Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
What’s the point if it’s still below what SJR is offering the Glazers?
Isn’t it the case that SJR is buying 51% for 3bn something? Whereas the Qatari’s are looking for the full stake instantly.

So even though SJR ‘values’ the club higher, Qatar will pay more upfront for full control.

May be wrong but that’s what my understanding is.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Well, can't see the Glazers leaving if the valuation is below Ratcliffe, unless Brexit Jim's money won't be paid up front like the Qatari's.

Tiber

Even if we end up with the shitty option, it feels like we are finally moving towards a conclusion one way or the other

Ahriman

Qatar isn't going to waste time bidding less than Jim, what's the point if they haven't got anything to tempt them to sell? They're not buffoons. Also there's the under the table incentives that they can offer, Buccs tour in Qatar for instance. It's not done yet.

Mmm-Qatarian

Feck, was hoping this wouldn't happen personally. Can't say it's a surprise, though. I didn't think that Jassim would give it up without one last play.

cyberman

Well, can't see the Glazers leaving if the valuation is below Ratcliffe, unless Brexit Jim's money won't be paid up front like the Qatari's.
To be fair why would they submit a new offer if they weren’t pushed to?
Does Jim get a say? Is it the 11th hour when there no fecking clock to this?

bstb3

Lots of people assuming that its all about the pure share price valuation. It's not that simple. Cash now at a lower per share price can be worth more than cash in a few years at a higher per share price. Not just due to inflationary factors, but also the ability to reinvest the cash now and earn a return that could outstrip the Sir Jim future promise. Don't be so naive to assume that the bankers and financiers looking at this will be won over by something so basic as an overall valuation. It looks good on tweets, but thats about it. There is a lot more complexity and nuance than that.

It's very unlikely that anyone with an ounce of sense would come back with a late offer that was still inferior overall than the (likely) known competition. There will be angles, it will just be about how Raine / Qatar / Glazers feel about them.

Reactions: Sultan

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Avram staying at that hotel was significant. I’m calling it. Face to face negotiations with Avram guiding them on a price all the siblings are likely to accept.

ShinjiNinja26

I wonder if the Qatari’s are offering the Glazers a pathway to open up new business opportunities in Qatar or some sort of joint venture in the future. There must be some sort of incentive for them to accept their offer if it’s still less than INEOS are offering them for their shares.

Tiber

Guess Glazer turning up at their hotel yesterday wasn't a coincidence afterall

dpansheth

someone smarter than me explain this logic from SJ to me? like I am a 5 year old. They wont submit the bid unless they were told it would be considered.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Not sure where we would get further twists from, at this point.

Hopefully we get the news the process of selling to INEOS is officially starting in the coming days.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
someone smarter than me explain this logic from SJ to me? like I am a 5 year old. They wont submit the bid unless they were told it would be considered.
Potentially they're working with a budget given to them by someone who is not particularly interested in them being successful and are playing their final card even though they suspect it will be futile.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Significantly increased yet still below Jim's bid. How much did they offer originally? 2b?
Depends if they want to sell now for the full amount of money Jassim is offering or taking less money now and staying with some shares.

Jim isn’t offering to buy the whole club now.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
If the new Qatar bid still values the club less than the INEOS bid then it doesn't matter. Glazers will go with the bid that suits them best, not the club.

RedDevilUnited369

There is no “11th hour bid” that isn’t compelling. We might be in the end game.

The next ten pages will be amusing. Arguing and crying. Then the moral argument. The people that don’t understand why Jim is offering more and what that deal means for the future of the club.

I’ll be lurking :lol:

Reactions: Sultan

cyberman

Avram was pictured coming out of their owned hotel last week under the guise of watching the woman’s cup final.
I’m guessing they’ve been told they’ll get a slightly lower offer for the optics but some bumper deal down the line.
Glazers can then say they did what was best for the club by taking less money but leaves no debt and they feck off back to the states with a weak PR win.
That’s my read, right or wrong.

dpansheth

Potentially they're working with a budget given to them by someone who is not particularly interested in them being successful and are playing their final card even though they suspect it will be futile.
doesn't sound logical to me. no one plays around with this kind of offer. Given all of these reptiles move in the same circles.

ShinjiNinja26

The 'take it or leave it' offer still being lower than the guy who hasn't got the money is hilarious.
He still doesn’t have the money to go toe to toe on a full sale. I’m sure if Qatar went down the same road as Ratcliffe has by only bidding for their shares this would have been wrapped up long ago.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I always laugh when I read that the Qatar bid will include clearing the debt as if the current owners give a flying f*ck.

Dobba

So, according to the apparently ITK sources, during this process the Qatar bid has gone from £5bn, to being increased to £5bn, to being increased to £5bn and now it's been increased again to close to £5bn.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
They don’t structure corporate sales on the never never like they do with football transfers. This will be a cash deal, only alternative would be if he paid with INEOS stock but I don’t think that’s likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.