Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.suave

Named in The Guardian's team of the season (so far).

Chris Smalling (Manchester United)
Back in the summer, most people saw problems ahead for Manchester United’s supposedly dodgy defence but Smalling saw an opportunity and has seized it decisively. The 25-year-old has matured into a highly accomplished defender. He remains dominant in duels, his positioning and reading of matches have evolved enormously and his consistency is now exemplary. De Gea is not the only reason United have the best defensive record in the league so far.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/11/premier-league-team-season-so-far

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He pulled up in the 60th-or-so minute. I'll be absolutely livid if he's out. Hodgson is an inept fool.

DWelbz19

The player always wants to play on, I'd expect more from Smalling [if he was in any serious pain or realised he had tweaked something] but he's no different from pretty much any other player in that position. They all think they can run it off most times. The manager ought to have intervened. It's a pointless friendly and he had adequate replacement on the bench.

littlepeasoup

It's Mike's responsibility to tell the bench if he's got an injury, but it's the England bench's responsibility to be continually monitoring their players.

Hopefully there's nothing in it, but if there is I'll be absolutely fuming.

Kag

Blaming the bench? He's a grown man. He knows this is a friendly and he knows how important he is to this United side.

If you tweak your hamstring you get off the field immediately. He should know that.

Angelinho

Decent performance from him once again - the Smalling and Jones partnership seemed to be England's biggest positive tonight. Hopefully' Chris's limp was just a knock, and both will be rested for Tuesday.

Trizy

One of the few positives of our season so far.. i'll be freaked if he's injured!

prath92

I don't think it's a serious one. It's nor reported in many places. Plus we have Watford next. Maybe rest him even if he is fit. Play Jones and blind

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
I don't think it's a serious one. It's nor reported in many places. Plus we have Watford next. Maybe rest him even if he is fit. Play Jones and blind
because its watford id want Smalls in there! They are a physical side and they have Ighalo and Deeney up front so its pretty important that we start with Smalling and Jones as Deeney would easily got the better of Blind.

prath92

because its watford id want Smalls in there! They are a physical side and they have Ighalo and Deeney up front so its pretty important that we start with Smalling and Jones as Deeney would easily got the better of Blind.
Nah Blind is more stronger than we give him credit for. He has been beaten yes but the strikers he has dominated is more than the vice versa. Benteke Kane Gestede etc.

They should be able to deal with Watford at least.

Varun

Staff
Blaming the bench? He's a grown man. He knows this is a friendly and he knows how important he is to this United side.

If you tweak your hamstring you get off the field immediately. He should know that.
Exactly. If he's out, the blame lies solely with him. Absolutely daft.

superdry

touched by a genius
Didn't Jones do exactly the same playing for England .... pulled his hamstring, played on, subsequently out for over a month.
It looks like the players have been ordered to leave their brains in the changing room when they play for England, especially by the way they play! ( shite)

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
What irritates me is that this was a meaningless friendly. 45mins tops for each player imo. These games are absolutely pointless.

Akshay

Staff
Didn't Jones do exactly the same playing for England .... pulled his hamstring, played on, subsequently out for over a month.
It looks like the players have been ordered to leave their brains in the changing room when they play for England, especially by the way they play! ( shite)
There's too much media pressure, even over a friendly. Forces Hodgson to play his best XI when the team would benefit more from rotation, and players are afraid of getting hammered in the press if they are seen to be letting their country down.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
So, this is our defensive line:

Darmian (bad form)
Valencia (injured)
Smalling (injured)
Blind
Rojo
Shaw (injured)

Have I got this right?

Getsme

Martial, De Gea staying, Luke Shaw being world class before our luck ran out. That's about it :(
2 points off the top, looking good in Europe, teams fearing us again, having a solid defensive set up, the immergance of exciting youth talent etc etc.

stu_1992

Oh ffs, why would he play on in a friendly if he felt something? Incredibly stupid if he did.

Lawman

Martial, De Gea staying, Luke Shaw being world class before our luck ran out. That's about it :(
Morgan has been a very good addition and we now have the best midfielder in the league in Bastian. Darmain looks a good addition and Jesse has stepped up well in the last few games. Plus we are sitting 2 points of the top of the league and top of our champions league group. I'd say that's quite a few positives.

Status
Not open for further replies.