Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pes6Monster

It’s August the 1st, pop-pickers, and straight in a number 1, it’s Creedence Glazer Revival with ‘Have You Heard The Leak From Raine’!

Someone told me long ago
That the Glazer scum would go,
I know; it’s been comin' for some time.
When it's over, so they say,
Man Utd will rise again
I know; then we’ll fix Old Trafford.

I want to know, Have you heard the leak from Raine?
That the Glazer scum are here to stay

Yesterday, and days before,
Jim and Jassim wait some more,
I know; been that way for a long time…
'Til forever, on it goes
Through the season’s highs and lows,
I know; they won’t go,
And I wonder…

That the Glazer scum are here to stay

Yeah!
Outstanding.

croadyman

Have a sneaky feeling it's actually done. Just my speculation. This is news designed to get the share price down and then buy the cheaper shares.
Nah I fear this has been a ruse all along and would fully back Jassim & Ratcliffe walking away

Infra-red

I tried to hold out for as long as I could but it’s starting to feel now like they’re really staying
This time, yes, it appears so. My guess is that they will look at it again in 18-24 months, though. I think we'll ultimately be rid of them, but we will have to wait another couple of years.

Cloud7

This time, yes, it appears so. My guess is that they will look at it again in 18-24 months, though. I think we'll ultimately be rid of them, but we will have to wait another couple of years.
I do wonder who it might be when the time comes.

Jim would probably still be interested, but equally he's old and we don't know what his interests will be when the time comes.

Will Jassim come back? That probably depends on if they buy another club or not.

If potential owners balked at the price now, I wonder what will happen in a few years, because I can't see the Glazers asking for less when that time comes.

croadyman

Urgh just when we thought we could get rid

croadyman

Jim would probably still be interested, but equally he's old and we don't know what his interests will be when the time comes.

Will Jassim come back? That probably depends on if they buy another club or not.

If potential owners balked at the price now, I wonder what will happen in a few years, because I can't see the Glazers asking for less when that time comes.
Yeah we are in serious limbo now

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Jassim / 92 will own another club long before then mate.

They aren’t fecking about - they’ve just bid 6m and a billion for investment for Utd when it’s not worth that much. Thus, these are ballers with at least 7b to play with…

And this utter nonsense with the Glazers will just make them even more determined to avenge the time wasting they’ve suffered.

croadyman

They aren’t fecking about - they’ve just bid 6m and a billion for investment for Utd when it’s not worth that much. Thus, these are ballers with at least 7b to play with…

And this utter nonsense with the Glazers will just make them even more determined to avenge the time wasting they’ve suffered.
Yeah they will go and buy scousers/Spurs

Loon

:lol:
I think Joel and Avram fell for that "blown out of the water" bollocks too. They should have remembered only a fool and their money are easily parted.

Cantona in disguise

Someone more knowledgeable than me might be able to answer this. Could one of the potential bidders initiate a hostile take over? Buy the public listed shares and offer the other 4 siblings a deal they can't refuse. Would that give them enough to make the other 2 non entities?

I realise this wouldn't be ideal and probably never happen but if one of the bidders wanted it enough could it happen? (Clutching and fantasy land I know.)

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Someone more knowledgeable than me might be able to answer this. Could one of the potential bidders initiate a hostile take over? Buy the public listed shares and offer the other 4 siblings a deal they can't refuse. Would that give them enough to make the other 2 non entities?

I realise this wouldn't be ideal and probably never happen but if one of the bidders wanted it enough could it happen? (Clutching and fantasy land I know.)
No because any Glazers shares getting sold would require all 6 to agree on it.

Kostov

I think it's time the fans to get more things in their hands, and start organizing more protests, boycots etc. These leeches have no plan to sell by the looks of it, I think there has to be a fans outcry and the governing bodies to force the Glazers out.

Pes6Monster

Jassim / 92 will own another club long before then mate...And this utter nonsense with the Glazers will just make them even more determined to avenge the time wasting they’ve suffered.
I don't know. There is no bigger prize than United in English football. Plus, Qatar already own other football clubs, there's no particular reason why owning more than two in the same country is impossible.

As for 'avenging time wasting', Qatar can do one with that attitude. We aren't obliged to be sold to them. If they want to strop off and use Tottenham, be my guest. Everton make more sense than Liverpool. Cheaper. New stadium. Desperate supporters.

I reckon Qatar will buckle and cough up the relevant billions. They were unbelievably stupid to announce they had other billions to gentrify Salford and build the BeInSports Bowl ready.

It doesn't bode well for us that even the Glazers could outmuscle them in a negotiation.

I think it's time the fans to get more things in their hands, and start organizing more protests, boycots etc. These leeches have no plan to sell by the looks of it, I think there has to be a fans outcry and the governing bodies to force the Glazers out.
Won't happen, chief. We simply have too many supporters willing to pay. United have just signed a mega-deal with Adidas, improved standing facilities at OT (because the stadium is neglected) and signed another 200 million worth of talent. Just played a massive tour of the US, too.

Furthermore, the QatarIn# crowd have spoiled any moral or ethical argument we have for the Glazer's obviation. Glazer OuT, LUHG, We Want Our Club Back (an utterly stupid statement) all of it, is now sadly synonymous with being pro-sportswashing.

We would gain outside consent if we were demanding a democratic edifice replace the Glazer hegemony. Instead we want to run football through sports-washing. All governing bodies won't wade in on our behalf just so we can run the sport.

It's bitterly frustrating.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I reckon Qatar will buckle and cough up the relevant billions. They were unbelievably stupid to announce they had other billions to gentrify Salford and build the BeInSports Bowl ready.
Only they weren’t. They did exactly what the brief said and offered the best deal to shareholders, fans and stakeholders.

alexanderplatz

The Glazers probably feel empowered by the fact their Dad was right in the first place to see the club as massively undervalued. Now they feel like holding the same opinion about the clubs value today will definitely be correct. Problem is they can’t see that the fiscally irresponsible buyer doesn’t exist. When even Qatar won’t add a billion just to get it over the line you know the Glazers are taking the p with the sale. Complete spoofers

GoldanoGraham

The only ray of light is that in a few weeks we will at least know what the direction of travel is, may not be what we want to hear but this meandering along going nowhere is frustrating everyone.

I reckon once the transfer window has finished the intentions will become clearer.

Will also be interesting to hear what the bidders have to say about this whole process once it’s put to bed.

Pes6Monster

Only they weren’t. They did exactly what the brief said and offered the best deal to shareholders, fans and stakeholders.
The 'best' deal is arbitrary. More money is always good for shareholders and stakeholders. For 'fans' there is a plethora of issues, the reaolution of which are not dependent on Qatar ownership.

Furthermore, the brief may read 'give the best deal' in all its arbitrariness but the real brief, the one which isn't good PR, is this:

Impress the Glazers.

When Qatar feverishly announced they had financial resources ready to blow (mostly to buy consent of the support, which sadly has worked) on gentrifying Salford and buying 'Qatarington', they failed the true brief. When the Glazers got wind of their intention, they ruthlessly exploited the position.

Ratcliffe read the room correctly. But the Glazers don't really want him. They want Qatar's extra billions because they know they are there, and available.

It's time to accept despite their massive resources, Qatar are not the saviour the club needs by any stretch of the imagination. That's not to reprieve the Glazers or promote Ratcliffe. Just a reminder Qatar are in it for Qatar and not United.

We deserve better.

Infra-red

The only ray of light is that in a few weeks we will at least know what the direction of travel is, may not be what we want to hear but this meandering along going nowhere is frustrating everyone.

I reckon once the transfer window has finished the intentions will become clearer.

Will also be interesting to hear what the bidders have to say about this whole process once it’s put to bed.
Agreed - I think that they won't want it being a distraction throughout the season. I expect we'll hear later this month that the strategic review hasn't borne any fruit, but that the revised financial projections and return of UCL football mean that the club is in a good place etc.

Try again for a sale in 18 months or so, perhaps.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Agreed - I think that they won't want it being a distraction throughout the season. I expect we'll hear later this month that the strategic review hasn't borne any fruit, but that the revised financial projections and return of UCL football mean that the club is in a good place etc.

Try again for a sale in 18 months or so, perhaps.
They’re going to burn bridges if they don’t sell when they have two offers almost double the enterprise value. Nobody will take them seriously in the future.

Also Raine group will be apoplectic. The early news was that they would receive a percentage of the sale as their fee. If they’ve handled the process for a year, have negotiated two great offers and the Glazers turn their nose up and walk away they have every right to be fuming.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
They are never going to to leave are they? How many children are in the next generation? Might as well get to know the future owners in advance.

romufc

This "Glazers might not actually sell now" line is getting tiresome already. Why on earth would they pay & hire the Raine Group to handle a sale and go through all of the processes involved to just walk away from 5 BILLION quid?

It's ridiculous that people even believe it.
Yep why?

Infra-red

They’re going to burn bridges if they don’t sell when they have two offers almost double the enterprise value. Nobody will take them seriously in the future.

Also Raine group will be apoplectic. The early news was that they would receive a percentage of the sale as their fee. If they’ve handled the process for a year, have negotiated two great offers and the Glazers turn their nose up and walk away they have every right to be fuming.
It happens. They'll burn a few bridges (Qatar probably won't stick around), but the Glazers will bank on there being other willing buyers further down the road. Who knows, if the rules around ownership of multiple clubs changes, the Saudis may show some interest. As for Raine, they'll happily act again - the potential fat fees if a sale goes through would be too tempting to turn down.

Kostov

Won't happen, chief. We simply have too many supporters willing to pay. United have just signed a mega-deal with Adidas, improved standing facilities at OT (because the stadium is neglected) and signed another 200 million worth of talent. Just played a massive tour of the US, too.

Furthermore, the QatarIn# crowd have spoiled any moral or ethical argument we have for the Glazer's obviation. Glazer OuT, LUHG, We Want Our Club Back (an utterly stupid statement) all of it, is now sadly synonymous with being pro-sportswashing.

We would gain outside consent if we were demanding a democratic edifice replace the Glazer hegemony. Instead we want to run football through sports-washing. All governing bodies won't wade in on our behalf just so we can run the sport.

It's bitterly frustrating.
I disagree, sports-washing is such an cliche. There is no moral or ethical argument going along Glazers way, and that's long before the Qataris. People still clinging on for the moral high ground should wake up and smell the coffee, it's 2023 and not 1975.

Pes6Monster

I disagree, sports-washing is such an cliche. There is no moral or ethical argument going along Glazers way, and that's long before the Qataris. People still clinging on for the moral high ground should wake up and smell the coffee, it's 2023 and not 1975.
Sports-washing is a living reality and its moral/ethical connotations are not dependent upon an era of time.

People who use the phrase 'moral high ground' simply do not understand morality and or ethics. It is a fatuous soundbite, a slur, designed to counter arguments by 'shooting the messenger' rather than engaging seriously with a legitimate point.

What is particularly curious is those asking why 'the Glazers can't be removed', or 'they shouldn't be allowed to own the club' who later attack people with 'moral high ground' style premises.

They don't know, or at least they conceal, their own contentions, which are based on both morality and ethical conduct.

greenoffpearson

The Glazer go slow

The Glazers are working on the basis either their business model improves or more likely that they will push one of the buyers into just paying more.

The candidates

Neither INEOS or Jassim are going to happily pay over the odds. The delay may benefit INEOS in that they can recalibrate their complicated lending. If Jassim is not looking to profit financially from the club then the delay doesn’t really affect him financially, although he must be frustrated by the pedestrian pace.

Fans

There is not really a great deal we can do that seems to bother the Glazers.

Even at the recent AGM the club talked about keeping fans advised before admitting that they would advise the NY Stock Exchange first of any decision/action, obviously there is no keeping the fans advised.

The only time the Glazers seriously reacted was the Liverpool riot. The reality is that getting games postponed is extremely difficult and requires personal sacrifice, liberty, from some fans and obviously that is a sacrifice too far for most people.

‘The 1958’ rallies are admirable but again seem to be hitting a brick wall with the Glazer’s unmoved.

A possible action to break the status quo may be to mimic the Just Stop Oil campaign. The police appear to not get involved as long as the procession is peaceful and keeps moving, also if enough people join in the police will not be looking to remove people.

Supporters could slowly walk to the ground along the main roads towards Old Trafford, obviously slowing traffic to a slow pedestrian pace. If timed well this could, possibly, delay games perhaps by up to 30 minutes. The football authorities would have to do take some kind of punitive action and if done regularly the club may be sanctioned. No doubt Uefa would impose some sort of cash penalty almost immediately.

Most match going fans don’t want games postponed but would probably digest a delay?

Von Mistelroum

I've not been in here for a while as it seemed clear they weren't actually selling. Have we now arrived at the conclusion that this is correct?

I saw something yesterday on a news site about they might wait a few years and see if certain things pay off? I never thought they would actually sell, but their greed is unreal turning down offers so far above market value because they smell more money down the road if they can just avoid *completely* destroying the club long enough to reap the rewards and then leave when they've fully milked the corpse dry.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Not checked in here for a while since there was no news of any substance, seems most are now resigned to the Glazers staying - at least it hasn't held back our transfer business

I actually don't expect 92F to bid for any club apart from Manchester United - we know Sheikh Jassim was interested all the way back in 2010 with the Red Knights bid and between then and now he had ample opportunity to buy other clubs if he wanted

SJR we already know is willing to look at other clubs so will be interesting to see if he does look for other deals

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Finally, something positive. I maintain my faith they'll sell but it's a question of when and with no transfer window deadline for this deal, it could be anything between now and next May.

TsuWave

An update? wow - insert titanic 'it's been 84 years - meme

at least "talks are still ongoing" I guess

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Interesting that one brief which sounded downbeat and claimed no contact in ages while the other brief comes from Qatar sounds like they are still negotiating.

I reckon the INEOS bid is dead and they’re in exclusive negotiations with Qatar.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Interesting that one brief which sounded downbeat and claimed no contact in ages while the other brief comes from Qatar sounds like they are still negotiating.

I reckon the INEOS bid is dead and they’re in exclusive negotiations with Qatar.
Plausible

Status
Not open for further replies.