g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sorry but I thought this Friday deadline was about the major interested parties registering their interest or putting in an initial bid rather than concluding the entire process? How come all the noise is of Qatar and nothing on Jim Rcliff?

MTF

But that kind of nonsense can be costly for a club like United. In fact that's my worry with all possible future owners, competency and serioussness are the most important qualities. In my opinion even more than a full wallet.
You're absolutely right, but some people are doing the usual thing of believing that things will play out exactly as they'd want it to "because it's the logical thing" and similar empty arguments.

Chief123

Sorry but I thought this Friday deadline was about the major interested parties registering their interest or putting in an initial bid rather than concluding the entire process?
Qatari’s don’t mess about. They are the type who drink their soda before they get to the checkout. They drag their balls leaving a trench in the ground along their path.

LARulz

For the Qatar bid to have won, not only would they have had to have bid by now but they would have had to meet the valuation for Glazers to accept without anybody else being able to beat them

All reports suggest Qatar will offer short of the valuation. So would make no sense for them to have won before even the soft deadline

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
For the Qatar bid to have won, not only would they have had to have bid by now but they would have had to meet the valuation for Glazers to accept without anybody else being able to beat them

All reports suggest Qatar will offer short of the valuation. So would make no sense for them to have won before even the soft deadline
Maybe it's a ploy from them to get the other bidders to lower their bid if they think Qatar will bid lower.

crossy1686

career ending

If they have the cash ready to go, already have permission and are waiting to sign the contracts, it's kind of a easy decision. There's risk with a sale to anyone else who might have to get leverage first or get PL permission etc. For an extra few million you're best going with the quickest and smoothest offer if they're all similar.

brian017

Qatari’s don’t mess about. They are the type who drink their soda before they get to the checkout. They drag their balls leaving a trench in the ground along their path.
At least that should put an end to "United are ready to prepare a bid" days

Coops73

Yeah they got bored fast and pulled out, but La Liga doesn't really make it possible for that kind of investment and they weren't really into the long game it seemed.
I have a friend from Malaga and said he was only really interested in developing the marina there and when that didn’t happen he lost interest.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I'm happy with this. I can understand the reservation and the moral outage and respect other opinion. But we as a club need this badly. We have a huge infrastructure need and we need an owner who can invest heavily on this club. When we are light years behind Spurs, we know how bad it is (infrastructure).

We still fill 75k every week and there is a potential to grow more. 10 years of continued success still hasn't gotten City anything . Our position in world of football is unique. I feel we are going to explode to the next level with a right owner. Manchester united with right spending can be a fearsome combination.

Hope the new owners handle our match goers gracefully. Reduce the season prices, free entry for cup matches/Youth matches etc . Hope we also form a fan forum with someone like Rio or Ole leading that.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Sorry but I thought this Friday deadline was about the major interested parties registering their interest or putting in an initial bid rather than concluding the entire process? How come all the noise is of Qatar and nothing on Jim Rcliff?
Apparently according to the Athletic, it’s for people to declare an interest and it can be kept private. It could also be extended for another 2 weeks if they fancy it.

Anustart89

Until they get drawn in the same CL group.
So why wouldn't that be a higher risk if the owners of a pot one team, say City as a random example, would own a team likely to be in "not pot 1", like say Girona (another random example) or something?

Dazzmondo

I've no doubt people have probably been briefed about Qatar's bid but it seems unlikely that anything could be agreed yet considering plenty other offers could come in tomorrow including late offers after the 10pm deadline.

BarstoolProphet

The french authorities do not give a damn about PSG, the city of Paris barely care about PSG to the point where it's been a constant battle between QSI and the city of Paris to get anything regarding the Parc des Princes. The city of Paris don't need, has never needed and will never need PSG when it comes to its image, in fact historically the opposite is true with the city of Paris not liking the fact that PSG used its name and symbols while not actually being a club from the 75(Paris) but from Saint-Germain-en-Laye and has used the fame of Paris to its advantage.

Also Ligue 1 isn't dead or at least no more than it was in before 2012.
Are you saying that Paris is the most visited city in the world not because of PSG?!

Georg25

Those 2 Qatari accounts are basically yellow page "journalist", they have gotten plenty of stories wrong because they basically copy and paste from other twitter accounts, they do not have any insider knowledge and basically no one in our region really believes them, that does not mean that there is no Qatari bid imminent or that it will indeed happen. just wanted to clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.