Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loon

:lol:
I think some people here are genuinely not going to be happy unless the bidder has more money than the City owner.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Considering Sheikh Al Thani released a statement with his bid? Surely the other bidders are expected to go public as well now?

Still no other official bids? Strange

rajds89

For anyone interested, the spokesperson for all Man Utd fans everywhere (or so he likes to think) Andy Mitten is giving his two pence worth on sky sports news right now.

AndySmith1990

I think some people here are genuinely not going to be happy unless the bidder has more money than the City owner.
Yeah I've noticed that. All some people care about is having bragging rights. Our owner is richer than your owner, that kind of childish shit...

Marcelinho87

Surely nothing is going to change on that front?

The club ain't moving to Qatar, it's based in England, their will obvs be full support for all issues, whether Qatar itself is backwards or not.
The Sky fella has already addressed this, The bidder has said that Manchester United will be open for ALL and that he plans to invest heavily in the Manchester United Womens team.

AlPistacho

Andy Mitten on Sky Sports now:
Choosing his words very carefully. Acknowledging investment needed. Trying to be impartial mentions issues with Qatar, but accepts not perfect “owner”, fans have always had issues with owners even before Glazers.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Please tell me people aren't naive and reading too much into the official value of the QIB. They'll be getting funding from elsewhere as well.
In which case United will be in trouble in the future.
The funding will be no doubt linked heavily to the ruling state, in which case we would be no better than City or Newcastle.

Newstyle

Love the confusion of who is buying us. I don’t know either but I don’t care.

AneRu

That’s the one. He’s the son of a former minister. I mean in reality he’s been chosen to front the bid - we all know this is state backed. I imagine he’s been chosen due to being a huge United fan and not having family ties to the royal family.
He is a cousin to the current Emo, his father was PM and Chairman of QIA until his uncle, the current Emir's father quit. He is an insider so this bid is as state backed as it can get but probably enough to convince the authorities that they are separate from QSI.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
It's state backed 100%

This way makes it easier to distinguish themselves from PSG

The funding will be unlimited, hell United without debt will be able to piss money up the wall regardless
So fraud? No better than city?

MTF

His dad was never Emir.
It's going to take a little while, maybe days, to untangle him from the former crown prince that has a similar name. Tbf, it doesn't help that I think if you copy and paste the name from the official statement into google, you get the wiki page for the crown prince as the first result.

Georg25

The dude that is bidding is the son of the former PM of Qatar, he is currently the chairman of QIB, which is owned by branch of the Al Thani family. They are not as rich as the main branch Al Thani family that rules Qatar and they lost considerable status and wealth when they fell out of favour when his father, Hamad Bin Jassim Bin Jaber, was forced to step down along with the former emir by the current Emir of Qatar and his mother who basically run everything in Qatar now. Still, this Branch of the Al thani family is worth billions. just not that insane abouts some are dreaming about.

Last edited:

JagUTD

What's the likelihood that down the line, UEFA, FIFA or the FA suddenly get their act together and come down hard on such ownership models. Where it's obvious that a State owns multiple clubs competing against each other?

As low as the chances are of this ever happening given the state of the football authorities, who would have foreseen the Roman/Chelsea scenario? Granted it was the UK government who forced the sale in this instance but these dodgy owners are always at risk of some political or social shift turning everyone against them.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
If people can't even work out who the guy is, how could they ever trace him to the state?

genius from Qatar

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Adam Crafton should produce some proof that this guy is state backed

journalists these days, shocking
I get his point but he's basically an activist, not a journalist if he's just using it to spout his unbacked opinions.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Not sure what it says about me but I hate the Glazers more. I mean, United being owned by Qatar leaves a very bad taste but I can't help it. Have been hating the leeches for two decades. I just want them gone.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If SJR didnt atleast match SJbHAT's offer then I lose some respect for him. You dont plan to buy the most supported football club in the world and be stingy.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Meanwhile, just in case you were wondering how lax the rules are regarding any totally-not-state-backed bids are....

MTF

One day I will also bid to buy Manchester United, the release will have just my first and last name, and everyone will struggle to figure out if it's me or my uncle.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
If the Qataris buy us we will be the top of the pile, ahead of City ahead of what the Saudis will do at Newcastle.

United has its legacy and legitimate revenue streams plus the largest fan base.

I genuinely think we will pull the best players and be back in the glory days soon, no more Glazers thank Feck.

Imagine Qatar Airways shirt sponsor and no debts, we can go hard in every transfer window with no mucking around in transfer sagas.

Status
Not open for further replies.