Champions League Round of 16 (13th Feb - 14th Mar)

Deleted member 101472

Those bayern players know pep inside out. They're easily talented enough to knock city out.
It doesn’t matter that they know pep inside out. They don’t have any clue how to play against man city at their best.

I think pep learned a lot about going up against old teams when he tried to outsmart Barcelona and play 3 at the back against messi Suarez Neymar. He was convinced that Bayern would dominate the midfield that way and cut off the service to the front 3, and Barcelona just simply played the ball down the channels. Now, instead of preparing his city players based on what he knows about the Bayern players and their habits/tendencies/tactics etc, he’ll send city out confident their own game will be enough to win.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I think Bayern will be in for a bit of a shock against city and I really don’t think those centre halves can cope. Kimmich is an excellent player but if sane is at the races, it’s a mismatch. Bayern are kinda in a similar boat to PSG, they’ve not really Been tested that much. I think city overwhelm them and get an early goal and then Bayern forced to chase the tie and then city to pick them off similar to the way Real Madrid did 3 years ago (maybe 4?). I don’t necessarily think the gap between the teams is 5 goals over 2 legs, it’s jusy the way i envision it playing out over two legs. If they meet in the final, different story.

You say Bayern have not really been tested and it will be a mismatch yet the only proper attacking team that City have been tested against this season is Liverpool. Liverpool put 4 past them. Bayern have been tested just as much as City this season.

Do you think Stones, Laporte, Delph, Walker are really that good to able to neutralize Lewandowski, Robben, Ribery. Bayern are much better than Liverpool and like I said, they put 4 past City.

Deleted member 101472

You say Bayern have not really been tested and it will be a mismatch yet the only proper attacking team that City have been tested against this season is Liverpool. Liverpool put 4 past them. Bayern have been tested just as much as City this season.

Do you think Stones, Laporte, Delph, Walker are really that good to able to neutralize Lewandowski, Robben, Ribery. Bayern are much better than Liverpool and like I said, they put 4 past City.
It’s just the way I would see it going. I hope whoever gets city absolutely hammer them.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
It’s just the way I would see it going. I hope whoever gets city absolutely hammer them.
Bayern are no pushovers, they would be comfortably 2nd in the PL this season. Any other season apart from this freak league campaign by City and Bayern would be top of the PL.

Player for player Bayern have the better team than City. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bayern beat City if they play each other.

Deleted member 101472

Bayern are no pushovers, they would be comfortably 2nd in the PL this season. Any other season apart from this freak league campaign by City and Bayern would be top of the PL.

Player for player Bayern have the better team than City. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bayern beat City if they play each other.
Would be a cracking match. If city are at home first, it’ll be all guns blazing and an early goal will force Bayern to come at them and city might just pick them off.

livs

Supports
Liverpool
If City won no one would really be stunned and if Bayern won no one would really be stunned. As it goes though especially in the latter stages it's experience what often makes the difference, this gives Bayern an advantage. It's a close one to call though.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Would be a cracking match. If city are at home first, it’ll be all guns blazing and an early goal will force Bayern to come at them and city might just pick them off.
It will be a great match. But saying that Bayern coming at City and City picking them off is ignorant (no offence) and questionable over whether you even watch Bayern very often? They are not tactically inept and they don’t lack discipline. Just because Bayern attack doesn’t leave them vulnerable at the back. They are a very good, drilled team and whilst they are strong going forward they are not weak at the back. They are not Liverpool who leak goals.

Deleted member 101472

It will be a great match. But saying that Bayern coming at City and City picking them off is ignorant (no offence) and questionable over whether you even watch Bayern very often? They are not tactically inept and they don’t lack discipline. Just because Bayern attack doesn’t leave them vulnerable at the back. They are a very good, drilled team and whilst they are strong going forward they are not weak at the back. They are not Liverpool who leak goals.
I watch them fairly often (get good coverage here) and it’s more a sense of a n early goal changing the dynamics of a tie completely,and me seeing city getting it first.

Having said this, if Thiago turns up in these games, he’s probably one of the best midfielders possible for having the touch and technique to deal with a lot of quick pressing. I’d put Coman up against walker too, and fully expect walker to look like the average defender he is.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
If that’s the best defense, I’d hate to see the worst one. If we were more clinical we could have had 3 or 4 against them.

But you weren't, and Barca have been fairly good defensively all season. Chelsea were sloppy and had no business advancing, very poor in the final third where Barca were completely clinical and very sound defensively. Ter Stegen wasn't even tested all

padr81

Supports
Man City

Napoli twice? Liverpool earlier in the season? Talk about cherry picking one game.

Also, there is no way Stones starts against any team in the CL unless we have an injury crisis (and he was a big part of that Liverpool game). He's 4th choice since he got injured. More than likely be Otamendi (who's probably been the leagues best CB this season or at least has an argument for it.) and Laporte.

Who have Bayern been tested by on a level of Chelsea, Liverpool, Napoli, United, Spurs? Even Shaktar are a stronger side then most Bayern have faced.

In reality they faced PSG and they got hammered in one of those games. Dortmund, for example, didn't win a game in Spurs group. It's absolutely ridiculous to say Bayern have been tested as much as City. City could well line up with a back 4 of Walker, Otamendi, Laporte and Mendy for the second leg. Also, Bayern can't press like Liverpool with Robben and Ribery in the team anymore.

While I agree that Bayern are more than capable of scoring on anyone and blowing away anyone, and the game with City would be tight, there is no way they've had it as hard as City this season.

killerboi2

Just watched the highlights of Chelsea game on youtube. Cortouis should have saved every single goal and also randomly passed it to a Barca player for a free shot on goal at one point. He killed any little chance Chelsea would have had.

Eddy_JukeZ

I hope City-Pool draw each other, so 1 is knocked out right away.

As a spectacle, I'd love to see Real-City play. Think it'd be the most intriguing tie.

Giggs86

Imagine a Liverpool - Juventus final. The ultimate finals-bottler coach vs the ultimate finals-bottler team.

Angry Virginian

Supports
Tottenham
Imagine a Liverpool - Juventus final. The ultimate finals-bottler coach vs the ultimate finals-bottler team.
Juventus is a final bottler team? They lost to Barcelona and Real Madrid FFS. It is not like they lost to Sevilla in those finals.

Reactions: Varun

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Since United are out, i want an El Classico grand finale.

QF I want:

Barca vs City
Real vs Roma
Juve vs Liverpool
Munich vs Seville

Semi
Real-liverpool
Barca-Munich

El Classico finale.
I think you're the only United fan that wants Liverpool to get past the quarters :D

An El Classico final would be awesome though.

Giggs86

Juventus is a final bottler team? They lost to Barcelona and Real Madrid FFS. It is not like they lost to Sevilla in those finals.
Fair enough if you started watching football two years ago.

FYI, Juventus played in 9 finals, winning only 2. In fact, after winning it in 1996, they lost the next five finals they've been involved in.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I hope City-Pool draw each other, so 1 is knocked out right away.

As a spectacle, I'd love to see Real-City play. Think it'd be the most intriguing tie.
Can't disagree with that. Real vs City would definitely be the most entertaining. Problem with Liverpool vs City is that one of them will make the semis. But I suppose that' bound to happen anyway sadly.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Historic quarters isn’t it? Four teams with at least 5 cups in it for the first time. Seville please.

ti vu

My devilish draw reads: Real-Barca, Bayern-City, Juve-Roma, Liverpool-Sevilla. :D
I saw what you did there. Knowing Juve, wouldn't you think it's better to take on the main course in two leg tie and have light dessert for the final?
They have been on a losing streak in CL finals (5 times la). The final two they are not favorite, but arguably they were favorite for the other 3.

Giggs86

you probably don't read much, as bottlers and chokers are a big part of sports journalism lexicon.
Chokers, yes. Bottlers? Not so much. That is unless you categorize that caf as sports journalism. Or any article from football365 that involves Tottenham.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I think Real are favourites to win the CL once more. But I hope they don’t get a easy road to the final like they usually do. So therefore something like this would be great

QF - Real v Man City
SF - Real v Munich
F - Real v Barcelona

LFCKop

Supports
Liverpool
I think Klopp would take us to final only to lose it on Penalties.
I don't want City until final. Would like to see us perform against other European giants.

QF
Real - Bayern
Juve - Barca
Liverpool - Roma
Sevilla - City

SF
Real - Liverpool
City - Barca

Final
Barca - Liverpool

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Since everyone else is doing what I hope the matchups will be for the next round
City- Juve
Bayern- Sevilla
Liverpool- Real
Barca-Roma

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Hope we draw City so a Guardiola team gets trashed, yet again, by either Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I hope this is next round
City- Liverpool
Juve- Sevilla
Roma- Barca
Bayern - Real

Or

City - Bayern
Liverpool- juve
Roma- Barca
Real- Sevilla

Basically anyone but Liverpool and City winning it would be the best.