Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord of Blackhaven

If these journalists get their way and the Qatar bid is thrawted then what? Utd end up with SJR or are stuck with the Glazers. Does anyone think they will write articles forevermore thanking Utd for saving football? Will they feck. It will be forgotten about 5 minutes later and meanwhile Qatar will move on and buy Spurs or Liverpool. Utd will stagnate and be left behind. To pass this up would be like winning the lottery and ripping up the winning ticket. Am I comfortable with Qatar as a country? No. But until every club in Europe forgoes all their dodgy sponsorship and ownership issues then why should we be the only idiots to make a stand?!

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
This really must be like a dream come true for Ten Hag, he joined United at the perfect moment

lsd

The Oracle
I think some people here are genuinely not going to be happy unless the bidder has more money than the City owner.

I mean does this guy whoever he actually is as no one seems to know that have the money to even buy us or is he a front to avoid the same people owning PSG and United?

MTF

Nope.

INEOS assets: £15bn
QIB assets: £42bn

And that's besides the fact that QIB is owned by QIA, which is £300bn+ fund
Not that the finances of QIB really matter, but for future reference banks always have much higher assets as a proportion of equity or market value than other types of companies, because of the inherent financial leverage of the business model.

Castia

Imagine they turn it down and we're left with those parasites in charge

Fecking riots

NYAS

Think his dad was a minister? It’s impressive how nobody has a clue who the guy that’s just stuck 4.5bn cash in an envelope to buy a football club actually is :lol:
It's going to take a little while, maybe days, to untangle him from the former crown prince that has a similar name. Tbf, it doesn't help that I think if you copy and paste the name from the official statement into google, you get the wiki page for the crown prince as the first result.
I’m from the Gulf and will explain it here.

Guy who bid is a banker and the son of the former PM, who was never the Emir.

Emi Martinez guy is current Emir’s brother and has nothing to do with the bid.

That’s about as simple as I can make it :lol:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Imagine they turn it down and we're left with those parasites in charge

Fecking riots
I don’t think they would have gone public with it if they weren’t confident of it being accepted.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Am I right in saying the guy bidding is basically the uncle (on their father's side) of the current Emir and the Emi Martinez guy?

MDFC Manager

Post needs bookmarking! @Damien @moses

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
I grasp the difference just fine, thanks. I think you're either willfully ignorant or on another planet if you think the Qataris will spend 5 billion or whatever on a prestige purchase and subsequently NOT spend absurd money. The squad needs a lot of work and they will definitely not do it on the cheap. Regardless, being owned by a nation state, to me, fundamentally changes how I'll feel about the club. Others disagree. That's life.
So they’re going to spend money on the squad. What’s new? We’ve spent a crapload in the last decade anyway and saying they’re going to spend absurd money is guesswork. There’s legitimate reasons to not want them as owners but saying we’d be on some sort of cheat-code is not one of them.

BarstoolProphet

Less than Boehly as an individual. Significantly more if you're including his family.
It's extremely hard to pinpoint an exact net worth for the key members of the Al Thani family. This will probably be indirectly funded by the sovereign wealth fund anyway as they usually don't disclose financial statements.

Salwan

I don't want an asterisk next to any trophies we win in the future and this looks like a good way to get an asterisk next to any trophies we win.
Thank you! Finally a voice of reason.

What is going on here? I thought redcafe is supposed to be a positively selected sample of our global fanbase. I'm not recognising it here.

Are we really going to throw our values out the window at the first smell of some cash for a couple of trophies? So we (as a fanbase) were just pretending our outrage at city and chelsea for the last 15years?

I think I'm even more saddened by the reaction of our fanbase than by the prospect of having to stop supporting this club after 20+years. We are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites. Where is the outrage?

AlPistacho

If the Qataris buy us we will be the top of the pile, ahead of City ahead of what the Saudis will do at Newcastle.

United has its legacy and legitimate revenue streams plus the largest fan base.

I genuinely think we will pull the best players and be back in the glory days soon, no more Glazers thank Feck.

Imagine Qatar Airways shirt sponsor and no debts, we can go hard in every transfer window with no mucking around in transfer sagas.
Errrrrm…. Technically the Saudis and UAE can invade Qatar at any moment. They cut it off just a few years ago and stopped things getting in causing prices to skyrocket

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Or your owners funnelling money through inflated sponsorships.
Well, EtH's family is absolutely loaded by Dutch standards as well, so he's no stranger to having spending power in his own life.

But I guess this would be the first time he'll have in his job as a football manager.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
We are finally getting what fans have been crying out for for years. A highly wealthy Utd fan who will come and wipe away the debt and invest heavily in the infrastructure and the club. The start of a great era for Utd!
Yep, I'm becoming cautiously optimistic about this. Everything is coming together for a really great run from United. The next 10 years should be fun.

Rolaholic

Of course it must be difficult, but you aren't celebrating Qatar, and neither will we.

When Manchester United win it's because of ETH, the 11 on the pitch and the rest on the bench. They are who we spend our time and money to support.

I don't celebrate the Glazers now and I won't celebrate the Qataris or Radcliffe/whoever else may get it.
Well said

C'est Moi Cantona

If the Qataris buy us we will be the top of the pile, ahead of City ahead of what the Saudis will do at Newcastle.

United has its legacy and legitimate revenue streams plus the largest fan base.

I genuinely think we will pull the best players and be back in the glory days soon, no more Glazers thank Feck.

Imagine Qatar Airways shirt sponsor and no debts, we can go hard in every transfer window with no mucking around in transfer sagas.
When you write it like that, it all sounds a bit grim.

It'd be nice to have a bit uncertainty still, and proper acknowledgement when/if we start to win things again.

Don't get me wrong we deserve someone to come in and give us back the money the Glazers have taken from us by rebuilding our infrastructure, but happy for it stop at that, it's got to have an edge to it still.

Last edited:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
To be honest it doesn’t matter who is the face of this bid. This is only to prove PSG and United are owned by two different entity

justboy68

Sorry if I'm all confused by this guy. Is he 100% part of the royal family or is he just a rich Qatari banker with connections? If he's just a rich Qatari united fan without direct connections to the state then that would be great?

Blackwidow

This really must be like a dream come true for Ten Hag, he joined United at the perfect moment
Do you really believe that Ten Hag is so much into star power - or do you think he has more interest to build a very strong team? If you do not want to have that superstar the top club EPL money (not being backed by an arabian state) actually should be enough. I actually thought that ETH could build you with a little time and without monstrous money that big and competitive team for the league and the CL that you wanted in the last 10 years...

kaku06

Vulgarian
Somebody has put a 5bn bid to buy united and everyone is like “how the fook is that guy or it’s his dad who was Emir. Oh it’s the older brother of the current Emir who was once Emir and but wasn’t interested in becoming Emir so now is not Emir. It’s the son of that guy”
And then just when you think it became all clear the small issue of a long ass name comes up and the confusion starts again. Love it.

El Zoido

Thank you! Finally a voice of reason.

What is going on here? I thought redcafe is supposed to be a positively selected sample of our global fanbase. I'm not recognising it here.

Are we really going to throw our values out the window at the first smell of some cash for a couple of trophies? So we (as a fanbase) were just pretending our outrage at city and chelsea for the last 15years?

I think I'm even more saddened by the reaction of our fanbase than by the prospect of having to stop supporting this club after 20+years. We are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites. Where is the outrage?
We’d still spend within our means, adhering to FFP. Just means we’d have owners that wouldn’t siphon club-generated revenue to line their own pockets, and leave the stadium and facilities to rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.