Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 125398

1. I think we as a fan base could make a difference yeah, and put pressure on to not accept state ownership. We won’t though because as we’ve seen here, the hypocrisy has been mind blowing, so many who were dead against state ownership are now bending over for the oil money.
It certainly helped with Murdoch and it absolutely made all the difference with the Super League.

2. I imagine I’ll just care less, much less.

3. Hard to know how one will react and much will depend on how we are run, are we like City and PsG taking the absolute piss out of the other 99.9% football clubs? One I know for certain is that us winning will feel much more hollow, winning a league again won’t feel hard earned like it did with Fergie. Do we have to loan Weghorst cause we spunked so much? Or do we go out in Jan and spend 150m?

All in all, I’d imagine us being run a la PsG or City would lead me further away from the club and I’ll certainly be less proud of out achievements as Liverpool’s could be and as Arsenal may be this season.

I think my Mum’s husband gives me a fair idea on how it’ll feel for me. A City ST holder for years and years pre takeover, even in the lower leagues. Kept his ST until the first title win but then gave it up, he celebrated the win but said it felt hollow really, just an inevitability. He doesn’t feel it’s the same club.
He still watches most games on tv, but he’s gone from hardcore blue to “meh”, he’s never really arsed when they lose nor too ecstatic when they win titles.
Weird to see the same person I know was at Wembley going nuts at Dikov’s goals and celebrated for a week, a division 2 play off, now not barely arsed when they win a Premier League title. :lol:
Amen. I'm genuinely shocked that this isn't the majority view. I suppose that's the world we live in now though.

Jam

That shouldn't even be happening. When you have realized that what is in your possession is not yours then the honourable thing to do is to give it back, fair and simple.
But let's not derail the thread. The problem with people living in the "civilized world" and that includes me, is that failure to recognize that truth is not absolute but relative and progress is a continuum. You didn't just wake up one day to stop slavery or recognize the rights of LGBTQ. You had to go through a journey and I think it is fair to allow other nations go through that journey within the scope of their cultural and religious beliefs.
You are allowed vent and politicize everything about United but just know that it is not going to affect how the glazers make their decision. You have absolutely zero power in that regard but by all means do you.
I didn’t mean we keep possession and tour - I meant return them and let the original nation decide to keep on home soil or tour it.

I know I’m not going to change the minds of Suella Braverman, Glazers, or the house of Al Thani - but that defeatist attitude is exactly how you let that insidious thinking prolong. Yeah I won’t change their minds personally but I am allowed to have my own values, and share those values with others and spread that progressive thinking. Especially in an age where there is a massive push back and the Overton window is moving to the right.

If you don’t care, and just want to enjoy your sport why engage with this thread or topic at all?

What, a phobia of crooks or of phone hacking? I’m confused.
Did Murdoch himself hack a phone? ;)

You defend Jassim on one hand and shield him from other’s decisions but you think Murdoch should be held directly accountable as a “crook” for Piers Morgan’s actions as editor?

Anyway, it’s besides the point, which is why you’re focusing on it.
Some United fans have a higher moral compass, clearly, it’s got nothing to do with Islamophobia as proven with their protests against Murdoc.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
The only bidder I have criticised is Ratcliffe, because of his behaviour when he tried to buy Chelsea.
He never tried to buy Chelsea. He’s clearly not an idiot, so if he was ever serious about Chelsea he would have bid on time.
He knew exactly what he was doing, and he knew his bid would be rejected out of hand.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
It is possible Jassim might also be borrowing from a bank and it's just a business venture. I say this because there were a number of representatives from banks amongst his delegation.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Which is why I think he's a bluffer who likes the limelight too much.
They never engaged in the chelsea process at all. They had their eyes on a different prize and were sending a message. Don’t forget Knighton was already kicking up fuss and linking Sir Jim to United at the time.
Ineos director Tom Crotty told Bloomberg on Wednesday: "We've been rejected out of hand by Raine but we will keep reminding people we are still here."

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It is possible Jassim might also be borrowing from a bank and it's just a business venture. I say this because there were a number of representatives from banks amongst his delegation.
Not just banking guys but two guys from BOA's global Telecom, Media, and Technology practice. To me, that may indicate a different business model and therefore composition of the 95 Foundation's members.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
They never engaged in the chelsea process at all. They had their eyes on a different prize and were sending a message. Don’t forget Knighton was already kicking up fuss and linking Sir Jim to United at the time.
They made a bid which would have cost a fortune to put together. Just because that bid got rejected doesn't mean it didn't happen.

As for "sending a message", an email or phone call would've been better than embarrassing himself in the way he did. All it did was make him seem like a clown.

NK86

Think there was mention in his statement that there would be no debt in his bid.
However, he maybe leading a consortium of sorts which is not out of the question.

The 92 foundation could well be a SPV for it, no one knows for sure but everyone is jumping in with assumptions as if they were facts. He could well just be a face for the Qatar State backed bid as well but until we know those details, arguing as if it's certainly a state bid is quite useless.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Which is why I think he's a bluffer who likes the limelight too much.
The SJR bidder for Chelsea to lure the Glazers I'm selling narrative is BS

A- the Glazers don't need this charase to know that there are potential buyers for United. Chelsea is a smaller club and there was fierce competition for it

B- ineos is not very bright on football matters. Its late bid for Chelsea adds fuel to the fire

C- SJR had confessed his split loyalty towards Chelsea. He is also a season ticket holder. I doubt that he is a season ticket holder of man utd

Sparky Rhiwabon

Out of interest, the people that are against Sheikh Jassim for whatever reasons, which would you prefer?

A. Sheikh Jassim
B. The Glazers (or a subset of them) staying funded by Elliott or similar

NK86

They made a bid which would have cost a fortune to put together. Just because that bid got rejected doesn't mean it didn't happen.

As for "sending a message", an email or phone call would've been better than embarrassing himself in the way he did. All it did was make him seem like a clown.
I laugh at the mental gymnastics that a billionaire made a multi-billion pound pound bid for "sending a message" to some other club. Like a phone call or an official meeting where he genuinely registers interest is not sufficient. :lol:

Spoony

The People's President

Yeah it was more attention seeking.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Here’s where I stand, starting to favour the Sir Jim as our next owner. He’s a 70 year old man and I believe that he is in it to create a legacy for himself and the city.

if he can wipe the debts and deal with the infrastructure bit, the club transfers can be sustained by club income. Which is how it should be.

I recognize that my opinion means diddly squat in the grand scheme of things so regardless of who wins, I will judge each on the actions they take as club owner.

in an ideal world though I’d rather not get into state ownership.

redcucumber

Out of interest, the people that are against Sheikh Jassim for whatever reasons, which would you prefer?

A. Sheikh Jassim
If there is definitely a separation between Sheikh Jassim and the state of Qatar, then Jassim. If not, I'd rather capital investment.

devilish

I laugh at the mental gymnastics that a billionaire made a multi-billion pound pound bid for "sending a message" to some other club. Like a phone call or an official meeting where he genuinely registers interests is not sufficient. :lol:
It reveals how elitist sone united fans are. Everything happens because of Manchester united

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

A. Sheikh Jassim
Im annoyed by childish Qatari journalists acting like they already control the club, saying its Qatari and all that nonsense. A lot of jouvenile posters who are pro Qatar are also a headache in this forum.

Sultan

Leaving for the game. Hopefully, we have new owners by the time the season ends. Anyone with deep pockets and who has the best interests of the club at heart should hopefully be better than the Glazers. I respect your opinions whether we agree is a different matter. We are not robots and our opinions emanate from our differing circumstances and backgrounds.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I laugh at the mental gymnastics that a billionaire made a multi-billion pound pound bid for "sending a message" to some other club. Like a phone call or an official meeting where he genuinely registers interest is not sufficient. :lol:
That time I went up to Kate Beckinsale, asked for her number and she turned me down. I was actually sending a message to Salma Hayek.

NK86

It reveals how elitist sone united fans are. Everything happens because of Manchester united
The point is there's a lot of assumptions being made here and most of them are completely without any proof. However, that's perhaps the only reason this thread is still always at the top of the thread list otherwise there's nothing else to discuss since we last got news of JR visiting OT and Carrington.

enghuei

Cheats at Tetris
Think there was mention in his statement that there would be no debt in his bid.
However, he maybe leading a consortium of sorts which is not out of the question.

The 92 foundation could well be a SPV for it, no one knows for sure but everyone is jumping in with assumptions as if they were facts. He could well just be a face for the Qatar State backed bid as well but until we know those details, arguing as if it's certainly a state bid is quite useless.
Completely agree.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Not just 20 mins ago, they had some guy on Sky Sports bleating on about how United would be letting themselves down by being sold to Qatar and what Qatar represent....then no word of a lie in the next segment they run a promo for the Saudi GP, which I'm sure a lot of hypocrites will be tuning in to. You really can't make this shit up.

Vapor trail

I find it self absorbing and hypocritical to be critical against the Qataris while living in a society that was built on the back of slaves.

Just recently the British government was asked to repatriate arts worth a fortune stolen from Nigeria during the slave trade and they have blatantly refused despite admitting that this is indeed property of the Nigerian people.

And for dear of being misquoted or misunderstood I am not making excuses for the Qatar government. All I am saying is most nations have blood on their hands.
There is very little I as a football fan can do about issues like these other than to continue to support my team.
For many of us football is an escape root from our daily hustles and we would appreciate it if we just enjoy our time watching our favorite team without being burdened by all the political rhetorics.
This is my issue throwing stones in glass houses. It's also selective ignorance.

Jam

Why do all the Pro-Qatari Ownership people think “yeah bet you’ll support United still” is some kind of gotcha that completely validates them and their complete indifference to morality?

Yeah I’ll support United, and yeah I’ll continue to criticise Qatar (and England, and US, and many many other nations and bodies).

Chief123

You spend an awful lot of time just making stuff up dude. Another classic plant post.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/footb...eam-ineos-owner-makes-late-bid-to-buy-chelsea

But a spokesperson for Ratcliffe confirmed the British business magnate's offer to buy Chelsea, with the bid understood now to represent the highest for the club.

"We put an offer in this morning," Ratcliffe told The Times.

Sultan

A. Sheikh Jassim
I would rather not be the Qatari due to mine and their religious beliefs which align.

Reasons: We're not allowed to sell alcohol which will be the case with the Qatar purchase. Deal with interest if banks are involved. Football is also now associated with gambling in a massive way. Yes, I will admit to being a hypocrite in some form by contributing indirectly by going to matches. :wenger:

Joseunited

Not just 20 mins ago, they had some guy on Sky Sports bleating on about how United would be letting themselves down by being sold to Qatar and what Qatar represent....then no word of a lie in the next segment they run a promo for the Saudi GP, which I'm sure a lot of hypocrites will be tuning in to. You really can't make this shit up.
That's sky sports news in a nutshell.

devilish

Why do all the Pro-Qatari Ownership people think “yeah bet you’ll support United still” is some kind of gotcha that completely validates them and their complete indifference to morality?

Yeah I’ll support United, and yeah I’ll continue to criticise Qatar (and England, and US, and many many other nations and bodies).
Which kind of shows that sportswashing doesn't really work. I am more concerned with shifty people buying media houses as they are one of the four pillars of democracy. I thought that the independent.co.uk was truly independent up until I had a look at their owners.

Bert_

If everyone knew where the money came from then why weren't no questions asked by Chelsea fans or the government? Dirty money is fine as long as it's to benefit our club or in the governments case brings investment and jobs.

The FA, government, Chelsea, City, and Newcastle fans have lost the right to criticise the prospective Qatari purchase on ethical grounds.
They should have stepped in and stopped Roman at the time. He was finally driven out when it came back to bite them on the arse with the Ukraine war.

It doesn't mean supporters up and down the country just accepted it though. Do you not remember the controversy? All the chants around stadiums up and down the country etc? Taking the piss out of Chelsea fans for their club buying the league?

This was one of the most popular ones that got an airing at OT for many years if you remeber?...

Hollow, hollow, hollow,
Chelsea's success is f*cking hollow,
All that money he took,
From that big russian crook,
And you'll never win three in a row...

United fans have pretty much universally condemned City's recent success as hollow. It also winds City fans up into a fury because deep down they know it's true. The fact they've very recently been charged with dodgy financial practices and who knows what could happen there. Booted out of the league hopefully.

enghuei

Cheats at Tetris

Member 125398

Not to mention that they are anti Glazer and still support United themselves. It's a stupid sentiment.

enghuei

Cheats at Tetris

I’m amazed you know all pro Jassim supporters here and can confirm that they all have the same “gotcha” moment prepared for their detractors.

Simply amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.