Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy_JukeZ

Been really poor lately.

He is so poor on the ball too. Barely progressed in that aspect.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The most overrated player in the history of this forum.
Meh, when he was great, we acknowledged it. When he lost his form, the praise stopped, and he was criticized quite a lot lately (and rightly so)

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Has always been overrated here, decent defender, at times even below-average.

ZDwyr

The most overrated player in the history of this forum.
Not sure. Still think that would be Herrera. Smalling at least has shown a very high level of form to warrant the praise at some point. His form has dropped considerably though, definitely.

Bojan11

Doesn't help that he plays alongside Blind and Rojo. Even Rio or Vidic would struggle alongside them. In fact Rio wasn't great before Vidic and Evra came along.

Rossa

He was by no means good yesterday, but what kind of defense are we playing? Look at their second goal, why is it Smalling who is trying to block Firming's shot? When Rio and Vidic played they had an understanding, and they defended as a unit. Smalling has to defend all over the shop because Blind won't win any battles.

Bwuk

He was by no means good yesterday, but what kind of defense are we playing? Look at their second goal, why is it Smalling who is trying to block Firming's shot? When Rio and Vidic played they had an understanding, and they defended as a unit. Smalling has to defend all over the shop because Blind won't win any battles.
Smalling got beat to a cross by fecking Lallana.

Blind is a much better centre back than him.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife

They have not been playing like a partnership. More like two defenders trying to outdo the other, for that I rate them both as shite.

Rossa

That's just rubbish. Smalling did once what Blind has been doing all season - being beat by all sorts of attackers. Then Smalling stumbled once, but once again, Blind was found wanting whenever there was defending to do. We have to play Fellaini because there is no presence in the air with Blind. He is just so poor in the air. Smalling didn't have his best match, but once again he had to try and carry the defense on his own.

It says it all when you think Blind is a MUCH better centre back than him - he's not even a qualified, even average center back.

Rossa

What about what he did against Liverpool?
I really like Carrick, but this season he has been well below par, unfortunately. One can still see the quality is there, but he makes too many mistakes and looks battered after 30 minutes of playing. His passing is still the best in the team though. However, recall the times when Carrick facilitated Scholes' passing? That says it all really - although he is a good passer, he is not close to say Scholes.

Mike09

Solid performance and it looks to me he also did most of Blind's defending job today. Carroll, Emenike and Sakho couldn't win anything against Smalling. Varela and Smalling are my MOTM. Can't do much for the goal as it was Blind who gave the foul and it was also a brilliant free kick from a long distance as well.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He's gonna be even more beastly with a proper CB next to him. Good game from him today, loved when Sakho went physical on him and Mike just pushed him away.

Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's made a fair few costly mistakes in recent times and looks nowhere near as flawless as he did in 2015. Shame.

Classical Mechanic

I think the worst thing about Smalling is how he complete lack of passing ability harms us as a team. It has been very apparent tonight. He has almost always taken the easy option. Lingard or Rashford were screaming at him for a pass and he bottled it, he tried it later on a completely fluffed the pass.

Still a very strong basic defender but I think we need more.

Mike09

Solid first half and probably best player before half time. Poor second half.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Was okay. Been ages since he produced a brilliant performance though.

Classical Mechanic

Solid first half and probably best player before half time. Poor second half.
He really wasn't. Carrick ran the game for us. Smalling defended OK but was poor on the ball. Safe passing. I much prefer Blind at centre back to Smalling. I now understand the appeal in having a David Luiz type centre back over an old school English type one.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Looks shaky and clumsy during the second half of the season. He is decent and can be good but is a step down from the top defenders we used to have.

Mike09

He really wasn't. Carrick ran the game for us. Smalling defended OK but was poor on the ball. Safe passing. I much prefer Blind at centre back to Smalling. I now understand the appeal in having a David Luiz type centre back over an old school English type one.
I would say both Carrick, Smalling and even Fellaini are our best players in first half. Smalling won almost every challenges in first half to me. Blind was the worst player in first half too many error but much better performance in second half. David Luiz is not a good centre back. He looked good only if he has good centre back alongside him. Smalling ahead of Luiz to me.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's been awful the last 3 games, really not convinced he's cut out to be a top defender without someone far superior next to him. His passing is abysmal.

Status
Not open for further replies.