Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilRed

Is it just me or is anyone else still incensed that we had to sell Ronaldo and replace him with Obertan and Michael Owen? Don't remember receiving any sympathy from other football fans when that was happening. Far as I'm concerned getting some actual wealthy owners in who can invest in the team is payback for that. With the Glazers we were always catching up to the rest and the money we spent was from a position of weakness after they'd leeched us for all we were worth.
It was Valencia but point taken. We really scraped the barrel that summer and barely spent any money trying to revamp the team or improving our central midfield.

arnie_ni

Voice their opinions, make protests or other actions for the Qatari people if they truly care about them. If not, just accept things for what they are and be fine with your choice. Our range of action is very limited
I hope that happens, peacefully and without detriment to the performance on the pitch. We need to be better than others before us

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Surprised that Neville and co are quiet on the matter, and when you think of the whole 92 foundation, I have a feeling that some of ex players are hoping to be involved in whatever is coming, or might be involved already.
Hopefully just as glorified mascots. Last thing we need is the likes of Neville and co having any sort of significant sway at the club.

Andy_Cole

Yet thay are set to make billions and billions and sell to much much richer owners, they’ve been in 3 CL finals and even at the death they appear to finally have United and ETH on the right track with new richer owners to continue that.
So hard to claim you simply can’t run a club like that.

What is clear is that you can’t run a football club with Ed Woodward in charge.
It’s a fair point. But you can’t argue we’re attempting to compete at a top level with a huge weight around our ankle.

Same with Liverpool.

arnie_ni

Did the leveraged buyout banning even get done? Done a quick search to see any wording and I can only find articles from last May saying they're looking into cracking down on them.
Oh ffs, it wasn't ever completed?

Hopefully then we don't see money funnelled from us to ineos via intercompany loans if they do buy us.

Yik

Ronaldo dreamed of playing for Real.
Fergie got a extra year out of him, before he was emancipated.
Thats not the point mate. We should have replaced him with Aguero/Silva/Robben. Someone absolutely top class. We lost Tevez that same season too. Even if we had spent it on someone who didn't work out, it was still something we should have done. £80 million back then was an enormous sum of money, but the Glazers simply pocketed the funds like the shysters that they are.

fergies coat

I'd rather Jim to be honest, but it doesn't look good does it? I think Qatar would regenerate the area, and with Old Trafford being right next to Salford quays/Media city there might be even bigger changes around the area.

Verminator

All they have to do is wave the money and people turn a blind eye. It just highlights how little people give a shit about others in a different country so long as they get some expensive new toys to moan about.
Not in any way to diminish a state's responsibility toward human rights, but we are an American-owned British club.
Our governments have been invading and bombing people in other countries, in the not too distant past.
What's Qatar's body count?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There is no model at PSG build around player power, they don't just buy big players in fact the vast majority of their signings aren't big players and weren't big players. They don't give less times to manager than any other big club in fact, their managers have mainly finished their contracts.
Mbappe has ridiculous control there, he can get away with jogging half arsed knowing he's on a stupid salary and completely indispensible. They gave him stupid wages which was just a backwards decision, I want a proper wage structure at United where players know they need to be on their toes to earn their wage.

They bought Neymar, Messi, Mbappe as a front 3, on god knows how much wages and it wasn't a smart model, in fact even when Messi completed the trio there was a lot of fair opinion that it was not going to work and was just a FIFA team. Low and behold, it doesn't.

Messi does what he wants, Neymar works hard when he's on the pitch but comes with his own problems off it, Mbappe will threaten to leave every now and again and the managers are resigned to making it work because of the immense salaries these players are on.

Also their CEO threatened to kill or beat up a journalist after they lost a CL game, which just points further to what a stupid circus it is. Tuchel didnt leave on great terms, and Poch was sacked when I think he could have had more time, PSG look worse since he left.

They're just a shit club. They win a one horse league and underperform almost every season in the Champions League. They also sacked 2 very good managers who, if given time and control, would have likely sustained better or at least the same results than what happened after they left.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Oh ffs, it wasn't ever completed?

Hopefully then we don't see money funnelled from us to ineos via intercompany loans if they do buy us.
My googling might just be falling short tbh, but wouldn't surprise me if it got put on the back burner. Don't think it's applicable to Ineos' bid either way, but still easy to get nervous about it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why are people saying look at PSG? haven't they domestically dominated ever since? yes they haven't done great in Europe, but that's on field issues.

How has Ratcliffe been doing at Nice? didn't he put his brother in charge :lol:

Should we talk about his cheating cycling team too?

It’s a fair point. But you can’t argue we’re attempting to compete at a top level with a huge weight around our ankle.
I think we’d have been in a miles better position had Woodward never been employed nor stayed in his position so long. Our spending and managerial recruitment has been so poor and that has hit our CL appearances and our bonuses for winning the big pots. That would’ve lead to us having to invest less in panic buys and spend more on the stadium renovations

The plc took dividends also, but a great manager and good recruitment made it sustainable.

But absolutely, with no debt saddled on the club, that gives us a much better platform to succeed on. We certainly don’t need to worry about competing financially with either of the two main bids so far.

Yik

It was Valencia but point taken. We really scraped the barrel that summer and barely spent any money trying to revamp the team or improving our central midfield.
I know:) Valencia was a good lad and a loyal servant of the club so I didn't want to disrespect his legacy by including him. He was a good buy, but he was never bought as a Ronaldo replacement, he was always more of a workhorse/Park type player than anything. Liverpool sold Coutinho and bought a solid core that won them the CL. Imagine if instead of Allison and VVD they bought Joe Hart and Dan Burn. Thats what the Glazers had us do

IWat

Not in any way to diminish a state's responsibility toward human rights, but we are an American-owned British club.
Our governments have been invading and bombing people in other countries, in the not too distant past.
What's Qatar's body count?
If the British or American state were involved, you'd have a point.

Revan

Assumptionman
Qatar have already stated they will completely wipe clean the existing debts, it will be a debt free takeover.
There was no such thing in yesterday’s statement. Just that the takeover will be debt free (i.e., they won’t take a debt to buy the club).

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Too much player power, they have a shitty model of just buying big players and then hoping a manager can come in and work it out, they don't favour the manager or give them enough time.

It's basically everything against I find United were known for.
Exactly … it’s Messi, Neymar and Mbappe in goal. It’s clueless rich people with shiny baubles. It’s Messi in a silly cloak. It’s Ten Hag undermined. I love the approach we had the other night vs Barca. So refreshing besides plastic PSG. Would be a tragedy to lose that just as ETH is getting going

arnie_ni

That was just a stipulation in RA’s conditions when selling Chelsea. It had nothing to do with the EPL. Burnley were purchased in a leveraged buyout last year.
My googling might just be falling short tbh, but wouldn't surprise me if it got put on the back burner. Don't think it's applicable to Ineos' bid either way, but still easy to get nervous about it.
Cheers fellas. Can't see Glazers insisting on that sort of stipulation :lol:

Verminator

Thats not the point mate. We should have replaced him with Aguero/Silva/Robben. Someone absolutely top class. We lost Tevez that same season too. Even if we had spent it on someone who didn't work out, it was still something we should have done. £80 million back then was an enormous sum of money, but the Glazers simply pocketed the funds like the shysters that they are.
All true, but you made it sound like we had a choice in Ronaldo staying or going.

Suv666

Here is SUV on boycotting the Qatar world cup:

Here is SUV when Qatar might buy United.

Here is @crossy1686 deriding people who would accept sportswashing at their club.

Here is @crossy1686 explaining that the new owners might actually be opposed to human rights in their country.

Here is @Telsim worried about the deaths of migrants in the world cup.
If you would actually read the thread you’d see I have constantly said I don’t want Qatari owners, instead you’re taking one jokey post and running with it :lol::lol:

I have been on caf for a long time and have seen some eccentric behaviour but you sir take the cake. Might be the first person I’ll be muting in like 7-8 years.

Have a nice day!

arnie_ni

I think we’d have been in a miles better position had Woodward never been employed nor stayed in his position so long. Our spending and managerial recruitment has been so poor and that has hit our CL appearances and our bonuses for winning the big pots. That would’ve lead to us having to invest less in panic buys and spend more on the stadium renovations

The plc took dividends also, but a great manager and good recruitment made it sustainable.

But absolutely, with no debt saddled on the club, that gives us a much better platform to succeed on. We certainly don’t need to worry about competing financially with either of the two main bids so far.
I'm in total agreement. If we spent our money wiser we'd have something to show for it. It hasn't been lack of spending that's fecked us

Tarrou

I didnt make that one up. This was mentioned during Chelsea bid.

You people need to calm down. There is no conspiracy against SJR. We all are just mocking lazily using the same bid document catch phrase that he used to bid for Chelsea
its pretty well documented he's from Oldham mate

How has Ratcliffe been doing at Nice? didn't he put his brother in charge :lol:
They’ve not tried to do a PSG and spunk billions for instant success, Nice aint the club for that. They require a more long term plan.

Instead they’ve finished 5th twice, have a great new DoF and manager in and are looking good for Europe again.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...anager-didier-digard-ligue-1-will-still-reims

People will somehow try painting that in a bad light mind, but I’d be much more worried if INEOS had come in and tried to match PSG financially.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Mbappe has ridiculous control there, he can get away with jogging half arsed knowing he's on a stupid salary and completely indispensible. They gave him stupid wages which was just a backwards decision, I want a proper wage structure at United where players know they need to be on their toes to earn their wage.

They bought Neymar, Messi, Mbappe as a front 3, on god knows how much wages and it wasn't a smart model, in fact even when Messi completed the trio there was a lot of fair opinion that it was not going to work and was just a FIFA team. Low and behold, it doesn't.

Messi does what he wants, Neymar works hard when he's on the pitch but comes with his own problems off it, Mbappe will threaten to leave every now and again and the managers are resigned to making it work because of the immense salaries these players are on.

Also their CEO threatened to kill or beat up a journalist after they lost a CL game, which just points further to what a stupid circus it is. Tuchel didnt leave on great terms, and Poch was sacked when I think he could have had more time, PSG look worse since he left.

They're just a shit club. They win a one horse league and underperform almost every season in the Champions League. They also sacked 2 very good managers who, if given time and control, would have likely sustained better or at least the same results than what happened after they left.
Lucky that management structure would have nothing to do with us and we’d have an owner who grew up watching Fergies United.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Lucky that management structure would have nothing to do with us and we’d have an owner who grew up watching Fergies United.
You'd hope that. I was just eluding to why I think PSG is a circus. I'm surprised I have to explain it.

wolvored

There was a quote that when City bought Silva and Aguero, Fergie thought they would be too lightweight for the PL and thats why he hadn't made a move. That bald cnut that ran us before Gill fecked up the Robben deal when he transferred to Chelsea, then signed him after we were going to sign him.

Revan

Assumptionman
Would the PL make Ineos sign something to stat that they won't take money out of united to fund their debt to buy the club. Without that it would just be a leveraged buyout in disguise which I now believe to have been outlawed?
I do not see how that can be done. Ineos would be the parent of Man United, and can do whatever the feck they want with Man United’s money. Being a private company, the transactions won’t even be on public record (unlike now where United is on stock exchange). For all we know, despite that the debt would be put in INEOS, they can use Man United’s money to pay that debt (I mean, they probably/hopefully won’t do so, but they can do so if they want).

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Which to me is a giveaway that it’s really a front for QIA, no doubt funded by Qatar.
If QIA isnt behind this then it would be worrisome actually because his private wealth according to forbes is just not enough

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Surprised that Neville and co are quiet on the matter, and when you think of the whole 92 foundation, I have a feeling that some of ex players are hoping to be involved in whatever is coming, or might be involved already.
I got mates that are very close to the class of 92 particularly around the neville brothers. Let's say that the relationship between them and the Glazers is hardly ideal

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If QIA isnt behind this then it would be worrisome actually because his private wealth according to forbes is just not enough
isn't that exactly what people wanted?

A rich individual to clear the debt and let the club run on it's own legs? or is it bad because he's from Qatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.