Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiber

Welcome to another week of absolutely no updates, exciting rumours or encouragement that the Glazers will go.

I’ll still be checking the news every day in hope though, because I’m a moron
This guy gets it. I gave up hope a month ago but il still be refreshing the thread 30 times before lunch

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
It's always in landscape but it's an ipad, still can't see shit!
Ah I have no idea about iPad, must be locked to the more basic Mobile version of the site or something - need the full version

greenoffpearson

yeah, it’s definitely happening

full sale though is my bet, we want 100% of the Glazers gone and I fully expect that to happen
Very interesting and confusing.

Everything is based on guesswork we have so little information even if we knew what we were talking about it is difficult to piece it all together.

I am sure that there must be some kind of agreement between the Glazer clan. Given the amount of money involved and the number of companies involved plus the fact that they already have trusts in their various names which hold shares it would be inconceivable that they didn’t have some sort of agreement between them that regulates their dealings. If the agreement is based on a simple majority that’s fine unless one of them decides they’re not happy and wants clarification through the courts and although they may lose this just adds to the time wasting.

Also, we know that they were trying to obtain some sort of external finance to enable four of the Glazers to sell their stakes, this also suggests that there is some difference of opinion on the way forward.

That said they probably want to retain some sort of family harmony and will give each other the chance to try and sort things out, but since this process started early last year, with the failed third-party investment search, it’s probably coming to a point where patience is now threadbare.

If there is an agreement then hopefully that will solve things and we may get an answer.

The problem with trying to resolve it through the company mechanism is that you need two thirds of the votes to get anything meaningful through. Here they have already decided to look at the options through their strategic plan. You would assume that the board would be the final arbitrator and decide the way forward.

Then the board’s decision will probably go to a vote of the shareholders and you would need two thirds, no doubt, to get this through due to the massive change it will make to the company.

Unbelievably even if you added all the Class A shareholders and the four fractionally better Glazers your still shy of the two thirds requirement by a small fraction of less than one, no doubt this has been deliberately maintained by Joel and Av to frustrate anything they do not like.

The only real solution, hopefully, appears through the potential Glazer's own agreement that operates to decides matters between them.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
This is never going to be an option for the SJ. From J&A perspective they would love to stay on with the Qataris, even more so than with SJR, as it means the price of their shares will rocket in the future with planned investment from SJ.

For SJ it’s all or nothing. I believe they walk away before the above is an option in my opinion.
The price of the share won't rocket if they don't pay any dividends. It will in fact be worthless. J&A would be sitting there with a $38 sale option to Qatar (if they're lucky) or nothing.

Brophs

The One and Only
The bill for all these lawyers and accountants must be getting quite large by now. Who is paying the bill United or the parasites?
If I know the Glazers, they’ll have said at the outset that they don’t want a penny of the club’s money to go to lawyers or third parties. They pay their way. Always have, always will.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The bill for all these lawyers and accountants must be getting quite large by now. Who is paying the bill United or the parasites?
Raine are acting on behalf of United. Rothschild on behalf of Glazers so it should be safe to assume that is who will be picking up the tabs.

It’s also why I think Qatar offer will be accepted. Raine are acting on behalf of shareholders which includes A shares which represent 31% of the club, regardless of voting rights.

glazed

Raine are acting on behalf of United. Rothschild on behalf of Glazers so it should be safe to assume that is who will be picking up the tabs.

It’s also why I think Qatar offer will be accepted. Raine are acting on behalf of shareholders which includes A shares which represent 31% of the club, regardless of voting rights.
The Qatar bid is 100% reliant on J&A agreeing. What Raine thinks does not matter.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The Qatar bid is 100% reliant on J&A agreeing. What Raine thinks does not matter.
It’s going to be subject to a legal challenge as has already been discussed at length:

Yeah I’ve bought a bunch of shares because I was happy to put my money where my mouth is - with what we know about the clubs finances, since the beginning logic has said that Qatar will win this.

That’s completely beside the point though and I think you know that and are arguing in bad faith now.

I’ll break it down for you one last time.

1. Last year the Glazers put out a statement saying they were exploring strategic alternatives which include investment or sale. They made clear this was to benefit the club, fans, shareholders and stakeholders.
  2. Off the back of that statement the share price rocketed.
  3. The Glazers have two offers.
    1. One ticks all the boxes of what they promised including premium for the shareholders and major investment in the club (which will satisfy fans and stakeholders like sponsors etc).
    2. The other is a nice little earner for them. Has no promise to clear debt and no promise of investment.
Now nothing was stopping them putting out a statement that they were looking to exit and their shares were for sale but they didn’t do that. They made an official statement as directors of the club.

They are directors of the company. They have responsibility to their shareholders. They currently have an offer that will make a lot of people a LOT of money, my shares are so few they are inconsequential, I’m under no illusion of that however, there are firms holding tens of millions of dollars worth of MUFC shares on behalf of their clients and they will be arming themselves with huge legal teams if the Glazers do not act in their best interests.
Which is all fine but we’re not talking about a simple private sale of shares here.

You seem to be hell bent on ignoring the bit where they started this entire process as directors of the company promising to act in the best interests of shareholders, fans and stakeholders in a statement from the club.

That statement says that:

The Raine Group is acting as the Company’s exclusive financial advisor and Latham & Watkins LLP is legal counsel to the Company.

Rothschild and Co. is acting as exclusive financial advisor to the Glazer family shareholders.

glazed

It’s going to be subject to a legal challenge as has already been discussed at length:
Well it might be subject to a legal challenge if they sell to SJR when the Qatar offer is still on the table. It might then be tested in court whether the Glazers can sell their shares to whoever they like in whatever manner they like. It may very well be that they can. It's all very well to say the SJR sale plan is deeply unethical, but then so was the purchase of the club and nobody stopped that. It's quite clear the shares structure allows the Class B shareholders huge discretion to run the club as they please and the Class A's knew that when they bought in. However huge discretion is not the same as do wtf you like. The hypothetical case could be won or lost - we do not know.

It's more about the risk of losing and why should the other four siblings take that risk just to make J&A richer in the future? J&A can force the issue by refusing to sell to Qatar but can the siblings force the issue too because they have a majority of shares? Maybe, but without a 2/3 majority under the Class B share rules set out below, which is apparently required for important rule changes, their options are more limited than they would like. What you might get is stalemate and a game of chicken between the Glazers. Which is where I think we are.

I dug this SEC document up from 2012. Maybe people already know this...

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1549107/000104746912008161/a2210672z424b4.htm

"For special resolutions (which are required for certain important matters including mergers and changes to our governing documents), which require the vote of two-thirds of the votes cast, at any time that Class B ordinary shares remain outstanding, the voting power permitted to be exercised by the holders of the Class B ordinary shares will be weighted such that the Class B ordinary shares shall represent, in the aggregate, 67% of the voting power of all shareholders. "

dacore

Who is this? Sir Jimmy Fallon?
Sir Jim Fatcliffe

Yes. And on the other hand that goes with SJR's bid and minority investment as well? Then the four other siblings have to agree with J&A if that is the path them two want to go? Can´t see an option with all four seems to think one of those two options is the best way to go.

Last edited:

stevoc

It's was announced in an uncharacteristic move the Glazers decided they would personally foot the bill for this entire process...

...oh wait no they didn't because the tight cnuts haven't put their hands in their pockets for 18 years.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
What if they don't sell, guys!?

Each sibling must have, what, 3-5 children? In 20 years we'd be owned by 30 Glazers! They'll each want 1 billion to sell.

Game over man.

MegadrivePerson

What if they don't sell, guys!?

Each sibling must have, what, 3-5 children? In 20 years we'd be owned by 30 Glazers! They'll each want 1 billion to sell.

Game over man.
The club could easily be worth 30 billion in twenty years time though. especially when you consider how much money we'll be generating from playing Al Nassr on the moon in the Inter galactic universe super cup.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Someone just mentioned to me something about an announcement tomorrow between 2pm-6pm?

greenoffpearson

It's was announced in an uncharacteristic move the Glazers decided they would personally foot the bill for this entire process...

...oh wait no they didn't because the tight cnuts haven't put their hands in their pockets for 18 years.
Spot on.

Although the real comedy gold of the whole saga is that these Glazer geniuses placed the club up for sale (having seen the Chelsea parade of the rich and famous) and only have three seriousish groups come forward, one of whom was the Finnish guy who is clearly a bit of a maverick.

The British billionaire, with limited funds and a Qatari who seems to be expert in upping his bid by pennies.

So instead of a feeding frenzy they had to send Av to London to look really interested in the club, to a backdrop of hate and anger.

You can imagine how impressed the family members were when Joel was explaining the master strategy!

Status
Not open for further replies.