Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Let the good times roll. Unzipped and fully erect by this news. The state of football has been fecked for years, the NBA is in bed with China who oppresses HK and Uyghurs. Boxing and MMA holding events in Saudi Arabia. If I want to be morally correct golf might be the only sport left. I'll pass on that. Our dominance will be glorious.
LIV tour is underwritten by the Saudis.

Alonzo

Plenty of Tory or would-be Tory voters in these here pages ha. Cheerleading for human rights abuse. Enjoy your ignorance i guess.

Would appear the Glazers parting gift was to sell the soul of the club. A sad day.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I stand by all of those comments. But that doesn’t mean that I can walk away from Manchester United.

In a perfect world a British billionaire would buy the club, remove all debt and provide the infrastructure changes we need. But that is incredibly unlikely.

Do I agree with some religions beliefs when it comes to sexuality and women’s rights? No I don’t. But I have no control over that and it’s not my place to tell someone that their religion is wrong.

What you are doing to posters tonight is pathetic. You can wash your hands of the club if you wish and that’s fine. It’s your choice pal. But many of us can’t and that’s not wrong either.
Quoting people’s own words back at them is never wrong. It’s a public forum and it takes five seconds to search Qatar. If people have completely changed their tune on human rights abuse because it benefits them, they should be told and face that about themselves.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Quoting people’s own words back at them is never wrong. It’s a public forum and it takes five seconds to search Qatar. If people have completely changed their tune on human rights abuse because it benefits them, they should be told and face that about themselves.
Maybe you should face that you are coming across a total cnut

sparx99

I assume you use no oil based products or petrol?

jm99

I don't think it's wrong to change your mind. We're on an online forum, one of the worst things about twitter and online arguing is that people rarely change their opinions on anything.

The focus on Qatar has obviously hugely amplified in the last couple weeks and we have hundreds of pages with 40 posts a page, most of which has come since the Qatar rumours. Some discussion will be positive regarding Qatar, some negative and a small number will be people going through others post histories.

But if you see an argument that genuinely changes your mind on the point, then it's not wrong to change it. Maybe thats the case, maybe not, it might just be people rationalising so they can keep supporting the club, but I'd hope over hundreds of pages of discussion some people might have made good points that change people's minds

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I don't think it's wrong to change your mind. We're on an online forum, one of the worst things about twitter and online arguing is that people rarely change their opinions on anything.

The focus on Qatar has obviously hugely amplified in the last couple weeks and we have hundreds of pages with 40 posts a page, most of which has come since the Qatar rumours. Some discussion will be positive regarding Qatar, some negative and a small number will be people going through others post histories.

But if you see an argument that genuinely changes your mind on the point, then it's not wrong to change it. Maybe thats the case, maybe not, it might just be people rationalising so they can keep supporting the club, but I'd hope over hundreds of pages of discussion some people might have made good points that change people's minds
That would be fine if the conversations were not inevitably.

Poster: The way this country treats people is disgusting and I hate them. They’re bad

*country offers new signings*

Poster: Maybe this club is alright after all.

skenderbeg

Supports
Real Madrid
I stand by all of those comments. But that doesn’t mean that I can walk away from Manchester United.

In a perfect world a British billionaire would buy the club, remove all debt and provide the infrastructure changes we need. But that is incredibly unlikely.

Do I agree with some religions beliefs when it comes to sexuality and women’s rights? No I don’t. But I have no control over that and it’s not my place to tell someone that their religion is wrong.

What you are doing to posters tonight is pathetic. You can wash your hands of the club if you wish and that’s fine. It’s your choice pal. But many of us can’t and that’s not wrong either.
A lot of you who have been doxxed like instagram porta pottys now create narrative to fans like Wum, that he is pathetic, he is bad person because he discusses on forum about yours public posts, he's bad person because he isnt one of your kind which would sell their arses off for couple of gold, only to justify yourself.
Big hater on Qatar because they steal WC, hundreds of workers die for their 'best WC' ever, a lot of discrimination and completly different culture which opposed your every opinion in life and you are ready now to swallow it. Just do it, dont make someone else whos not hypocrite a bad person. Change your opinions, tell your LGBT friend to buy MU ticket when Qataris come, that was important to you somewhile ago now its not.
Manchester is top tier football club with huge history, its okay for City ( for who guys like u are bitchin about oil injected money ) who doesnt have anything to be puppet like they are, to just ruin football as it is with nasty things they did, but problem there isnt about money, its about selling one legendary club to criminal organisation which infiltrate themselvs more and more in society where they shouldnt be. They didnt just boy PSG, they have a political interest and they are huge now in France.
Research a bit about journalist who talked about their 'things' , how they get missing. Or Al Khelaifi threating referes that they will kill them.

Hasawi Red

I’ve monitored and read (& laughed) at this thread for days/weeks now, without getting involved, because it usually turns into a shit show of politics & close-minded opinions, but here goes anyway:

1) if we’re bought by Qatar, why do we suddenly turn into an oil/plastic club? If they allow the club to not be saddled with debt & allow us to spend what we can afford, without taking dividends out, how does that turn us into a plastic club? If they’re pumping £billions of their own money in transfers, above our spend limit, surely either FFP kicks in, and if it doesn’t, then sure, I’d understand the argument. But just having a simple case of “change of ownership” doesn’t miraculously mean we were relegation candidates artificially turned into challengers. We’ve also been one of the biggest names in football. Also, I’ve worked in corporate my entire career so it might be easier for me to separate ownership from operations (& on field operations). That’s just how business works. & football is business at the end of the day.

2) they’ll spend money on infrastructure and improving the facilities, which is great for the club, again, that doesn’t turn us into an oil club but rather having owners who are investing into the sporting project. Maybe they even finance it through the club, who knows. But it would be great having an owner/sponsor willing to invest into the club, versus seeing the club as a for-profit venture.

3) the world has been going this way since the dawn of time. The wealthy are extremely wealthy but there’s no real right answer in the equation as most of the wealthy generally got there by pillaging/abusing/using the poorest of the poor. Would any/most other owners really be head and shoulders above being owned by the emir of Qatar (or whatever they call him)? Or do you just consider them as such because they fit more into your personal belief system? Why can’t your personal belief system be separated from the ownership of a football club as long as they’re not trying to force their way of thinking down your throat (he’s supposedly been educated in the UK and loves football from that aspect anyway)? Unless you’d prefer another VC type ownership because it’s either sketchy billionaires or “VC type investors at these prices”….

4) maybe I’m too “lenient” or open minded coming from the third world and witnessing its horrors. Horrors most of you (a generalisation as I know it’s not all of you) are not accustomed to, but we experience it almost on the daily. It’s never right, nor should it be normalised, but the world extends, and is far greater than “just the west and your way of life”. There are other ways of life. You might not agree with it but there are, and it’s easy for most of you to sit there and criticise and judge but try being born into that, the family, the teachings, the values….its indoctrination in a form…& then try seeing how easy it is to simply severe ties with those you love because you deem it “wrong” - how would you even define wrong after living in that world your entire life? Seems a few of you look down on the Middle East and their way of life because it doesn’t fit into your own thinking about life and what it should be like. Maybe it works for them? Who knows. I certainly don’t but I find the entire “shutdown” a little condescending because you happened to be born into some sort of “privilege” (not even mentioning how all those privileges were obtained in the fist place).

Anyway, these are my thoughts. Maybe I’m detached because we have other problems to deal with here in our beautiful country, South Africa, where some tribes (and all across Africa I might add, also still struggle with gender equality). Maybe footy or United means less to me than you, who knows. And I’m not even condoning the “sportwashing” angle here, but maybe if everyone was a little more “accepting and forgiving” of some of the unknown, we could also show them the beauty of a different way of life and try and garner change to their regimes in that manner? It’s a weird world we’re living in, where a lot of the wests privilege today was borne out of the suffering of others, and whilst you feel like you might have progressed in lfiezc you might also have left others lagging behind even more, but yet some of you seem unable to “make amends” (why should you?) and give others a chance at change, by simply setting a better example, a more inclusive example.

But I guess these thoughts are too idealistic. Because it’s sports. You know, serious life threatening business in the grander scheme of life.

@golden_blunder sorry for posting “politics” in here as I know we’re trying to keep it only sale related. Was my one and only post of its ilk. I’m doing a lucky scout and saying “not open to replies from me” once I’ve aired my thoughts :lol:
Thank you, been contemplating posting here with a lengthy post having gone throught the same feeling u did while scanning this this thread but u said it better then i would of been able too!

Last edited:

jm99

Poster: The way this country treats people is disgusting and I hate them. They’re bad

Well fair enough, I did some of it was rationalising, but people on here are going to have been far more exposed to different arguments surrounding Qatar in the last few weeks rather than if they just paid attention to the general media which is basically just "Qatar bad". I've said that I agree they're bad with the things they do, but they are a very religious country and when we still based our society off of books from the dark ages, we weren't all that progressive either

I would hope them investing in the west is the start of a move that ends with them more culturally aligned with us and some of our values, it has in other countries, like Saudi Arabia, where there has been some real progress on womens rights, and its far from perfect but it's going to be slow, we legalised homosexuality in 1967 and it was 2013 before we legalised gay marriage

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Well fair enough, I did some of it was rationalising, but people on here are going to have been far more exposed to different arguments surrounding Qatar in the last few weeks rather than if they just paid attention to the general media which is basically just "Qatar bad". I've said that I agree they're bad with the things they do, but they are a very religious country and when we still based our society off of books from the dark ages, we weren't all that progressive either

I would hope them investing in the west is the start of a move that ends with them more culturally aligned with us and some of our values, it has in other countries, like Saudi Arabia, where there has been some real progress on womens rights, and its far from perfect but it's going to be slow, we legalised homosexuality in 1967 and it was 2013 before we legalised gay marriage
Fair enough, that is a fair enough point of view.

Berbaclass

Or people just find it difficult to abandon something they have loved and supported for more than two decades. You are simplifying things way too much.

sglowrider

Once we get our house in order in terms of quality and depth in the squad we won't be needing more than 1-2 additions per summer. Build and improve the infrastructure, facilities, academy, scouting network etc. and we won't need to spend money like water on players every year.
Its would be clever of Murtough & ETH not to make huge Boehley-like transfer windows. It makes its tough for integration and more critically, it shoots up fans' expectations. Almost all managers rarely survive huge transfer spendings/windows -- the exception being Steve Cooper.

sglowrider

I am really enjoying this year and the evolution under Ten Hag. I hope the new owners whoever they are leave him and his team to make decisions on new players.

It feels like 91 again, where you can sense it’s coming back.
Personally, I thought the same when Robson was signed. :confused: :nervous:

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
To be a true fan you must:
  • Live within 5 miles of Manchester
  • Attend every game including away
  • Have Manchester United wallpaper all over your house, and have Manchester United bedsheets.
  • You must legally change your middle name to the current managers first name.
  • All your children must be named after the top scorer of the season in which they are born
  • You must discuss current transfer targets at every meal time with family and show how you would integrate them into the squad
If you don't meet this criteria you're just a glory hunter (because that's why we're here the last 10 years salivating at the caravan cup)

sglowrider

• Have Manchester United wallpaper all over your house, and have Manchester United bedsheets.
  • All your children must be named after the top scorer of the season in which they are born
  • You must discuss current transfer targets at every meal time with family and show how you would integrate them into the squad
If you don't meet this criteria you're just a glory hunter (because that's why we're here the last 10 years salivating at the caravan cup)
You left out: wanked to Luke Chadwick teeth & all.

Alonzo

you’re 100% correct

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Or people just find it difficult to abandon something they have loved and supported for more than two decades. You are simplifying things way too much.
Many tried to reason wc2022 wasnt a simple thing for Qatar anyways and a lot of aspect to the accusation but mostly fell to deaf ear

Now all of a sudden people reasoning because they cant stop supporting united.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
A lot of you who have been doxxed like instagram porta pottys now create narrative to fans like Wum, that he is pathetic, he is bad person because he discusses on forum about yours public posts, he's bad person because he isnt one of your kind which would sell their arses off for couple of gold, only to justify yourself.
Big hater on Qatar because they steal WC, hundreds of workers die for their 'best WC' ever, a lot of discrimination and completly different culture which opposed your every opinion in life and you are ready now to swallow it. Just do it, dont make someone else whos not hypocrite a bad person. Change your opinions, tell your LGBT friend to buy MU ticket when Qataris come, that was important to you somewhile ago now its not.
Manchester is top tier football club with huge history, its okay for City ( for who guys like u are bitchin about oil injected money ) who doesnt have anything to be puppet like they are, to just ruin football as it is with nasty things they did, but problem there isnt about money, its about selling one legendary club to criminal organisation which infiltrate themselvs more and more in society where they shouldnt be. They didnt just boy PSG, they have a political interest and they are huge now in France.
Research a bit about journalist who talked about their 'things' , how they get missing. Or Al Khelaifi threating referes that they will kill them.
I’ve never said I want ME owners. I just can’t walk away from a club I’ve supported for over 35 fecking years!

The Kag

Why are there so many delighted about state ownership?!
Opposition fans would view us as no better than City.
This club can run off its own income. We’ll forever be tagged as lottery winners with this outcome.
That’s before the backwards morals of the owners. As a father of daughters, I couldn’t morally support such a regime.
This sentiment (a fairly widespread one on here and elsewhere) makes absolutely zero sense to me. Well, at least not to this dramatic extent. Why are you acting like we're some two-bit, bottom-half fodder club that's constantly yo-yoing between promotion and relegation? Are we some nobody that hasn't won a trophy since 1925? We're Manchester United, we're one of, if not the biggest clubs in the world. Lottery winners? Odd thing to label one of the largest sports brands (yes, as painful as it might be for some sensitive ears to hear, we are a brand) on the entire planet. United is oozing with prestige, history, glory, and global appeal. The likes of Chelsea, Newcastle, and City were absolute nobodies in comparison to United which is why they get tarnished with the same brush.

Honestly, I wasn't aware I was on the Bristol City forum (no offense to them). Potential owners aside and just addressing this specific issue, what are people going to say?

Oh no, arguably the largest club in world football is *checks notes* still gigantic! Only this time they're not being sucked dry by greed vampires! Ha, lottery winners!
Can't say I'm too fussed about their asinine viewpoints. Analysts and journalists (I use these words loosely) still bleat on about how United have spent money over the years, therefore we have no right to complain. All of this whilst failing to realize it was our money to begin with. The Glazers wouldn't empty their pockets of lint to support this club, let alone money. Let them talk, they already have and continue to talk enough shite to last three lifespans. Our ascension to relevancy in terms of the club's standing isn't predicated on a sugar daddy. At the end of the day, it won't be some tycoon that pushes us from the dark corner of the stage into the spotlight; we were already there.

Last edited:

Berbaclass

I’ve never said I want ME owners. I just can’t walk away from a club I’ve supported for over 35 fecking years!
Being serious about things.

Many will feel the same way. I'm sure most of us too would want 'better' owners given the choice but we live in the real world and you have to come to terms with that.

My thoughts, opinions, or objections are absolutely meaningless and I have realized this fact. I still don't like the idea of Saudi/Qatar and ideally, it would be someone else but I don't see who can outbid them so I've had to come to terms with that.

I think they may benefit the club in many different ways but that is absolutely not the same as me explicitly supporting their regime or cultural values in any way shape or form.

The Glazers are a big reason for fans 'acceptance' of what is about to happen to the club.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
:lol: You missed a key point; at every sexy time climax you must shout "and Solskjaer has won it!"

NK86

If the Qataris bought us then if…

We could see some real progress regarding women’s rights, LGBT rights and basic human rights then it would all be hunky dory.
But I can’t see that happening just because they bought United.
Regimes love to keep the status quo of men being in charge and pretending to the outside world that they ‘promise’ to make changes.
Just don't get this. So if Qatar don't buy us and if they don't improve the bolded, it's fine with you? What have you done so far to improve that situation in Qatar except type out stuff on the keyboard?

Now you will truly get to show if you care about it deep enough by taking banners to the game against all that stuff. Would love to see how many of who are opposing it will do anything once Qatar buys us out.

Peelhead

I don't think it's fair to say that their religious texts (Quran & Hadith) mean their society is akin to the Dark Ages just because they're 1400 years old.

A huge amount of science, astronomy, geometry, mathematics, was developed by Arab scholars. That's why we have Arabic numerals, like 1,2,3 and so on.

Things aren't always what they seem from our perspective, that's all I'm saying.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I’ve monitored and read (& laughed) at this thread for days/weeks now, without getting involved, because it usually turns into a shit show of politics & close-minded opinions, but here goes anyway:

1) if we’re bought by Qatar, why do we suddenly turn into an oil/plastic club? If they allow the club to not be saddled with debt & allow us to spend what we can afford, without taking dividends out, how does that turn us into a plastic club? If they’re pumping £billions of their own money in transfers, above our spend limit, surely either FFP kicks in, and if it doesn’t, then sure, I’d understand the argument. But just having a simple case of “change of ownership” doesn’t miraculously mean we were relegation candidates artificially turned into challengers. We’ve also been one of the biggest names in football. Also, I’ve worked in corporate my entire career so it might be easier for me to separate ownership from operations (& on field operations). That’s just how business works. & football is business at the end of the day.

2) they’ll spend money on infrastructure and improving the facilities, which is great for the club, again, that doesn’t turn us into an oil club but rather having owners who are investing into the sporting project. Maybe they even finance it through the club, who knows. But it would be great having an owner/sponsor willing to invest into the club, versus seeing the club as a for-profit venture.

3) the world has been going this way since the dawn of time. The wealthy are extremely wealthy but there’s no real right answer in the equation as most of the wealthy generally got there by pillaging/abusing/using the poorest of the poor. Would any/most other owners really be head and shoulders above being owned by the emir of Qatar (or whatever they call him)? Or do you just consider them as such because they fit more into your personal belief system? Why can’t your personal belief system be separated from the ownership of a football club as long as they’re not trying to force their way of thinking down your throat (he’s supposedly been educated in the UK and loves football from that aspect anyway)? Unless you’d prefer another VC type ownership because it’s either sketchy billionaires or “VC type investors at these prices”….

4) maybe I’m too “lenient” or open minded coming from the third world and witnessing its horrors. Horrors most of you (a generalisation as I know it’s not all of you) are not accustomed to, but we experience it almost on the daily. It’s never right, nor should it be normalised, but the world extends, and is far greater than “just the west and your way of life”. There are other ways of life. You might not agree with it but there are, and it’s easy for most of you to sit there and criticise and judge but try being born into that, the family, the teachings, the values….its indoctrination in a form…& then try seeing how easy it is to simply severe ties with those you love because you deem it “wrong” - how would you even define wrong after living in that world your entire life? Seems a few of you look down on the Middle East and their way of life because it doesn’t fit into your own thinking about life and what it should be like. Maybe it works for them? Who knows. I certainly don’t but I find the entire “shutdown” a little condescending because you happened to be born into some sort of “privilege” (not even mentioning how all those privileges were obtained in the fist place).

Anyway, these are my thoughts. Maybe I’m detached because we have other problems to deal with here in our beautiful country, South Africa, where some tribes (and all across Africa I might add, also still struggle with gender equality). Maybe footy or United means less to me than you, who knows. And I’m not even condoning the “sportwashing” angle here, but maybe if everyone was a little more “accepting and forgiving” of some of the unknown, we could also show them the beauty of a different way of life and try and garner change to their regimes in that manner? It’s a weird world we’re living in, where a lot of the wests privilege today was borne out of the suffering of others, and whilst you feel like you might have progressed in lfiezc you might also have left others lagging behind even more, but yet some of you seem unable to “make amends” (why should you?) and give others a chance at change, by simply setting a better example, a more inclusive example.

But I guess these thoughts are too idealistic. Because it’s sports. You know, serious life threatening business in the grander scheme of life.

@golden_blunder sorry for posting “politics” in here as I know we’re trying to keep it only sale related. Was my one and only post of its ilk. I’m doing a lucky scout and saying “not open to replies from me” once I’ve aired my thoughts :lol:
Great post

NFM

Great post
Just like to add my agreement, very good post.
Point 4 is spot on. Its not surprising that there is a rather close mind to different cultures etc. The west in general not just the UK now suffers from 24/7/365 psyops in the media about any country that doesn't automatically adhere to western, and this usually means US , policies.
There is no reason why non-western owners shouldn't be good owners, just because they are non-western. After all the Emir of Qatar is a fanatical United man by all accounts, for instance.

al tuna

Been reading RAWK while having downtime at work. Seems as though they have to keep convincing themselves that it boils down to 11 v 11 and anything can happen on the pitch during any given match.

Can't say they're wrong. While I'm certainly not anti Qatari ownership, I think there's a chance that the Qatari's will go full cheat code mode and bring in names just to have them on the squad as bragging rights against other Middle Eastern countries and that team cohesion will go out the window in some crazy pissing contest with other billionaires. Exactly what they've done at PSG.

Hope EtH has the plums to plant his feet in the ground, if it gets to that point, and carry on with his team building as he sees fit instead of the potential new owners wanting all the big names on the back of the shirt. I do want money spent on transfers, genuinely. Just for the right fits and right players without spending mental money.

Reactions: Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.