Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnRational

I involve myself with Utd through watching TV, listening to the radio, reading the news, coming on the CAF, for a significant proportion of my time every day and wanting my team to be successful is an emotional highlight for me.

On the other hand, if I am honest, I don't really care about Qatar's political/human rights issues and if it wasn't for takeover talk ,I would never even think about them.
I don't think I am a bad immoral person but quite frankly concerning myself with a country thousands of miles away which I have absolutely no personal or emotional connection to when there are enough issues in my own country seems a lot of effort and time I dont have.

That's a long winded way of saying I really don't care about discussing Qatar's issues but I would love them to make Utd the top team in the world.

I'd bet most Utd fans if they were really honest with themselves would agree
Exactly my thoughts

Irrational.

Great! Hope you enjoy “supporting” a football club from another country - must be massively rewarding! Think of all the transfer rumours you can follow and all of the amazing Fifa Players you can now sign!
What an incredibly narrow minded and condescending post. Watch out guys, we have an elitist t0pred gatekeeper here.

Didn’t expect any different from you, your posts have been a car crash throughout this thread interlaced with sprinklings of xenophobia.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
I involve myself with Utd through watching TV, listening to the radio, reading the news, coming on the CAF, for a significant proportion of my time every day and wanting my team to be successful is an emotional highlight for me.

On the other hand, if I am honest, I don't really care about Qatar's political/human rights issues and if it wasn't for takeover talk ,I would never even think about them.
I don't think I am a bad immoral person but quite frankly concerning myself with a country thousands of miles away which I have absolutely no personal or emotional connection to when there are enough issues in my own country seems a lot of effort and time I dont have.

That's a long winded way of saying I really don't care about discussing Qatar's issues but I would love them to make Utd the top team in the world.

I'd bet most Utd fans if they were really honest with themselves would agree
The concern revolves more around having the club itself - it’s name and heritage, associated with it.

I can imagine Matt Busby for example turning in his grave at the thought of a state (let alone Qatar) owning Manchester United.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
What an incredibly narrow minded and condescending post. Watch out guys, we have an elitist t0pred gatekeeper here.

Didn’t expect any different from you, your posts have been a car crash throughout this thread interlaced with sprinklings of xenophobia.
:houllier:

Chief123

Great! Hope you enjoy “supporting” a football club from another country - must be massively rewarding! Think of all the transfer rumours you can follow and all of the amazing Fifa Players you can now sign!
What’s him being from another country got to do with anything? Why is it any more or less rewarding than for someone from this country? Stop being a melt. True colours slipping out.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Sounds like a back hander to me. I'm not saying you're wrong BTW. You're probably right.

Similar to Pep Guardiola's brother and Girona.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nchester-city-pep-guardiola-brother-questions
Its not a back-hander. That offer of doing some retail project like a mall will be priced into the final offer. Say if INEOS and Jassim's monetary offer were both exactly the same. But the Qataris' offer also included the deal to do a project in Qatar. There will be some financial projection/value to that project of course.

Which would you take?

I said this a few weeks ago on how I foresee the Qataris' business model and how they can offer much more that INEOS can.

A multi-project/sector, international property development, media tie-in with Qatar's BEin etc. They will play to their strengths and also it goes beyond just buying a ''football club'' -- which will then justify 'over-paying' to the Glazers. Like using the brand 'Harrods' but you can use the brand attached to multiple areas. Lego has Legoland for example.

INEOS cant offer this. They don't have the same sort of components/partners in place for such a project

Also with deep pockets, they will expand the current Arnold strategy of bringing United virtually closer to you -- since there are hundreds of millions of United fans outside Manchester. Working with BEin and deeper pockets will see you engaging Manchester United FC on a daily basis if not hourly. That will pay itself off for advertisers, product placement, e-commerce and social media revenues.

Tie this in with Qatar Airways? Airline loyalty programmes? Then 3rd party tie-ins like hotels, Mcdonald's, Harrods etc -- all via a Manchester United Card. United is doing this on a local level with United credit cards etc. But if they have strong anchor partners like the Qataris, then they can extend this on a global level.
This global loyalty program company can be worth hundreds of billions of dollars then. (The US airline loyalty programme companies are worth more than the airlines themselves.)

Then you add a multi-club scenario. United will be in your presence every day and not just engaged during matchday which is twice a week. Imagine the Caf's level of engagement but in real life in a multitude of industrial sectors.

So if Jassim wants to pay £6Billion, I would imagine considering what he can possibly do with other Qatari tie-ins, it would be a steal. Forget the sports washing element. There is a much bigger play in place. And it needs serious deep pockets. INEOS cant do this.

Its about building a global social/financial/business ecosystem. United's global reach at multiple economic levels (with the super-rich fans to the joe six packs having strong emotional attachment to the club) is unique.

Last edited:

AlPistacho

Spanish teams 10, England 5, Italy 3, Germany 3, Portugal 1

But now look at finalists in those 22 attempts England 9, Italy 4, Spain 3, Germany 4, France 2

So combined finalists in those 22 years are ; England 14, Spain 13, Italy 7, Germany 7, France 2, Portugal 1

The Spanish performances are dominated by Real Madrid and Barcelona with Atletico and Valencia always losing and their attempts are 22 years ago, The English teams just don’t win or end up playing each other quite frequently. But they have produced a finalist of the CL from every team in the so called top 6 with these results ; Liverpool 2/5 wins, Chelsea 2/3, Man united 1/3, Arsenal 0/1, City 0/1, Spurs 0/1. Let’s consider both Barcelona and Madrid 10 finals they’ve won all 10 of them combined in this period they just win unlike English teams that have 36% win rate or Germany and Italy who have 43% win rate, the two Spanish super clubs take their country win rate to 72%, Madrid have won 14 and Barcelona 5 overall that’s 19 to Englands 14 (Liverpool 6, United 3, Forrest 2, Chelsea 2, Villa 1)

Has any other Spanish team won EC/CL ?
Apart from real and Barca the rest of La Liga don’t spend money equal to any any of our top 6

MTF

Its not a back-hander. That offer of doing some retail project like a mall will be priced into the final offer. Say if INEOS and Jassim's monetary offer were both exactly the same. But the Qataris' offer also included the deal to do a project in Qatar. There will be some financial projection/value to that project of course.

Which would you take?

I said this a few weeks ago on how I foresee the Qataris' business model and how they can offer much more that INEOS can.

A multi-project/sector, international property development, media tie-in with Qatar's BEin etc. They will play to their strengths and also it goes beyond just buying a ''football club'' -- which will then justify 'over-paying' to the Glazers. Like using the brand 'Harrods' but you can use the brand attached to multiple areas. Lego has Legoland for example.

INEOS cant offer this. They don't have the same sort of components/partners in place for such a project

Also with deep pockets, they will expand the current Arnold strategy of bringing United virtually closer to you -- since there are hundreds of millions of United fans outside Manchester. Working with BEin and deeper pockets will see you engaging Manchester United FC on a daily basis if not hourly. That will pay itself off for advertisers, product placement, e-commerce and social media revenues.

Tie this in with Qatar Airways? Airline loyalty programmes? Then 3rd party tie-ins like hotels, Mcdonald's, Harrods etc -- all via a Manchester United Card. United is doing this on a local level with United credit cards etc. But if they have strong anchor partners like the Qataris, then they can extend this on a global level.
This global loyalty program company can be worth hundreds of billions of dollars then. (The US airline loyalty programme companies are worth more than the airlines themselves.)

Then you add a multi-club scenario. United will be in your presence every day and not just engaged during matchday which is twice a week. Imagine the Caf's level of engagement but in real life in a multitude of industrial sectors.

So if Jassim wants to pay £6Billion, I would imagine considering what he can possibly do with other Qatari tie-ins, it would be a steal. Forget the sports washing element. There is a much bigger play in place. And it needs serious deep pockets. INEOS cant do this.

Its about building a global social/financial/business ecosystem. United's global reach at multiple economic levels (with the super-rich fans to the joe six packs having strong emotional attachment to the club) is unique.
The things you're mentioning, a TV channel, co-branded credit cards, airline tie-ins... those things mostly already exist or have been tried before, and their success has been quite limited. Reason being is that there are hundreds of clubs around the world, and especially there is rivalry. So for every additional customer a brand thinks they can get through some special tie-in, they risk alienating a larger number of customers who are fans of rival teams.

Also the airline loyalty programs being worth more than the airlines is true, but it's a bit of an artificial construct. Over a long enough period of time and without a favorable deal with the airline itself, there is no viable business model for and independent loyalty program.

https://medium.com/@dfcatch/are-frequent-flyer-spin-offs-dead-fb94ae6f0630

Sly1

+ ing :drool:

@Wumminator why are you trying to be little me?

I've loved United through thick and thin over than 20 years. I'm as committed as any United fan. You're letting yourself down here man.

you so blatantly ridiculed that it's not that rewarding to love a team outside of your own country ? please explain yourself.

Man United has a special place in my heart.
Wumminator is a complete wum. Didn't expect such a stupid post from him.

I see a lot of racist and xenophobic comments (especially from those pro-Ratchcliffe camp) in this takeover thread. Hope the dust settles soon.

What is wrong for a foreigner to support this great club?

sglowrider

The things you're mentioning, a TV channel, co-branded credit cards, airline tie-ins... those things mostly already exist or have been tried before, and their success has been quite limited. Reason being is that there are hundreds of clubs around the world, and especially there is rivalry. So for every additional customer a brand thinks they can get through some special tie-in, they risk alienating a larger number of customers who are fans of rival teams.

Also the airline loyalty programs being worth more than the airlines is true, but it's a bit of an artificial construct. Over a long enough period of time and without a favorable deal with the airline itself, there is no viable business model for and independent loyalty program.

https://medium.com/@dfcatch/are-frequent-flyer-spin-offs-dead-fb94ae6f0630
They have existed but in islands. And lack of critical mass.

United as a brand can pull everything together globally. Plus the Qatari partners/components that they have in place -- a global media/teleco network, airline, property development etc is at a different level. Global ecosystem. A United tribe.

There is a lot of synergy between Qatar and United -- and less so with a speciality franchise petro-chem company. The Foundation can be funded by a 'club membership' fee paid by the various partners, with the fee dependent on the size of each project/business model and their respective ROI.
If I am right, then explains the need for 100% ownership.

Last edited:

stepic

what an absolutely moronic post.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
You know its possible for two different Qataris to exist right? The media treats them like they are all one entity
But there is no doubt that this is an official state bid, in all but name, to a) avoid owning PSG and United at the same time, and b) allow people to pretend that it isn't an official state bid.

MDFC Manager

Its a complete dickhead of a post. Usually find his wumming amusing but this crosses lines.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
But there is no doubt that this is an official state bid, in all but name, to a) avoid owning PSG and United at the same time, and b) allow people to pretend that it isn't an official state bid.
Not to mention the fact that the guy bidding can't' possibly have earned the money to buy United. Since he's getting the money from elsewhere, it may good be a good idea to learn where its coming from. If not the state, then who.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Not to mention the fact that the guy bidding can't' possibly have earned the money to buy United. Since he's getting the money from elsewhere, it may good be a good idea to learn where its coming from. If not the state, then who.
He found 6 billion down the back of the sofa. Allegedly.

Abdullah7

What Tribe is this? Are you an Al-Thani (are they classed as a tribe)? If you're a family member then I can understand your pride, even if you had nothing to do with it. Or did you? Are you ITK?
We're relatives. Tribe has branches and I'm from a well known branch called 'Al Angrie' from Saudi.

Last edited:

Water Melon

Qatar are getting closer to owning United. Hopefully, this means no debt, top facilities and the CLub being able to invest the money it earns in itself. Flipping Glazers can not f..ck off soon enough.

sglowrider

It will have a chicken & egg scenario. He probably has verbal commitments of who will fund him already (and then some). When he signs the dotted line with the Glazers then they will need to make sure those verbals are solidified. Then he may go back and do a reverse auction with these potential partners on how much they can contribute to the 92 Foundation.

enghuei

Cheats at Tetris
@Raoul , as an admin of the site, what do you think about this post by @Wumminator ?

Bert_

kaku06

The guy is as xenophobic as it gets without getting banned. As you said it’s no surprise he wrote this without caring one bit what others might feel. These are the kind of people who sling insults to foreigners visiting other places. He couldn’t hold his anger and showed his true colours when he saw a poster from ME was happy about the takeover.

Status
Not open for further replies.