Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anders Agnalt

United need to start the transfer process much earlier. We start too late and argue and discuss over 3 million and end up paying an extra 30 million because the other party gets annoyed. Start earlier and work on multiple transfers at once, get it done, and start the preseason with a full squad! That's at least what I hope will happen after the sale, regardless of who the new owners are.

Castia

Jim’s been leaking bits to the press this whole time I think Qatar are doing their bit now

Like I said earlier even if the deal was on the verge of completion they can’t/wont admit anything until the deal is done it’s literally illegal to do so.

BarryWinks

What's the record for the longest thread on the CAF by page #? Can see this breaking it.

"The worst threads live the longest"

Woziak

I don’t believe it’s the Sheikhs team pushing this narrative. Why would they potentially want to publicly be left with egg on their face by having outlets claim they’ve won only for Brexit Jimmy to be announced as the preferred candidate? Public humiliation doesn’t seem like the Qatari’s style.
It’s not, something has leaked early and should not have due to NDA’s there will be a lot of retraction today and then a silent leak later in the week. I still think right now this is more 65/35 in SJ favour although SJR being announced wouldn’t surprise me either !

ShinjiNinja26

If Sheikh Jassim is successful I expect the news to break on a US based media outlet first with the Glazers being Americans, the negotiations being handled partly by Bank of America employees on the Sheikhs behalf and the obvious ties the club has to the NYSE.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It’s not, something has leaked early and should not have due to NDA’s there will be a lot of retraction today and then a silent leak later in the week. I still think right now this is more 65/35 in SJ favour although SJR being announced wouldn’t surprise me either !
I think this has all stemmed from Twitter. Some no-mark ITK created a buzz on there a day or so ago, a few journalists referenced it, others referenced those papers, and so on.

Reminds me of when I think @Spoony created that Kaka transfer buzz that I'm pretty sure got picked up by UK media.

ShinjiNinja26

One things for sure the Glazers greed cannot be underestimated. This deal will go whichever way they want it to go based on how it benefits them. They’ll take as long as they want without a care for how it will affect the clubs summer business. It’s a literal 50/50 on who these parasites side with.

Lentwood

Why don't people stop and think before they get all emotional?

The Qatari's have been nailed on since the beginning of the process. SJR can just barely afford the club, the Qatari's have a bottomless pit of cash. The Glazers are using SJR and leaking about him being the favourite to ladle a bit more of the Qatari cash from the pot.

On the recent statement saying its pure speculation...again...absolute par for the course during an active negotiation. SJ will be breaking all of the NDAs if he announces early and leaking before paperwork is signed also weakens his negotiating position around any last minute changes.

Qatari's will buy United, no doubt in my mind about that

Spoony

The People's President
[
I think this has all stemmed from Twitter. Some no-mark ITK created a buzz on there a day or so ago, a few journalists referenced it, others referenced those papers, and so on.

Reminds me of when I think @Spoony created that Kaka transfer buzz that I'm pretty sure got picked up by UK media.

I thought it was tweeted by the chief editor of Al Watan which most people thought was owned by Jassim's dad? Surely that is a massive difference? It's a bit messy, but you expect shenanigans.

pocco

loco

The Qatari's have been nailed on since the beginning of the process. SJR can just barely afford the club, the Qatari's have a bottomless pit of cash. The Glazers are using SJR and leaking about him being the favourite to ladle a bit more of the Qatari cash from the pot.

On the recent statement saying its pure speculation...again...absolute par for the course during an active negotiation. SJ will be breaking all of the NDAs if he announces early and leaking before paperwork is signed also weakens his negotiating position around any last minute changes.

Qatari's will buy United, no doubt in my mind about that
Why don't you stop and think before you post?

Fr. Todd Unctious

Yep. There's defo something to this I reckon. As said previously there's things in place to stop the high profile stocks such as United from being easily manipulated just by talk on twitter.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics

...Qatari's will buy United, no doubt in my mind about that
While nothing is certain, the logic of this analysis is compelling and has been since the start. I agree with every word of it (with the get out clause that the Glazers are so greedy they might blow the whole thing up by accident.)

Why don't you stop and think before you post?
On the contrary the OP has engaged his brain perfectly. He should be applauded for clear thinking, not howled at by a tree full of muppet monkeys .

jm99

I agree with you. While im not from Manchester, i do appreciate the local roots of the club. I wish there were a way to avoid being bought out by any billionaire. The perfect owner would not be seen at all, and would just let the club work. That person doesnt exist.

Unfortunately, having a discussion about which owner to prefer, based on the human rights and morality of their country is a political discussion, and I would like to avoid it too. I just commented because I don't remember anyone lobbying against the glazers all these years because of the gun control laws in the US, or the multiple wars they were involved with. At the end of the day, my issue with the glazers is that they do not care about the club and they do not care if it is successful. they just drained it for personal gain. I would back the owner that guarantees Manchester united are competitive again. If Sir Jim could ensure that, i would be happy with him. I just agree with making the lack of human rights and morals an issue for one part of the world.
Isn't that basically exactly how city's owner works. Leaves all the football stuff to the football people and the manager, gives them the funding they need and has only showed up at 2 games since he bought them

pocco

loco
[

I thought it was tweeted by the chief editor of Al Watan which most people thought was owned by Jassim's dad? Surely that is a massive difference? It's a bit messy, but you expect shenanigans.
The al Watan tweet was just a comment on what is being said in the media. Which, I think, was poor UK sources commenting on speculation, which was largely on twitter?

Looks like Jassim's dad doesn't even own al Watan now? So probably not worth listening to at all really.

Woziak

One things for sure the Glazers greed cannot be underestimated. This deal will go whichever way they want it to go based on how it benefits them. They’ll take as long as they want without a care for how it will affect the clubs summer business. It’s a literal 50/50 on who these parasites side with.
Nah they want the money, all of it Class B, Class A future deals in Qatar follow the money this is 60/40 and I only give SJR 40 because he’s desperate for the club and had over bid against other INEOS board members advice, he could go draw out a £1bn from his current account and give them that on top right now?

Woziak

And share price has hardly shifted. Unless the gamblers are calling bluff.
No something leaked which had substance and due to NDA’s things are quickly being retracted , something happens at end of week now but silently

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
And share price has hardly shifted. Unless the gamblers are calling bluff.
It’s trending down. Still think it will settle between 21-22 today unless something else drops

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
The Glazers are using SJR and leaking about him being the favourite to ladle a bit more of the Qatari cash from the pot.
its incredible that people have worked all this out and Qatar never copped. How gullible are those Qatari's?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What an almighty shitshow. It's just one big feckin joke. And what's worse is it's my own fault for logging in
Anyone gullable to believe yesterday's nonsense Qatari media deserve to be sucker punched there.

There was never anything material, it was actually quite funny to see people guesstimating from it.

pocco

loco
While nothing is certain, the logic of this analysis is compelling and has been since the start. I agree with every word of it (with the get out clause that the Glazers are so greedy they might blow the whole thing up by accident.)

On the contrary the OP has engaged his brain perfectly. He should be applauded for clear thinking, not howled at by a tree full of muppet monkeys .
Wow, doubling down on somebody else's incorrect point and slinging insults. Big brain over here.

Spoony

The People's President
The al Watan tweet was just a comment on what is being said in the media. Which, I think, was poor UK sources commenting on speculation, which was largely on twitter?

Looks like Jassim's dad doesn't even own al Watan now? So probably not worth listening to at all really.

See....it's well messy. But according to most places it's owned by his dad. And that tweet was by the paper's editor he said The success of Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad bin Jassim’s acquisition of #مانشستر_يونايتد .. and the announcement of the deal soon.

It's all a bit bizarre, to be fair.

Lentwood

its incredible that people have worked all this out and Qatar never copped. How gullible are those Qatari's?
Who said they weren't also aware of exactly what was going on? It's standard fare for a negotiation. The buyer wants to set a ceiling and does not want to appear in a rush or desperate. The seller wants to create urgency and position alternative bids to force the price higher.

The Raine Group have been tasked with teasing out the best possible bid, and that is what they have been doing.

If the Glazers had wanted a quick sale, this could have been done 6 months ago for £4.5BN. By dragging this out and presenting a 2nd serious bidder, they have likely made about £500m or so extra.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Who said they weren't also aware of exactly what was going on? It's standard fare for a negotiation. The buyer wants to set a ceiling and does not want to appear in a rush or desperate. The seller wants to create urgency and position alternative bids to force the price higher.

The Raine Group have been tasked with teasing out the best possible bid, and that is what they have been doing.

If the Glazers had wanted a quick sale, this could have been done 6 months ago for £4.5BN. By dragging this out and presenting a 2nd serious bidder, they have likely made about £500m or so extra.
I wasnt sarcastic enough. If Ratcliffe wasnt a serious bidder with no hope of winning the Qatari's would be absolutely aware and wouldnt fall for scare tactics

johnnyteutonic

The Glazers run United like a parent forcing a child to clean his plate, even after they discover the food has gone off.

I've seen businesses run like this before. The boss will order some stock and then refuse to replace even if it turns out to be unfit for purpose. In the same way, Woodward would be told about gaps in the squad, and filled them based on scouting reports and data science. But if those scouting reports and data science later turned out to be wrong, he wouldn't admit his mistakes or correct them. He'd double down and force the manager to make-do instead.

What City have done differently is buy, then sell, then buy, then sell, then buy again until they get it right. Meanwhile at Old Trafford, we buy once and force every subsequent manager to work around any deficiencies. Only once the player has completing been drained of any confidence and value does he finally sell at a pittance.
We didn't even hire any data scientists until a couple of years ago.

cheekybackheel

Wow, this guy just gets it. Top red
I think he's living in an emotional dreamland myself. There's nothing 'top' about him at all.

He's basically saying if you support Qatar it's all about the money and fancy new toys, but if you're against Qatar it means you have morals and more of an emotional attachment, than those who support Qatar who "just don't get it".

Not only is he being patronising he's also completely wrong.

What's his alternative then? Because you often find with these self obsessed, taking-the-moral-high-ground ego warriors, that they never have a back up plan.
So what's the back-up plan for Manchester United if we don't get Qatar because of morals?
Do we go for a buyer who's "really really nice" and never hurts a fly, while living in an eco-friendly house made of sugar-free candy and completely carbon neutral....yipppeee!!! Let's hope they buy us and keep us morally beautiful even if we are languishing in mid-table every season, with no hope in hell of winning anything or playing CL football.

But hey, that's perfectly OK, because the owner can make some superb veggie muffins from their own organically grown garden for the players at half time.

We're Manchester United, the club with morals. Oh the joy!!!

FFS

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Anyone gullable to believe yesterday's nonsense Qatari media deserve to be sucker punched there.

There was never anything material, it was actually quite funny to see people guesstimating from it.
I blame that hopeless masochist who loves clutching at straws. He's having a laugh now

Status
Not open for further replies.