Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mav_9me

Have a sneaky feeling it's actually done. Just my speculation. This is news designed to get the share price down and then buy the cheaper shares.

Member 101269

Have a sneaky feeling it's actually done. Just my speculation. This is news designed to get the share price down and then buy the cheaper shares.
I had that feeling some time ago; deal verbally agreed with time to buy up shares cheap.

putzmcgee123

I find it very interesting that this "Mark Douglas" fella specifies they been "told the takeover process has been effectively paused as far as at least one of the two main bidders are concerned."

"'We've not been given any guidance at all on what comes next...there's just been no communication whatsoever of late,' a source close to one of the bids told i at the start of the week."

For all we know, the other bidder is in advanced discussions with the Glazers and the source's bidder has just been left in the dark. On the other hand, it's also possible this entire article is a load of nonsense.

wolvored

The only way forward is if Qater give them a deadline otherwise they are out. This would surely make the 4 we have been told want to sell, will put pressure on the 2 that apparently want to stay.

Loon

:lol:
These pricks need to come out and say they’re staying if that’s the case. “Disappointed with the offers” Christ, every single penny.

mu4c_20le

Sounds like even Raine are left in the dark. Can't leak anything if there is nothing to leak.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
And the stock price caters. I wish these people only the worst.

putzmcgee123

Sounds like even Raine are left in the dark. Can't leak anything if there is nothing to leak.
Assuming the article is accurate, we're only hearing the perspective from one bid. It's a distinct possibility that one camp is being left in the dark because talks with the other are in an advanced stage. We really don't know.

Yorke to Cole

Mike Keegan said that the Glazers will "pause the process and reassess. " So this is not really anything new.

What concerns me:

"Is the noise about new TV deals, Champions League expansion etc" has genuinely changed their minds, although those were factors back last November.

Interest rates allowing them to get hedgfund from US.

Other things noise you hear or read from football journalists like Romano ( I know he is not a business expert, but he did say) that "things are happening behind the scenes but there is silence because the situation is changing."

Is the "situation changing" them changing their minds?

I think the only way to get them out is if the two main bidders significantly increase their bid.

Roboc7

They have to buy some time before games at Old Trafford so leaking a ‘pause’ makes sense. Why Ratcliffe and Qatar would be allowing themselves to be strung along makes no sense though. They must still believe the Glazers are going to sell or they’d drop out.

It could be start of them deciding to stay, they are greedy and incompetent enough to do that but it’s a pretty big gamble given they have no one investment and are terrible at running the club.

MDFC Manager

Big, sudden fall in the share price. Guess the market is coming to terms with the increased likelihood of the scum staying

putzmcgee123

Bruv said it strengthens Jassim's hand. :lol:

The stock price since the announcement in November has been (and will continue to be) driven entirely by speculation on the perceived probability of an acquisition.

When sentiment swings towards Class A shareholders being bought out (i.e. Sheikh Jassim) in the foreseeable future, it goes up.

When sentiment swings towards any other outcome, or uncertainty regarding the timeline, it goes down. The notion that changes to the price affect any ongoing negotiations is ridiculous.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I don't get how the other siblings are happy with this if they really want to cash in.

putzmcgee123

Stop believing shit sources!
I wouldn't worry about it. Even if true, the article only has a source from one of the two bidding camps. I'm holding onto hope that one bidder is just in the dark while the other is in advanced negotiations with the Glazers.

Appletonred

Is it me? Am I reading things wrong? I think Jassim is actually buying up the club.

alexanderplatz

I don’t understand how they can think that they should pocket any potential increase in revenues for years to come whilst refusing to spend any money on infrastructure. If the process falls apart and it seems like it might, will the Glazers start investing in the training ground, stadium etc? Seems very doubtful

cyberman

I wouldn't worry about it. Even if true, the article only has a source from one of the two bidding camps. I'm holding onto hope that one bidder is just in the dark while the other is in advanced negotiations with the Glazers.
If it were true then it’s not good for Jim since his bid simply isn’t viable or even legal at this stage. The fact work wouldn’t be going on behind the scene at this stage should be alarming for pro Jim fans
But I don’t think it is true

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I find it very interesting that this "Mark Douglas" fella specifies they been "told the takeover process has been effectively paused as far as at least one of the two main bidders are concerned."

"'We've not been given any guidance at all on what comes next...there's just been no communication whatsoever of late,' a source close to one of the bids told i at the start of the week."

For all we know, the other bidder is in advanced discussions with the Glazers and the source's bidder has just been left in the dark. On the other hand, it's also possible this entire article is a load of nonsense.
The Glazers will obviously try to rinse as much money as possible out of whoever buys the club so it makes no sense at all to ignore one bidder and keep up discussions with the other until such time as they’ve finally accepted a bid. Which will come with legal obligations to inform the markets.

The reason the article quotes a source close to one of the bids is because they have a source close to one of the bids. This doesn’t mean they wouldn’t hear exactly the same thing if they had a source close to the other bid.

putzmcgee123

The Glazers will obviously try to rinse as much money as possible out of whoever buys the club so it makes no sense at all to ignore one bidder and keep up discussions with the other until such time as they’ve finally accepted a bid. Which will come with legal obligations to inform the markets.

The reason the article quotes a source close to one of the bids is because they have a source close to one of the bids. This doesn’t mean they wouldn’t hear exactly the same thing if they had a source close to the other bid.
If 92F got the exclusivity they were pushing for sometime after the Reuters piece, I don't imagine INEOS would have been hearing very much over that time.

Of course it doesn't mean they wouldn't hear exactly the same thing if they had a source in the other bid. It also doesn't mean they would hear the exact same thing. We don't know. It's all speculation.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
If 92F got the exclusivity they were pushing for sometime after the Reuters piece, I don't imagine INEOS would have been hearing very much over that time.

Of course it doesn't mean they wouldn't hear exactly the same thing if they had a source in the other bid. It also doesn't mean they would hear the exact same thing. We don't know. It's all speculation.
Well, no. And, as I said, if they had been granted exclusivity that’s the point at which the Glazers would have been obliged to inform the financial markets.

lex talionis

What leverage can be applied to the Glazers at this point?

I appreciate that they can point to the net 1B plus spent on players since SAF left with only 3 (?) trophies collected during that time, but all things considered they have not been good stewards of what is far more than just another commercial enterprise.

Cloud7

I tried to hold out for as long as I could but it’s starting to feel now like they’re really staying

Chairman Steve

I think they’re still selling. You could potentially theorise that the guise of them not selling helps us in the transfer market and clubs don’t ransom us, as opposed to a new owner coming in and immediately the prices of players we want get hiked. We still have to adhere to FFP at the end of the day.

I give it until around October/November time before something significant happens.

Castia

They’re staying I knew something was wrong it went way too quiet

Last edited:

Yorke to Cole

If I had a sportsmen bet with whom the source is related in terms of a camp, I would say it is associated with INEOS. Looking at what has been said " We’ve not been given any guidance at all on what comes next. There haven’t been requests to modify the offers or come up with a new round of bids."

We were told that the last round of bids or just after, would be Jassim/92 foundations last offer. Also, that they would not entertain dialogue with Raine after that last offer was made, but on e of those last 2 offers was made directly to the Glazers.

So it leads to 3-4 possibilities;

*Joel and Avram are resolute that they want Ratcliffe's offer and saying to the others, we are staying here. You accept INEOS when you want.

* Glazers, primarily J and A are as Matt Slater wrote in his article are "drawing the curtains and hoping everyone forgets they seek strategic possibilities".

* By implying they are "pausing the sale", they are inviting Jassim to make yet another offer.

* They are negotiating the sale with one of the parties as we speak ( more likely Jassim) The other is in the dark because they do want to to lose the other offer in case something prevents the sale?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Raine won't leak. There is definitely talks but there are also strict NDAs.
It’s August the 1st, pop-pickers, and straight in a number 1, it’s Creedence Glazer Revival with ‘Have You Heard The Leak From Raine’!

Someone told me long ago
That the Glazer scum would go,
I know; it’s been comin' for some time.
When it's over, so they say,
Man Utd will rise again
I know; then we’ll fix Old Trafford.

I want to know, Have you heard the leak from Raine?
That the Glazer scum are here to stay

Yesterday, and days before,
Jim and Jassim wait some more,
I know; been that way for a long time…
'Til forever, on it goes
Through the season’s highs and lows,
I know; they won’t go,
And I wonder…

Yeah!

IrishMcD

It’s August the 1st, pop-pickers, and straight in a number 1, it’s Creedence Glazer Revival with ‘Have You Heard The Leak From Raine’!

Someone told me long ago
That the Glazer scum would go,
I know; it’s been comin' for some time.
When it's over, so they say,
Man Utd will rise again
I know; then we’ll fix Old Trafford.

Yesterday, and days before,
Jim and Jassim wait some more,
I know; been that way for a long time…
'Til forever, on it goes
Through the season’s highs and lows,
I know; they won’t go,
And I wonder…

Yeah!
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.