Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Not to mention that they are anti Glazer and still support United themselves. It's a stupid sentiment.
I didn't want the Glazers because they are bad owners. I have no problem with US owners buying United as long as they are good owners (though I'm frightened of them after 17 years of the glazers)

Member 125398

I didn't want the Glazers because they are bad owners. I have no problem with US owners buying United as long as they are good owners (though I'm frightened of them after 17 years of the glazers)
Yeah, the point is that, for many, they'll support the club regardless of who the owners are, so to slate people who are anti Qatar but still continue to support United having spent 20 years supporting a club with owners you hate is daft.

devilish

Yeah, the point is that, for many, they'll support the club regardless of who the owners are, so to slate people who are anti Qatar but still continue to support United having spent 20 years supporting a club with owners you hate is daft.
However you do agree that there is a difference between supporting a club that is poorly run and supporting a club you think it's owned by absolute evil.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
They made a bid which would have cost a fortune to put together. Just because that bid got rejected doesn't mean it didn't happen.

As for "sending a message", an email or phone call would've been better than embarrassing himself in the way he did. All it did was make him seem like a clown.
“Dear Mr Glazer,

I wish to purchase your football club that you have already recently told me isn’t for sale yet. I am very serious and have many billions to send to you in return for the aforementioned football club. I am not a clown.

Lots of love, Jimmy R “

Yah, ok mate. :rolleyes:

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
They made a bid which would have cost a fortune to put together. Just because that bid got rejected doesn't mean it didn't happen.
You spend an awful lot of time just making stuff up dude. Another classic plant post.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/footb...eam-ineos-owner-makes-late-bid-to-buy-chelsea
Omfg. Come on lads, this isn’t hard to understand.
Yes, Sir Jim did send in an offer for Chelsea AFTER the deadline had passed. It has however been reported that INEOS didn’t engage with the sale process at any point before the bid/deadline.
If he knew he wouldn’t be accepted, why else would he do this? Would he really try so hard just to make himself look stupid/incompetent ?! It’s obviously to get people talking about INEOS and sir Jim Ratcliffe - especially in relation to United as he was already in the news in relation to the Knighton silliness.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Yes, Sir Jim did send in an offer for Chelsea AFTER the deadline had passed. It has however been reported that INEOS didn’t engage with the sale process at any point before the bid/deadline.
If he knew he wouldn’t be accepted, why else would he do this? Would he really try so hard just to make himself look stupid/incompetent ?! It’s obviously to get people talking about INEOS and sir Jim Ratcliffe - especially in relation to United as he was already in the news in relation to the Knighton silliness.
Couldn't he just do media interviews rather than look incompetent?

Last edited:

Wezzaldo

no no. I’d agree with that stance. The Tories have blood on their hands for the last decade’s worth of policies.Austerity has killed plenty.
Why on Earth would you think I’d disagree with that?
Tony Blair says hi!

edit - Seen you already acknowledged that. Fair play.

devilish

Very few football clubs of the size of Chelsea are ever made available and I doubt that SJR had ever dealt with Raine group. He probably thought that it would be better to wait, learn what the highest bid is and then bid late. That would prevent an auction

SJR has split loyalty and he was a Chelsea season holder. Ineos statement for Chelsea is far more attractive then ours. I doubt that he would disrespect Chelsea like that

NK86

So he was doing all this to get the attention from the Glazers? I mean how else would one of the richest guys on Earth would ever get the required attention from other businessmen except for cheap publicity stunts, right?

NK86

“Dear Mr Glazer,

I wish to purchase your football club that you have already recently told me isn’t for sale yet. I am very serious and have many billions to send to you in return for the aforementioned football club. I am not a clown.

Lots of love, Jimmy R “

Yah, ok mate. :rolleyes:
Yeah there's only two ways to show your interest in purchasing another business
1. Act like an incompetent businessman missing hard set deadlines to get your bids in
2. Send that letter which you mentioned above

I mean there's no other way a businessman of JR's status can be taken seriously or be talked about in the press?

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
He does have sources in Qatar.

And I don't think the Qatar group has created the Nine Two foundation to only back away at the end.

I've been reading up on Shahzad Shabaz, and he's said to be a heavy weight in his field.

This is one of the reasons I can’t pick sides with a very high degree of certainty.

I would be surprised if we did not see a development in Europe with more ‘football groups’. Ineos would focus on it. QSI is. City is. CFC is. Won’t we if bought by Q? How much of a disadvantage would that be?

Appletonred

All i ask for as a fan is that the club is treated with respect and the new owners are good custodians of it, whoever the new owners might be.
Is not that what we want for the club? no debt, no dividends, an improved infrastructure, a revamped stadium and training ground, in other words
the best in class for a club of such iconic standing.

RyRy11

Morally I can't get behind any of the potential bidders that we are aware of. So I've already had to compartmentalise my selection criteria to what I think suits the club best in a sporting context. We need to know how SJR would service the debt Ineos take on and what their plans are to build a stadium. With a state backed bid we would worry less about this but the caveat of our potential future success being hollow needs to be considered. Despite the memes, I'd much rather have someone like Boehly running us than the bidders we have now.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Please explain. I'm no lawyer and English is not my mother tongue.
No problem, they’re often used interchangeably in everyday language so even those with English as their mother tongue usually mix them up.

Evidence refers to the individual pieces of information and facts that help to establish the truth or existence of something. Whereas proof is the sum of evidence which helps to prove something. In other words, evidence does not become proof until someone takes the pieces of facts and information and arrives at a logical and concrete conclusion.

The more relevant question to ask then is really - which standard of proof is required? In criminal law it’s beyond a reasonable doubt i.e. 99% sure, whereas in civil law it’s on the balance of probabilities i.e. over 50%.

The ‘Sheikh Jassim bid’ passes the civil law threshold in my opinion.

Last edited:

devilish

@devilish still rambling on about Chelsea season tickets :lol:
He said: "I have a house in Chelsea, I've lived in Chelsea for many years, I've had a season ticket for many years, I have a business that's based in Chelsea. Then if you look at the wider picture of football - football is the biggest sport in the world, the British league is the biggest league in the world and Chelsea is one of the best clubs in that league"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61320812

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
However you do agree that there is a difference between supporting a club that is poorly run and supporting a club you think it's owned by absolute evil.
This seems rather dramatic and a bit over the top but I would welcome your rationale of them being "absolute evil"
I thought that was reserved for the Hitler's, Stalin's, Pol Pot's of this world but I'm no expert.

devilish

This seems rather dramatic and a bit over the top but I would welcome your rationale of them being "absolute evil"
I thought that was reserved for the Hitler's, Stalin's, Pol Pot's of this world but I'm no expert.
That's how many seem portraying the Qatari to be.

enghuei

Cheats at Tetris
It’s only been pointed out to him a million times that having exec facilities to entertain clients in London aint the fecking same as having a season ticket in the Shed End. :lol:
Someone should probably also mention to him that tonnes of companies have facilities at several clubs.
Of course his season ticket was for him to entertain his clients, but not for him to enjoy his local team innit?

By the way, how do you know that his season ticket is actually for an an exec box, and not for a seat in the stand? Genuinely curious.

Chief123

Of course his season ticket was for him to entertain his clients, but not for him to enjoy his local team innit?

By the way, how do you know that his season ticket is actually for an an exec box, and not for a seat in the stand? Genuinely curious.
It’s been well reported on this forum that Ratcliffe only has a season ticket for exec meetings for clients. It has been confirmed by redcafe members. It is well known there are no decent facilities in London other than Stamford bridge to hold exec meetings.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This is one of the reasons I can’t pick sides with a very high degree of certainty.

I would be surprised if we did not see a development in Europe with more ‘football groups’. Ineos would focus on it. QSI is. City is. CFC is. Won’t we if bought by Q? How much of a disadvantage would that be?
I think it was reported by Mike Keegan about the Nine Two foundation wanting to replicate what Man City have done with the City football group of clubs. So yes the foundation is set up for Manchester.United based projects imo, which will include creating a group of satellite clubs.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
If you watched it and can't understand it, then you also will not understand a simple answer. Which is fine.
No point in engaging with you about this if you're constantly going to deflect or handwave in every replay. A normal person would tell me what specifically in that 20-minute video answered what I asked. I find that extremely disingenuous and a waste of time.

mu4c_20le

Which kind of shows that sportswashing doesn't really work. I am more concerned with shifty people buying media houses as they are one of the four pillars of democracy. I thought that the independent.co.uk was truly independent up until I had a look at their owners.
Going by this thread alone, I'd say sportswashing has been successful beyond their wildest dreams. Who knew that having immense wealth could bring a virtual army who would stan for you 24/7.

red thru&thru

No point in engaging with you about this if you're constantly going to deflect or handwave in every replay. A normal person would tell me what specifically in that 20-minute video answered what I asked. I find that extremely disingenuous and a waste of time.
True. No point engaging with you, someone who can't understand the video.

devilish

Ineos: Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Chairman of INEOS, has made a formal bid for Chelsea FC, for £4.25bn. £2.5bn is committed to the Charitable Trust to support victims of the war, with £1.75bn committed to investment directly into the club over the next 10 years

Redcafe posters: Its evident that he's doing that to persuade the Glazers to sell him the club

Bid has been rejected

SJR: "My message to Raine is don't discount our offer. We are British and have great intentions for Chelsea. If I was Raine I wouldn't close any door."

Redcafe posters: "Its so clear that' he only want Manchester United"

SJR: "I have a house in Chelsea, I've lived in Chelsea for many years, I've had a season ticket for many years"

Redcafe posters: " having exec facilities to entertain clients in London aint the fecking same as having a season ticket in the Shed End"

According to pro SJR fans, the guy keeps saying and doing things that are either lies or he doesn't really want to do in the first place. I wonder if they think he's a liar, he has dementia or he's not particularly bright.

Last edited:

devilish

Going by this thread alone, I'd say sportswashing has been successful beyond their wildest dreams. Who knew that having immense wealth could bring a virtual army who would stan for you 24/7.
If Qatar buy United then I wouldn't become anti LGBTIQ just because Qatar own us just as I am not pro savage capitalism because we're owned by the Glazers or pro peeping Tom because we were owned by Edwards. There's a clear distinction between the club and its owners.

What's truly concerning is when these people have our own politicians in their pockets or they own the media. Take the Independent as an example. It was one of my favourite media in the UK up until I learnt who actually owned it.

TheReligion

Abusive
He said: "I have a house in Chelsea, I've lived in Chelsea for many years, I've had a season ticket for many years, I have a business that's based in Chelsea. Then if you look at the wider picture of football - football is the biggest sport in the world, the British league is the biggest league in the world and Chelsea is one of the best clubs in that league"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61320812
So what?

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
It’s been well reported on this forum that Ratcliffe only has a season ticket for exec meetings for clients. It has been confirmed by redcafe members. It is well known there are no decent facilities in London other than Stamford bridge to hold exec meetings.
I live in NYC and it's actually quite common to hold informal meetings at professional sporting events. It's almost like taking a client to dinner.

Regardless, regularly attending matches of another team does not make you a fan. I'm not a Knicks/Nets fan but I attend games because it's so close and entertainment.

enghuei

Cheats at Tetris
I live in NYC and it's actually quite common to hold informal meetings at professional sporting events. It's almost like taking a client to dinner.

Regardless, regularly attending matches of another team does not make you a fan. I'm not a Knicks/Nets fan but I attend games because it's so close and entertainment.
But do you have a season ticket with them though?

devilish

"I have a house in Chelsea, I've lived in Chelsea for many years, I've had a season ticket for many years, I have a business that's based in Chelsea.

"When I was living in London for many years, Chelsea I could go and watch. It was quite difficult to go and watch United so I have split loyalties."

That doesn't seem the words of someone who is not a fan!

I mean, it’s feasible he stuck himself on the waiting list for years (which is a long one at Chelsea due to stadium size), and that he finally got his ST and roughed it in the shed end.
It’s feasible he flies Ryanair back from Nice to London also, he probably did easyJet for the Old Trafford meeting.

What’s much more likely is that a billionaire took a private jet, or 1st class and that he bought an exec ST at Chelsea to catch some top football whilst he lived around the corner.

But sure, let’s go with him being in the midst of Chelsea fans, there’s not a pic anywhere and it’s be dangerous as feck for a billionaire, but sure.

Spoony

The People's President
[l
"I have a house in Chelsea, I've lived in Chelsea for many years, I've had a season ticket for many years, I have a business that's based in Chelsea.

"When I was living in London for many years, Chelsea I could go and watch. It was quite difficult to go and watch United so I have split loyalties."

That doesn't seem the words of someone who is not a fan!
I'm not sure why that's even a talking point. Why, Dev, why?

devilish

I mean, it’s feasible he stuck himself on the waiting list for years (which is a long one at Chelsea due to stadium size), and that he finally got his ST and roughed it in the shed end.
It’s feasible he flies Ryanair back from Nice to London also, he probably did easyJet for the Old Trafford meeting.

What’s much more likely is that a billionaire took a private jet, or 1st class and that he bought an exec ST at Chelsea to catch some top football whilst he lived around the corner.

But sure, let’s go with him being in the midst of Chelsea fans, there’s not a pic anywhere and it’s be dangerous as feck for a billionaire, but sure.
He could have taken a private jet to watch United but he fount that to be very difficult by his own admission

I'd rather believe what he said then your own theories about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.