Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Interesting that one brief which sounded downbeat and claimed no contact in ages while the other brief comes from Qatar sounds like they are still negotiating.

I reckon the INEOS bid is dead and they’re in exclusive negotiations with Qatar.
Much as I love that to be the case, the Keegan update literally says negotiations with multiple parties. Unless, of course, those belong to the same bid.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Much as I love that to be the case, the Keegan update literally says negotiations with multiple parties. Unless, of course, those belong to the same bid.
Qatar plus the minority bids

Valencia Shin Crosses

Regarding Glazers not selling:

If they don't sell now I don't see the possibility arising again for at least another half-decade. They aren't going to magically find more interested buyers at that 5-6b range than they have now, and it will take a while either way for the club to either A.) be worth that price or B.)crater enough to where they'd take less money.

At this point and just reading the tea leaves, I think the Glazers will be greedy and just choose to get financing for any cash issues to kick the can down the road. Think at this point we would have heard more if either bid was even close to being accepted, and by all accounts the two cnut brothers don't want to accept.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
They’re going to burn bridges if they don’t sell when they have two offers almost double the enterprise value. Nobody will take them seriously in the future.

Also Raine group will be apoplectic. The early news was that they would receive a percentage of the sale as their fee. If they’ve handled the process for a year, have negotiated two great offers and the Glazers turn their nose up and walk away they have every right to be fuming.
:lol:

Your string clutching is admirable and frequently funny but this one takes the biscuit. The Glazers might feel pressure to sell because… checks notes… the firm they hired to help broker the sale might be cross with them?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
:lol:

Your string clutching is admirable and frequently funny but this one takes the biscuit. The Glazers might feel pressure to sell because… checks notes… the firm they hired to help broker the sale might be cross with them?
You’ve inferred a bit much from that post me thinks

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
What does this mean in terms of the sale? Did people expect them to be asked to draft new proposals?
The implication, I guess, is that if the Glazers were to stay, they'd have to have plans drafted for a Poundland version upgrade, since they didn't have the money to do it properly in the first place (hence the sale process).

I don't think it's that crazy to suggest that but equally, it doesn't mean a sale is guaranteed.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The implication, I guess, is that if the Glazers were to stay, they'd have to have plans drafted for a Poundland version upgrade, since they didn't have the money to do it properly in the first place (hence the sale process).

I don't think it's that crazy to suggest that but equally, it doesn't mean a sale is guaranteed.
The Glazers had the plans drafted in the first place before the search for strategic investment. It’s meaningless

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
The Glazers had the plans drafted in the first place before the search for strategic investment. It’s meaningless
Almost meaningless. The Glazers did get the plans drafted, but if the realisation of the cost is what drove them to put the club up for sale, then getting scaled down drafts would be a sign they were staying as they can't afford the costs as they are.

However, there's nothing to say they don't just get redrafted plans in the future, or take a minority investment to pay for the renovation (minority investment being least likely in my view as it would mean the Glazers paying for the stadium with their own shares basically)

Appletonred

Suspect that they would be very open to a full sale but simply want more money at this point, something has to give, and soon.

dpansheth

I have another take on these two leaks. I think Glazers are playing their last hand. I think they played "no communication" game to see if SJ will lose his patience and up his bid. They lost that game. Now they are playing their last hand "we dont really need to sell, you guys go away". If SJ or SJR dont respond to any of these, they'll just accept what they have. I think we are reaching the end game now.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I have another take on these two leaks. I think Glazers are playing their last hand. I think they played "no communication" game to see if SJ will lose his patience and up his bid. They lost that game. Now they are playing their last hand "we dont really need to sell, you guys go away". If SJ or Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE dont respond to any of these, they'll just accept what they have. I think we are reaching the end game now.
Interesting theory. I’d Love that to be the case.

It’s certainly the kind of pathetic, cutesy game the Glazers would go in for.

I just hope neither bidder ups their offer, and in the future they are never offered more that this either.

If they’re gonna stay, I at least wanna see them squirm and be shown to be absolute mugs publicly.

Tender Teacher

I have another take on these two leaks. I think Glazers are playing their last hand. I think they played "no communication" game to see if SJ will lose his patience and up his bid. They lost that game. Now they are playing their last hand "we dont really need to sell, you guys go away". If SJ or Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE dont respond to any of these, they'll just accept what they have. I think we are reaching the end game now.
I always did wonder how both Ratcliffe and Jassim arrived at similar final bids worth just over £5bn - these were already gross overvaluations of the club, so given their evident desperation to purchase it, why wouldn't one of them just pay the extra required?

The answer is probably that they both determined this ~£5bn figure is what the Glazers will (ultimately) accept.

ColvaleGoa

You are underestimating the Scumminess of the Glazers

Member 127762

Qatar plus the minority bids
Could be Ineos and the minority bids, though. Helping Ratcliffe buy off the other shareholders who are angry they're not getting enough cash.

Can't see Qatar ceding the one hundred percent control they are after.

Doubt it. Glazers want more money out of Jassim, but maybe the multiple party angle would see other investors join Qatar, but that could cede too much power.

Be a better deal than most, though. Cannot see it.

Maybe Ratcliffe will join in, too? We can sign Ross Barkley and Neymar in the same window.

If they’re gonna stay, I at least wanna see them squirm and be shown to be absolute mugs publicly.
Those feckers are going to get loaded no matter what, getting anything more than three bill for an asset none of them put anytjing into?

Joke is on us.

I'm anti-Qatar but could get with them
and more investors. Could bring my QatarOut banner and my ElliottManagementOut banners to the same match ;)

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I always did wonder how both Ratcliffe and Jassim arrived at similar final bids worth just over £5bn - these were already gross overvaluations of the club, so given their evident desperation to purchase it, why wouldn't one of them just pay the extra required?

The answer is probably that they both determined this ~£5bn figure is what the Glazers will (ultimately) accept.
They arrived at the figure because A. The rough details of each bid was quietly leaked to help them along and I’m guessing B. Someone at Raine Group raised their eyebrows up and down when they started saying numbers

cyberman

How on earth are they gonna get £6bn even from Jassim who clearly won't overpay. I would say they will have to compromise but they don't know the meaning of that word
I have a theory that they want the entire reported value of the club for themselves. They’re blinded by this talk of 6b and a clean 1b each that any less seems like losing money.

croadyman

I have a theory that they want the entire reported value of the club for themselves. They’re blinded by this talk of 6b and a clean 1b each that any less seems like losing money.
Greed that is beyond comprehension

George The Best

Makes you wonder if the Glazer’s are actually listening to any of the advice they are paying for. They must have been told that the offers are as good as they will get. If they wanted to try and get one bidder to raise their bid, the best way to do so would be to enter into a time limited period of exclusivity. They’ve chosen not to which suggests they know the game is up. Interesting to see where they go next.

MDFC Manager

I think that's not possible given the uneven shareholding structure amongst the siblings?

FujiVice

I mean, we've proven time and time again that logic shouldnt be a factor in anything this club does, but logic says that if they havent put together plans for the stadium, then they arent planning on staying around.

Again, we are illogically logical most of the time.

George The Best

That’s true but I do think they’re blinded by the overall 6b valuation
£6Bn is a number just plucked out …… goodness knows where. The Glazer’s themselves are obviously struggling to rationalise or justify it, despite their sales pitches. Hence they ended up with just two bids nowhere near their make-believe number. They’ve got two offers that are significantly way over the real value of the club, but I think their ego is now getting in the way and they don’t want to be made out to be fools by the American corporates.

JagUTD

Not posted here for a while but got a good feeling about the 2020s. Think they'll get off to a great start and just get better and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.