Chelsea vs. Manchester United

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
At the Bridge I really would like Fergie to set up dense in midfield with Hernandez playing off the back of Luiz and Cahill. Luiz especially is a massive massive liability where marking is concerned.

I can see him setting up for the draw at this stage. I just think Oscar/Mata/Hazard is just too much movement and firepower to try and play over the top of. If we can get out there and get in behind them and force them back quite early I think we can go a little way to neutralizing those three.

But I would still be happy with the usual diamond and Rooney in behind RvP.

It will be a really good game I think.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
The Mata-Hazard-Oscar combination worries me a lot really.

Maybe we should go like-for-like and start with Cleverley-Scholes-Kagawa (if he recovers) in front of Carrick and behind Rooney and RVP. Valencia, Nani and Hernandez should come in if we need to change to a more traditional wing-play.

..............DDG.................
Rafael.....Rio....Evans...Evra
............Carrick................
Cleverley..Scholes..Kagawa
........Rooney...RVP...........

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
We should play the diamond, keep it tight in the middle and ensure their key playmakers (Oscar, Mata) don't play.

---------------De Gea----------------
Rafael------Rio--------Evans------Evra
---------------Carrick----------------
-------Cleverley-------Anderson-----
--------------Rooney---------------
------V.Persie-------Welbeck------

Going with Welbeck instead of Hernandez would be sensible as welbeck is capable of quick play in tight areas while Hernandez relies alot on service which might not come in this game as it's going to be tight.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
------------DDG

--Rafael---Rio--Evans---Evra

------------Carrick

------Anderson--------Cleverley

Valencia-----Rooney

--------------RvP

That mdifield would be ideal, matching Chelsea physically and for pace/energy. Though I have a feeling Scholes will start ahead of Anderson. I also feel that we need at least "1 winger" to provide the width, and also keep Cole from darting down the flank. Otherwise the game could become too congested in the middle of the park.

kps88

Would like to see Hernandez start. He's in form and he'd give their back line all sorts of problems. Scholes being rested mid week means he's going to start as well. No clue how to fit them all in.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Rooney and Hernandez have each scored 4 goals in their last 6 appearances v Chelsea, while Rooney's scored 3 goals at Stamford Bridge in the last two seasons. Van Persie surprisingly has only scored against Chelsea in two games - one hat-trick and one double, three years apart, both at Stamford Bridge.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
We should play the diamond, keep it tight in the middle and ensure their key playmakers (Oscar, Mata) don't play.

---------------De Gea----------------
Rafael------Rio--------Evans------Evra
---------------Carrick----------------
-------Cleverley-------Anderson-----
--------------Rooney---------------
------V.Persie-------Welbeck------

Going with Welbeck instead of Hernandez would be sensible as welbeck is capable of quick play in tight areas while Hernandez relies alot on service which might not come in this game as it's going to be tight.
To be honest, not sure it's going to be THAT tight.

Chelsea are going to be a threat going forward, with Mata and Hazard notably (plus Torres who's playing pretty well), but their back line isn't that good, pretty shaky (like ours). Chicha could pose some serious problems to their CBs, I think he'll start.

And I think it'll actually be a pretty open game.

Red_Aaron

i think last nights events will see us start 442 with RVP-Roo up top, which is a shame as i think the diamond would work well against chelsea and i'd start hernandez-RVP with Roo at the tip of midfield. for some reason I have a feeling we'll see the dreaded scholes-giggs combo from saf

i'd go

DDG
Rafa-Rio-Evans-Evra
Carrick
Ando-Clev
Rooney
RVP-Chico

think saf will go

DDG
Rafa-Rio-Evans-Evra
Valencia-Scholes-Carrick-Giggs
Roon-RVP

should be a cracking game, both sides have been free scoring this season and i think they'll be plenty of goals again on sunday

Jacob

I hope we lay down the mark and win at the Bridge. It could damage them seriously while lifting us extremely. I'm confident with RvP and Rooney in form, the only concern is obviously the defence, a lot is depending on Rio.

Scrumpet

There are no words
I think there is little to no chance of Giggs starting. The COC will be his next run out I'd say.

Godfather

i think last nights events will see us start 442 with RVP-Roo up top, which is a shame as i think the diamond would work well against chelsea and i'd start hernandez-RVP with Roo at the tip of midfield. for some reason I have a feeling we'll see the dreaded scholes-giggs combo from saf

i'd go

DDG
Rafa-Rio-Evans-Evra
Carrick
Ando-Clev
Rooney
RVP-Chico

think saf will go

DDG
Rafa-Rio-Evans-Evra
Roon-RVP

should be a cracking game, both sides have been free scoring this season and i think they'll be plenty of goals again on sunday
Agree with everything. Also think that we will see Scholes and Giggs start. When giggsy came on against braga yesterday I immediately thought, that it's to make him match fit for sunday ^^

Varun

Staff
think saf will go

DDG
Rafa-Rio-Evans-Evra
Roon-RVP

We'l be beaten if we start with that middle 4. Mata Oscar and Hazard are far too quick and fluid to play all 3 of Giggs Carrick and Scholes.

We'l need a lot of energy at SB which for me simply means only Carrick of the 3 starting the match.

SAF said post the pool game that experience won us the game(I dont know how he came to that conclusion) though so it wouldnt surprise me to see him for the same lineup again.

Devil may care

I hope we use that diamond and neither Scholes or Giggs start, we need to be very wary of the trio that play behind Torres and we will need hustle in there against them.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You can bet their instructions will be to fly out of the blocks against us. If they get an early upper hand I can see us worrying about the early goal again.

paceme

Golly Gilmore
“What’s the matter, lager boy, scared you might ta
We need our width for this one in my opinion, neither Mata or Hazard are particularly strong at helping their full backs out so we should be able to get some joy out of playing Nani, Valencia or perhaps both. Stick Rooney just in front of the hole to draw Luiz out of position and give Van Persie space to play with (the width should help expose Luiz). Clevs in the middle with Scholes who always seems to play well against Chelsea from what I remember. The defense is just a case of who is available.

----------------De Gea-----------------
Rafeal---Evans--------Ferdinand----Evra
------------Clevs-----Scholes----------
Valencia--------Rooney------------Nani
--------------Van Pesie----------------

Bring Hernandez on for Van Persie around the 60 minute mark if the attack doesn't seem to be working but having watched the Shaktar game I think we should be capable of beating them with that line up.

Commadus

Expect 442, expect one of Scholes or Giggs to start and expect another slow start.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
What i'd like to see is:

-----------De Gea---------

--Rafael--Rio--Evans---Evra

------Cleverly--Carrick-----

Valencia---Rooney---Welbeck

------------RVP------------

But i wouldn't mind Hernandez starting for Welbeck, with RVP floating behind.
Also, id expect Scholes to start.

Revan

Assumptionman
If we go with wingers I would like:

De Gea

Rafael Rio Evans Evra

Valencia Carrick Clevs Nani

Rooney RvP

If we go with diamond then I would like:

De Gea

Rafael Rio Evans Evra

Carrick

Ando Clevs

Rooney

RvP Chicha

gza the genius

De Gea
Rafael Ferdinand Evans Evra
Carrick
Kagawa Cleverley
Rooney
Persie Welbeck​

Though I wonder if Scholes will play instead of Kagawa.
This would be my preferred lineup. If Kagawa is hurt I hope Anderson starts. I'd rather Welbeck start as well but after yesterday I wouldn't be too disappointed if Chicharito gets the start.

Drainy

The referee needs to keep a serious eye on Chelsea players kicking and hitting our attacking players off the ball. They have employed this 'tactic' for a few years now, and hardly get called out on it.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Will there ever be a game this season where we can actualy acurately predict our line-up?
We've got so many choices it's giving me a head-ache just thinking about it, then again I'm not complaining.

Hopefully Fergie doesn't use Giggs, no offense but I don't want him anywhere near this game. We've got quite a few better options in every area Giggs can play in at the moment, the only injured one is Kagawa.

7dan

Its getting tickly now–squeaky-bum time, I call it
Its very interesting now we have two very different formations we can put out, diamond or wingers, nightmare for opposing teams trying to organize tactics before playing us.
equally during a game we have an option if all isn't going well and can easily switch from one to the other.

Longlivekeano

----------------------------De Gea-------------------------

--Rafael----------------Rio---------Vidic-------------Evra--

---------------------------Carrick--------------------------

---------Valencia---------Scholes------Anderson------------

---------------------Rooney---Van Persie---------------------

I think we will have both a compact centre with Scholes (dictate tempo and retain possession), Ando (provide legs for Scholesey, track runners from midfield) and Carrick (shield in front of back 4).

Wingplay to be provided by Valencia (right) and Evra (left)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sorry, I meant Shaktar Donetsk, how did they beat Chelsea on tuesday? Maybe we can learn something from them.
They attacked Chelsea's shite defence, and stayed solid at the back. We can be sure we'll do one of the two at least! Chelsea's start to the season has been good no doubt, but they're defence has been really bad when put under a bit of pressure.

Hellboy

Have a feeling it will be an epic victory at Stamford Bridge, we've been unlucky there for years, but the spine of their team is gone.

1-3 :drool: RVP x 2, Rooney

Jonno

They are bang on form, we are playing OK, but form goes out of the window in these games, very often we go into games like this bang on form, only to underperform. I hope we raise our game big time.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Going to brick it everytime Chelsea attack given the way we defend these days.