Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
This is depressing. I want to be optimistic but I simply cannot. I want us to do better than last season but that will certainly make Glazers want to stay more. There's no winning scenario.

manichester

The club is in a downward spiral, poor transfer decisions not covering for centre backs, buying a goalkeeper who will miss a number of games again inadequate cover. Unhappy players on wages that they do not deserve.

LordSpud

Reckon Sir Jim gets it. Glazers will stay on with voting rights. The wheel of hell forever turns slowly

Salfordlad70

The club is in a downward spiral, poor transfer decisions not covering for centre backs, buying a goalkeeper who will miss a number of games again inadequate cover. Unhappy players on wages that they do not deserve.
…and that’s just the tip of the iceberg. The club is decaying from the inside and the long term future does seem bleak unless we get new owners and the right new owners plus major surgery.

I really try to be optimistic, but it’s hard right now.

We need some fortune with injuries and to get it right on the pitch and a sprinkling of good fortune to keep us going until any ownership issues are resolved. If or when they are resolved that is.

I’m just not convinced that the Glazers will leave us alone and clear off. This is the most peril the club has ever been in and it’s getting worse with each passing day.

I still love United and I still get the match day buzz. I still get depressed with each bad result and performance and I still feel the same elation when we win or give a debut to a new player, but between games I mostly switch off. I try not to think too deeply about our predicament.

Rojofiam

Reckon Sir Jim gets it. Glazers will stay on with voting rights. The wheel of hell forever turns slowly
If there are call options to buy them out in 2025 or 2026 (or at some other point in the future) then it's still a good outcome.

If that's the only way Ineos gets the club then I hope they take it.

croadyman

The never ending nightmare. It’s clear at this point the Glazers are happy to hold firm and not do anything until the bidders either up their offer or pull out, until then we’ll be stuck in limbo.
Be staggered if either up their offers as both probably think they have already offered more than enough for the club.

Feels very much like neither want to be seen as backing down and bowing to Glazer demands so like you say we are in limbo

Teja

It's the same saga from the very beginning. Some of the leeches don't want to let go while others are happy to take the money and slither away. They want the buyers to fund their selfishness.

glasgow 21

You having a moan for the sake of it. Bit like the guy moaning he doesn't like being upside down having already gone into the ditch. Poor transfer for centrebacks ? was scuppered by De Gea moving and Maguire etc not moving, meant no CB. As for missing games, should blank ban on all purchases of African players ? There wasn't a fan worth his salt who would have been unhappy signing him after the CL final display. Moaning about AFcon, he could easily be injured for 7 games and being at United increases the chances of this happening too.

philippexyz

I would advise all people to be patient in this game. Trajectory of a club with Glazers staying is clearly downward and relative strength of the brand is decreasing. We will know more about the fate of Manchester United in the incoming months or couple of years.

Glazers are somewhat backed into a corner. United is a ticking time bomb. This club will completely fall of the wheels and reach eventual relegation/bankruptcy/administration with Glazers and their incompetence/business model or it will be repaired and start to rise again.

They can't really borrow any more money, they don't have the cash or willingness to invest into the club themselves. Old Trafford and Carrington need urgent, serious investment, overall debt is getting into unsustainable, enourmous amount. We are reaching the end game. Either Titanic-like collapse and tragedy of an institution like Manchester United was/is or some form of a rebirth, redefinition.

No matter how much you love this club, don't let these grotesque, pathologically greedy goblins/orcs ruin your mood and provide you with stress for much longer. Don't be so emotionally invested(for now, in the Glazer Apocalypse era) in the club. There are other, far more important things in life than football. Don't even visit/open this thread often, it's mostly futile(gives you disappointment and false hope most of the time) and it gets addictive, I know.

Be patient, and observe the chaos which will unfold, at least relatively soon. Cheers.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I would advise all people to be patient in this game. Trajectory of a club with Glazers staying is clearly downward and relative strength of the brand is decreasing. We will know more about the fate of Manchester United in the incoming months or couple of years.

Glazers are somewhat backed into a corner. United is a ticking time bomb. This club will completely fall of the wheels and reach eventual relegation/bankruptcy/administration with Glazers and their incompetence/business model or it will be repaired and start to rise again.

They can't really borrow any more money, they don't have the cash or willingness to invest into the club themselves. Old Trafford and Carrington need urgent, serious investment, overall debt is getting into unsustainable, enourmous amount. We are reaching the end game. Either Titanic-like collapse and tragedy of an institution like Manchester United was/is or some form of a rebirth, redefinition.

No matter how much you love this club, don't let these grotesque, pathologically greedy goblins/orcs ruin your mood and provide you with stress for much longer. Don't be so emotionally invested(for now, in the Glazer Apocalypse era) in the club. There are other, far more important things in life than football. Don't even visit/open this thread often, it's mostly futile(gives you disappointment and false hope most of the time) and it gets addictive, I know.

Be patient, and observe the chaos which will unfold, at least relatively soon. Cheers.
You realise that we just signed record deals in the past few months for the kit and the logo on the chest --- despite poor on-field performance?

If anything the commercial team have just justified the value of the club has been undervalued.

Last edited:

Flying high

I agree. Time is not on their side.

In the meantime, fellow reds, I urge you all to not give the leeches any of your money.

mu4c_20le

Or... the Glazers actually know what they're doing, and aren't making decisions based on a whim. The best we can do is guess what their intentions are, and I'm surprised so many people are still thinking they are desperate and in trouble.

Gordon Godot

Or... the Glazers actually know what they're doing, and aren't making decisions based on a whim. The best we can do is guess what their intentions are, and I'm surprised so many people are still thinking they are desperate and in trouble.
If some of the briefings are correct that they think they can get much more in a couple of years they are just plain stupid.

wolvored

I've never really bought into that. Sure he is the reason the last owners sold but we easily could have ended up with better owners as well.

It's not SAFs fault that they sold to the Glazers. He had no say in that.
It was his greed that ultimately caused the 'Coolmore mafia' to sell their shares to the parastes dad.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
It was his greed that ultimately caused the 'Coolmore mafia' to sell their shares to the parastes dad.
Weren't the Glaziers already part owners and looking to buy the club? From what I read about Mangier and Mcmanus they seem like shitty, vindictive people.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Weren't the Glaziers already part owners and looking to buy the club? From what I read about Mangier and Mcmanus they seem like shitty, vindictive people.
Genuinely think the period of our history between 2001 and 2005 would make for a fascinating documentary one day. Some of what was happening behind the scenes at that point massively shaped the club's future.

Fergie rowing with Mangier and Mcmanus ultimately led to the Glazer's taking over but the path arguably started in 2001. Imagine how different things would have been if Fergie had quit/retired at this point like it was suggested in this random match report from the end of 2000/2001. Not as much success between that 2001 and 2013 but probably no Glazers and the club would be in a much better position.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/1338557.stm

Lemoor

They were. The fact that Magnier and McManus owned only 30% is usually ignored with this story.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Yes. The Glazers would've eventually taken over either way. Unfair to put the blame on SAF / Horsegate.

Pes6Monster

Genuinely think the period of our history between 2001 and 2005 would make for a fascinating documentary one day. Some of what was happening behind the scenes at that point massively shaped the club's future.

Fergie rowing with Mangier and Mcmanus ultimately led to the Glazer's taking over but the path arguably started in 2001. Imagine how different things would have been if Fergie had quit/retired at this point like it was suggested in this random match report from the end of 2000/2001. Not as much success between that 2001 and 2013 but probably no Glazers and the club would be in a much better position.

It is a tempting narrative to have a go at senior United figures for 'leading to the Glazers', especially for Red Rebels, but it's all stuff and nonsense, a hook for Football365 addictions and those seeking a good yarn.

Most ABUs live by it so they can claim our current stress is a self-inflicted wound, and Fergie's 'greed' is the 'real reason' we suffer the Glazers.

Fact is the Glazers would have taken over anyway. It may have precipitated matters, probably, but it isn't the crucial cause some would like it to be.

As for 2001, you forget Fergie was going to leave in 2002 and had it all sorted after the Glasgow CL final. It was Cathy Ferguson who ultimately changed his mind.

Last edited:

Cloud7

Now that is one hell of an alternate timeline for us to muse on. On the one hand, you would say probably no glazers, but then there's always the chance that we could have ended up with someone worse. I know that's hard to imagine, but I am sure that there are just as bad/worse owners out there, they've just not managed to get their hands on a club like ours. But there is also every chance we could have had a better owner because it's hard to be worse than the Glazers have been.

On the other hand, those years were the best years of my football supporting life on a personal level. Those are the years I actually remember, and a big part of why I enjoyed it so much is because of how good United was. I don't think I would have traded those years for anything.

On a club level, I think if we were not as successful as we were during those years, then we may have fallen behind clubs like chelsea and arsenal in terms of popularity and global fanbase, which in turn would have had the club in a generally worse position these days I think.

wolvored

I think leeches dad had 29% and needed the CM shares as they had about the same percent, to buy the club, If I remember correctly. Look up Rock of Gibralta story. Fergie came across as a greedy bastard and this led to the rift which eventually led to the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.