Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glasgow 21

It could just be down the Ratcliffe letting the Glazers have something as opposed to Qatar wanting them out completely.
Is this case that the Glaziers have cleverly manipulated Sir Jim along. They knew he couldn't bid the 6B but decided to accept the half +1 % to keep him in running as a lead pony to flush out the best bid from the Qatari. My fear is though if the Qatari do fire in the 6B and they don't accept that will be it and they will walk by which time Sir Jim might have already withdrew.

Giggsyking

Which makes it distasteful at best to be spending billions on football teams.
What do expect of SJ? He is not the Qatari state and he cant make any reforms, he is just a wealthy banker.

I personally do not believe the Qatari state is backing him and I base my opinion on nothing but my observation. If they are backing him it is far from the PSG model backing. The amount of coverage PSG got while in process of takeover was enormous, it is almost uncomparable to Man utd story, it barley gets mentions in their media. It gets mentiined, but miles less compared to the PSG takeover (at that time they made it clear in the media that the state is taking over). This is just my opinion based on my observation.

Dion

Is this case that the Glaziers have cleverly manipulated Sir Jim along. They knew he couldn't bid the 6B but decided to accept the half +1 % to keep him in running as a lead pony to flush out the best bid from the Qatari. My fear is though if the Qatari do fire in the 6B and they don't accept that will be it and they will walk by which time Sir Jim might have already withdrew.
This is quite the conspiracy theory.
What do expect of SJ? He is not the Qatari state and he cant make any reforms, he is just a wealthy banker.

I personally do not believe the Qatari state is backing him and I base my opinion on nothing but my observation. If they are backing him it is far from the PSG model backing. The amount of coverage PSG got while in process of takeover was enormous, it is almost uncomparable to Man utd story, it barley gets mentions in their media. It gets mentiined, but miles less compared to the PSG takeover (at that time they made it clear in the media that the state is taking over). This is just my opinion based on my observation.
The only source of wealth in Qatar capable of funding the United purchase is the sovereign wealth funds. He's a member of the royal family which controls said fund. It's the Qatari state.

Member 125398

The argument of state or not has gone round in circles so many times, it's pointless revisiting as it can't be proven either way. He is a senior member of the ruling family however. If it's not a state bid then everyone's assumptions about pots of money that are 'best for the club' are completely incorrect.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy

If he's not state backed it seems extremely unlikely he has the money to not only buy 100% of Manchester United but then further invest vast sums in to it. We would be nuts to want anything to do with him.

He very obviously is state backed though.

glasgow 21

If only the pro qatar folk had even a fraction of the same concerns for the migrant workers instead of some random old man holding a sign
Think your missing the point. I'm 50.1 pro Qatari as they are so far the only game in town who look like they will clear the debt. So I take it from that I am not concerned about migrant workers ?. Firstly if the Glaziers were not to fecking greedy there might be a few more choices in town. Hey they might have even sat down a choose a suitable custodian to take the club onto the next level sold it and bowed out. Unfortunately for everyone this isn't how the world turns . I want to see the back of the Glaziers, I want to watch my team be competitive and leave the politics at the door for an hour and half. If that makes me a bad human being, well so be it. Same as western policies is forcing me to towards battery technology from lithium dug out in hell hole conditions in places like the DR Congo controlled by dubious governments. I have said all along we are ants fighting over which dog take us to town today, When the dust settles on ownership and actions sanctioned on what ever debt clearance/ renovations then I and everyone should sit back and have a conversation with themselves on whatever moral stance they have make a simple choice, continue to support the team or don't. The mudslinging own way other at this time really is breath you will need one day.

downxandxout

Supports Manc...ini
Whether it's Jim or Jassim, I hope we can all raise a glass to each other soon. We all want the best for the club and getting the Glazers out of power is worth celebrating regardless of the victor (Lindelof).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Whether it's Jim or Jassim, I hope we can all raise a glass to each other soon. We all want the best for the club and getting the Glazers out of power is worth celebrating regardless of the victor (Lindelof).
And lets hope it all concludes soon to avoid disrupting the transfer window.

Bert_

Off course it is. But it is miles better now. But more change is needed, they cant continue with the same laws and at the same time expect to be part of the international community. To be honest it is also unfair to totally blame them after gaining independence only 5 decades ago and expect them to modernise the country with a heart beat, you can not compare Qatar with other ME countries with rich history like Iraq and Egypt to expect them to change that fast.
Only 50 years ago? Just a heart beat.

Sir Erik ten Hag

The only source of wealth in Qatar capable of funding the United purchase is the sovereign wealth funds. He's a member of the royal family which controls said fund. It's the Qatari state.
If it's the Qataris state themselves, would they be having this much trouble over 6 billions? That's chump change to them.

Water Melon

Why are the majority here so sure that it is game over for Qataris? To me it looks like the Glazer's mindgames. Leak to the media that Ratcliffe is in pole position now, thus force Jassim's camp to increase their bid and get it done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarrou

Why are the majority here so sure that it is game over for Qataris? To me it looks like the Glazer's mindgames. Leak to the media that Ratcliffe is in pole position now thus force Jassim's camp to increase their bid and get it done.
yeah it’s pretty clear what’s happening

they are waiting for the Qatari’s to cave

OmarUnited4ever

Only 50 years ago? Just a heart beat.
I am not pro Qatar, but I know Qatar and the region, Qatar in particular was really undeveloped until the previous Emir toppled his father in 1995, in the 70s & 80s, and up to the 90s, it was desert, except for small town called Doha!

OmarUnited4ever

If it's the Qataris state themselves, would they be having this much trouble over 6 billions? That's chump change to them.
It definitely is backed by the state, no one is Qatar is organically wealthy, what I mean is, no one is wealthy in Qatar without either being from the ruling family that controls the state's wealth, or being backed by the state (for e.g. doing lucrative business deals with the state), Qatar is too small and the only thing going for it is the Oil & Gas.

Sir Erik ten Hag

It definitely is backed by the state, no one is Qatar is organically wealthy, what I mean is, no one is wealthy in Qatar without either being from the ruling family that controls the state's wealth, or being backed by the state (for e.g. doing lucrative business deals with the state), Qatar is too small and the only thing going for it is the Oil & Gas.
Then why are they having this much trouble over just 6 billions?

Gurtej

I know one thing, irrespective of whoever comes, this season they would want to make a mark in transfer market. As long we have done background work on our targets and selling process is done soon, we will hopefully have a good window.

P.S.: I am pro Qatar but wouldn't mid RC as long as he clears the debt and don't take money out of the club.

croadyman

I am pro Jassim too but I am not too sure anymore. If he can't compete with SJR in offering the Glazer's something more lucrative, how will be write off the debt, build us a new stadium, install competent people to run the club, and invest money in our squad?

Seems like he isn't really a front for the Qatari regime, we just assumed it. He is probably an individual who is way out of his depth right now.
Yeah I have the exact same concerns,as I said a couple of days ago there seems to be so much mystery around Jassim and his source of funds

croadyman

If he's not state backed it seems extremely unlikely he has the money to not only buy 100% of Manchester United but then further invest vast sums in to it. We would be nuts to want anything to do with him.

He very obviously is state backed though.
Yeah no chance he could afford to buy us in a million years if the state wasn't backing him

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I'm not bothered which of them it is now. Both have positives and negatives, but neither are the Glazers.

Just want some progress soon so we can get things moving this summer and bring in our key targets

croadyman

They are also shrewd business people, they wouldn't just throw billions from the get go, they will still negotiate the best deal for them, they might think it is not worth paying 6b
Like someone else said they need to be careful that the leeches don't do deal with INEOS

croadyman

I'm not bothered which of them it is now. Both have positives and negatives, but neither are the Glazers.

Just want some progress soon so we can get things moving this summer and bring in our key targets
Yeah that is very true

ForeverRed1

If it’s Jim then the glazers are staying and get another payday from us down the line, so that’s not strictly true.

doomy20

Why are the majority here so sure that it is game over for Qataris? To me it looks like the Glazer's mindgames. Leak to the media that Ratcliffe is in pole position now, thus force Jassim's camp to increase their bid and get it done.
I don’t think it’s possible anymore to raise new bids.

redNATION

Of course it is, this is a private sale by the Glazers, the rules of the auction are entirely set by them (the case with any private company sale), they can call off the process and decide to sell to someone who hasn’t even been in the process yet if they come in with a ridiculous offer.

Water Melon

I do not believe that it would be a problem for Jassim to submit a better bid if he wanted to. The Glazer's are trying to get as much money as they can get, and could not care less about deadlines. Moreover, I doubt there are any concrete deadlines.

Son

Yeah I have the exact same concerns,as I said a couple of days ago there seems to be so much mystery around Jassim and his source of funds
I think a lot of us fans are feeling similar now. If Qatar has the cash I would welcome them but they’ve given me very little indication despite the promises they can fullfill it.

End of the day we want the club to be safe. Jim despite his short comings has the capital and its proven. The club will be safe and our debt is no longer an issue.

This is still a win considering the circumstances of the past 18 years. We’ve seen some owners take great football clubs, come in unknown and completely destroy the thing once their funding is taken away somehow.

We know with Jim that won’t happen.

Cantona in disguise

I think a lot of us fans are feeling similar now. If Qatar has the cash I would welcome them but they’ve given me very little indication despite the promises they can fullfill it.

End of the day we want the club to be safe. Jim despite his short comings has the capital and its proven. The club will be safe and our debt is no longer an issue.

This is still a win considering the circumstances of the past 18 years. We’ve seen some owners take great football clubs, come in unknown and completely destroy the thing once their funding is taken away somehow.

We know with Jim that won’t happen.
The only thing that concerns me about Jim is that he comes in and uses no value in the market line. We have to be careful etc. I am not saying Qatar will be great owners as we do not know much about them.

I just want whoever comes in to put football first. Wouldn't that be nice. Can't wait to see the back of the glazers

doomy20

Of course it is, this is a private sale by the Glazers, the rules of the auction are entirely set by them (the case with any private company sale), they can call off the process and decide to sell to someone who hasn’t even been in the process yet if they come in with a ridiculous offer.
Okay thanks for clarifying, I thought that was some strictly sorted process

Status
Not open for further replies.