Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevoc

I responded to exactly what you wrote. You expressed that you couldn't understand how people could be affected by Brexit and not be upset at SJR. I just explained to you that very few people voted in favor of Brexit not understanding it could very well get shaky for some time. Virtually every pro-Brexiteer understands this but a large chunk of remainers just refuse to because they are too busy being bitter over the result of a 7 year old referendum which they took personally, that their own personal opinion did not hold up in a democratic referendum.
:lol:

Very few people had a clue what they were voting for for and against Brexit. Mostly because there wasn't enough time for the public in general to be educated on the subject. And large sections of the media flat out lied about fairytale benefits of Brexit. Add to that pro Brexit politicians promising unicorns because most of them didn't even understand the ramifications of a leave vote winning. Proven by 6 years later and it still isn't sorted properly.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Everything is relative. If Qatar deserves the word atrocious, then I don’t think words exists for some countries you might have no objection visiting or doing business in if the opportunity came to you.
The countries I visit don't ban gay people from just being themselves. They don't allow migrants to just needlessly die in a modern day slavery operation either.

You're exactly who we are all referring to.
You're trying to excuse them because they have money and lots of if. That's all it is. At least admit it.

They are not comparable to most other countries I visit because they don't have to abide by communal laws like many other countries do. They make their own laws and answer to nobody and when Amnesty international come calling they just tell them where to go essentially.

If Qatar were like Spain, Portugal or France for example where I do like to Holiday......i'd be 100% behind their bid.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
pretty concerning. A match going fan with a Qatar fan at OT and some pro freedom of speech pro democracy pro Ratcliffe fan tried taking it off him

Imagine whoring yourself out for free to a country that isn't yours in the name of football :lol:

Braindead.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
The countries I visit don't ban gay people from just being themselves. They don't allow migrants to just needlessly die in a modern day slavery operation either.

You're exactly who we are all referring to.
You're trying to excuse them because they have money and lots of if. That's all it is. At least admit it.

They are not comparable to most other countries I visit because they don't have to abide by communal laws like many other countries do. They make their own laws and answer to nobody and when Amnesty international come calling they just tell them where to go essentially.

If Qatar were like Spain, Portugal or France for example where I do like to Holiday......i'd be 100% behind their bid.
Spot on.

People falling over themselves doing mental gymnastics so they can get on board with a backwards, evil sportswashing campaign. All so they can win a few football games.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
pretty concerning. A match going fan with a Qatar fan at OT and some pro freedom of speech pro democracy pro Ratcliffe fan tried taking it off him

What an absolute geebag bringing a Qatar flag to a United game. That is so mind-blowingly cringey and disgusting. "I want to be like City and Newcastle".

Christ almighty. That post has actually given me the heebie jeebies. It makes me so uncomfortable to see someone, out in public, who thinks they are helping, so clearly and massively misunderstand the club and it's history/traditions. Is this what people mean when they say a tweet has given them AIDS?

Edit: Looking at yer mans twitter some more I'd say he might not be all there, so I'll refrain from further comment.

Last edited:

whitbyviking

That ineos are barely the shining beacon of morality themselves and they’re absolutely horrible to the environment?
You do realise the same environmental concerns can be leveled at Qatar.

As for Ineos, since you are so very concerned about the environment, are you saying that you wouldn't use any of the products below (as they are some of what Ineos, and other petrochem companies, produce)

• Solvents used in the production of insulin, antibiotics and vital vaccinations;
  • The key raw materials for carbon fibre, making transport lighter and stronger;
  • Chlorine to purify drinking water;
  • Synthetic oils that help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from road transportation;
  • Modern plastics to package, protect and preserve food & drink;
  • Materials to insulate houses, offices, electrical and telecommunications cables; and
  • Products essential for renewable energy technology.

OrcaFat

What an absolute geebag bringing a Qatar flag to a United game. That is so mind-blowingly cringey and disgusting. "I want to be like City and Newcastle".

Christ almighty. That post has actually given me the heebie jeebies. I have genuine pins and needles now. Is this what people mean when they say a tweet has given them AIDS?
I never heard anyone say that but it’s in poor taste.

I don’t like the idea of bringing the flag but also don’t like people trying to take it.

This is all bizarre and unpleasant.

TheLoveless

Very few people had a clue what they were voting for for and against Brexit. Mostly because there wasn't enough time for the public in general to be educated on the subject. And large sections of the media flat out lied about fairytale benefits of Brexit. Add to that pro Brexit politicians promising unicorns because most of them didn't even understand the ramifications of a leave vote winning. Proven by 6 years later and it still isn't sorted properly.
You’ve taken the bold part out of context. What I am saying is that they understood it could well be shaky.

Not sure what you mean by educated. In a democracy it should be the responsibility if the people to educate themselves and then elect appropriate politicians to serve them. This does not happen, as I presume we agree, and instead people elect politicians based on whatever We promises and then the politicians educate them according to their agenda.

Regarding lies, I cannot argue against that but there was equally many lies from remaine media.

To my awareness there’s always been a resentment towards the EU and this grew steadily over the past decades. I am saying that the resentment was not based on racism.

It’s been 3 years, not 6. That’s a blink of an eye in the grand scheme of things. Give it more time.

Bosws87

Jim could end up looking very silly here.

If he doesn’t get it, not only has he pissed off loads of people by agreeing to keep the glazer on (irrelevant if they have control or not) people hear what they want to hear, the damage is done.

it looks like it’s been set up to use him as a pawn.

Could be totally off it and the deal goes through but it’s dragging on too long now.

Its all gone Shane Long

To me this is all down to the possibility that the Super League idea is far from dead. I think the leeches in Florida are giving Jim a good deal so that they can stay on in a non-controlling capacity to rinse us of more money if and when the SL comes in. They are reluctant to spell out what they want exactly right now, sell or stay.

It’s either give us the $6Billion we asked for or we stay and take our dividends, especially for SL and for new CL format and tv rights

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I never heard anyone say that but it’s in poor taste.

I don’t like the idea of bringing the flag but also don’t like people trying to take it.

This is all bizarre and unpleasant.
In general I feel you and get the sentiment - I'd usually be the same. Allow people to have and show their differing opinions and all that.

In this case, I just think it just shows so much ignorance. That a person can go to a football game, for a club born out of a working class train station in the north of England, brandishing a flag for a sportswashing project for an oil nation. A sportswashing project bred to normalize archaic ideas like homophobia/slavery/sexism/racism. Things that our society has worked for decades to fight against. And here is this prick, out in the public, with that flag, for a country that actively participates in all of these heinous activities.

The scary thing isn't that there are gowls that think this is acceptable - that's always the way. Gowls exist. The scary thing is that he feels secure and supported to go air those views in public and think he's entitled to not get challenged.

Marcelinho87

6 billion is still over-priced. They want to make money not throw it away.

Caving to demands sends a clear message to other businesses they try to purchase.
And all future transfers, infrastructure contracts and so on.. it's dominos you don't want falling.

stevoc

You’ve taken the bold part out of context. What I am saying is that they understood it could well be shaky.
I disagree with that mate, I followed Brexit closely at the time and since and for at least the first 2-3 years before/after the vote. Large sections of the leave vote thought Brexit would make everything better.

Not sure what you mean by educated. In a democracy it should be the responsibility if the people to educate themselves and then elect appropriate politicians to serve them. This does not happen, as I presume we agree, and instead people elect politicians based on whatever We promises and then the politicians educate them according to their agenda.
Yeah but most people are too busy with work, kids and watching Love Island. So it was far too important a vote to put top the public without clearly explaining the ramifications. No one really knew what brexit meant, and to many including politicians it meant different things. For a start I heard virtually nothing about how it would affect Northern Ireland in the mainstream British media. And yet not only has it jeopardised the peace process it was one of the main stumbling blocks to Brexit even being implemented to this day.

Regarding lies, I cannot argue against that but there was equally many lies from remaine media.
True to an extent but one side of the lies duped people into voting for something to make their lives more difficult.

To my awareness there’s always been a resentment towards the EU and this grew steadily over the past decades. I am saying that the resentment was not based on racism.

It’s been 3 years, not 6. That’s a blink of an eye in the grand scheme of things. Give it more time.
Mostly fueled by British exceptionalism/xenophobia, the British right wing media and successive governments blaming everything on the EU boogeyman. Not all leave voters were racist but all racists who voted will have voted leave.

Anyway this isn't a thread for debating Brexit mate so lets leave it there.

HarryP

This is true. I remember most pro Brexit campaigners talked up Norway as a good Brexit model before the referendum and it was cited as a reason why people should be confident in voting leave. But once they won, they realised that Norway take a lot of EU rules without a seat at the table and suddenly that option became a 'betrayal' and was worse than remain :lol: It was fairly clear that most Brexit supporting politicians (and obviously voters too) didn't have a notion as to the practicalities of the whole thing and only had a vague understanding of how the EU works.

In saying that, there were a significant number of middle-aged and older individuals who typically make wise judgments and chose to support leave. It's a situation where those who had strong emotional opposition to the idea of shared sovereignty often allowed their emotions to dominate their thinking and disregarded the potential practical consequences.

SirAF

Ageist
This is true. I remember most pro Brexit campaigners talked up Norway as a good Brexit model before the referendum and it was cited as a reason why people should be confident in voting leave. But once they won, they realised that Norway take a lot of EU rules without a seat at the table and suddenly that option became a 'betrayal' and was worse than remain :lol: It was fairly clear that most Brexit supporting politicians (and obviously voters too) didn't have a notion as to the practicalities of the whole thing and only had a vague understanding of how the EU works.

In saying that, there were a significant number of middle-aged and older individuals who typically make wise judgments and chose to support leave. It's a situation where those who had strong emotional opposition to the idea of shared sovereignty often allowed their emotions to dominate their thinking and disregarded the potential practical consequences.
Exactly :lol:

As a pro-EU Norwegian I am furious that we, thanks to nationalistic twats, are not full members of the EU and thus have very little say.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Still no concrete update on a sale?
Looks like this is gonna drag and feck up our summer :(

I'd prefer Qatar personally but have no problem with SJR, just get the Glazers out (or with minimal influence)

redshaw

Even Jeremy Corbyn didn't know the basic EU rules relating to FOM and trade.

For 6 months in the run up I was hoping for clear details to be outlined so the public could get an idea.

OrcaFat

In general I feel you and get the sentiment - I'd usually be the same. Allow people to have and show their differing opinions and all that.

In this case, I just think it just shows so much ignorance. That a person can go to a football game, for a club born out of a working class train station in the north of England, brandishing a flag for a sportswashing project for an oil nation. A sportswashing project bred to normalize archaic ideas like homophobia/slavery/sexism/racism. Things that our society has worked for decades to fight against. And here is this prick, out in the public, with that flag, for a country that actively participates in all of these heinous activities.

The scary thing isn't that there are gowls that think this is acceptable - that's always the way. Gowls exist. The scary thing is that he feels secure and supported to go air those views in public and think he's entitled to not get challenged.
Education is the way (not theft!) but I agree it was a weird thing to do and even if, truly, low on intelligence and awareness, should surely expect to be challenged.

Cantona in disguise

Even Jeremy Corbyn didn't know the basic EU rules relating to FOM and trade.

For 6 months in the run up I was hoping for clear details to be outlined so the public could get an idea.
Not to jump in heavily on the done to death brexit debate but in the end it became tribal. Those that voted remain have never accepted the result and rolled up their sleeves and supported it. If the result was the other way the leave voters would have been expected to shut up and get on with it. Much like the Scots and their independence vote.

This take over will end up being similar pro Qataris will want Jim to fail just so they can be proved right and the same for pro Jim. Always tell my son that the Internet was an amazing invention but it gave a platform to egos and I'm right your wrong. Tiring society nowadays. Rant over.

Reactions: 711

Sir Erik ten Hag

Not to jump in heavily on the done to death brexit debate but in the end it became tribal. Those that voted remain have never accepted the result and rolled up their sleeves and supported it. If the result was the other way the leave voters would have been expected to shut up and get on with it. Much like the Scots and their independence vote.

This take over will end up being similar pro Qataris will want Jim to fail just so they can be proved right and the same for pro Jim. Always tell my son that the Internet was an amazing invention but it gave a platform to egos and I'm right your wrong. Tiring society nowadays. Rant over.
Thought Cantona would have a fiercer rant than this.

HarryP

I don't think this is true. When Leave won in 2016, there was a general acceptance that the result would be carried out and the both main parties and 90% of MPs voted to trigger Article 50 (which set in train the process of leaving).

The difficulties came when it became quite clear during negotiations with the EU that pro Brexit politicians were winging it all along. They had no plan, were completely out of their depth, were reckless in advocating no deal with the EU and had a complete disregard for the problems created in Northern Ireland/Ireland. Obviously the people who voted remain were not just going to sit quietly by while watching these charlatans steer the titanic into the iceberg.

Cantona in disguise

I don't think this is true. When Leave won in 2016, there was a general acceptance that the result would be carried out and the both main parties and 90% of MPs voted to trigger Article 50 (which set in train the process of leaving).

The difficulties came when it became quite clear during negotiations with the EU that pro Brexit politicians were winging it all along. They had no plan, were completely out of their depth, were reckless in advocating no deal with the EU and had a complete disregard for the problems created in Northern Ireland/Ireland. Obviously the people who voted remain were not just going to sit quietly by while watching these charlatans steer the titanic into the iceberg.
I'm not going to debate heavily as its been done to death but I'd just like to say the first paragraph is absolute rubbish. The second has some elements of truth.

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
True only for a minority, hopefully.

I don't trust the INEOS people an inch, I think they're out to make money out of us, but if they win I will be delighted to be proved completely wrong even on day one, with announcements of improvements left right and centre.

Woziak

Then why are they having this much trouble over just 6 billions?
Listen to yourself just 6 billions ?
It’s not just £6 billion, you then have to add the debt which is £665m so we have a price of £6.65bn, then you need to add transfer debt and starting a clean slate another £300m and then you the transfer budget for next two transfer windows £500m because they will only be able to spend that big under new FFP this summer and next summer.

That’s £7.5bn before you’ve even even considered infrastructure, training complex and stadium investment ?

Let’s not kid ourselves this is a £10bn investment over 4 years with no return until 2026/27 at the earliest. They are not a charity, even states want some form of ROI and United could only do that with yearly turnovers of £800-900m and a 100,000 all seater state of the art stadium watching a title wining side. No debt, no dividends, no interest payments to service the debt and the club could make £200m profits a year which means they might get their investment back in 2077 !!!

Cantona in disguise

I don't trust the INEOS people an inch, I think they're out to make money out of us, but if they win I will be delighted to be proved completely wrong even on day one, with announcements of improvements left right and centre.
I'm inclined to agree with you I'm concerned they will just use us for the money. With the Qatar bid I have no idea what they plan to do so not saying they will be better. I just want the best for the club.

I want My lad to see the glory days I was lucky enough to see. Even half of what we was lucky to witness between 92 and 2012.

whitbyviking

Excellent rant. No matter how egregious people thought Brexit was, the "no" vote in Scotland, or Jim/Qatar will be, the situation is made much worse when people actively try to thwart these decisions instead of making the best of what they consider a bad situation.

Andy_Cole

It depends on what INEOS/ Qatar do. Let's summarise the key faults of the Glazers:

1. Taking £1bn out of the club in dividends and interest repayments
2. Negligence in squad build - they allowed Ed Woodward to rule for 10 years with a money making hat on, not a football hat on. Many, many mistakes occurred. A lot of wastage of money. Giving funds only to get in the CL and not to take us further. Could write a book on this.
3. Negligence on infrastructure - Stadium and facilities going downhill

Simply put if the new owners didn't take a penny out the club on divi and interest, plus worked on point 2 especially and brought in a proper football structure in the club most would be happy. Point 3 would be a bonus.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

WTF does “rolling up sleeves and supporting” a terrible decision even look like? Deliberately living in denial that it was a terrible decision, despite mounting evidence that it was a terrible decision? Like, practically, what could Leave voters have done since the referendum to make Brexit any less shit?

Getting back on topic, there’s no fan vote here. Whatever happens is out of our hands. We’ve had shitty owners for a very long time and will soon be owned by less shitty owners. So that’s indisputably a good thing, whoever wins the bid.

Unlike Brexit…

Castia

If it's the Qataris state themselves, would they be having this much trouble over 6 billions? That's chump change to them.
Its 6B for the club then a further 700m payment of debts then a further 1B+ for the stadium before we even set foot in the transfer market it’s a massive outlay of money that Jim will scrape and borrow to try and provide with his 2-3B investment for 50% of the club

Its like Qatar are being criticised for not stumping upwards of 8B quid whilst Jim keeps the Glazers on and commits to 3B is being praised

Mind boggling to me. There’s barely any interest for the club because it’s priced unrealistically. 5B is a world record fee for a sports franchise but United needs closer to 7-8B because of the fecking mess the club as been left in.

whitbyviking

The history of Ineos in sport shows they are in it for anything but the money - cycling team, running events, Lausanne, yachting.

If you want to be worried the bid by Sheikh Jassim is either a state bid, or one backed by private investors, one of whom you would expect to be his father, who already said he doesn't like the investment but will just each investment on it's merit. Does this sound like philanthropy or a passion project to you.

I'd be much more confident SJR and the 2 other Ineos owners are not in it for the money, than I would a group of faceless investors from the Middle East, the apparent main of which is already being relatively negative about the whole deal.

Hal9000

You do realise the same environmental concerns can be leveled at Qatar.

As for Ineos, since you are so very concerned about the environment, are you saying that you wouldn't use any of the products below (as they are some of what Ineos, and other petrochem companies, produce)

• Solvents used in the production of insulin, antibiotics and vital vaccinations;
  • The key raw materials for carbon fibre, making transport lighter and stronger;
  • Chlorine to purify drinking water;
  • Synthetic oils that help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from road transportation;
  • Modern plastics to package, protect and preserve food & drink;
  • Materials to insulate houses, offices, electrical and telecommunications cables; and
  • Products essential for renewable energy technology.
It's not what they make is the issue, it's more of the breaking of environmental rules, constant violations of emissions rules (176 between 2014-2017 at Middleborough plant) the dumping of chemicals (caustic soda in the manchester ship canel), releasing of toxis gases (where several people in Belguim had to be hospilitised) and numerious other rules broken in the UK and through the world. He also campaigned for Brexit mainly so he could get away from EU environmental rules, threatened to close sites and fire everyone if the govement didn't exempt his company from enviromental regulations.

Yes the stuff they make is needed, his blatent disregard for rules and regulations to protect the environment isn't.

Andy_Cole

It's not what they make is the issue, it's more of the breaking of environmental rules, constant violations of emissions rules (176 between 2014-2017 at Middleborough plant) the dumping of chemicals (caustic soda in the manchester ship canel), releasing of toxis gases (where several people in Belguim had to be hospilitised) and numerious other rules broken in the UK and through the world. He also campaigned for Brexit mainly so he could get away from EU environmental rules, threatened to close sites and fire everyone if the govement didn't exempt his company from enviromental regulations.

Yes the stuff they make is needed, his blatent disregard for rules and regulations to protect the environment isn't.
A poster told me ‘Shame on you’ for bringing this up as it’s incomparable to what Qatar do apparently. Apparently because Sir Jim is English it’s okay to do this stuff. This is also the tone of the media so I don’t blame redcafe posters. Propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.