Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStarUnited

It absolutely is the issue, we've spent money under the Glazers but intermittently. Imagine how much better we'd have done with a proper striker this season instead of Ronaldo and weghorst? When pep came in city had aguero, de bruyne, David Silva already in the team and spent 500m over 2 summers. We've spent big when top 4 has been in danger then usually reigned the spending back in. Having owners who will happily give ten hag 250--300m every summer until we're title challengers will clearly make a difference to owners who spend that much when we drop put of the top 4 but don't bother investing further after we get back into the champions league
We have spent money without a plan and that to me is the Glazers biggest fault. They let Woodward have free reign at the club for a decade without implementing any sort of plan for the sporting side of the club.

80m on Maguire was stupid
50m on Wan Bisaka wa silly

jm99

We have spent money without a plan and that to me is the Glazers biggest fault. They let Woodward have free reign at the club for a decade without implementing any sort of plan for the sporting side of the club.

80m on Maguire was stupid
50m on Wan Bisaka wa silly
Yes we have wasted money but haven't city spent 60m and 50m on centre backs and full backs they don't even use?

jm99

If the Al-Thani bid is successful, the club will soon be part of this murky mess where no one knows who owns what, or who is ultimately in charge.
Definitely, over the last 20 years my biggest worry has been having owners where we don't know for certain whether or not their father owns a newspaper. I can't imagine anything worse

RedStarUnited

Yes we have wasted money but haven't city spent 60m and 50m on centre backs and full backs they don't even use?
And theres a flipside, City have sold relatively well. If Raheem Sterling played for United, we wouldn't have sold him last season let alone not for the great price they sold him for.

jm99

And theres a flipside, City have sold relatively well. If Raheem Sterling played for United, we wouldn't have sold him last season let alone not for the great price they sold him for.
Yeah it certainly makes the net spend figures look healthier. As a club we've been atrocious at selling players, though this predates Woodward, even under fergie I rarely remember us getting a good sale price

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I'm sniffing polyethylene while wearing a ghutra to keep the take over dream alive. I also keep a photo of Michael Knighton in my phone just in case.
luhg luhg luhg luhg. Anything but the Glazers.

Last edited:

Telsim

So, it was all crap, as I expected.

I think nothing has changed since last week and INEOS are still ahead, as it was reported by actually reliable sources.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
:lol::(:D:confused::):eek::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Presently feeling like this after reading most of the messages:confused:

Tarrou

Ineos are not ahead of anything

the Glazers have been feeding Sir Jimmy that line to squeeze Qatar

I wish it wasn't true but a nation state are not going to be outbid by Brexit Jim

Water Melon

Do people realize how important and strong al Watan are in Qatar? I would trust them over any other Western news outlet when it comes to Qatari sources.

Devil You Know

Yeah it certainly makes the net spend figures look healthier. As a club we've been atrocious at selling players, though this predates Woodward, even under fergie I rarely remember us getting a good sale price
The Glazers run United like a parent forcing a child to clean his plate, even after they discover the food has gone off.

I've seen businesses run like this before. The boss will order some stock and then refuse to replace even if it turns out to be unfit for purpose. In the same way, Woodward would be told about gaps in the squad, and filled them based on scouting reports and data science. But if those scouting reports and data science later turned out to be wrong, he wouldn't admit his mistakes or correct them. He'd double down and force the manager to make-do instead.

What City have done differently is buy, then sell, then buy, then sell, then buy again until they get it right. Meanwhile at Old Trafford, we buy once and force every subsequent manager to work around any deficiencies. Only once the player has completing been drained of any confidence and value does he finally sell at a pittance.

nainaisson

Do people realize how important and strong al Watan are in Qatar? I would trust them over any other Western news outlet when it comes to Qatari sources.
The weird thing is, they only posted a tweet and never posted a story on their website, that I know of at least.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
On this point, while community ownership or what have you is never going to happen, that doesn't mean we should just throw our hands up and say screw the whole thing. When it comes to connection with the city, Glazers to Ineos is a modest improvement, Glazers to SJ is, at best, a sideways step.
I agree with you. While im not from Manchester, i do appreciate the local roots of the club. I wish there were a way to avoid being bought out by any billionaire. The perfect owner would not be seen at all, and would just let the club work. That person doesnt exist.

Again, its a question of degrees. Firstly, its not America, its Britain we're talking about, since Ineos is a British company and so is its owner. I'd say its possible to think that Britain is flawed, while also thinking it does many things better than Qatar in areas that matter to me personally, such as equality and human rights. You may disagree, I'm not really interested in having an argument about whether that's right or wrong, but just to explain why I personally have the view I do.
Unfortunately, having a discussion about which owner to prefer, based on the human rights and morality of their country is a political discussion, and I would like to avoid it too. I just commented because I don't remember anyone lobbying against the glazers all these years because of the gun control laws in the US, or the multiple wars they were involved with. At the end of the day, my issue with the glazers is that they do not care about the club and they do not care if it is successful. they just drained it for personal gain. I would back the owner that guarantees Manchester united are competitive again. If Sir Jim could ensure that, i would be happy with him. I just agree with making the lack of human rights and morals an issue for one part of the world.

ShinjiNinja26

I don’t believe it’s the Sheikhs team pushing this narrative. Why would they potentially want to publicly be left with egg on their face by having outlets claim they’ve won only for Brexit Jimmy to be announced as the preferred candidate? Public humiliation doesn’t seem like the Qatari’s style.

Status
Not open for further replies.