g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Mbappe has ridiculous control there, he can get away with jogging half arsed knowing he's on a stupid salary and completely indispensible. They gave him stupid wages which was just a backwards decision, I want a proper wage structure at United where players know they need to be on their toes to earn their wage.

They bought Neymar, Messi, Mbappe as a front 3, on god knows how much wages and it wasn't a smart model, in fact even when Messi completed the trio there was a lot of fair opinion that it was not going to work and was just a FIFA team. Low and behold, it doesn't.

Messi does what he wants, Neymar works hard when he's on the pitch but comes with his own problems off it, Mbappe will threaten to leave every now and again and the managers are resigned to making it work because of the immense salaries these players are on.

Also their CEO threatened to kill or beat up a journalist after they lost a CL game, which just points further to what a stupid circus it is. Tuchel didnt leave on great terms, and Poch was sacked when I think he could have had more time, PSG look worse since he left.

They're just a shit club. They win a one horse league and underperform almost every season in the Champions League. They also sacked 2 very good managers who, if given time and control, would have likely sustained better or at least the same results than what happened after they left.
I'm going to only address one point. What ridiculous control Mbappé has? What has he controlled since he joined PSG? None of the things that Mbappé allegedly wants or wanted happened, none.

Revan

Assumptionman
I just had a quick look and we paid 18.2m in interest in 2022, on around 500m debt at that time. So we're not paying 1%.

the only source I could find was this one which says it's 4.8%

https://www.gurufocus.com/term/EffectiveInterestRate/Man Utd/Effective-Interest-Rate-on-Debt-/Manchester-United-PLC#:~:text=2022 was $781.7 Mil.,2022 was 4.80%.

In answer to your question, Ineos can buy cheaper debt because their revenues are something like 100x Uniteds. I'm obviously not referring to historical fixed rate debt that was purchased back when interest rates were much lower. They'd be stupid to change that until it's neccessary. Whenever it is time to renegotiate the debt, they'll do so on their own (better) terms.
As far as I know, the club’s debt was refinanced at around 2012 or so, and back then the interest rates were around 1%. I do not see why we would have taken a debt 5 times higher than whatever the market rate was.

Bear in mind that not all the payments were interest payments. The debt was also going down, in fact it went significantly down from refinancing until covid (when they took another debt to be able to pay the operation costs).

Regardless of what is their revenue, they won’t be able to take debt with smaller interest rates than what the banks themselves get from the central bank. If the fed have interest rate at 4.5% or whatever it is now, no US bank is gonna give a debt to someone for less than that. If the interest rates go lower, sure, the debt can get restructured. But no one knows when will that happen albeit many hope it will happen by the end of next year.

Yik

All true, but you made it sound like we had a choice in Ronaldo staying or going.
No we didn't and obviously we still went on to win things after he left. It really allowed Rooney to shine and I suppose with hindsight we failed to realise his peak would be quite shortlived. Speaking of Rooney, might be a stretch to blame the Glazers on him wanting to leave but surely whether it was money or ambition, he did want to leave us at one point. Does that not point towards a club that was extremely badly run?

Mainoldo

This is moving fast. I like it!!!!

Oil me up baby. The funny thing is the those who are for ‘making Manchester great again’ should be all for the Qatar model. But I’m not getting that temperature for some odd reason.

Nogbadthebad

I got mates that are very close to the class of 92 particularly around the neville brothers. Let's say that the relationship between them and the Glazers is hardly ideal
Given he has an existing relationship with qatar, I'd guess they will wheel out beckham as their football ambassador at some point during the bid process.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
If QIA isnt behind this then it would be worrisome actually because his private wealth according to forbes is just not enough
Someone isn't bidding £4.5b+, debt free, without a hell of a lot more money backing them.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
isn't that exactly what people wanted?

A rich individual to clear the debt and let the club run on it's own legs? or is it bad because he's from Qatar.
Nobody believes here that its not QIA. And yes they also don’t like he is from Qatar because according to redcafe even if his personal wealth is being used (which they don’t believe), it is still earned through Qatar government connections

Mainoldo

I'm going to only address one point. What ridiculous control Mbappé has? What has he controlled since he joined PSG? None of the things that Mbappé allegedly wants or wanted happened, none.
Again quite funny that PSGs poor season is down to their appointment of the ‘hipster’ director many of us wanted in Ralf Rangnick!!

But let’s not talk about that.

Prodigal7

Oil me up baby. The funny thing is the those who are for ‘making Manchester great again’ should be all for the Qatar model. But I’m not getting that temperature for some odd reason.
Yeah. If you read Mike Keegans stuff that should give you an idea of their plans for Manchester. An airport terminal near OT, 5 star hotels, a monorail etc. it sounds pretty spectacular.

Verminator

No we didn't and obviously we still went on to win things after he left. It really allowed Rooney to shine and I suppose with hindsight we failed to realise his peak would be quite shortlived. Speaking of Rooney, might be a stretch to blame the Glazers on him wanting to leave but surely whether it was money or ambition, he did want to leave us at one point. Does that not point towards a club that was extremely badly run?
Apologies for misunderstanding your view on Ronaldo. I don't think there are many who think the Glazers have run the club well.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Exactly … it’s Messi, Neymar and Mbappe in goal. It’s clueless rich people with shiny baubles. It’s Messi in a silly cloak. It’s Ten Hag undermined. I love the approach we had the other night vs Barca. So refreshing besides plastic PSG. Would be a tragedy to lose that just as ETH is getting going
Why would a known United fan undermine ETH it’s already been reported by Keegan that they would back ETH and wouldn’t recklessly spend.

I swear people are just wilfully ignorant and ignoring what’s in front of them in this thread for the local Manc, not you specifically but just seems bizarre.

In case anyone else missed it (from Keegan)

Qatar bid:

- Private bid from QIB CEO
- Also a royal family member
- Promised to BACK ETH
- Not spend recklessly and implement a sporting strategy
- Has personal, banking and family wealth
- Has been a lifelong United fan
- Studied and grew up in the UK
- 39 years old (grew up with class of 92)
- Nine Two Foundation would Own United
- Management and hierarchy is not that of PSG
- Even if links can’t be run by the same people
- Had commuted to investment in the women’s team
- Rebuild/new stadium
- Youth at the centre of the strategy
- Redevelop the area

Other notes to consider :

- PSG part of the QIA / QSI has run many pro LGBT+ campaigns
- Qatar have large investments in Barclays and Sainsburys , your weekly shop funds Qatar more than wholesale large investment to MUFC

Some extremely selective thinking going on in here.

SJR may be a good owner but there are enough red flags to suggest it’s not enough wealth to get us to where we want to be as a club and compete with the rest.

Do not forget whoever doesn’t get us likely goes for Spurs or Liverpool.

Tarrou

As far as I know, the club’s debt was refinanced at around 2012 or so, and back then the interest rates were around 1%. I do not see why we would have taken a debt 5 times higher than whatever the market rate was.

Bear in mind that not all the payments were interest payments. The debt was also going down, in fact it went significantly down from refinancing until covid (when they took another debt to be able to pay the operation costs).
well we paid 18.2m in interest alone in 2022 (the year upto March 22), so it seems some of the debt was not at a low fixed rate

and we added something stupid like 300m last year, so suffice to say that wasn't at a low interest rate either

but anyway, you're right obviously that they won't renegotiate those early fixed rates. But anything new that needs to be negotiated, they'll get a better rate under Ineos than United. Eventually, I would bet that all the United debt would get paid off or moved over, as it's in the interests of their business to do so.

Weren’t we buying awful payment in kind loans at one point?

They were at over 16% interest so I’d be blown away if they somehow got that down to 1%.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ited-glazers-debt-explained-b2145746.html?amp

I’d imagine with the wealth of the Qatar bid and INEOS, they’ll get better terms even in the current climate than what the Glazers received in 2015.

Member 125398

Exactly … it’s Messi, Neymar and Mbappe in goal. It’s clueless rich people with shiny baubles. It’s Messi in a silly cloak. It’s Ten Hag undermined. I love the approach we had the other night vs Barca. So refreshing besides plastic PSG. Would be a tragedy to lose that just as ETH is getting going
The image of ETH in one of those skinpy negliges is one of the few positives in all this.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Given he has an existing relationship with qatar, I'd guess they will wheel out beckham as their football ambassador at some point during the bid process.
These people are rarely direct but from I understand is that they are pissed off for not being involved and there are issues with their hotel business. All I can say is that United had become too corporate since the Glazers came in. In the past fans could approach players and ask for a signature. These days it's almost impossible for a player to visit a supporter club and you will be lucky if he actually signs anything at all. Every thing has a price tag with these American bastards

JPRouve

Scout
Again quite funny that PSGs poor season is down to their appointment of the ‘hipster’ director many of us wanted in Ralf Rangnick!!

But let’s not talk about that.
Honestly people are full of shit. They create circus themselves, their own way of judging things is extremely short termist and they don't apply their logic consistently. PSG is no more of a circus than the other big clubs, like pretty much everyone else PSG have made mistakes some big others negligeable, big players have a voice everywhere and finally managers are sacked everywhere by everyone at a fairly high clip.

If I was to judge QSI ownership of PSG, I would say that they are average, I wouldn't claim that they are bound to success or failure.

Adamsk7

Do not forget whoever doesn’t get us likely goes for Spurs or Liverpool.
100x this. We cannot afford to lose the Qatar investment because they will move on to another club sharpish. They’ve now set their sights on a PL investment. It’d a bit like me earlier this week - my mate got a Steam Deck and was raving about it so the seed was planted. I couldn’t stop thinking about getting a Steam Deck. I needed it!

I bought a Steam Deck

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Honestly people are full of shit. They create circus themselves, their own way of judging things is extremely short termist and they don't apply their logic consistently. PSG is no more of a circus than the other big clubs, like pretty much everyone else PSG have made mistakes some big others negligeable, big players have a voice everywhere and finally managers are sacked everywhere by everyone at a fairly high clip.

If I was to judge QSI ownership of PSG, I would say that they are average, I wouldn't claim that they are bound to success or failure.
Honestly, this is complete bollocks. PSG being a circus of a club is not some conspiracy theory.

Verminator

100x this. We cannot afford to lose the Qatar investment because they will move on to another club sharpish. They’ve now set their sights on a PL investment. It’d a bit like me earlier this week - my mate got a Steam Deck and was raving about it so the seed was planted. I couldn’t stop thinking about getting a Steam Deck. I needed it!

I bought a Steam Deck
Congratulations on your new kettle.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Honestly, this is complete bollocks. PSG being a circus of a club is not some conspiracy theory.
Why is that relevant to a different set of people running a different club under a different investment arm?

devilish

I bought a Steam Deck
Ratcliffe investment will bring manchester united back to manchester. It won't bring him for tax purposes though

fallengt

Gas*

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
40 year old owning Manchester United,.seems suspicious but we need the right owners immediately.

An owner who can let the club flourish for just 10.years.

We should be suspicious of all potential owners but our next owners is beyond our decision.

Let's cross fingers we get good owners for once.

JPRouve

Scout
Answer the question what control does Mbappé have? And is PSG different to pretty much any other big club, they haven't had more managers than the likes of Bayern, Juventus, Barcelona or Real Madrid, big players don't have more or less power.

I don't mind the idea of calling any big club a circus, my question is how is PSG somehow different? And what is the ridiculous amount of control that Mbappé possesses?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
people thinking we need fake deals and sponsors like City are stupid, I don’t feel bad for saying that.
I think your kidding yourself if you believe there won't be a few ME sponsors on our books should the Qatar bid be successful.

Amir

The Glazers has shown that United is still a huge global brand even if its a top 4 club. That's enough for a company engaged in a greenwashing process. What makes you think that Ratcliffe will dig deep in his financial pockets to seriously compete with the ME etc? He cannot be bothered to compete anywhere else
I don't feel the need for an owner who will spend his own money (at least on players). Under decent ownership we can do that ourselves. Thats all we need.

As for greenwashing, I do not believe that is the goal of the deal. Also, while the Glazers were tucked away in Tampa, away from the English media and fans, if Ratcliffe was to be the owner of a wobbling or an ambitionless United, he will be affected by it more.

Seems like a deal like that will be a challenge for him to win. I don't see him doing it just so United will be a top 4 club.

devilish

If psg is such a circus act then why Nice not exploiting the situation to at least win something? I think I'd rather stick to the guys who make costly mistakes like signing Neymar and Donnarumna then the one whose mistakes include Barkley, Ramsey and Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.