying they're looking better than ever, just purely stating statistics. It definitely seems their desire is there atm.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Like your confidence, hope ronaldo scores a hattrick!
Yeah, I just like when we beat Manchester City. Previous occasions everyone thinks we will struggle and after beating them everyone is telling City were a bad team all the time (although it happens with every team Real Madrid beats) and while there would be easier fixtures I would only be concerned about Liverpool as that team is nuts, just like Klopp, and is hard to predict what you're getting with them.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Heynckes is currently averaging 2.81 pts per game with Bayern. Not saying they're looking better than ever, just purely stating statistics. It definitely seems their desire is there atm.
We're looking better than last season, that much we can say. Still, Barca and Real are the teams to beat in my opinion.
I could see us knocking out one of them, if we catch a good day, but I don't fancy our chances of eliminating both.
Therefore, I'm really hoping for a nice QF Clasico:D
For us I hope we can avoid City, Roma, and Sevilla.
City, because they are looking great, and nobody knows our players better than Pep.
Roma & Sevilla because I don't like playing underdogs, it'd be a nothing to win but all to lose situation.
So, my picks would be either Juve or Liverpool.
Juve, because we're a bit of a Nemesis for them, and Pool, because Jupp had Klopps number in the last few games against him.
We are perfectly able to sit back and pull a Utd against them, with more tools in our locker than Utd has.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
We're looking better than last season, that much we can say. Still, Barca and Real are the teams to beat in my opinion.
I could see us knocking out one of them, if we catch a good day, but I don't fancy our chances of eliminating both.
Therefore, I'm really hoping for a nice QF Clasico:D
For us I hope we can avoid City, Roma, and Sevilla.
City, because they are looking great, and nobody knows our players better than Pep.
Roma & Sevilla because I don't like playing underdogs, it'd be a nothing to win but all to lose situation.
So, my picks would be either Juve or Liverpool.
Juve, because we're a bit of a Nemesis for them, and Pool, because Jupp had Klopps number in the last few games against him.
We are perfectly able to sit back and pull a Utd against them, with more tools in our locker than Utd has.
Yes , agreed with that. I think Juve and bayern are very well equipped to deal with liverpool. The only problem i see is the goalkeeper, where united have a better one. You have pacey fullback, Good defenders, Better midfielders and probably the deadliest forward on the planet. Liverpool will always give you chances and Lewa will score.
I fancy Pool beating city/ barca rather than bayern/juve. I would find it lovely if both Pool and city go out in this round.

ti vu

Yes , agreed with that. I think Juve and bayern are very well equipped to deal with liverpool. The only problem i see is the goalkeeper, where united have a better one. You have pacey fullback, Good defenders, Better midfielders and probably the deadliest forward on the planet. Liverpool will always give you chances and Lewa will score.
I fancy Pool beating city/ barca rather than bayern/juve. I would find it lovely if both Pool and city go out in this round.
Nah. Not agree with the conclusion. I meant I do want both got knocked out eventually, but just City this round while let L'pool stay busy and prolong the inevitable outcome for just another round. That way they more likely end up with slipping in the league out of top 4. I love the tales of moral victories being the second best team in England, going the furthest in CL, but wouldn't make CL the following year.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Nah. Not agree with the conclusion. I meant I do want both got knocked out eventually, but just City this round while let L'pool stay busy and prolong the inevitable outcome for just another round. That way they more likely end up with slipping in the league out of top 4. I love the tales of moral victories being the second best team in England, going the furthest in CL, but wouldn't make CL the following year.
That can happen still, they are 4 points ahead of chelsea who they play away. I do agree though, it would be very very sweet.

Rojofiam

Prediction

Juventus - Sevilla
Barcelona - Real Madrid
Bayern Munich - Manchester City
Liverpool - Roma

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Say what???
I think a game between us and Bayern is pretty much a coin toss.

Anyway, on the draw, I want Barca. Not because I think we're better but because feck it, its Barca and would tell if we are the real deal or not.
Team I'd least like to draw is Liverpool strangely.

I think we'd overcome Sevilla and Roma, any other game is a coin flip though I'd fancy us to take Juve if they play as they did v Spurs in the 2nd leg (but they probably won't and play 180 minutes like the first 45 of the first leg.) I'd also fancy Barca to beat us because well Messi.
A few have been saying that but personally I'd welcome it.
With everything on the line I fancy Liverpool to underperform like they so often do in the crunch matches.
Pep will have figured out a way to stop them at their place and I'd be confident to advance if we drew them.
Roma and Sevilla would be better still but I don't fear Liverpool in a 2 legged tie especially as we can focus on the CL with our fate in the other competitions already decided.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Many would say City but secretly support you.
1 more CL win for you is neither here nor there but City breaking their duck will hurt.

Josh 76

Went to the bookies yesterday and got 9-1 for Liverpool to win it. £200.
Have to cover all angles here. It's the first time I don't want to win a bet. Just have this horrible feeling they will get Seville then Roma in the semi. Hope I'm wrong and Bayen smash them!

breakout67

Supports
Man City
City already have shown they can beat Liverpool over two legs. City are far superior at holding a lead, and capitalizing on a lead with more goals.

Liverpool's defence means they almost capitulated a 4 goal lead in 15 minutes, City have it in them to get away goals against Liverpool

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Went to the bookies yesterday and got 9-1 for Liverpool to win it. £200.
Have to cover all angles here. It's the first time I don't want to win a bet. Just have this horrible feeling they will get Seville then Roma in the semi. Hope I'm wrong and Bayen smash them!
Hopefully the other way around. Sevilla scare me more than Roma.