Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying high

Are you a match going fan?
Only free tickets these days, so not often.

You going to arrange this?
Oh you got me there! Good one.

No, I'm not going to arrange this. My best efforts were in the early days, when I lived close and even then I was more of the moral support/pad out the numbers/add cash when I could type of person. If you think that disqualifies me from commenting on this subject then I'd suggest putting me on ignore, because I'm not going to stop giving vocal support to anyone trying to organise anything that puts pressure on the leeches. Nor will I stop suggesting to people who constantly feel the need to downplay any chance of forcing change, that even if there's a chance they are correct, they're simply making it even less likely with all the negativity.

gaffs

Only free tickets these days, so not often.

Oh you got me there! Good one.

No, I'm not going to arrange this. My best efforts were in the early days, when I lived close and even then I was more of the moral support/pad out the numbers/add cash when I could type of person. If you think that disqualifies me from commenting on this subject then I'd suggest putting me on ignore, because I'm not going to stop giving vocal support to anyone trying to organise anything that puts pressure on the leeches. Nor will I stop suggesting to people who constantly feel the need to downplay any chance of forcing change, that even if there's a chance they are correct, they're simply making it even less likely with all the negativity.
Im with you mate. I fully support it. But let's be realistic, it won't happen. It has not happened for 20 years. Fans don't want to play 700+ for a ST then not go to games.

And why should it now? They are finally about to part way with 25% of the club and give sporting control to Ratcliffe. If reports are true, Ratcliffe wants to move towards a full takeover and bring in top notch people on the sporting side. That may include getting rid of Murtaugh and Arnold.

So why call for boycotts now, when we are closer than ever to getting rid of them, or at the very least, them relinquishing some control?

Flying high

Im with you mate. I fully support it. But let's be realistic, it won't happen. It has not happened for 20 years. Fans don't want to play 700+ for a ST then not go to games.

And why should it now? They are finally about to part way with 25% of the club and give sporting control to Ratcliffe. If reports are true, Ratcliffe wants to move towards a full takeover and bring in top notch people on the sporting side. That may include getting rid of Murtaugh and Arnold.

So why call for boycotts now, when we are closer than ever to getting rid of them, or at the very least, them relinquishing some control?
I'm not really sure how true those reports are, I guess we'll see over the coming months.

I'm not particularly calling for boycotts now more than any other time over the last few years(but we should keep the pressure on while things are still up in the air). It's just amazing to me that the fans, as a whole, are so pacified that we haven't strung the bastards up for what they've done to the club. And now, when just about everyone agrees they're terrible and need to go, we still see so little support for those that have been standing up and leading.

I think I may have used my daily rant quota before United play. Rookie move. :nervous:

gaffs

I'm not really sure how true those reports are, I guess we'll see over the coming months.

I'm not particularly calling for boycotts now more than any other time over the last few years(but we should keep the pressure on while things are still up in the air). It's just amazing to me that the fans, as a whole, are so pacified that we haven't strung the bastards up for what they've done to the club. And now, when just about everyone agrees they're terrible and need to go, we still see so little support for those that have been standing up and leading.

I think I may have used my daily rant quota before United play. Rookie move. :nervous:
Let's just hope they are on the way out. :)

Zora

Nothing changes until these are gone. Just keep reminding yourselves that.

The Glazers, ETH, Mourtough and the suits and 99% of the playing staff all need replacing.

This club is headed the way of Nottingham Forest. And I truly believe that now.

I’m glad we’re losing every game. I repeat myself but I don’t care - we need to hit absolute rock bottom for changes to happen.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I hope those top reds are ready for the mid-table experience

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Enjoy the minority investment from Jim and live in the dream world that he will fix everything. Good luck !

This club needed a major shake up. Can't believe we spoiled that for a minority investment.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Here's hoping those 'fans' purely in it for success find another club to follow.
Sure, because I'm sure you've followed United down to the second division.

Reality is a bitch but some of you will eventually get it

Zora

I hope those top reds are ready for the mid-table experience
Which Top Reds? The ones who didn’t want the human right’s abusers?

You’re still so bitter over this Qatar nonsense. Just because some of us would rather not have a state owning the club, doesn’t mean that we’re happy with the Glazers.

And Qatar wouldn’t pay what the Glazers wanted.

And - AND: how is the Utd fans fault that Qatar didn’t buy us? What exactly did a few people at RedCafe do to make Qatar pull out? Did Jassim read one of @Wumminator posts and think “Nah, I don’t fancy this now. I will buy Greggs instead.”

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Clubs prospects don't look great right now under the Glazers, Newcastle will be ahead of us under Saudi ownership for a long time IMO.

If Glazers retain any ownership in this itll be the same until they up and leave. Very sad times. Be prepared for another few decades of this trash.

Telsim

So, is it time to get the green and gold scarves out from the desk drawers, or do we wait until Liverpool beat us 10:0 at Anfield? :lol:

vivaronaldo

Enjoy the minority investment from Jim and live in the dream world that he will fix everything. Good luck !

This club needed a major shake up. Can't believe we spoiled that for a minority investment.
agree 100% - we have become a laughing stock for a reason but this one tops the cake

Appletonred

there will be no protests ,no boycotts - same fans will turn up like they do every week in "support" of the team , not realising they are simply lining the glazers pockets everytime they do
Yep, can't make it up, here's my money, enjoy Florida!

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Nothing changes until these are gone. Just keep reminding yourselves that.

The Glazers, ETH, Mourtough and the suits and 99% of the playing staff all need replacing.

This club is headed the way of Nottingham Forest. And I truly believe that now.

I’m glad we’re losing every game. I repeat myself but I don’t care - we need to hit absolute rock bottom for changes to happen.
I have mixed emotions about losing, I don't want the team to lose, but then I think if we keep losing, then hopefully the glazers will panic and sell up quickly.
I'm losing faith with ETH, he just doesn't seem to have a plan of how the team should be playing, players all look like individuals, very slow build up, but admittedly he has lost the whole of his preferred back four, but some of the clubs purchases since he took over has been baffling.
I have been thinking about what we can do to, hopefully, get the glazers out of the club, and all I could think of was to personally email, or send a letter, to the CEO of every one of the 27 companies that sponsor United, and vow to not purchase from, or use the services of that company until every one of the glazers has left the club, and also to ask friends and acquaintances to do the same. This seems like the perfect time to do this.

Last edited:

edgecutter

Still time for Jim to pull that offer. This club may be worth a lot less if this continues

Hulme91

I genuinely cannot fathom how some can still spend hundreds/thousands of pounds to watch this absolute trash in person. And all the while knowing your money goes straight to the Glazer family..:wenger:

Telsim

Don't worry, lads. Jim will fix it... by keeping the same people in power.

Yeah.

crackers0seven

Wonder did the glazers miss out on their top price for this club 6months ago. Club is in freefall. So much needed for investment In every department. Hope them greedy picks end up with a midtable club that they've to flogged for way less than they could have gotten last year. Plenty clubs on the up and we are on way down. Deffo few yrs of midtable fun.

fallengt

April 25th, 2050, United playing in championship fighting for 15 places with Stoke City. Glazers now in their 80s, hoping to sell the club for gorillions Dirham money. When alone, people see them moaning "Damn it Joel. Should've taken Jassimi's offer"

gaffs

Don't worry, lads. Jim will fix it... by keeping the same people in power.

Yeah.
That is exactly what he is not going. You not read that he will get footballing control?

The Glazers know they know nothing about football and who to hire.

What you want, Jim to not get involved and everything stay as is?

Telsim

That is exactly what he is not going. You not read that he will get footballing control?

The Glazers know they know nothing about football and who to hire.

What you want, Jim to not get involved and everything stay as is?
I read it. I just don't make a habit of believing pie in the sky rubbish like this. "Footballing control". Is he going to coach the team? Or what? Because for anything else he needs money. Guess who holds the keys to the vault?

The way I see it, he is the one keeping them in power. He wants more, he will have to pay for it. And he isn't. The whole crap about doing it at some point just isn't doing it for me. It's a "2 more weeks" kind of thing. So, if his deal falling through means considerably shortening their lifespan as owners who am I to say no?

I have already discussed this enough in this thread. You can look it up if you are so inclined, I'm not going to retread old ground.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Best thing that could happen right now is Jim to pull out of the deal and leave the leeches wallowing in their own filth.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Wonder did the glazers miss out on their top price for this club 6months ago. Club is in freefall. So much needed for investment In every department. Hope them greedy picks end up with a midtable club that they've to flogged for way less than they could have gotten last year. Plenty clubs on the up and we are on way down. Deffo few yrs of midtable fun.
Record revenue last season. It will probably be close to 700m this season. Talk of us being in a dire mess and having FFP restrictions are over the top.

El Zoido

This whole thing about Jim supposedly running the football side of things while only being a minority investor, it’s not reality. The Glazers still have the power. This is not going to work, we’re being sold a lie.

Someone

Something
The club really needed a complete break from the Glazers. We have a complete wreck of a squad and a lot of money needs to be spent that we don't have. Really don't think Ratcliffe resolves anything. FML.

Red_Manc_M15

Record revenue last season. It will probably be close to 700m this season. Talk of us being in a dire mess and having FFP restrictions are over the top.
If that is true why did we scrimp and save for loan signings? We're skint bro. Over 1b all in. I have lost interest didn't watch the game because I knew what would happen. Ended up watching some OCG thing on BBC2.

Appletonred

Club is in free fall and I cannot fathom why the Glazers are wanting to hold onto it? nothing will change even with Ratcliffe on board, they simply have to sell the club in its entirety as soon as possible, the club is done.

Marcelinho87

This whole thing about Jim supposedly running the football side of things while only being a minority investor, it’s not reality. The Glazers still have the power. This is not going to work, we’re being sold a lie.
Why would Jim bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.