Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigma

Good performance, not really tested though that much. Has to be one of the best centre backs in the world now.

thejtrain

Good performance, not really tested though that much. Has to be one of the best centre backs in the world now.
League - yes. World - no. Doesn't have to be a ball playing CB, but has to be a lot more comfortable on the ball than he is right now.

Sigma

League - yes. World - no. Doesn't have to be a ball playing CB, but has to be a lot more comfortable on the ball than he is right now.
Who's better than him? He's in the top 5 in the world for me.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Who's better than him? He's in the top 5 in the world for me.
Defenders who have been playing at a high level for longer. Koscielny, Pique, Pepe, Ramos, Thiago Silva, Godin, Bonucci. Kompany at his best is better but Smalling has been the best cb in the league this season. Terry has declined now. He just needs to maintain this level. But he has been quality.

Sigma

Defenders who have been playing at a high level for longer. Koscielny, Pique, Pepe, Ramos, Thiago Silva, Godin, Bonucci. Kompany at his best is better but Smalling has been the best cb in the league this season. Terry has declined now. He just needs to maintain this level. But he has been quality.
You are basing this on reputation, I'm talking about now. And Smalling has been consistently brilliant for over a year so I think that qualifies him for discussion about this.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
You are basing this on reputation, I'm talking about now. And Smalling has been consistently brilliant for over a year so I think that qualifies him for discussion about this.
Not reputation, performance. These guys have been playing at a high level for longer. None of them have declined and as good as Smalling has been I don't think he has been good for long enough to be mentioned with this group. He's in the next group for me.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
World class. He's reached the level of 8/10 performances every week. He and de gea are head and shoulders above the rest of the squad.

Sam

He's our best player.

Its got to the point where I just expect him to play well every game.

pillory

Unlike some other people I still enjoy watching United play every time, the problem is it's about 70% due to Smalling and De Gea.

ZDwyr

Pretty solid performance again. Wish we had two of him so he could have covered their counter from the corner.

Rossa

A beast at the back again. Did brilliantly to catch up with Vardy near the end.
Vardy is quoted as the fastest player in the league this season, but twice Smalling bettered him chasing the ball. He really is ridiculously fast when he gets going, not sluggish off the mark either, mind you. The way he dealt with Schlupp was also brilliant - looked like a PL defender dispossessing a twelve year old off the ball.

It's a shame DDG and Smalling has to be our best players match after match.

Rossa

Unlike some other people I still enjoy watching United play every time, the problem is it's about 70% due to Smalling and De Gea.
Defending can be sexy - as can good goalkeeping. Sexy in the way of football-sexy, like football-philosophy, not actual philosophy, right. Felt the need to explain myself there.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
His anticipation has improved so much. He doesn't need to enter into physical battles anymore because he gets to the ball quicker than most strikers. He reminds me a lot of Ferdinand in that aspect.

Oo0AahCantona

I dont see in any way shape or form how Koscielny can be rated higher than smalling in this form right now.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Almost boring, isn't it? Consistently good, pff, unheard of. I'm guessing the other players have him and DDG eat at another table.
Blind has hardly been putting a foot wrong either.

Defensively sound and has actually been setting up the occasional goal and some of the few chances we make a game.

But yeah only really those three performing consistently well.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He's been pretty flawless throughout 2015. At what point do people stop saying this is a good spell of form and admit that he's the best defender in the country?

Can't remember who the Leicester player who yesterday - Schlupp? - but he went one on one against Smalling and was swatted away with minimal fuss and complete authority.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
He's been pretty flawless throughout 2015. At what point do people stop saying this is a good spell of form and admit that he's the best defender in the country?

Can't remember who the Leicester player who yesterday - Schlupp? - but he went one on one against Smalling and was swatted away with minimal fuss and complete authority.
Form my a** I say, the dude is class. He's come undone *Robbie Williams*

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!

That's a good question.

Gazza

Was struck by how much organizing and instructing he was doing for our attacking corners and set pieces. Everyone on our team seemed to be taking their direction from him. Impressive to see.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
A beast at the back again. Did brilliantly to catch up with Vardy near the end.
Yes. The commentator said Vardy must be tired since he didn't go straight at DDG. I'm absolutely certain he checked back because he saw who he was up against and just knew there would be no point trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.