Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The Bloke is a bullshitter, but all he’s saying is there’s more reports the deal is done, which is true?
That's fair and the Qatar-based news looks solid (although that guy being called Qatari confused the hell out of me).

I just don't want people to get their hopes up unnecessarily and we end up with another 5 pages of pointless discussion. But the other stuff sounds awesome.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So all that happened is the 1 horse team changed from Lyon to PSG
No, the main change is larger exposure with Bein, the end of a bad period between 2009-2012 and more interest from foreign investors.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Also Majid Al-Khelaifi is the cousin of Nasser Al-Khelaifi, and he's the one to check out on twitter.

Taken from Reddit again. Majid is the real deal

SlimDizzle075

Until they get drawn in the same CL group.
it doesn't matter, who is to say two typically lower in the table teams wouldn't meet in Europa? from a legal perspective you can either own 2 clubs that compete in the same competitions or you cant,
the size, history or table position has no effect or place.

TsuWave

PSG are definitely getting dumped if Qatar acquire Utd. I saw something online a few days saying how the lack of interest in Ligue 1 is something the Qataris have concern about long term.
doubt they'll "dump" PSG, but yeah, the pull of the prem is something else. I fully ignored the CL games yesterday to watch Arsenal v City.

Prem >

pratyush_utd

Red Bull has already shown that you can own two clubs. SJR also have one club in France. This is not a big deal. Just a nonsense news to keep getting clicks

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I don’t see the noise being like this if it wasn’t practically all but done, it’s not really how they operate? Or am I wrong?
Yeah I agree, if they weren't very confident or know it's practically done they'd come out of this looking like idiots

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Do we have a Qatari Howard Nurse? If yes he's probably about to declare Qatar's interest in buying PSG.

Chief123

doubt they'll "dump" PSG, but yeah, the pull of the prem is something else. I fully ignored the CL games yesterday to watch Arsenal v City.

Prem >
When I say dump, it may even be they are still owned by them but I can see the focus and capital expenditure reducing dramatically. It’s like going all out with decor in your 5 star restaurant with the best chefs when there’s no one in the area who’s interested in dining there.

pratyush_utd

Yeah I agree, if they weren't very confident or know it's practically done they'd come out of this looking like idiots
With their massive ego, dont think they would ever get in that position. Surely they have some kind of deal in place for it to leak a day before the deadline

JPRouve

Scout
If I was to be very negative, I would worry about the qatari buyer being the same person that bought Malaga years ago. IIRC it was a member of the royal family.:nervous:

Berbaclass

If I was to be very negative, I would worry about the qatari buyer being the same person that bought Malaga years ago. IIRC it was a member of the royal family.:nervous:
That's surely not an issue here? We don't even really need the money.

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah they got bored fast and pulled out, but La Liga doesn't really make it possible for that kind of investment and they weren't really into the long game it seemed.

al tuna

Not one single person associated with anyone from Qatar concerning United has said much of anything until now. I read this as they've been informed of things swinging in their favor, or it being done completely. Big news.

Berbaclass

The issue wasn't a lack of money but a lack of seriouness when it came to management.
Then they pulled the plug, if that happened to us then we just get bought by some other rich person. It's also very much in Qatar's interest to make a good job out of it because it will tarnish their reputation much more than Malaga would.

Redfrog

France did need their football to be on par with the rest of the European leagues though since before PSG (and even now) it's incredibly lacking in interest and overall attractability.
Sure ! But the comment was about the city. The league is sh*t.

JPRouve

Scout
Then they pulled the plug, if that happened to us then we just get bought by some other rich person.
But that kind of nonsense can be costly for a club like United. In fact that's my worry with all possible future owners, competency and serioussness are the most important qualities. In my opinion even more than a full wallet.

Appletonred

This is becoming the worst kept secret in world football, if it is indeed true, certainly from a sporting and financial perspective it is a great day in the history of Utd.

mu4c_20le

Then they pulled the plug, if that happened to us then we just get bought by some other rich person.
If only. It's more likely that they could be just as incompetent as our current owners, and expectations would be raised because of the whole oil money angle. Every time we drop points the entire world would celebrate.

rajds89

Could it be that Qatar simply pulled out of the Liverpool deal because weren’t on the market at the time they contacted them?

FujiVice

Whether its today, tomorrow or next week, its happening, sadly. There's no such thing as smoke without fire when money like this is involved.

Nori-

Wow, this is really happening :drool:

SO excited for what's to come. We deserve this, its been a tough last decade....

Status
Not open for further replies.