Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

It's 100% to buy out current owners, the Glazer family. And Raine is only taking care of the shares owned by the Glazer family, that's what bid is about.
To be fair the statement does say 100 percent of the club, not just the Glazers share. That’s what you’re saying.
It being the first step to doing so or such is up to interpretation but 100 percent of the club doesn’t stop at the Glazers.
Edit I’m reading Ratcliffe only wants the B shares while Qatar wants those and the A shares. It seems you’re being a bit pedantic here

Last edited:

Infra-red

To be fair the statement does say 100 percent of the club, not just the Glazers share. That’s what you’re saying.
It being the first step to doing so or such is up to interpretation but 100 percent of the club doesn’t stop at the Glazers.
Edit I’m reading Ratcliffe only wants the B shares while Qatar wants those and the A shares. It seems you’re being a bit pedantic here
Again, I wouldn’t get too wrapped up in percentages or offer sizes at this stage. The rounds of formal bidding are yet to begin - everything thus far is subject to change.

In terms of the final shareholding, my guess is that any new owner will ultimately look to take the club private, but a long way to go to get to that point yet.

cyberman

Again, I wouldn’t get too wrapped up in percentages or offer sizes at this stage. The rounds of formal bidding are yet to begin - everything thus far is subject to change.

In terms of the final shareholding, my guess is that any new owner will ultimately look to take the club private, but a long way to go to get to that point yet.
Yeah but it seems people are getting off on being argumentative.
Unless I’ve read it wrong, Jim would buy 69 percent and that’s it while Qatar would go after the 69 percent then go for the A shares on top which they can put to a stockholders vote which they would de facto win.
I’m sure I’m wrong and someone else can correct me

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The way I see it, what we have so far is letters of intent, not something that's legally binding.

Final offers will be.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Actually their statement said it was for 100% of Manchester United.
I know which was strange because not only this isn't a round for actual bids but Raine isn't taking care of the shares not owned by the Glazer family. That's why I was confused by both statements.

AlPistacho

Jim is being questioned and ripped to pieces on every single page man :lol:
Him previously owning exec facilities at Chelsea is mentioned on every page, his Chelsea bid mentioned often multiple times per page. Every single thing you’re claiming to be “ignored” is the exact opposite.

In most online polls he’s losing by between 70-80%. What World are you living in?
Was talking about by the media and by those on here who are pro Ratcliffe.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Jim is being questioned and ripped to pieces on every single page man :lol:
Him previously owning exec facilities at Chelsea is mentioned on every page, his Chelsea bid mentioned often multiple times per page. Every single thing you’re claiming to be “ignored” is the exact opposite.

In most online polls he’s losing by between 70-80%. What World are you living in?
Anyone calling a billionaire on a football forum by their first name should look in the mirror. You're obsessed.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Had someone argue today at OT that Radcliffe being a Chelsea fan is worse than the Qatari regime’s homophobic and misogynistic laws because they won’t affect us as fans.
But that long ago people were chanting homophobic stuff at Greame LeSaux, including United fans

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Would you be happy with an owner who could do that?
it’s just business. i’d feed my wife into an industrial mincer if it meant i could go into a phone box moments after tulisa from n-dubz had guffed in it.

Infra-red

Yeah but it seems people are getting off on being argumentative.
Unless I’ve read it wrong, Jim would buy 69 percent and that’s it while Qatar would go after the 69 percent then go for the A shares on top which they can put to a stockholders vote which they would de facto win.
I’m sure I’m wrong and someone else can correct me
Qatar will surely look to take the club private if they have the winning bid. Ineos might, too. Nothing that has been said so far is particularly indicative one way or the other and everything is liable to change, anyway. Basically, we don't know enough at this stage and all options are on the table for all prospective buyers, so there's really nothing for us to be arguing about!

JPRouve

Scout
And it's seems that I'm in good company.:)

And I'm reading that both bidders offered to purchase 100% of the shares that are for sale which happens to be 69%. The rest is unknown.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I know which was strange because not only this isn't a round for actual bids but Raine isn't taking care of the shares not owned by the Glazer family. That's why I was confused by both statements.
Probably just meant full control as opposed to financing the Glazers with a minority share. It’s not that deep.

stevoc

Personally I don’t think it matters if he’s even a fan or not
It doesn't matter at all because he's obviously just a front man for a state purchase.

Do you remember this guy when City was bought by Abu Dhabi?

Very few do and he hasn't been seen since at City.

JPRouve

Scout
Probably just meant full control as opposed to financing the Glazers with a minority share. It’s not that deep.
That's what I assume but initially I didn't think about that, likely due to a lack of pedantry.

stevoc

United's debt was major concern for all fans for years.
"We want club without debt!!"
Then comes a news where a guy will buy a club with another debt without clearing current debt.
Same fans; "Not every debt is bad". Ffs :lol: :lol:
Do you guys keep repeating this because you think it will somehow affect who ends up buying United?

stevoc

Stretty News posted this opinion piece earlier, it's since been edited, but you can read the original here.

Not sure how we can accept comments like the one this twitter user has highlighted as a fan base to be honest. How are trans supporters of the club supposed to feel reading bile like this?
Ah the inevitable sportswashing from some United fans begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.