Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

If only the pro qatar folk had even a fraction of the same concerns for the migrant workers instead of some random old man holding a sign

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Seems to happen a lot at INEOS. Awful conditions.
Are you really trying to equate this to migrant workers being trafficked and treated like slaves and dying at work simply trying to send money back to their poverty stricken families?!
That crap is above and beyond who owns a football club and point scoring on an online forum.
Shame on you.:nono:

JagUTD

Ratcliffe would have universal support, including from the Qataris themselves if he promised to ban that bellend Goldbridge from Old Trafford.

George The Best

Got to be something going on behind the scenes - the silence is deafening. IF you were in private negotiations to try and reach a deal you’d want the world to know that you‘re in the dark about the progress.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
So if someone holds a sign of INOES group and that person gets bullied by thugs, it would be ok because they have the "freedom to react".
:lol:

I fully condone stealing anyone's INEOS group sign, yes.

Acquire Me

HarryP

Infra-red

The Qatar straw clutching is an amazing spectacle. The internet equivalent to that guy holding up the flag in OT.
This is the moment in one of those summer transfer super threads when people start claiming that Thaigo must actually still be joining because he was pictured by a paparazzi wearing a red baseball cap on holiday.

The desperation is palpable.

Loon

If these idiots have settled on a buyer will it be the first thing announced before all the paperwork process and whatnot happens? Are they obliged to tell the stock market?

AlPistacho

Whilst I don't agree with taking his flag..... bringing up morality here in his defence and therefore ultimately in the defence of Qatar is quite ironic wouldn't you say?

If Qatar didn't have the atrocious reputation they have then 100% of the fanbase would be on their side too as it would mean Glazers going fully. Sadly they do though so that's why there's such a split.
Everything is relative. If Qatar deserves the word atrocious, then I don’t think words exists for some countries you might have no objection visiting or doing business in if the opportunity came to you.

AlPistacho

It’s called a joke mate. I was being facetious, and maybe I am? Big whoop, wanna fight about it? :D
Sure. You win Ratcliffe and Glazers get United. I win Jassim gets United, United get investment in stadium, training ground, local area and men’s & women’s team.

Giggsyking

If only the pro qatar folk had even a fraction of the same concerns for the migrant workers instead of some random old man holding a sign
At least I tried to raise the issue of migrant workers in Qatar in every possible way on social media. I talked about it in the WC thread, the criticism to Qatar is fair but the requests for extreme change in Qatar by western media was first stupid (because it is unrealistic) secondly shoehorning the Qatari government will give opposite results. There were many Qatari activists who helped push the new work law that has gone into action last month.

The migration workers in 2020 witnessed a totally new workers rule that helped them move from the unhuman Kafala program thanks to the world cup and the pressure of the int community. But now the new Emir is trying to open up to the west and is ready to make reforms and law changes. Starting from april, workers now need only 1 month short notice to inform their employer to change their job inside Qatar and 2 months if they want to quit and leave the country. The employer now must pay 2 months salary if they want to terminate an employee contract immediately.
From April this year,
+Workers will not need an exit visa and they can leave the country freely as long as they hold legal residency (very big change).
+Workers can change jobs without the approval of the previous employer.
+ minimum monthly salary of 1000 QR and the employer is obliged to provide housing and work meals for the worker or offer minimum of 800 QR for the housing and food expenses.
+Workers have now a security/insurance deposit paid monthly by the employer to insure it covers the expenses in case the Worker needs it.
+There will be 14 new visa centers in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Tunisia, Sri Lanka and Philippines to insure that the workers do not fall victims to paper falsifications and fraud by recruitment companies (was a big issue until the new law came in) and now workers can work their papers in their lands by themselves.
+Temporary/intern contracts will be no less and no more than 6 months period after that the worker will have the right to ask for a longer contract.

When we said the WC was only positive on the workers in Qatar, it was not because we were hypocrites who wants to see the WC in the ME, but we know change needs time and not western media mental gymnastics. The Qataris felt they are part of the world in the WC and these new reforms is absolutely based on their willingness to open up to the rest of the world thanks to the WC.

Must say, I felt so happy to see the new change and hope other gulf countries follow with their reforms. But I also must say there are still much work must be done to improve the life for immigrant workers. They deserve more and better.

DOTA

While true about some of the stuff. We can’t rule out that ultimately the leak about Ratcliffe being the preferred buyer isn’t a negotiation tactic by the glazers
I think leaking it is a negotiation tactic and also that it is true.

Demon Barber

At least I tried to raise the issue of migrant workers in Qatar in every possible way on social media. I talked about it in the WC thread, the criticism to Qatar is fair but the requests for extreme change in Qatar by western media was first stupid (because it is unrealistic) secondly shoehorning the Qatari government will give opposite results. There were many Qatari activists who helped push the new work law that has gone into action last month.

The migration workers in 2020 witnessed a totally new workers rule that helped them move from the unhuman Kafala program thanks to the world cup and the pressure of the int community. But now the new Emir is trying to open up to the west and is ready to make reforms and law changes. Starting from april, workers now need only 1 month short notice to inform their employer to change their job inside Qatar and 2 months if they want to quit and leave the country. The employer now must pay 2 months salary if they want to terminate an employee contract immediately.
From April this year,
+Workers will not need an exit visa and they can leave the country freely as long as they hold legal residency (very big change).
+ minimum monthly salary of 1000 QR and the employer is obliged to provide housing and work meals for the worker or offer minimum of 800 QR for the housing and food expenses.
+Workers have now a security/insurance deposit paid monthly by the employer to insure it covers the expenses in case the Worker needs it.
+There will be 14 new visa centers in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Tunisia, Sri Lanka and Philippines to insure that the workers do not fall victims to paper falsifications and fraud by recruitment companies (was a big issue until the new law came in) and now workers can work their papers in their lands by themselves.
+Temporary/intern contracts will be no less and no more than 6 months period after that the worker will have the right to ask for a longer contract.

When we said the WC was only positive on the workers in Qatar, it was not because we were hypocrites who wants to see the WC in the ME, but we know change needs time and not western media mental gymnastics. The Qataris felt they are part of the world in the WC and these new reforms is absolutely based on their willingness to open up to the rest of the world thanks to the WC.

Must say, I felt so happy to see the new change and hope other gulf countries follow with their reforms. But I also must say there are still much work must be done to improve the life for immigrant workers. They deserve more and better.
Jeez ... Have you ever thought that a short sentence/paragraph of your own has more effect than a c&p pile of someone else's junk?

We will be sold, eventually, to some multi-billionare or state, or consortium. It is inevitable and there is nothing that we can do about it.

prateik

Jassim isnt getting the money from his dad.. all bark, no bite..

Jimmy is the real deal..

prateik

From April this year,
I knew things were bad.. but dear lord..
The needed permission to leave the country and needed permission to change jobs..
sounds like a lovely place.

Giggsyking

I knew things were bad.. but dear lord..
The needed permission to leave the country and needed permission to change jobs..
sounds like a lovely place.
Off course it is. But it is miles better now. But more change is needed, they cant continue with the same laws and at the same time expect to be part of the international community. To be honest it is also unfair to totally blame them after gaining independence only 5 decades ago and expect them to modernise the country with a heart beat, you can not compare Qatar with other ME countries with rich history like Iraq and Egypt to expect them to change that fast.

dpansheth

Jassim isnt getting the money from his dad.. all bark, no bite..

Jimmy is the real deal..
Yup. Seems like it. Be careful what you wish for is my gut feeling. Seems “fight for CL” is our destiny for next decade or more. This aint no NFL where half competent owners can still win superbowl on budget. Oh well, been supporting bulls, ferrari and United from last 29 years. What 10 years more in a big scheme of things.

DOTA

Yup. Seems like it. Be careful what you wish for is my gut feeling. Seems “fight for CL” is our destiny for next decade or more. This aint no NFL where half competent owners can still win superbowl on budget. Oh well, been supporting bulls, ferrari and United from last 29 years. What 10 years more in a big scheme of things.
I think we'll be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.