Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

19Dan81

You have to wonder if the whole life was sucked out of the club upon the news of Jassim's consortium pulling out of the sale process. The realisation that the future is just the same must have had a ripple effect on all those that have worked at the club for such a long time - the ones that see the cultural and structural decline of a once elite institution. The club is in free-fall and it's not just us the fans that are suffering, it's every single person working at the club that were looking forward to seeing a new start with new owners, the investments and a new direction back towards excellence. It's really no wonder we're seeing what we're seeing on the pitch.

sirAlexsglasses

I genuinely cannot fathom how some can still spend hundreds/thousands of pounds to watch this absolute trash in person. And all the while knowing your money goes straight to the Glazer family..:wenger:
my thoughts exactly, I haven’t been to a game since those shysters took over, I can’t be spitting blood about it and continue to line their pockets. If every fan did this they wouldn’t be here. By continuing to purchase tickets and buy merchandise, you have fed the virus.

crackers0seven

Record revenue last season. It will probably be close to 700m this season. Talk of us being in a dire mess and having FFP restrictions are over the top.
OK,record revenue last season,but didn't we just come out of a summer where we were basically work within ffp. On pitch we are miles away,stadium is a money pit, training ground needs doing, debt still there, at least 6months ago on pitch looked OK,cup in bag,top4,long term manager.. people would pay for that. But now on pitch looks further than ever away,sancho situation,greenwood Anthony stuff, varane casemiro look finished and eth looks outta of his depth.. looks like a toxic investment now,where as before there was glimpses of hope. Anyways maybe a few yrs out of champions league might force glazers out of here and get the much needed reset. Waste of time being in it cause we aren't going to mount a challenge in it and all it does is add money to the owners pockets. Wonder if pool had caught us last season for top4 would the club have had a full sale. Did the glazers see the team going in right direction and think hold on we can still milk a few more yrs out of this. Depressing situation. At least I've experienced successful times supporting utd. I feel sorry for my 8yr old son,pool and even arsenal fans giving it to him every Monday in school :(

sirAlexsglasses

Record revenue last season. It will probably be close to 700m this season. Talk of us being in a dire mess and having FFP restrictions are over the top.
Errrrr did you not see the clubs annual accounts? We’re fecked, have you seen how much we still owe in transfers……and we extended our line of credit to purchase this seasons transfers, when interest rates are through the roof.

Baxquux

Club is in free fall and I cannot fathom why the Glazers are wanting to hold onto it? nothing will change even with Ratcliffe on board, they simply have to sell the club in its entirety as soon as possible, the club is done.
Greed, and not understanding how even the biggest brand name can't endure long-term without a 'product' (on the field, player acquisition and development and management), in this case) strategy. They think the 'brand' is unassailable and they'll still be eligible for whatever compromise version of the Super League they're hoping for in the next few years,, even if the club is midtable or worse. It's not even an Arsenal '4th place trophy' scenario where they plateaued for the sake of the stadium, given their cash-flow, but kept above water and had a generally sound player recruitment strategy. The Glazers have allowed the club to turn into shorthand for mismanagement, but they're not astute enough to pick up on the medium -term trends or the 'signalling' They don't have a proper value-mechanism because (a) they're aged nepobabies who've never had to prove or cultivate their intelligence and can hide behind corporate advisors -advisors whose expertise don't extend to sporting clubs as a whole; and (b) they personally don't understand football except through their flunkies and toadies and whatever sanitized versions of operations and 'progress' the likes of Murtough and ultimately Arnold, as the 'voice to the board', have had to provide..

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Greed, and not understanding how even the biggest brand name can't endure long-term without a 'product' (on the field, player acquisition and development and management), in this case) strategy. They think the 'brand' is unassailable and they'll still be eligible for whatever compromise version of the Super League they're hoping for in the next few years,, even if the club is midtable or worse. It's not even an Arsenal '4th place trophy' scenario where they plateaued for the sake of the stadium, given their cash-flow, but kept above water and had a generally sound player recruitment strategy. The Glazers have allowed the club to turn into shorthand for mismanagement, but they're not astute enough to pick up on the medium -term trends or the 'signalling' They don't have a proper value-mechanism because (a) they're aged nepobabies who've never had to prove or cultivate their intelligence and can hide behind corporate advisors -advisors whose expertise don't extend to sporting clubs as a whole; and (b) they personally don't understand football except through their flunkies and toadies and whatever sanitized versions of operations and 'progress' the likes of Murtough and ultimately Arnold, as the 'voice to the board', have had to provide..
We just signed a record shirt sponsorship deal.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...ponsor-deal-snapdragon-qualcomm-b1106651.html

This is why the Glazers are still here. We have yet to see a collapse in revuene despite 10 years of dross on the pitch.

bstb3

Well it's been relatively high profile dross - either in the Champions League or Europa and keeping our name in the headlines with various dramas, successes, failures and sackings. What they live on is the profile and public exposure. It's why ETH will go and we sometimes sign high profile players that don't fit. The death knell for them would be once people stop being interested at all, mid table mediocrity without even trainwrecks to fall back on. Thats what will get rid of them, but they probably won't allow it to happen.

Baxquux

We just signed a record shirt sponsorship deal.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...ponsor-deal-snapdragon-qualcomm-b1106651.html

This is why the Glazers are still here. We have yet to see a collapse in revuene despite 10 years of dross on the pitch.
Eventually. as a 'brand' you can't keep spinning that line though, when you're consistently overtaken and sponsors are being mocked online for their associations with your club/brand. They could pitch the club as being 'on the up' and overcoming their old mistakes, under ETH, but now it's the same story again. Eventually 'patners', as wellas porspective fans or 'fairweather' international fans will drift away or, in the case of 'partners' start asking more questions about lo0ng-term vision. Maybe it takes longer than it should for all that to be 'proceed-in' - still doesn't mean the Glazers have been anything less than moronic overall in light of their existing resources and 'market share'. What's happened here was pretty much completely unnecessary - lost of clubs have prominent marketing arms and even the most outlandish tie-ins without letting their footballing side slide to this extent. It would have cost them relatively little just to employ an established footballing CEO and an SD to match 7 years ago. They'd still make money hand over fist and raise the value of the club.

If you read up on the day-to-day processes, in terms of efficiency of decision-making, in terms of a very selective micromanagement, in terms of interference out of the most quixotic impulses made by people with lower levels of footballing understanding than the average poster here, it's scandalous. If the FA weren't such parasites themselves, every club would be subject to yearly audits around 'good practice' and stewardship and in general run as social enterprises, let alone implementing the 50+ 1 rule. But the Glazers, at top flight level at least, are the worst of the worst of the ownership class, even more than Everton or when Liverpool were run by Hicks and Gillett, given relative resources and position of the club when they gained control.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Only if you are financially illiterate which a lot on here are.

Laurencio

Only if you are financially illiterate which a lot on here are.
On the plus side , the Glazers must becoming aware that the club is just about to peak in value before a heavy fall if this keeps up, so maybe they realise that selling out is the most profitable thing to do?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
On the plus side , the Glazers must becoming aware that the club is just about to peak in value before a heavy fall if this keeps up, so maybe they realise that selling out is the most profitable thing to do?
Yeah, well, I firmly believed that and thought full sale was a given and yet here we are.

I'm about to give up tbh. What's the point in following an entertainment entity that doesn't entertain?

Yorke to Cole

If this goes through.Ratcliffe is expected to sort a lot out for 25%. Is he going to be like Gordon Ramsey in Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares?

Ratcliffe must ensure he has the rights to more % ownership in the future, otherwise I would prefer him to pull out.

Rojofiam

I hope those top reds are ready for the mid-table experience
Are you gonna come in here after every loss banging on your chest about how "top reds" are at fault for Shake Jizzum pulling out and and how the Ineos full takeover will never happen because Jimmy Brexit is just a 7th Glazer?

Me and several others of the same opinion have stated that we would rather take relegation than state ownership...and the problem is that you're acting like it's either Qatar or we aren't ever competing again and it's making you feel very frustrated that the former option is gone...whilst me and I'm sure many others are quite calm at the moment because we know that Ineos will likely improve the situation drastically within the first 6 months.

I think we will all be way more optimistic about the future in September 2024, after the first summer window under Jim.

putzmcgee123

If this goes through.Ratcliffe is expected to sort a lot out for 25%. Is he going to be like Gordon Ramsey in Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares?

Ratcliffe must ensure he has the rights to more % ownership in the future, otherwise I would prefer him to pull out.
All in good time. Of course, if he just takes 25% with nothing but hope for a future majority, there goes my final bit of sanity as it pertains to this club. :devil:

fallengt

Probably coincidence but team played well when sale started, which somewhere from last october, then stopped once they knew Glazers were not being serious.

Woziak

We got to two domestic cup finals and had a record home games last season, yes CL group games will be marginally more than last 16 of Europa League. Revenue might be £675m at a max and the net loss will be £50m as we pay off ETH management team and recruit a new one. P

RedDevilQuebecois

there will be no protests ,no boycotts - same fans will turn up like they do every week in "support" of the team , not realising they are simply lining the glazers pockets everytime they do
No wonder why I openly call those people out as one of the biggest culprits for our own problems. They behave like drug addicts who do not even realize that there is a very serious problem where the only solution is to use drastic means upon the issue.

croadyman

Enjoy the minority investment from Jim and live in the dream world that he will fix everything. Good luck !

This club needed a major shake up. Can't believe we spoiled that for a minority investment.
Those leeches are the ones who spoiled it and now us fans have to suffer as a result

croadyman

Best thing that could happen right now is Jim to pull out of the deal and leave the leeches wallowing in their own filth.
I am starting to think you are right,how on earth does he think he can turn it around off the pitch with such toxicity everywhere

croadyman

This is probably gonna sound mental but has everyone in the club just given up hope since Jassim walked away from process

Pes6Monster

You have to wonder if the whole life was sucked out of the club upon the news of Jassim's consortium pulling out of the sale process.
This is probably gonna sound mental but has everyone in the club just given up hope since Jassim walked away from process
If that is true, last night truly is a blessing in disguise.

You won't perform for paying supporters because some dubious billionaire will not buy Mbappe and install a Jumbotron?

Feck the feck up and get out of the club, so. We need serious players, not good-time charlies.

Laurencio

On the bright side, the further we fall, the more incentive for INEOS to quickly show they are the right custodians to bring us forward.

Gordon Godot

You do wonder as it was rumoured Qatar was the prefered bid by the players, manager and staff.
Yep, other than a few at the top who rely on Glazers for their job, I assume most employees hate the Glazers as they see the rot and wanted shot of them. The club is toxic.Fans need to stay away, only then do Glazers go

Pughnichi

I’d actually take a relegation and couple of seasons in the championship if it meant we lost a lot of dross from the squad and the glazers were gone.

No VAR as well…bonus

Gordon Godot

I’d actually take a relegation and couple of seasons in the championship if it meant we lost a lot of dross from the squad and the glazers were gone.

No VAR as well…bonus
Yep, I am also hoping for relegation as its the only way shot of them. Or a mass boycott. Both unlikely

RedDevilUnited369

Jimmy Glazer overpaying for 25% is starting to look more and more stupid as we decline into a mid table mess.

I’m not convinced he will do it…as his loyalists keep saying, he’s not a stupid man.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

No VAR as well…bonus
If we get relegated they won’t sell as the asset would have lost too much value.

All it really takes a strong spine at the executive level as once you have that in place a club like United will automatically attract managers, players and eventually, success. But our owners are utter wankers who keep appointing people like Murtough, Woodward, Fletcher etc who can’t compete at this level with what other clubs have. Let’s just hope SJR comes in asap and isn’t as thick as the leech family.

Tony247

If things to get better we really need to reach the rock bottom. Otherwise same old same old.

davidmichael

I’m now at the point where I hope there’s no investment and we continue as we are so the fecking cnuting parasites are stuck with an asset they’ve destroyed and can’t afford to keep so they’re forced into a full sale within the next 18 months, they’ve got til 2025 to pay the historical debt from the original loan to buy the club and with interest rates only going one way they wouldn’t be able to restructure it due to not being able to afford it.

If I was Ratcliffe right now I’d forget the ego side of him wanting to be United owner and wait it out as the club isn’t getting a CL place this season and even an EL place is doubtful unless something changes rapidly therefore come next summer they’ll be nothing for transfers without massive outgoings, we failed a form of FFP last summer and do our business on a credit facility which we maxed out again last summer.

No hedge fund or investment group like Elliott would want to do business with the parasites without a guarantee that they own the club the second something is defaulted on as they know the club is bleeding money, is struggling on the pitch, is in need of investment for infrastructure and owes money all over the place which also means no credit facility would up our limit either.

I’ll hate watching us struggle but it’s a necessity in order to get the complete reset from the very top that’s needed and from a business perspective it’s good business for anyone to be able to buy United on the cheap once the parasites have run out of wiggle room than pay them a massive premium just to have your name attached to United.

Appletonred

No manager in world football be it Zidane, Pep, Klopp, Ancelloti or whoever can save this club until it becomes a football club first and foremost with the sole aim of winning titles again, the club as we once knew it has long gone and 25 percent incoming fixes absolutely nothing, nada, zero, the club is on life support and badly needs a completely new ownership, innovation, structure, and the best in class, sad times for a once great football club.

ClassOf'99

Yep, other than a few at the top who rely on Glazers for their job, I assume most employees hate the Glazers as they see the rot and wanted shot of them. The club is toxic.Fans need to stay away, only then do Glazers go
I mean if the training ground and stadium is falling apart on the bits we can see, I wonder what the other parts of the club look like if they are neglecting the parts that they actually paid money into i.e the players.

Doesn't sound like a good place to work for everyday people either, they needed to be shifted and everything needed redone but it was a pipe dream that we would get shot of them anytime soon.

Mainoldo

No manager in world football be it Zidane, Pep, Klopp, Ancelloti or whoever can save this club until it becomes a football club first and foremost with the sole aim of winning titles again, the club as we once knew it has long gone and 25 percent incoming fixes absolutely nothing, nada, zero, the club is on life support and badly needs a completely new ownership, innovation, structure, and the best in class, sad times for a once great football club.
Do people even know what this means? A managers job is to manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.