Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Traub

Imagine we had done that rumoured swap deal for Vermaelen.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I like how no one wanted him fined with one week's wages but 6% were fine with two weeks' wages.

kr0nix

Someone posted this on one of the football threads on the Guardian. I think we've cracked it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Can't think of any team that wouldn't start him. Maybe City if Otamendi and Kompany are both playing well?
He's better than Otamendi so I think he would start in my opinion.

Oo0AahCantona

So who is actually better than him in his current form, that he has almost had a season of under his belt now? Ramos? Ceillini? Thiago Silva? maybe Boateng? the difference is marginal.

pseudo_canadian

I'm struggling to think of a team in the world in which he wouldn't start in going on current form
In all seriousness, I don't either.

Though he's been performing at such an incredibly high level for so long I think it's safe to say that it isn't just form, it's that he's actually become a world-class CB.

ZDwyr

So who is actually better than him in his current form, that he has almost had a season of under his belt now? Ramos? Ceillini? Thiago Silva? maybe Boateng? the difference is marginal.
Head onto RAWK and they think Sakho is the best CB in the league.

Brightonian

In all seriousness, I don't either.

Though he's been performing at such an incredibly high level for so long I think it's safe to say that it isn't just form, it's that he's actually become a world-class CB.
Exactly. At some point we will all have to stop tacking 'how he's playing now' onto the end of these observations. This has gone beyond just a purple patch.

And yep, you can find a place for him in any team in the world. He'd start for Bayern ahead of Benatia or Martinez. He'd start for Madrid ahead of Pepe or Varane. He'd start for Barca ahead of... well, arguably any of their CBs given some of Pique's dodgy games this season.

Obviously some will disagree because it offends their sensibilities and determination that English players and English teams always be worse than everyone else no exceptions, or because I've just mentioned their team. But Smalling has been all-but-flawless this season.

Man Utd 2:0 West Brom

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Involved twice so far and doing both actions in a decisive, commanding fashion. Loving this new side of his game. Much more authority about his work so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.