Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woziak

900m still doesn't fix A. The need for stadium and training ground redevelopment. B. The overall debt. What it does do in reality is buy them more time to take dividends.
In reality this is just an increase of £15m per season and more likely gets swallowed up in higher interest rates predicted over next two years on historic debt which is still £535m some 18 years after Malcolm bought the club. There is an absolute, Bank of America lent Glazers Family this money to buy the club in a leveraged buy out in the same way a couple bought a house 18 years ago interest only not repayment.

This means that the Glazers rely on the equity within the club to pay off the loan or they sell the club completely rather than a small share to pay this debt which must be paid by 2025, at one point they were using the profit made by the clubs to reduce this debt to £350m but in recent years it’s subsided and now with rising interest rates they have to sell within 2 years unless they get minority investment of about £2bn.

Pes6Monster

Could be Ineos and the minority bids, though. Helping Ratcliffe buy off the other shareholders who are angry they're not getting enough cash.

Can't see Qatar ceding the one hundred percent control they are after.

Doubt it. Glazers want more money out of Jassim, but maybe the multiple party angle would see other investors join Qatar, but that could cede too much power.

Be a better deal than most, though. Cannot see it.

Maybe Ratcliffe will join in, too? We can sign Ross Barkley and Neymar in the same window.

Those feckers are going to get loaded no matter what, getting anything more than three bill for an asset none of them put anytjing into?

Joke is on us.

I'm anti-Qatar but could get with them
and more investors. Could bring my QatarOut banner and my ElliottManagementOut banners to the same match ;)
Can't see Qatar wanting less than 100 percent, either. It's a state bid so they know they can afford it.

The investment companies angle is likelier for Ineos than Qatar in this light, especially as they need a way around the greed of shareholders.

This means that the Glazers rely on the equity within the club to pay off the loan or they sell the club completely rather than a small share to pay this debt which must be paid by 2025, at one point they were using the profit made by the clubs to reduce this debt to £350m but in recent years it’s subsided and now with rising interest rates they have to sell within 2 years unless they get minority investment of about £2bn.
Two billion investment within two years is doable for those leeches, especially as there is more than many interested takers.

Think they'll opt for full sale. More to rob.

As for 'we need a new stadium', well, we do not as such. OT needs a bit of regeneration and not tearing apart. They've already invested in safe standing which shows they know this can be done incrementally, as could the training facilities (seven million has been invested into it).

GoldanoGraham

What does this mean in terms of the sale? Did people expect them to be asked to draft new proposals?
This may well have been used as the basis for an Investment Brief to financial institutions/funding investors - used to find someone to fund the infrastructure upgrades that are desperately needed.

Despite the dislike and distrust - these guys are not stupid and are innovative in raising money that they don’t have to pay for.

We all want a full sale but that doesn’t mean that they do - and they also won’t care about the protests and anger caused if they stay.

What is guaranteed is that we will have significant new investments partnerships (not sure in what form) but with Glazer ownership still - or a full sale.

edgecutter

With some of the glazers either in or close to being 60, there has to be some reservations about how they keep the club in the family. Once it starts being passed to grandchildren it will become a mess. Hopefully they realise this and are just posturing to try and get as much cash as possible but also want to sell the club.

van Nistelrooy

How long did the Saudi takeover of Newcastle take?

I seem to recall it died when the PL wouldn't allow it, but then the bid revived itself through a court over-ruling?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
With some of the glazers either in or close to being 60, there has to be some reservations about how they keep the club in the family. Once it starts being passed to grandchildren it will become a mess. Hopefully they realise this and are just posturing to try and get as much cash as possible but also want to sell the club.
They should create a TV show about choosing who gets to take over it next. No idea what I’d call it though. Successor?

laughtersassassin

I seem to recall it died when the PL wouldn't allow it, but then the bid revived itself through a court over-ruling?
The Saudi takeover took a shit load of time because of the illegal streaming of Prem games. That's was a major hold up. Qatar don't have that problem

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
What does this mean in terms of the sale? Did people expect them to be asked to draft new proposals?
I assume one of the main sticking points for a new buyer is how much money is needed to refurb/rebuild Old Trafford - if the Glazers can show that less is needed than previously thought then it's a reason to up their price

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Newcastle took 18 months (April 2020 - October 2021).
Yep, and also, for anyone not aware, PIF paid 300m for Newcastle Utd, a Premier League side with large fanbase and big, historical stadium, no debt… 300m - same league, same tv deals etc.

And Glazers are umming and ahhing over £5.5 BILLION for an asset they’ve saddled with debt and that needs a further billion in investment.

For context, the Glazers are sat twiddling their thumbs on an offer worth more than £5000 million MORE than the Newcastle sale.

For further context, they have never paid a penny of their own money into the club.

strandty

The biggest stumbling block with that one was the blatant piracy of the Premier League TV rights with it being broadcast illegally in Saudi.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That’s a very sneaky way of putting a Ben Jacobs tweets in. Don’t think you’ve got away with it.

To address the tweet, what a load of bollocks as usual. Aside from Saudi pro league none of those things are new since the process was started. With regards to the Saudi pro league, it’s more of a threat than anything else and a reason to get out.

Chief123

Who would’ve thought the Glazers would wait for page 2023 to complete the sale. Nice touch.

mu4c_20le

I just don't see a scenario where the Glazers think feck it, this is as good as it gets, time to take the money and run.

Rhyme Animal

I just don't see a scenario where the Glazers think feck it, this is as good as it gets, time to take the money and run.
Nah, their greed is what’s gonna do them here. But, it’s all they’ve ever known.

It’s also worth noting that compared to Ratcliffe and Qatar they’re utterly small time, they’ve never handled a decision this big and it’s showing - massively.

They won’t get a better price in the future but are obviously surrounded by yes-man in their little geriatric, nepo baby Floridian bubble and no one’s willing to tell them.

wolvored

I reckon if the preferred bidder is going to be Ratcliffe, then thats when Qatar will up the bid, probably another 300-500 mill. I cant see them being outbid when the potential owner is a Utd fan and the Emir of Qatar is as well.

Boycott

Considering how many of these tweet aggregators have been posted over the summer can anyone actually point to any substance that the takeover talks are any further now than they were six months ago?

I remember the transfer sagas of 2013 and 2014 and thought that was extremely unhealthy but at least it was players. This is about smokes and mirrors about business groups and people no one actually knows.

Rhyme Animal

I don’t get triggered by people posting tweets often, but when I do, you can bet it involves Ben Jacobs. Absolutely stealing a living.
He’s so shameless it’s slightly psychopathic imo…

Have you seen the film Nightcrawler with Jake Gyllenhall?

Jacobs is the kind of cretin that if born into higher circles would end up a loathsome politician.

bdspeedy

The only way these leeches will ever leave is when they lose or believe they'll lose money. If enough true fans strike the club -- NOT AN F-ing CENT. Tickets, jerseys, gear, MUTV, unsubscribe from the club on social media platforms, etc,.. Strike the sponsors. -- for a month, 2 months.... and NOT RELENT..... they'll get the message and will have to sell to one of the two groups, who will deal with the debt, stadium, etc,... and get the club back on the right course. It will take years to deal with the issues but ONLY real, diehard fans can effect this. Although the touristy, "Disneyland" "fans" are a huge draw and money maker but can be overridden and don't matter and will never will. No violence or threats of physical harm. We need to speak THEIR LANGUAGE. Money, money, money, mon-ay.

Status
Not open for further replies.