Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AneRu

They're worth what? £60bn? That is assets, not cash.

So they need to shell out 15-20% of their asset base to get us competing.

Not enough
Some are saying their revenue is worth 60b per year so we are talking 15% of their turnover. Plus doesn't he have a consortium of sorts? I am sure his company can front up enough to be the majority shareholder and then buy out the smaller members over time.

Frank Grimes

3/4 months ago everyone would snap your hand off at the prospect of Ratcliffe taking over from the Glazers now we have a significant proportion wanting us to become another oil state owned club. I don't get it.

Ciddy

A new owner in my mind needs to clear the debt to allow the club to run itself from a Transfers point of view. New FFP rules means new owners cannot simply inject billions for a new team.

We’re all well aware of the needs of a new training complex, women’s setup and of course a solution to stadium (new or upgrade). I believe it is these areas where a new owner can inject money.

We’re talking about some of the richest consortiums in the world getting involved. Let’s say it’ll take 5-6b to purchase the new owners probably need to fund probably another couple of billion for the other bits.

Of all the names so far linked, can they all afford the above. Absolutely yes based on what I’ve looked into.

Sviken

3/4 months ago everyone would snap your hand off at the prospect of Ratcliffe taking over from the Glazers now we have a significant proportion wanting us to become another oil state owned club. I don't get it.
To be fair, compared to the Glazers I'll take what I can get. But generally you want the people with the most money to buy the club. There's a LOT of work to be done in the club, not just investing in transfers. Debt, stadium, training infrastructure, etc. Does Ineos and Ratcliffe have that type of cash in reserve? And even if they do, would they be willing to invest it? That's the question. Whoever buys us, given the money, is not going to buy us because they would expect to make money off from this deal.

Frank Grimes

To be fair, compared to the Glazers I'll take what I can get. But generally you want the people with the most money to buy the club. There's a LOT of work to be done in the club, not just investing in transfers. Debt, stadium, training infrastructure, etc. Does Ineos and Ratcliffe have that type of cash in reserve? And even if they do, would they be willing to invest it? That's the question. Whoever buys us, given the money, is not going to buy us because they would expect to make money off from this deal.
I don't want to become an oil state club. If Ratcliffe has enough to buy the club he will have the funds to improve the club structure. He's not going to buy the club to run it into the ground. I like this better, just my preference.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nobody is going to do it all right away. It'll happen over time. This isn't a 5-10 year project, it's long term.

We don't want to get bought by a state and be just a puppet for sports washing with unlimited money. Being owned by a UK company/business man is pretty much the ideal scenario when it comes to owners. And then you just improve things over time. If an owner comes in and just has us self sufficient from a football side of things, then that's all we need. Clear the debt, renovate the infrastructure over time as part of the initial promise, but otherwise we don't need a sugar daddy nor would I want United to have one.

phelans shorts

The lack of success elsewhere in football and Brailsford would be among my main worries. Assuming that expertise in one discipline will translate to another is the sort of arrogant assumption that often finds favour with the very rich and successful. Without even mentioning the fact that he presided over a cycling team which, at best, has massive questions to answer on its approach to doping. With all that said, though, it certainly beats the alternatives that are being mentioned.
Oh that’s precisely my position on it too. By comparison to other options mooted right now it’s far and away the best option.

There’s nothing to base it on but here’s hoping that he’s seen Brailsford struggle with Nice and will use that to go more professional with us. His other sporting ventures have much better records.

angak

This is dumb.

Every new potential owner should be judged against what's best for Manchester united.

What about if Jim was soley in it for the profit motive and wanted a 3 year return on investment? Should we just blindly support his takeover because he is English ?

phelans shorts

This is dumb.

Every new potential owner should be judged against what's best for Manchester united.

What about if Jim was soley in it for the profit motive and wanted a 3 year return on investment? Should we just blindly support his takeover because he is English ?
If the option is that or a state then yes, undoubtedly.

mu4c_20le

Todd Boehly probably had the 'best record' during the Chelsea sale and look at them now.

Sviken

Nobody is going to do it all right away. It'll happen over time. This isn't a 5-10 year project, it's long term.

We don't want to get bought by a state and be just a puppet for sports washing with unlimited money. Being owned by a UK company/business man is pretty much the ideal scenario when it comes to owners. And then you just improve things over time. If an owner comes in and just has us self sufficient from a football side of things, then that's all we need. Clear the debt, renovate the infrastructure over time as part of the initial promise, but otherwise we don't need a sugar daddy nor would I want United to have one.
Nobody is saying that it's going to be done right away, but it needs to be done regardless. And very, very few people or companies on this planet have that kind of money, let alone the desire to do so. We don't have to be, sure, but since the FA refuses to do its fecking job and allowed "projects" like Chelsea, City and Newcastle to slip into the league, then at this point it's either sink or swim. If it's not us, they'll buy someone else - Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, whoever. Just because we refuse doesn't mean they'll simply go away and vanish. The league is fecked and I've said this for a long time.

The perfect system would be some kind of an NFL model, but given the complexity of the European leagues and differences, that seems virtually impossible.

Frank Grimes

This is dumb.

No, and I never said that but well done for making shit up. I don't want to become another city, psg. If you do fair enough but it's not for me.
There is still a thing called FFP and being owned by a trillonaire or a multi billionaire is negligible if the club is run correctly and the sporting ethos is at the forefront. I don't know Ratcliffe's intentions but I prefer him over petro clubs. You seem to think that we need the richest owners and nothing else matters, I disagree.

Sviken

I’m guessing he has shareholders to answer too and if United are bought under the INEOS banner then it’s another investment.
And this is the major problem. Ratcliffe doesn't have that money on his own. If he uses INEOS, they'll expect a return on that investment regardless of his own beliefs. And a return on such an investment would require very modest spending and improvements since the purchase alone would cost a shitton of money that they'll need to quickly recoup.

DevilRed

I'd prefer not. I'd rather people with the correct credentials to be doing the jobs that need doing.
The owner only needs to sign off on cheques.

I highly doubt that boehly is the one making the decisions on what players to target.

His management/scouting team aren't doing their jobs properly. boehly is passing with flying colours.

Gandalf

People quoting the value and turnover of Ineos need to keep in mind that their involvement in football, cycling etc. is as Ineos Sports. Ineos itself is a petro chemicals business and any involvement in owing sports teams is a long way from being their core business and will command only a fraction of their resources.

fezzerUTD

A British Utd fan wants to buy the club and people are hoping sportswashing states outbid him, some fecking morons on here.

Wheato

So he’s going to spend almost half of it buying united.. that’s without mentioning the debt and the cost of building new stadium and investing across the club.
Depends on how much they will accept. The figures quoted in the press may not be accurate on what the asking price is. And it might not be a new stadium, more a renovation of the current one. Remember that United have had 1.5b taken off us by the Glazers. That was money that we generated ourselves. We can still run as a self sufficient entity, but will probably need some help in the short term, especially if re-development is going ahead.

I was at Old Trafford on Saturday. It is still a fantastic arena for football. And still the biggest club stadium in the UK. The tilted roofs on the stands create fantastic acoustics and atmosphere, like we witnessed on Saturday. I've been to loads of these new identikit stadiums and the sound just disappears, you can't hear people singing on the opposite side of the stadium. Those grounds have no soul, just generic concrete, steel and glass. Could be a multi-storey car park. I think Old Trafford has plenty more life left in it, with a good tart up, finishing off the Bobby Charlton stand, maybe tart up the outside.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nobody is saying that it's going to be done right away, but it needs to be done regardless. And very, very few people or companies on this planet have that kind of money, let alone the desire to do so. We don't have to be, sure, but since the FA refuses to do its fecking job and allowed "projects" like Chelsea, City and Newcastle to slip into the league, then at this point it's either sink or swim. If it's not us, they'll buy someone else - Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, whoever. Just because we refuse doesn't mean they'll simply go away and vanish. The league is fecked and I've said this for a long time.

The perfect system would be some kind of an NFL model, but given the complexity of the European leagues and differences, that seems virtually impossible.
Yes but it can be done over time. People shit on Levy at Spurs, but to be honest, he is one of the best owners you can possibly have relatively speaking. He's transformed them into being a set big 6 club by making smart decisions, and has built a big stadium that will improve further profits and further cement them in the big 6. The normal way to do things is everything to grow internally and not win the lottery. Want to renovate and build a new stadium, get a loan to finance it and pay it off over time. Of course, that will impact other aspects in the meantime. But that's the fair and proper way to operate a club.

An owner who comes in, clears the debts, manages it smartly and any future debt should be only brought on for internal club investments is what we need. An owner who will in addition gift us the stadium renovation is more of a pipe dream, or a middle East state funded owner where at that point we become a puppet.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
A British Utd fan wants to buy the club and people are hoping sportswashing states outbid him, some fecking morons on here.
:lol:

Yeah, the same guy who pushed Brexit but puts all his production abroad.

I see we have a Brexit FC fan on board.

angak

A British Utd fan wants to buy the club and morons are hoping sportswashing states outbid him, some fecking morons on here.
How are City owners sportswashing ? Give me a few examples or are you just regurgitating what you've heard in the media without actually thinking for yourself ?

fezzerUTD

How about a rich dubai fan? :drool: I ain't the type to discriminate...
Rich Dubai fan was never a fan pre Fergie years. This guy was. It’s not to do with race, it’s about the reason behind wanting the club.

Spoony

The People's President
I suspect Ratcliffe will be outbidded, but United could compete with any oil club with the right structure.

fezzerUTD

:lol:

Yeah, the same guy who pushed Brexit but puts all his production abroad.

I see we have a Brexit FC fan on board.
His biggest sin is having an opinion based on staying in the European Union, yet you’re all for countries owning the club where women don’t have a say in anything.
Brexit FC? Come on you’re getting sloppy.

angak

To all the sportswashing experts, can you please explain to me how City owners are sportswashing ?

No vague or superficial answers please.

Status
Not open for further replies.