Champions League Round of 16 (13th Feb - 14th Mar)

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Man city will beat Bayern by 5 goals over the 2 legs if they get them.
:lol: sure. Only 5?
I would actually love to get City, although I prefer Juve. But there’s the same weaknesses in this City side that have been in any of Guardiolas Bayern sides and of anyone has a recipe against that, it’s Heynckes.

Giggs86

I hope Sevilla won't draw Liverpool or City, because when one of them will put 5 past Sevilla the fallout would be unbearable.
Ideally they would draw one of Barca, Madrid or Bayern.

Neuron

I would actually love to get City, although I prefer Juve. But there’s the same weaknesses in this City side that have been in any of Guardiolas Bayern sides and of anyone has a recipe against that, it’s Heynckes.
You have a point there, but I feel like part of that same weakness was Guardiola's huge learning curve of last season. I feel like the problems of his City side last season were very similar to the ones he generally had in his time at Bayern, and a part of the reason why he wasn't successful last year.

So although I wouldn't rule Bayern out in the slightest, I feel like this City team, and this slightly more mature Guardiola, might just have the edge.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
You have a point there, but I feel like part of that same weakness was Guardiola's huge learning curve of last season. I feel like the problems of his City side last season were very similar to the ones he generally had in his time at Bayern, and a part of the reason why he wasn't successful last year.

So although I wouldn't rule Bayern out in the slightest, I feel like this City team, and this slightly more mature Guardiola, might just have the edge.
Would be an excellent tie. I'd still fancy Bayern to go through because it has superior players in attack in my opinion.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I hope Sevilla won't draw Liverpool or City, because when one of them will put 5 past Sevilla the fallout would be unbearable.
Ideally they would draw one of Barca, Madrid or Bayern.
When Barca, Real or Bayern put 5 past them there would still be the same fallout. You should be hoping for Juve they will dominate them but, end up winning like 3-0 on aggregate.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Man, it’s crazy how much City gets overrated on these forums.

Good team, but by no means head and shoulders the best team in the world

Reactions: SteveJ

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
On this forum? They are rated even higher elsewhere or by any mainstream media.
You're totally right, people tend to act like City are this untouchable team. Some in here are saying they'd beat Bayern by five goals :lol:

Member 90887

:lol:'

This thread is fun.
Haha, Very funny, i'm dying here. what's fun about my reply ? is it that funny to hope for you team to advance in the competition and win ?

Nothing better to do in life than to wind up opposition fans at 3 in the morning ? Get a life.

BarcaSpurs

Why? Has heynckes ever even played against pep before?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Apart from last year's finals, Juventus has a history of knocking Real out of the knockout stages. I see that happening again.

City are slight favorites in their tie. Aguero will not start, City will need all hands on deck to deal with Liverpool's pressing.

Busquets is injured, so I'd like to say it makes things interesting, but it would be a massive shock if Roma went through. Ditto for Sevilla, who are best off just starting Ben Yedder instead of the lump who started against us.

Juventus, City, Barcelona and Bayern to make semi-finals.

cyberman

City haven't got a hope of living with Liverpool at Anfield imo. City have a defensive strategy of over recycling the ball in the big games which Liverpool will punish with their high press (again)

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
City haven't got a hope of living with Liverpool at Anfield imo. City have a defensive strategy of over recycling the ball in the big games which Liverpool will punish with their high press (again)
Well, even when they were blitzed in the league by Pool at Anfield, they still managed to grab three away goals. That may make all the difference in this CL tie.

cyberman

@GhastlyHun
Oh Im not saying itll be easy and those goals are why the elite sides wiould sail through Liverpool in the semis,
Liverpool should have been a couple up at the Etihad before the red card as well.
Either way the fallout will be fun to watch. Theres also the chance that the 4 genuinely best sides in Europe will make up the semi finalists

adexkola

Supports
@GhastlyHun
Oh Im not saying itll be easy and those goals are why the elite sides wiould sail through Liverpool in the semis,
Liverpool should have been a couple up at the Etihad before the red card as well.
Either way the fallout will be fun to watch. Theres also the chance that the 4 genuinely best sides in Europe will make up the semi finalists
So I just went back and watched the highlights of the 5-0, up until Mane's red card. I don't see how Liverpool we're supposed to be leading. City were deservedly up 1-0.

cyberman

@adexkola
I dont know what game you watched but they isolated Otamendi time and time again, they kept flubbing the final pass for a tap in or to get through 1 on 1

adexkola

Supports
@adexkola
I dont know what game you watched but they isolated Otamendi time and time again, they kept flubbing the final pass for a tap in or to get through 1 on 1
So I watched it again, because I'm off today :)

Otamendi was caught in no-man's-land twice, prior to the red card. His errors resulted in chances on goal, but Ederson was in prime form coming out and cutting off angles. Plus, City tested the keeper on the opposite end multiple times (scoring once), so it's disingenuous to say that Liverpool should have been up before the red card. Counting all the chances for both sides, 3-2 to City would be the "if my aunt had balls" score.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That was a meaningless league game. CL is different, city will be way more cautious about not losing the ball in dangerous situations. You'll see their defenders just hoof it up a lot more against the press

cyberman

You think so? I honestly think they'll over recycle the ball with players a lot close to each other so they'll not get isolated if they do lose the ball.
Fernandinho and Gundogan midfield is a certainty, its Peps form of defensive football but it looks good on stats so its never seen that way.
Great news for Chelsea btw. They're favourites for fourth after this.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You think so? I honestly think they'll over recycle the ball with players a lot close to each other so they'll not get isolated if they do lose the ball.
Fernandinho and Gundogan midfield is a certainty, its Peps form of defensive football but it looks good on stats so its never seen that way.
Great news for Chelsea btw. They're favourites for fourth after this.
I think in tne league City wanted to try and win, while also knowing nothing would happen even if they lost

In CL, their first, second and third priority at anfield will be not losing. That's how it's always been for Guardiola in CL