Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

Maybe it was the INEOS bid that made him get brave?

How do we know that Ratcliffe doesn't hate gay people?
This. The Qataris never admitted any wrongdoing, and we all know only things announced in The Statement matters.

C'est Moi Cantona

Wasn't there a report of a second bid from Qatar? Not even sure how that's possible given how things work there, but I'm sure I read it somewhere.

Dion

It’s not a platform now? You’re overdoing one weak example.
Can you give me an example when they could have addressed LGBTQ matters before this? You’re making it out as if they’ve been hiding it away all these years.
If everything is state this and state that then a UK publication is a reflection of the UK mindset rather than Qatar right? Or are we changing the rules mid way through here?
Surely the ruling government being anti trans is a bigger factor for emboldenment than Qatar planning a takeover?
This his what they’re actually living with
https://www.dazeddigital.com/life-c...anti-trans-crusade-destroy-the-united-kingdom
How is this Qatars fault? Surely it’s a reflection of what we’re already living with? Why would the writer be ashamed of airing anti trans viewpoints before this?

Edit I’ll stop here were just going around in circles. There will be better examples to come that you can point to than this
Nobody denies the UK has a transphobia problem. That is a straw man.

The United community has never been a platform for transphobic views until now, because of people who want to argue things like this Opinion: Hypocrisy and virtue signalling aside, are we any better than Qatar? .

If you cannot see how that affects United supporting trans people then that is simply your lack of empathy.

Marcelinho87

impossible . Youve not even got to preferred bidders stage yet.

the qatar bid may win, but that fella is talking shit right now
Nobody knows, could all be posturing with them already having won.

Bit like when companies need to set someone on but pretend there is an opening and even interview folk despite knowing who's getting it.

Shit like that happens all the time.

Redfan94

They are, but a cnut without an opportunity is a quiet cnut. I think it's pretty obvious which topic provided him the opportunity.

Opinion: Hypocrisy and virtue signalling aside, are we any better than Qatar?
“The idea that a country has beliefs that are not adapted to the latest digital generation is completely unfathomable in Europe, but specifically the west.“

Strange way of saying “Why is the West not on board with discrimination towards the LGBTQ+ community and abhorrent human rights records”.

Dion

“The idea that a country has beliefs that are not adapted to the latest digital generation is completely unfathomable in Europe, but specifically the west.“

Strange way of saying “Why is the West not on board with discrimination towards the LGBTQ+ community and abhorrent human rights records”.
The unedited version is even worse. It goes on about "ignoring biology".

Giggsyking

Glazers are stupid but I don't think they're that stupid that they would waste the time and resources of a number of powerful multi-billionaires just to u-turn.
Not only that, Why would the Glazers announce the investment thing and drive up the share price if they want to buyout their siblings? That would be absolutely idiotic. They should have done it when the share price was at 12 USD not 27 USD. Unless they themselves selling some of their shares but keeping at least 51% to continue have control on the club!

SirtheIcarium

I need to chat to a sane and knowledgeable poster. My question is:

Do United earn enough money to cover a massive loan to upgrade the stadium and training facilities, and also invest in the different teams if we don't have the current Glazer debt repayments?

I'm trying to figure out if we actually need Qatar. How strong are our financials really?
It's not just about United affording it. At the moment, interest rates are volatile, so any large scale lending is risky. In my job, we are being told that investors are becoming more risk averse. Ironically, an investment firm I'm tied to was linked a few months ago to a possible United bid. (Nothing came of it).

Taking a large scale, long term loan now would not be advised by any business. I don't like the Qatar bid, but from a purely financial perspective, it guarantees the clubs future in a way Ineos cannot. I note Ineos are not removing the current debt, just taking any new borrowing through Ineos rather than the club. But the current debt is about to become a lot more expensive as well. This is why I think the Glazers are choosing now to leave. The world since 2008 has been built on really low interest rates on loans, but the next 10 years are going to be different.

Giggsyking

I have met many Muslim fans / friends at OT over the years and have never encountered any racism or issues at all. I believe we are a good club up to now in terms of inclusivity. I really hope that can continue.
Are you muslim?

Kaos

Too much bad noise coming out for my liking.
Translation - I'm a tight arse that's spunked the club's finances servicing the debt I inflicted upon it, so like feck we're building a new stadium.

Also this is concerning, why is he giving opinions if they're selling.....they ARE selling right?? :nervous:

owlo

Do United earn enough money to cover a massive loan to upgrade the stadium and training facilities, and also invest in the different teams if we don't have the current Glazer debt repayments?

I'm trying to figure out if we actually need Qatar. How strong are our financials really?
We would be screwed wrt the new financial sustainability regulations from UEFA.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
You should give your head a wobble.
So a country doesn’t share all your values so their people should suffer and the country should be financially exploited by those who share your values for your benefit?
I've no idea wtf you're on about. Stop putting words in my mouth because these messages read as something from a deranged individual.

MDFC Manager

You're selling mate. Nobody cares what you think.

Is this a recent or recycled comment?
Why is he bothered about it all now though? I'm not liking this one bit at the moment
Seems to be a recycled comment from Simon Stone's article, the bloody shit stirrer:

BBC Sport has been told Joel Glazer has been one of the strongest voices to favour the club remaining at its current Old Trafford site, rather than build a completely new stadium. This is on the basis he values the heritage that comes from the current team playing on the same spot as all the previous ones, dating back to 1910.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64709949

LordSpud

You're selling mate. Nobody cares what you think.

Is this a recent or recycled comment?
Dunno mate came out about an hour ago. Screams to me they secured investment but they are going down the cheaper route of renovating

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
I genuinely don't have the energy to find the start of it but why is every other post suddenly became a trans/anti trans/ transphobe debate.

I thought this was about who will take us over.

Drizzle

This plus those comments leaked to the media about the disrespect implicit in the Qatari bid are beginning to worry me. Add in the FSG news and I'm beginning to wonder if there's some superleague vibes in the air.

Telsim

Too much bad noise coming out for my liking.
Yep. Starting to seem less and less like they are selling. Oh well, I just can't be arsed to give a shit anymore. Just say it's off and be done with it.

RedDevil@84

I genuinely don't have the energy to find the start of it but why is every other post suddenly became a trans/anti trans/ transphobe debate.

I thought this was about who will take us over.
Someone read a transphobic article and extrapolated it.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
There should be sit in/peaceful break in protests at OT like last time if it becomes clear they want to stay.

clarkydaz

id say theyve mismanaged us into the ground

The CEO said in the pub next season will be a struggle financially
that was before we vastly overpaid on players in the summer, and brought in Casemiro out of thin air
We are now taking players on loan

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Also this is concerning, why is he giving opinions if they're selling.....they ARE selling right?? :nervous:
not so sure anymore, they might still be dreaming of the super league, and now with ETH doing well - this could all go horribly wrong: Elliot + the two leeches to buy out the rest of the leeches. 4 times the debt, here we go.

Blood Mage

I don't think there would be any hesitation from the Glazers about selling if Ten Hag wasn't doing so well. It's because he's exceeding expectations that the Glazers have suddenly got cold feet about selling IMO. Victims of our own success.

Castia

Starting to have doubts they’ll go and we’ll never have a better chance of them going with a 5B bid in the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.