Champions League Round of 16 (13th Feb - 14th Mar)

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Spurs dominated Juve for 150 minutes out of 180, unbelievable how they lost.
Football bloody hell.
Juventus were missing Dybala and Matuidi for the first leg. Spurs should have won that game. 2-2 was a poor result against the team Juve put out.

Tottenham somehow managed to go 2 goals down very quickly in the first game, it could have been 3-1 at half time but for the missed penalty.

Juve had a clear penalty also denied last night. If Juventus had their most important players for the first game they would have won the first leg comfortably I think.

Spurs are just massively overhyped in England, (just like the national team) Kane is the most over hyped player in history I think. Every pressure game, Iceland, Gent, Juve last night, Euros, World cup, awful.

RoyH1

Experience told in this game. You have to focus and concentrate for the entire 180 minutes, and Spurs did not.

Question is if this season is the last of them playing at high level. Poch and couple of their top players might leave if there is no silverware.

Cracker_34

Juventus played 5 minutes, put 2 goal and won a ticket for a quarterfinal ... It's disgusting for Tot'. But we are able to do the same against Sevilla. :D

NoLogo

Experience told in this game. You have to focus and concentrate for the entire 180 minutes, and Spurs did not.

Question is if this season is the last of them playing at high level. Poch and couple of their top players might leave if there is no silverware.
Pretty sure they will be picked apart in the summer. If Real is serious about getting Kane he will be gone, apart from him I think Eriksen and Dembele are the only ones that will be of any interest to top teams though, maybe even Dele but I'm still not convinced he is actually that good.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups

It was not just concentration. Pochettino wasn't ready for the Allegri changes, they thought they were the better team and only reacted after suffering two goals. This experience gives proper value to being reactive enough while managing a game.

montpelier

I thought Juve's turnaround was 1/3 inspired tactics, 1/3 they had to try something & 1/3 jammy in the way it came off. With a small portion of Spurs complacency thrown in too, somewhere or other.

Juve played well for the 1st half hour in Italy to go 2-0 up & for 15 mins last night, but apart from that, the tie was generally all Spurs. However, if you look at the business areas at either end, I reckon Juve created more clear-cut chances with much less ball (missed penalty 1st leg, should have got another pen last night) & defended better.

The idea that this was all a Juve masterplan is a bit of a stretch for me, though. At halftime last night they only had a puncher's chance left & it happened to come off for them.

Last edited:

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
Juventus were missing Dybala and Matuidi for the first leg. Spurs should have won that game. 2-2 was a poor result against the team Juve put out.

Tottenham somehow managed to go 2 goals down very quickly in the first game, it could have been 3-1 at half time but for the missed penalty.

Juve had a clear penalty also denied last night. If Juventus had their most important players for the first game they would have won the first leg comfortably I think.

Spurs are just massively overhyped in England, (just like the national team) Kane is the most over hyped player in history I think. Every pressure game, Iceland, Gent, Juve last night, Euros, World cup, awful.
I do not agree with anything you wrote :D

pensionator

Supports
Juventus
Last night we offered a poor performance, but this is not entirely because of Spurs being the better team. Indeed we do the same in Serie A even against mid-table teams like Sampdoria, Atalanta, Genoa, etc.
This team is ugly and a pain to watch since we switched to the 4-3-3; every time newspapers and journos title "Juve you are fecking horrible" but somehow this team just keeps winning.

After the subs and back to our old 4-4-2/4-2-3-1 the game changed dramatically. In that 5 minutes Spurs had no idea whatsoever of what was going on. Just like in the first 10 minutes in the first leg. After the second goal we had no intention to play offensively anymore, and besides that header with Kane offside by 2 meters (...) there was nothing to fear at all.

Just keep this in mind btw. In the first leg we played without Dybala, Matuidi and Cuadrado (who maybe you lot don't rate much but is a key player for us, if he's fit he starts ahead of Costa and even Dybala).In the second leg we played without Mandzukic (he's The key player for Allegri), Cuadrado and Bernardeschi (who was the MVP of 2018 until he got injured). On top of that Dybala just came back from a long term injury and was clearly out of shape, and the same goes for Higuain who hadn't trained for two weeks and played with painkillers because of an ankle injury.
And we went through anyway.

I am really proud of my team and especially of players such as Asamoah and Lichsteiner, who are often bashed by juve fans for being too weak for this new Juve but that last night proved to be still essential.

Reactions: Varun

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Last night we offered a poor performance, but this is not entirely because of Spurs being the better team. Indeed we do the same in Serie A even against mid-table teams like Sampdoria, Atalanta, Genoa, etc.
This team is ugly and a pain to watch since we switched to the 4-3-3; every time newspapers and journos title "Juve you are fecking horrible" but somehow this team just keeps winning.

After the subs and back to our old 4-4-2/4-2-3-1 the game changed dramatically. In that 5 minutes Spurs had no idea whatsoever of what was going on. Just like in the first 10 minutes in the first leg. After the second goal we had no intention to play offensively anymore, and besides that header with Kane offside by 2 meters (...) there was nothing to fear at all.

Just keep this in mind btw. In the first leg we played without Dybala, Matuidi and Cuadrado (who maybe you lot don't rate much but is a key player for us, if he's fit he starts ahead of Costa and even Dybala).In the second leg we played without Mandzukic (he's The key player for Allegri), Cuadrado and Bernardeschi (who was the MVP of 2018 until he got injured). On top of that Dybala just came back from a long term injury and was clearly out of shape, and the same goes for Higuain who hadn't trained for two weeks and played with painkillers because of an ankle injury.

I am really proud of my team and especially of players such as Asamoah and Lichsteiner, who are often bashed by juve fans for being too weak for this new Juve but that last night proved to be still essential.
Excellent post.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus

Thumbs up. We got through some difficult games in poor physical shape, but somehow grinded out results. Let's hope our fitness issues subside before the business end of the season.

Ardis

This. Allegri completely outsmarted Pochettino with his subs and change of formation. Juve found the spaces they needed to score two fast goals and go through.

Feedingseagulls

I do not agree with anything you (Mb194dc) wrote :D
Really? Don't see how you can deny the bolded parts...

Probably has a good case for the overhyping of the 2 teams too.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Roma and United to go through today. Roma are gonna find it difficult though, as Shakhtar have shown to be a very good team.

pensionator

Supports
Juventus
Still think Shakhtar will go through.
Roma has the strength to smash Shakhtar at the Olimpico: they are also in a very good period after their 4-2 away win against Napoli.

But yes, I have the feeling that they will bottle this.

KC91

Roma should progress, Shakhtar are a quality team, but they did the same 2-1 result in the Ukraine to Napoli before getting hammered 3-0 in Italy. Roma is also in great form since that loss to Milan.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Shakhtar are very good this season and Roma usually fecks it up in Europe. Shakhtar and United to go through tonight

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Trying to figure out who I want to progress between Roma and Shakhtar. In other words, who is more likely to challenge Madrid in the next round because that's who they're drawing.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Don’t care who goes through as long as the winner of United and Sevilla stays the feck away from us in the quarters.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Don’t care who goes through as long as the winner of United and Sevilla stays the feck away from us in the quarters.
:lol: Wouldn't mind Sevilla that much, but I'd not want United over two legs.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
:D:lol:
Was thinking I wanted to draw either to exact some revenge as European refs are far less tolerant. But I'll the easiest route now just wana to go as far as is possible

prateik

The Barca-PSG was definitely fixed.. How can a team fall apart like that?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
:lol: Wouldn't mind Sevilla that much, but I'd not want United over two legs.
Utd are the epitome of the long ball team with a good defence and useful forwards that we crap the bed against. Don't want Sevilla either but we owe them a good kicking elimination in Europe.

For tonight Sevilla are away and they have an atrocious away record. Utd have won 17 out of 19 at home or close. Utd convincingly embarrassed the team they hate most on the weekend. Can only point to one thing... Come on Sevilla!! :devil::mad::devil:

Member 90887

Roma have a bigger chance to qualify than us, they lost 2-1, so they effectively won 3-2, while we just drew the game 0-0. \s

Am i doing this right ?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Last time we played Roma in the quarter-final, we went on to win the CL...the year before that we beat them 7-1 at the same stage. I'd take a repeat of either! Shaktar look like they could pull off an upset.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
How're the matches looking? I've got an eye on the scores but I'm not watching either match.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
How're the matches looking? I've got an eye on the scores but I'm not watching either match.
Utd are the most long ball team you will see remaining in Europe and I include the Europa league in that statement. Unbelievable. Even the hardcore Utd nuts on here will find it hard to disagree.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Balanced game but United are playing well, looking more likely to score.

Utd are the most long ball team you will see remaining in Europe and I include the Europa league in that statement. Unbelievable. Even the hardcore Utd nuts on here will find it hard to disagree.
Why is it unbelievable? They have a clear advantage in the air tonight and it's working.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
We didn't beat either of these this season.United are effective despite the football.

marktan

We've played just as much as they have on the ground. The occasional long ball doesn't suddenly make you a long-ball team.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I take it back about Real getting whoever wins between Roma and Shakhtar. They're getting whoever qualifies here.

Mach4

Supports
Manchester City
United should win this game but it is kind of disappointing that they have difficulty passing against a la Liga side that's not even in the top 4.

I think if United score first, the game is over because Sevilla have the cutting edge of a slegehammer. So far, these two teams are jacking each other off and they can't decide who gets to cum first.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Why hasn’t anyone ever even enquired about signing N’Zonzi?